Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk says Swans should be more confident! 18:00 - Nov 22 with 2955 views1973scott

We've got fantastic spirit, showed bravery and the defending is there and we've got good players but this is what's missing according to GM - Brightness, Sharpness and lack of confidence

Let's hope he can deliver on these problem areas and let's start putting together a run of results.

Discuss

Garry Monk needs more backing from players, says Ashley Williams
Link to BBC story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34894355
Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:08 - Nov 22 with 2933 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Didn't anybody ask him why they are missing?
So is it now clear from Ash's comment that all the players are not behind GM and giving their all?
Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:14 - Nov 22 with 2907 viewsperchrockjack

After Norwich he was planning to tell them to believe

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:15 - Nov 22 with 2906 views1973scott

Good question
Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:23 - Nov 22 with 2884 viewsdgt73

We are not Real Madrid - time for a reality check.........we've had it's so good since we landed in the Pl - soon as we have a bit of adversity - all hell breaks loose and every word Monk says is twisted to suit whatever the agenda maybe.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:26 - Nov 22 with 2872 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Monks lost it fair play .

He needs help & he's not going to get it off Pep or O Leary .

We've gone stale

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:33 - Nov 22 with 2852 viewsskippyjack

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:26 - Nov 22 by oh_tommy_tommy

Monks lost it fair play .

He needs help & he's not going to get it off Pep or O Leary .

We've gone stale

What kind of help?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:38 - Nov 22 with 2833 viewslovejuicejack

And the defending is there? WTF, no its not
Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:44 - Nov 22 with 2801 viewsphact0rri

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:08 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Didn't anybody ask him why they are missing?
So is it now clear from Ash's comment that all the players are not behind GM and giving their all?

It was clear than ash was talking about the players coming out to the press they are behind the boss. He said they aren't doing that enough. JJS came out and said something similar.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:48 - Nov 22 with 2786 viewsdgt73

I'm sure Sir Huw will know what's fact and what's bullshite - watch this space i suppose.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:49 - Nov 22 with 2780 viewsicecoldjack

He needs help to re instate the flowing football that he has spent months and months trying to modify into a bog standard long ball boring run of the mill premier league tedium.

Where are our footballing principles that were held in such high esteem after the last manager got sacked ?

Why are we playing less attractive football now than in the last 10 yrs ? our identity has been eroded but by the guy given the keys to take us back to those principles!

Sometimes confidence comes from the top and filters down, i'm pretty sure the likes of Siggy didn't sign for us to sit on the bench or play in a position that means running around like a headless chicken is his main input.

I'm sure Jack Cork wasn't up for moving clubs to go from one bench to the other bench, his treatment IMO has been awful, considering he has been almost faultless in every game bar 1 or 2.

How do these players gain confidence in themselves or the manager ? i'm sure the likes of Britton are thinking the same, no game time in ages then thrown onto the field and expected to just roll back the years! if anything that move was going to knock Leons confidence not help it!

Britton did well but was rusty, if he had been getting plenty of minutes he would have been even better though.

So how do some of those Swans achieve more confidence while being benched or told they will be 4 th choice ?

Siggy is in the UEFA team of the year, one of the best and has been sublime for Iceland, when i've seen him play for Iceland he hasn't had a problem with confidence, comes back to the Swans on a high and gets benched !

It's bit of a joke to be fair. Ki needed resting, looked knackered after 5 mins but plays 95 mins. Ash is always awful after international week but plays every time regardless, Shelvey has been plodding along ever since he got an England call up, but being Monks pet project he gets to play regardless.

Confidence needs to come from the top but how can you inspire confidence when some of the decisions being made are truely bizarre .
Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 19:30 - Nov 22 with 2722 viewsNookiejack

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:49 - Nov 22 by icecoldjack

He needs help to re instate the flowing football that he has spent months and months trying to modify into a bog standard long ball boring run of the mill premier league tedium.

Where are our footballing principles that were held in such high esteem after the last manager got sacked ?

Why are we playing less attractive football now than in the last 10 yrs ? our identity has been eroded but by the guy given the keys to take us back to those principles!

Sometimes confidence comes from the top and filters down, i'm pretty sure the likes of Siggy didn't sign for us to sit on the bench or play in a position that means running around like a headless chicken is his main input.

I'm sure Jack Cork wasn't up for moving clubs to go from one bench to the other bench, his treatment IMO has been awful, considering he has been almost faultless in every game bar 1 or 2.

How do these players gain confidence in themselves or the manager ? i'm sure the likes of Britton are thinking the same, no game time in ages then thrown onto the field and expected to just roll back the years! if anything that move was going to knock Leons confidence not help it!

Britton did well but was rusty, if he had been getting plenty of minutes he would have been even better though.

So how do some of those Swans achieve more confidence while being benched or told they will be 4 th choice ?

