Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benny is back!! 22:19 - Sep 16 with 11212 viewsLblock

You apologists and happy clappers can do one

The man is clueless or stubborn

I'll add to this when I've calmed down but if you saw anything positive in his selection, tactics or change tonight I'd love to hear from you (Antti)
My view would be the same even if we'd sneaked a late winner

4-2-3-1 at home time after time after time after time is an insult

Goodnght

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Benny is back!! on 10:56 - Sep 17 with 1484 viewsGetMeRangers

Benny is back!! on 10:44 - Sep 17 by francisbowles

Not a Karl Henry fan but maybe the reason the team keep on passing to him is that he is the one that has found space and is available. Seems to be trying to do his job and Tozser's. Tozser doesn't look very fit. I hope this is not his normal level.

Good point. he was always in teh right place last night. The frustrating thing for me, was that when ever any of the front four had the ball there seemed to be two, but normally three Rovers players on them instantly, yet no apparent space opeing up else where along the front line. For all the criticism of us last night, Rovers worked really hard - as I have said before, it felt as if we were a man short
Benny is back!! on 11:04 - Sep 17 with 1474 viewslondonscottish

Benny is back!! on 10:56 - Sep 17 by GetMeRangers

Good point. he was always in teh right place last night. The frustrating thing for me, was that when ever any of the front four had the ball there seemed to be two, but normally three Rovers players on them instantly, yet no apparent space opeing up else where along the front line. For all the criticism of us last night, Rovers worked really hard - as I have said before, it felt as if we were a man short

The rate of closing down that Blackburn did in the first half was consistently high.

They slacked off a bit in the second half.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Benny is back!! on 11:06 - Sep 17 with 1471 viewsDejR_vu

I can't understand what anyone ever saw in him to justify appointing him. He's in his 50s but has never managed at any meaningful level. Why? What has LF seen that everyone else in football has missed? Apart from a handful of games he's been abysmal. You could argue last season that it wasn't his team but there have been plenty of managers who have gone into clubs and improved another manager's team. This season you could argue that it's early days for a new team but that's a bit of a kop out. Apart from the come-back at Wolves we've been poor all season and look like we're getting worse. The rot looks like it is setting in. Charlie Austin is papering over the cracks.

I absolutely agree with the revised strategy that the club are adopting, but almost all clubs in League 1 and 2 have to promote their youth and work to a budget. Some do it pretty well. Surely there is a manager there somewhere who could do a decent job at QPR? I can only assume with FFP that CR was the only one willing to take it on?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Benny is back!! on 11:08 - Sep 17 with 1469 viewsRangers67

Benny is back!! on 10:32 - Sep 17 by paulparker

What a poor argument that is
our home form is shocking under CR, the argument last year was it was Arrys team, to many mercenaries, Ramsey needs his own team and signings etc
well this is his team, he would have agreed the signings and he still would have had the best budget in this league
this year we are the same , we have conceded 2 goals every home game and been dumped out the cup , he picks Henry come what may, and cannot make a sub or change things around to save his life,
its 2 home games on the spin we have played terrible against average oppostion , but he picks the same team , why ???
he cannot organise the defence either, we are shockingand have been since he took over , the way we let goals and continue to let goals in is comical, so much for this coaching guru
btw have a look at the soccer am clip with Austin and Bullard its toe curling the way Ramsey fawns over Austin as the "top man " you wouldnt see a manager out there doing that
also you say check the table
well cast your mind back a few years , i seem to recall another number 2 called stewart houston who was made manager , who played sh1t football and was out of his depth,
we sacked him and we were 6th at the time

Spot on PP, what I don,t understand is how anyone who has watched Rangers this season and the back end of last can have any faith in what CR is doing. Nice bloke and all that but he ain,t up to it. One man up front on his own against teams significantly lower than us in the league, one of which hadn,t won a league game away from home since Feb, I defy anyone to explain that tactic.
Benny is back!! on 11:12 - Sep 17 with 1446 viewsfrancisbowles

Benny is back!! on 11:08 - Sep 17 by Rangers67

Spot on PP, what I don,t understand is how anyone who has watched Rangers this season and the back end of last can have any faith in what CR is doing. Nice bloke and all that but he ain,t up to it. One man up front on his own against teams significantly lower than us in the league, one of which hadn,t won a league game away from home since Feb, I defy anyone to explain that tactic.

We didn't just have one up front. Luongo was often more advanced than Austin. Charlie seemed to spend a lot of time on the left side of midfield.

