Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer 13:15 - Nov 30 with 3291 viewsexiledclaseboy

Anyone tried either of these? The wife bought me four bottles of each from The Greyhound yesterday. Not much chance of me drinking them before next weekend given what I put away yesterday but I'm looking forward to trying them.

Any reviews from the PS lager/beer drinkers?

Poll: Tory leader

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 13:19 - Nov 30 with 2073 viewsjandyt

Fill your boots mate- they're both excellent. I prefer the Gower Gold to the lager, but you won't be disappointed with either. The Gold, as you'd expect is gold in colour and fairly light to taste but not bland.

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 13:19 - Nov 30 with 2073 viewsdickythorpe

Gower Gold in my opinion is superb. Don't overchill it. It tastes great on draught in the Britannia where they keep it at just below room temp.

This brewery has the potential to go huge. Already Sainsbury's have placed orders with them plus Carlsberg.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 13:21]
Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 13:22 - Nov 30 with 2067 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 13:19 - Nov 30 by dickythorpe

Gower Gold in my opinion is superb. Don't overchill it. It tastes great on draught in the Britannia where they keep it at just below room temp.

This brewery has the potential to go huge. Already Sainsbury's have placed orders with them plus Carlsberg.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 13:21]

I was going to ask whether the Gold should be chilled or drunk at room temperature but you've just answered the question. About 30 minutes in the fridge before drinking should do the trick then?

Poll: Tory leader

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 13:23 - Nov 30 with 2064 viewsjandyt

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 13:22 - Nov 30 by exiledclaseboy

I was going to ask whether the Gold should be chilled or drunk at room temperature but you've just answered the question. About 30 minutes in the fridge before drinking should do the trick then?

I tend to chill it but it's lovely either way

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 13:28 - Nov 30 with 2051 viewsscottishjack

Gower Gold is a very nice drink, one of my facourites. The Lighthouse isn't for me, but it's very popular in my pub when we have it in.

Both highly recommended if my customers are anything to go by.
Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 14:30 - Nov 30 with 2013 viewsLeonisGod

Gold's lovely. It quite hoppy and citrusy, as is the trend, but slips down very well. Chilled for me.
Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 15:03 - Nov 30 with 1988 viewsLord_Bony

Presumably,it s drunk to get drunk?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 15:11 - Nov 30 with 1979 viewsjack247

I've tried Gower Gold and Gower Power, in kegs. One of them is really smooth and goes down like a dream, the other is hanging. Can't remember which is which.

There was a Mumbles railway branded one as well I think, but haven't seen that around for a while
Login to get fewer ads

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 15:25 - Nov 30 with 1970 viewsdickythorpe

The Gold is easy to drink and is 4.5% Gower Power is 5.5% and will creep up on you after 3pints, much stronger and floral in taste
Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 15:36 - Nov 30 with 1957 viewsDarran

Where's the PS pisshead Max when you need him?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 15:56 - Nov 30 with 1928 viewsdickythorpe

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 15:36 - Nov 30 by Darran

Cycling backwards balancing pints on his head!!!
Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 16:01 - Nov 30 with 1923 viewsmax936

Fuk you shithead. Gower Gold is lovely anywhere bar where its brewed don't know why, but its terrible at the Greyhound and chilled I prefer it, ain't tried it in the bottle, but try a bottle at one temperature and another at a colder temp and make your choice.
Loads of Pale Ales around at the minute, some obviously are better than others dependant on your taste, but most are quality, Mumbles Gold is a lovely drop which is brewed down the Pilot, Celt brewery, Otleys, Tiny Rebel and Brains beers have one out as well now lovely stuff, Timothy Taylors Landlords is stunning, but you don't see much of it on Draught anywhere which is a shame cause its nectar from the gods, but its lovely from a bottle.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 20:42]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 16:02 - Nov 30 with 1920 viewsjack247

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 15:25 - Nov 30 by dickythorpe

The Gold is easy to drink and is 4.5% Gower Power is 5.5% and will creep up on you after 3pints, much stronger and floral in taste

