Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport game match thread 08:21 - Jul 26 with 9824 viewsRangersDave

I thought I'd start this one as I'm currently sitting in my hotel room nearby and it's been lashing down for 4/5 hours.

Not sure if it will go ahead, but if it does, I'm predicting a 4-0 to Rangers by half time when Newport will leave to go crown green sheep sha ging, leaving our dire pre-season in tatters, only to find the local girls under 12 available for the second half.

We take them on and in a valiant display, hold on for a 6-4 defeat!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Newport game match thread on 15:58 - Jul 26 with 3407 viewsadhoc_qpr

Less than 2 weeks to go...
Newport game match thread on 16:01 - Jul 26 with 3404 viewsadhoc_qpr

Less than 2 weeks to go...
Newport game match thread on 16:04 - Jul 26 with 3386 viewsisawqpratwcity

Still less than two weeks to go.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Newport game match thread on 16:38 - Jul 26 with 3276 viewsDeepcutHoop

Does anyone know when the season starts?
Newport game match thread on 16:40 - Jul 26 with 3242 viewsRanger78

Newport game match thread on 16:38 - Jul 26 by DeepcutHoop

Does anyone know when the season starts?

Less than 2 weeks apparantley
Newport game match thread on 16:56 - Jul 26 with 3092 viewsTheBlob

2 week to notice.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Newport game match thread on 17:00 - Jul 26 with 3048 viewseghamranger

Newport game match thread on 16:56 - Jul 26 by TheBlob

2 week to notice.

13 days ffs.

Where was Austin today? How will he be fit for then. ??

Probably in Liverpool... Rumour has it

HARRY out!!!!
Newport game match thread on 17:04 - Jul 26 with 2998 viewsHayesender

We just seem to be so under prepared.

Can't even be arsed to moan about it anymore

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Newport game match thread on 18:34 - Jul 26 with 2496 viewsHollowayRanger

team (use the word team loosely)

run by amateurs

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Newport game match thread on 18:52 - Jul 26 with 2396 viewsBklynRanger

Newport game match thread on 17:00 - Jul 26 by eghamranger

13 days ffs.

Where was Austin today? How will he be fit for then. ??

Probably in Liverpool... Rumour has it

HARRY out!!!!

One of the commentators read out a list at the start of about 7 or 8 players, all of whom are 'carrying knocks' and wouldn't be risked. Charlie was one of those.
Newport game match thread on 19:05 - Jul 26 with 2335 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Newport game match thread on 17:04 - Jul 26 by Hayesender

We just seem to be so under prepared.

Can't even be arsed to moan about it anymore

You managed somehow ;)
Newport game match thread on 19:47 - Jul 26 with 2190 viewsganjR

Did players look good today?
Newport game match thread on 19:51 - Jul 26 with 2174 viewsHayesender

Newport game match thread on 19:05 - Jul 26 by CroydonCaptJack

You managed somehow ;)

I realised that after I'd pressed add reply

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Newport game match thread on 20:04 - Jul 26 with 2126 viewskropotkin41

It wasn't that bad. The weather was, but the game wasn't.

Fair play to Newport - good welcome.

They looked like a small team, but well organised. They kept their shape and managed a few attacks. They seemed to get quite a few corners. Green had one good save to make. Lot of effort from Newport today I thought.

We look lively in the first half, a bit less so for a while after half time. To be fair I spent much of the time wondering who was who, but Chery looked very good, and JH ran about a lot. We had a lot of the ball for much of the game and there were some good through balls in the first half. Matt Phillips was clearly a class apart when he actually got moving after coming on.

There was a moment when Ale put his foot on the ball and slipped over....... a lot of people gasped and wondered if he'd get up. Look forward to a season of that.

We don't look great to be honest, but we played football and there was enterprise albeit without the end product. I refuse to draw any conclusions about our prospects (I'll be happy of we don't spend the whole season languishing near the bottom), after all if we do sell Charlie I presume there'll be some money for players to come in yet.

I'm hoping to get to games at Cardiff and Bristol this season, maybe even a couple at HQ. Looking forward to seeing the team develop.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Newport game match thread on 20:25 - Jul 26 with 2054 viewsconnell10

Newport game match thread on 20:04 - Jul 26 by kropotkin41

They looked like a small team, but well organised. They kept their shape and managed a few attacks. They seemed to get quite a few corners. Green had one good save to make. Lot of effort from Newport today I thought.

We look lively in the first half, a bit less so for a while after half time. To be fair I spent much of the time wondering who was who, but Chery looked very good, and JH ran about a lot. We had a lot of the ball for much of the game and there were some good through balls in the first half. Matt Phillips was clearly a class apart when he actually got moving after coming on.

There was a moment when Ale put his foot on the ball and slipped over....... a lot of people gasped and wondered if he'd get up. Look forward to a season of that.

We don't look great to be honest, but we played football and there was enterprise albeit without the end product. I refuse to draw any conclusions about our prospects (I'll be happy of we don't spend the whole season languishing near the bottom), after all if we do sell Charlie I presume there'll be some money for players to come in yet.

I'm hoping to get to games at Cardiff and Bristol this season, maybe even a couple at HQ. Looking forward to seeing the team develop.

Fair report mate, awating the doom mongers to start!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Newport game match thread on 20:32 - Jul 26 with 1994 viewsRangersDave

In truth it was atrocious!
Under a fortnight to the season and Ramsey still looks as devoid of ideas as he did last season.

Chopping and changing teams, not directing from the sidelines ( arms folded or in pockets, while oppo was shouting, gesticulating along with his staff)

I can't quite say we are rubbish at the moment because on today's showing it wasn't that far up the descriptive ladder to get that far.