Arguably, it is four 'up front'.
Benny is back!! on 11:15 - Sep 17 with 1436 viewsozexile

I may be on my own here and I didn't see the game but having watched us for over 35 years I can guess the type of performance it was. I believe that the 4-3-2-1 if played correctly can be very attacking. I also think we certainly have the attacking players to make it work. But those same players have to take responsibility for it to work. Ramsay can only send them out there with a plan its up to them to execute it.
Benny is back!! on 11:18 - Sep 17 with 1425 viewsellersliehoop

Benny is back!! on 10:06 - Sep 17 by bacardiinbrissie

Oh god the Ramsey Out brigade are back.
I haven't checked the table but could someone please tell me are we closer to a play off place or relegation.....?
Thanks

Lets look at who we've beaten

Rotherham......bottom
Huddersfield....were bottom 3 before Tuesday evening
Wolves..........below halfway

If we lose our next two (Hull/Fulham) which is distinctly possible we'll be nearer a relegation place than play off
Benny is back!! on 11:19 - Sep 17 with 1420 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Benny is back!! on 11:15 - Sep 17 by ozexile

I may be on my own here and I didn't see the game but having watched us for over 35 years I can guess the type of performance it was. I believe that the 4-3-2-1 if played correctly can be very attacking. I also think we certainly have the attacking players to make it work. But those same players have to take responsibility for it to work. Ramsay can only send them out there with a plan its up to them to execute it.

Not on your own mate. There is at least two of us.
Login to get fewer ads

Benny is back!! on 11:21 - Sep 17 with 1414 viewsDejR_vu

The recent performances, first half in particular, suggest either:

1) They don't know what they are supposed to be doing;
2) They don't believe in what they are being asked to do;
3) They're not motivated.

All roads lead to CR.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Benny is back!! on 11:22 - Sep 17 with 1413 viewsellersliehoop

Benny is back!! on 00:38 - Sep 17 by Northernr

No need to be so childish and aggressive about it.

Odd all round again tonight. The fascination with Henry, the reluctance to make a sub, the persistence with that central midfield while Doughty and Faurlin were on the bench. Did himself no favours.

His substitutions, or the lack of them, I find totally bewildering

Removing Chery, one of our major goal threats? Fine, bring on Mackie but take off Henry & Tozser and drop Luongo back
Benny is back!! on 11:27 - Sep 17 with 1398 viewsBlackCrowe

This CR quote from last night worries me:
"We are letting in goals but it’s not as though we are not being torn apart tactically." I think tactics is exactly where it's going wrong - there simply doesn't seem to be any or any that are working - at the very least not any adjustment when things are going wrong or not working.

More worryingly - is that, sat next to the duggout as I am (did i mention in the Paddocks?), was the number of players that seemed to be completly ignoring CR every time he shouted for their attention or issued instruction. It could be of course that they couldn't hear him but it was hardly a cauldron of noise last night.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Benny is back!! on 11:43 - Sep 17 with 1366 viewspaulparker

Yes players have a responsibility ,but its down to Ramsey to implement the tactics
he plays 4-2-3-1 as ive said earlier watch the West ham game from the other night they play the same formation as us , its night and day compared to what we produce
they have attacking fullbacks, jenkinson & Cresswell , we have konschesky & Perch who cannot get over the half way line
Noble is box to box and one of the supposed "holding players" we have Henry and Toszer who are slow and cumbersome who again dont get forward to help when we break
Sakho is the striker who has pace to burn and can run the channels, we have Austin and thats not his game whatsover , we are wasting him
also west ham defend in numbers and harse the oppo, we sit on the edge of our 18 yard box and defend like school girls, our organisation at the back is sh1t the worst ive ever seen at Rangers and again its down to the manager to sort
when Phillips or chery break and get to the byline you watch there is no one in there ,
the point is we dont have the players for the system and thats the manager who implements that
we have the best striker in the league by a country mile and dont play to his strengths,
whos fault is that , its the manager
we have the best winger in the league in phillips but dont play to his strengths, again the fault of the manager
we have tried the system it doesnt work , its not working and he wont change it because he is stubborn or clueless

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Benny is back!! on 11:50 - Sep 17 with 1352 viewsozexile