That's it then, Gower Gold is lovely. Gower Power probably more for the connoisseurs than occasional ale drinkers.
Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 16:03 - Nov 30 with 1918 viewsdickythorpe

Max, try Goose Island IPA from Chicago
Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 16:08 - Nov 30 with 1907 viewsmax936

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 16:03 - Nov 30 by dickythorpe

Max, try Goose Island IPA from Chicago

Where can you buy that from? I tell you wat, we organise a trip up to the Gravity Station in Cardiff and sample a few from there, we could do a tour down Westgate St as well Brewdog, Zero Degrees, Urban Tap and City Arms, some cracking beers on offer up there.

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 16:13 - Nov 30 with 1901 viewsdickythorpe

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 16:08 - Nov 30 by max936

Where can you buy that from? I tell you wat, we organise a trip up to the Gravity Station in Cardiff and sample a few from there, we could do a tour down Westgate St as well Brewdog, Zero Degrees, Urban Tap and City Arms, some cracking beers on offer up there.

That would be a session and a half!! Sometime in the new year but i ain't cycling!!!!
Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 00:31 - Dec 1 with 1807 viewsEdmundo

Nice drink that Gower gold. Tried the whole lot of the Gower ales down the Kings Head last summer...wow, some beauts there if you like your ales.

Don't cycle home though, don't even attempt to walk 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 08:33 - Dec 1 with 1755 viewsattila_the_hun

I had a pint of 'Purple Badger' when I went for a meal in The Purple Badger. Twas sublime

"I'm Free"

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 09:29 - Dec 1 with 1739 viewsUxbridge

Gower Gold is lovely. I'm not an ale drinker but that is lovely.

Lighthouse was a bit bland from the couple of bottles I had.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 09:39 - Dec 1 with 1733 viewsPonderosa

Try Felchers Spangleclout. Earthy tones, plus delicate hints of rohypnol and the tears of sloths

Bring The Missus

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 10:33 - Dec 1 with 1718 viewsepaul

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 16:01 - Nov 30 by max936

Fuk you shithead. Gower Gold is lovely anywhere bar where its brewed don't know why, but its terrible at the Greyhound and chilled I prefer it, ain't tried it in the bottle, but try a bottle at one temperature and another at a colder temp and make your choice.
Loads of Pale Ales around at the minute, some obviously are better than others dependant on your taste, but most are quality, Mumbles Gold is a lovely drop which is brewed down the Pilot, Celt brewery, Otleys, Tiny Rebel and Brains beers have one out as well now lovely stuff, Timothy Taylors Landlords is stunning, but you don't see much of it on Draught anywhere which is a shame cause its nectar from the gods, but its lovely from a bottle.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 20:42]

what was that pint o shite you got me to drinkin the X keys? hanging that was

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 10:34 - Dec 1 with 1717 viewsepaul

5 pints and he's done mun

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 10:41 - Dec 1 with 1713 viewsmax936

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 10:33 - Dec 1 by epaul

what was that pint o shite you got me to drinkin the X keys? hanging that was

That was Taylors but l'd blame the keys cause sample it anywhere where its kept properly and its stunning, its brewed up the smoke init? Im sure someone told me it was anyway.
Scrap that its brewed in Yorkshire.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2014 10:45]

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 18:04 - Dec 1 with 1650 viewsMagic_Michu

Gower Gold is superb... I had a couple of 70 pint barrels delivered to my wedding in Surrey in August.

I also love Celt Beer's 'Silures'... give it a try.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 18:34 - Dec 1 with 1636 viewsmax936

Lighthouse lager and Gower Gold beer on 18:04 - Dec 1 by Magic_Michu

Gower Gold is superb... I had a couple of 70 pint barrels delivered to my wedding in Surrey in August.

I also love Celt Beer's 'Silures'... give it a try.

Celt beer is suberp, there's a Breconshire brew that's quality to, can't remember what its called now, but Queens in Swansea have had a few of their beers in, Otley's from Pontypridd produce some lovely beer as well, Gary Landlord of the Queens reckons the beer is nicer from hard water area's.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024