Siggy is in the UEFA team of the year, one of the best and has been sublime for Iceland, when i've seen him play for Iceland he hasn't had a problem with confidence, comes back to the Swans on a high and gets benched !

It's bit of a joke to be fair. Ki needed resting, looked knackered after 5 mins but plays 95 mins. Ash is always awful after international week but plays every time regardless, Shelvey has been plodding along ever since he got an England call up, but being Monks pet project he gets to play regardless.

Confidence needs to come from the top but how can you inspire confidence when some of the decisions being made are truely bizarre .

Loads of great points.

Shelvey is undroppable because Monk has turned him around.

Yet he is the part of the problem of us not being sharp and incisive. Leon, Ki, Cork and Siggy are much sharper and quicker.

Shelvey does give us something different but perhaps as an impact player late in game when can produce wonder goals and assists.
Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 19:40 - Nov 22 with 2705 viewstomdickharry

Wonder what we will all be saying this time next week after our visit to Anfield,lets all hope that during the ensuing week Monk can install some confidence into the team otherwise we will be slaughtered next Sunday make no mistake about it.
Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 20:03 - Nov 22 with 2664 viewsIslander

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 19:30 - Nov 22 by Nookiejack

Loads of great points.

Shelvey is undroppable because Monk has turned him around.

Yet he is the part of the problem of us not being sharp and incisive. Leon, Ki, Cork and Siggy are much sharper and quicker.

Shelvey does give us something different but perhaps as an impact player late in game when can produce wonder goals and assists.

well said - shelvey is totally droppable, regardless.

Shelve him and the stale negativity he infuses
Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 21:07 - Nov 22 with 2577 viewsPrivate_Partz

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 18:49 - Nov 22 by icecoldjack

Lots of good points indeed.
I was not in favour of Garry's appointment. I disagreed with the way it was done as well. What we are experiencing now is what I expected after he was appointed.
We then proceeded to get rid of all ML's signings and I was massively concerned for the forthcoming season.
What followed for me was amazing. Absolutely unprecedented. A rookie premier league managed changed half a team and it resulted in the highest finish since we have been in the PL. I am sure history will reflect this as an amazing feat by Garry.
That is why I am not prepared to write him off just yet. Surely his skills as a manager should be able to overcome basic team selection and be able to motivate his players? Word from the club is they are still together and team spirit is good.
The next few games will tell as they are all toughies. We have rarely had a pasting since we have been in this league. If we get hammered during this period then I think we a can truly say his time is up. I still cling to the hope he can turn it found at the moment however.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 21:16 - Nov 22 with 2555 viewsOldjack

Garry should really be asking himself Why the hell we were 2 down in the first place and why did we look like the away team for a large part of that second half ,sort that out and he's got a chance

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 21:17 - Nov 22 with 2554 viewsmonmouth

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 21:07 - Nov 22 by Private_Partz

Lots of good points indeed.
I was not in favour of Garry's appointment. I disagreed with the way it was done as well. What we are experiencing now is what I expected after he was appointed.
We then proceeded to get rid of all ML's signings and I was massively concerned for the forthcoming season.
What followed for me was amazing. Absolutely unprecedented. A rookie premier league managed changed half a team and it resulted in the highest finish since we have been in the PL. I am sure history will reflect this as an amazing feat by Garry.
That is why I am not prepared to write him off just yet. Surely his skills as a manager should be able to overcome basic team selection and be able to motivate his players? Word from the club is they are still together and team spirit is good.
The next few games will tell as they are all toughies. We have rarely had a pasting since we have been in this league. If we get hammered during this period then I think we a can truly say his time is up. I still cling to the hope he can turn it found at the moment however.

Laudrup managed a team was smashed 5-0 at Anfield and we were hammered 4-1 last year and it could have been a few more. So our hammerings may have been few but I'd rather not be going there. Worse, they looked right up for it with an amazing 90 minute pressing game (oh hell, sh1t the bed). The good news is that they are so inconsistent, but I wouldn't mind C*ntinho falling down a manhole this week.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 21:24 - Nov 22 with 2543 viewsPrivate_Partz

Monk says Swans should be more confident! on 21:17 - Nov 22 by monmouth

Laudrup managed a team was smashed 5-0 at Anfield and we were hammered 4-1 last year and it could have been a few more. So our hammerings may have been few but I'd rather not be going there. Worse, they looked right up for it with an amazing 90 minute pressing game (oh hell, sh1t the bed). The good news is that they are so inconsistent, but I wouldn't mind C*ntinho falling down a manhole this week.

Indeed they are few and far between. Our goal differences have reflected this. It currently is still better than those around us in the main. If we get a few pastings over the next few games and our GD goes out of the window with its ass on fire then I would say we are well and truly broken. A change will be needed, and fast!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024