Bad finishing, no one bossing the midfield second half and a gone quiet defence saw us scrape by ( yes I mean that) with a draw against a team 2 leagues below us.

No instructions, no bossing positions, no creative play. Rangers last year I'm afraid just costing less!
Triffic!

And why oh why clap at the end? It cost me £150 notes to go and see that dross, yet those muppets and soon to be released Ramsey haven't got a clue on £25k a week.
It's like applauding ceasar when he orders the lions set upon you. He won't care your going to die as long as he's ok!

God, it's going to be a long season based on today. I just hope that team havnt been lulled into a false sense of their own importance by 15 goal victories.

Oh, and this should have been pretty much a team to walk out in 13 days to play, so why, when they weren't playing well, change so many players? Seems like a case for last years lack of gelling.

I hope Tony has a plan B, because on this showing Les and Ramsey ain't got a clue!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Newport game match thread on 20:33 - Jul 26 with 1981 viewsGetMeRangers

Newport game match thread on 20:04 - Jul 26 by kropotkin41

+1
Thought the German lad Poulter looked very uncertain on the ball.
For some of the players out there today, it was their first game of the pre-season... I thought it showed. Although Newport were quite well organised, it was the hustle and bustle of wednesday when the last 20 minutes were a write off as CR clearly wanted them to run the 90
Quite liked the look of JET at times and his Swazzy green boots. I know my sons like him for that alone

And for the umpteenth time... the No15 with the pony tail is the german player. Poulter... Sebastian Poulter... yes maybe he is called Seb

Offish report
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/match-report-qpr-newport-county-pre-season-rod
Newport game match thread on 22:47 - Jul 26 with 1772 viewsgjc104

Made the 270 mile round trip from Stoke on Trent for the game today...

Thought we did OK in the 1st half, liked the look of Chery in midfield as well as Luongo.
JET was decent also but I cant quite work out where his best position is, I suspect on the bench coming on for Mackie?!

Think we have managed to unearth the German Rob Hulse though in Polter...he looked poor to me on that showing!!

Hoillett still cant beat a full back, even one from League Two!

Assuming Austin, Fer, Sandro and Phillips all go...what will our starting 11 be v Charlton?!
Newport game match thread on 23:26 - Jul 26 with 1702 viewsganjR

Newport game match thread on 22:47 - Jul 26 by gjc104

Made the 270 mile round trip from Stoke on Trent for the game today...

Thought we did OK in the 1st half, liked the look of Chery in midfield as well as Luongo.
JET was decent also but I cant quite work out where his best position is, I suspect on the bench coming on for Mackie?!

Think we have managed to unearth the German Rob Hulse though in Polter...he looked poor to me on that showing!!

Hoillett still cant beat a full back, even one from League Two!

Assuming Austin, Fer, Sandro and Phillips all go...what will our starting 11 be v Charlton?!

If those 4 go and we don't replace them, I guess it would be:
Green
Furlong Onouha Caulker Kpekawa
Faurlin Luongo Chery
Mackie Polter Gladwin
-
I'm pretty sure that we will have 1 or 2 new full backs in there.
If / when Austin and Phillips go, I think we will have realistic targets for those eventualities.
As for Sandro and Fer, I could see 1 player coming in, maybe that one from Palace, but I think with Henry, Diakite (at the moment), Faurlin, Luongo, Chery, JET, Gladwin, Doughty as players who play in their positions.
Ramsey said he wanted 8 in before pre-season training, Excluding Prohouly and N'Guessan, we have signed 6 (Polter, JET, Luongo, Gladwin, Chery and Blackwood). We had 2 on trial, who I don't think will be offered contracts and I think we will probably see another 6 in at least.
Newport game match thread on 23:31 - Jul 26 with 1695 viewsdaveB

Newport game match thread on 23:26 - Jul 26 by ganjR

If those 4 go and we don't replace them, I guess it would be:
Green
Furlong Onouha Caulker Kpekawa
Faurlin Luongo Chery
Mackie Polter Gladwin
-
I'm pretty sure that we will have 1 or 2 new full backs in there.
If / when Austin and Phillips go, I think we will have realistic targets for those eventualities.
As for Sandro and Fer, I could see 1 player coming in, maybe that one from Palace, but I think with Henry, Diakite (at the moment), Faurlin, Luongo, Chery, JET, Gladwin, Doughty as players who play in their positions.
Ramsey said he wanted 8 in before pre-season training, Excluding Prohouly and N'Guessan, we have signed 6 (Polter, JET, Luongo, Gladwin, Chery and Blackwood). We had 2 on trial, who I don't think will be offered contracts and I think we will probably see another 6 in at least.

He never said he wanted 8 in before pre season, that was the headline writer, he said he wanted to bring in most of the signings before pre season which he did
Newport game match thread on 23:47 - Jul 26 with 1663 viewsganjR

Newport game match thread on 23:31 - Jul 26 by daveB

He never said he wanted 8 in before pre season, that was the headline writer, he said he wanted to bring in most of the signings before pre season which he did

Fair enough. I didn't know that.
Newport game match thread on 08:42 - Jul 27 with 1456 viewsisawqpratwcity

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33669988

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Newport game match thread on 08:53 - Jul 27 with 1436 viewswombat

doughty did well when he came on
cherie looked a class above could be a hell of a player for the coming season
luongo quality and likes to get stuck in ala martin rowlands type player

harley wise looked steady

rest unfit and not that great being honest

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Newport game match thread on 09:20 - Jul 27 with 1403 viewsWeaverQPR

why ain't Dexter Blackwood getting a run out with the first team?

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024