Benny is back!! on 11:43 - Sep 17 by paulparker

Yes players have a responsibility ,but its down to Ramsey to implement the tactics
he plays 4-2-3-1 as ive said earlier watch the West ham game from the other night they play the same formation as us , its night and day compared to what we produce
they have attacking fullbacks, jenkinson & Cresswell , we have konschesky & Perch who cannot get over the half way line
Noble is box to box and one of the supposed "holding players" we have Henry and Toszer who are slow and cumbersome who again dont get forward to help when we break
Sakho is the striker who has pace to burn and can run the channels, we have Austin and thats not his game whatsover , we are wasting him
also west ham defend in numbers and harse the oppo, we sit on the edge of our 18 yard box and defend like school girls, our organisation at the back is sh1t the worst ive ever seen at Rangers and again its down to the manager to sort
when Phillips or chery break and get to the byline you watch there is no one in there ,
the point is we dont have the players for the system and thats the manager who implements that
we have the best striker in the league by a country mile and dont play to his strengths,
we have the best winger in the league in phillips but dont play to his strengths, again the fault of the manager
we have tried the system it doesnt work , its not working and he wont change it because he is stubborn or clueless

That's a good summary. So what system would you play?
Benny is back!! on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 1329 viewsellersliehoop

I'm not sure Austin is the best striker in the league by a country mile, I thought Rhodes was very impressive last night and has been every time I've seen him play at our place

As for Phillips..........possibly the best winger in W12 but even that's pushing it
Benny is back!! on 11:59 - Sep 17 with 1328 viewsGetMeRangers

Great points, but do you think CR is waiting for players to come back that maybe more effective at the inadequacies or just clueless. I am thinking Yun, Fer, Sandro, Mackie, as well as hoping to use Ale more.
Know it is an unpopular view, but I dont understand why Samba isnt getting a look in... well I do, but...
Dont understand why Jet wasnt on the bench either. Blackwood may not be up to it, but he is super fast from what little I have seen of him and appears to have an eye for goal
Benny is back!! on 12:00 - Sep 17 with 1265 viewsRangers67

Benny is back!! on 11:12 - Sep 17 by francisbowles

We didn't just have one up front. Luongo was often more advanced than Austin. Charlie seemed to spend a lot of time on the left side of midfield.

Arguably, it is four 'up front'.

The only way you would argue it is four up front is if your,e CR, which I guess you may be. Jordan Rhodes didn,t move very often from an area ten yards either side of a line down the center of the pitch and you certainly didn,t see him having to come back into his own half to get the ball. And that is all about tactics which come from the manager. Use your players in their most effective way, its not rocket science and don,t stand there with your arms folded all first half asleep.
Benny is back!! on 12:08 - Sep 17 with 1247 viewspaulparker

Benny is back!! on 11:50 - Sep 17 by ozexile

That's a good summary. So what system would you play?

i would have played 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 last night, get at them early and get the crowd behind the team , if we are leading then go to a 4-2-3-1 and keep the ball,
i would have played the same back four, luango & faurlin in the middle, chery left, phillips right , Austin & Jet or Mackie up top
the manager should play the tactics which suit the oppo , so away from home we can still play 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1
the point was we are at home and have good atttacking players so why not attack and have a go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Benny is back!! on 12:18 - Sep 17 with 1228 viewspaulparker

Benny is back!! on 11:59 - Sep 17 by GetMeRangers

Great points, but do you think CR is waiting for players to come back that maybe more effective at the inadequacies or just clueless. I am thinking Yun, Fer, Sandro, Mackie, as well as hoping to use Ale more.
Know it is an unpopular view, but I dont understand why Samba isnt getting a look in... well I do, but...
Dont understand why Jet wasnt on the bench either. Blackwood may not be up to it, but he is super fast from what little I have seen of him and appears to have an eye for goal

he may well be waiting for those players to come back mate
and those players may suit that system, but they aint avaliable so why not play a system that suits the players we have,
we all know Austin works well around a selfless striker, a mackie would have been ideal, even jet, so Austin can do his work around the 18 yard box not chasing around the blackburn defence looking for scraps
our fullbacks are old and dont get forward so why not play a rigid 4-4-2 with your wingers doing the attacking
luango is good at chasing and harrsing , get him in the middle with faurlin playing simple balls
good point on Blackwood, again bring him on the last 10, stretch the oppo , get him running the channels,
if an old tvvat like me can see this why cant Ramsey ? i worry that we are blowing a good chance of doing something in this league

Benny is back!! on 12:24 - Sep 17 with 1218 viewsozexile

Benny is back!! on 12:18 - Sep 17 by paulparker

he may well be waiting for those players to come back mate
and those players may suit that system, but they aint avaliable so why not play a system that suits the players we have,
we all know Austin works well around a selfless striker, a mackie would have been ideal, even jet, so Austin can do his work around the 18 yard box not chasing around the blackburn defence looking for scraps
our fullbacks are old and dont get forward so why not play a rigid 4-4-2 with your wingers doing the attacking
luango is good at chasing and harrsing , get him in the middle with faurlin playing simple balls
good point on Blackwood, again bring him on the last 10, stretch the oppo , get him running the channels,
if an old tvvat like me can see this why cant Ramsey ? i worry that we are blowing a good chance of doing something in this league

Thing is if Blackburn were that deep there probably wouldn't be channels to run into. These are the sort of games were you need someone with a bit of trickery around the box. Someone who can do something unexpected. Unfortunately those players are in the premier league or too expensive.
Benny is back!! on 12:29 - Sep 17 with 1215 viewsR_from_afar

Look, this "Benny" thing: I have continued to read your posts since you started using the term because you do make some good points (I hope that doesn't sound patronising because that is not my aim), but please, drop it.

You may not agree with Ramsey's tactics - nor do I agree with them all - but there is something deeply disrespectful, insulting even, in comparing the coach of our club, an experienced and thoroughly professional coach and one who has demonstrated that, if nothing else, he respects the club, is to committed to it, and is fully motivated, with a bumbling, half-witted oaf from a crap soap opera.

That said, Ramsey needs to get the team into top gear in minute 1 not minute 46 and he needs to teach the whole lot to defend better, even if it looks ugly. If need be, whack it away, and stay strong. What was Nedum doing? He just wilted.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Benny is back!! on 12:30 - Sep 17 with 1215 views2Thomas2Bowles

I don't know if it's really about what system
It's about movement and good passing, when we are playing poor it's due to being too inflexible, trying to hold shape to much, this is CR downfall he can't see when it's not working and sticks to it to long and it's easy for the other side to just bypass it.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Benny is back!! on 12:39 - Sep 17 with 1201 viewsR_from_afar

Benny is back!! on 22:37 - Sep 16 by Jigsore

Didn't we play 4-2-3-1 under Warnock?

My first thought...
RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Benny is back!! on 12:40 - Sep 17 with 1199 viewsozexile

Benny is back!! on 12:30 - Sep 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I don't know if it's really about what system
It's about movement and good passing, when we are playing poor it's due to being too inflexible, trying to hold shape to much, this is CR downfall he can't see when it's not working and sticks to it to long and it's easy for the other side to just bypass it.

But he's probably worked in that system all week in training. Surely he can't just drop it after 30 mins and let the players run around aimlessly.
Benny is back!! on 12:44 - Sep 17 with 1188 viewsPinnerPaul

Benny is back!! on 10:32 - Sep 17 by paulparker

What a poor argument that is
our home form is shocking under CR, the argument last year was it was Arrys team, to many mercenaries, Ramsey needs his own team and signings etc
well this is his team, he would have agreed the signings and he still would have had the best budget in this league
this year we are the same , we have conceded 2 goals every home game and been dumped out the cup , he picks Henry come what may, and cannot make a sub or change things around to save his life,
its 2 home games on the spin we have played terrible against average oppostion , but he picks the same team , why ???
he cannot organise the defence either, we are shockingand have been since he took over , the way we let goals and continue to let goals in is comical, so much for this coaching guru
btw have a look at the soccer am clip with Austin and Bullard its toe curling the way Ramsey fawns over Austin as the "top man " you wouldnt see a manager out there doing that
also you say check the table
well cast your mind back a few years , i seem to recall another number 2 called stewart houston who was made manager , who played sh1t football and was out of his depth,
we sacked him and we were 6th at the time

Its not a poor argument

W3 D2 L2 are not sacking stats, if they were we, and most other teams. would have new managers every 2 months.

Absurd we have this after EVERY match we don't win - pointless.
Benny is back!! on 12:47 - Sep 17 with 1179 views2Thomas2Bowles

Benny is back!! on 12:40 - Sep 17 by ozexile

But he's probably worked in that system all week in training. Surely he can't just drop it after 30 mins and let the players run around aimlessly.

It's called having a plan B, C..., A good coach will try different things in training not just stick to one idea
It's funny how second half's pick up, most likely as some of the players are telling how to do his job
I think he is stubborn, can't think outside whatever "system" he has in his head
We see that time and time again.

I also think he was hoping this season would be just about staying up so could get away with bad results and poor play.

Now there is presser and he is not up to it.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2015 12:52]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024