Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? 19:04 - Jun 23 with 2568 viewsUSSwans

I want to buy a new shirt for the season and I was wondering if anyone has bought one with name and number, and could tell me the material they are made out of. Is it that felt-y feeling Lextra, or the smooth plastic?

For the first time last year I got one from the team with that smooth plastic that feels like it is a Chinese knock-off. I don't mind paying for the Lextra, but won't if it's plastic. I have e-mailed the team store, but as is standard practice, I have not heard anything back.

So.... who has one, and what is the material.

Thank you!

Rob

PS - I'd go to the store and check for myself, but I live in Chicago.
Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 19:05 - Jun 23 with 2562 viewsDarran

Do you like Cheap Trick?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 20:14 - Jun 23 with 2500 viewsUSSwans

Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 19:05 - Jun 23 by Darran

Do you like Cheap Trick?

The band is OK - I saw them here a few years back at a free concert.

The fact that I paid full price for plastic name and numbers? No, I didn't like that cheap trick one bit.
Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 20:16 - Jun 23 with 2497 viewsDarran

Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 20:14 - Jun 23 by USSwans

The band is OK - I saw them here a few years back at a free concert.

The fact that I paid full price for plastic name and numbers? No, I didn't like that cheap trick one bit.

Well said.

I'm sure if they sell them in the club shop,they're the regulation name and numbers.

Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 21:30 - Jun 23 with 2414 viewsUSSwans

Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 20:16 - Jun 23 by Darran

Well said.

I'm sure if they sell them in the club shop,they're the regulation name and numbers.

...but that is my point - last year they weren't. I bought two from the team store and they were the cheap plastic. I wrote the "contact us" people and never got a reply.
Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 21:39 - Jun 23 with 2392 viewsDarran

Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 21:30 - Jun 23 by USSwans

...but that is my point - last year they weren't. I bought two from the team store and they were the cheap plastic. I wrote the "contact us" people and never got a reply.

Can you tell anything from this photo?

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Fans-keen-kitted-season/story-21277501-d

Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 21:56 - Jun 23 with 2363 viewsUplandsJack

Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 21:30 - Jun 23 by USSwans

The plastic type is the official name & numbering for the Premier League. Officially it was changed as it apparently is lighter and doesn't absorb sweat like the LEXTRA Type did...
Well that's what they told me anyway...
Away name and numbers are Red with white outline by way!!
Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 21:58 - Jun 23 with 2359 viewsKennedy

Not seen one in the flesh, but looks like the plastic type.

I think only our centenary kit had the felt name and numbers. Maybe as it was a one off?

All Premier League kits have the same name and number design (sporting ID/ Sensilla)

Our European kits last season looked even worse with a high gloss look to them. Not sure where these came from as they did not have the PL logo on the bottom.

Or you could always get your own and iron it on.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2014 22:07]

Just call me JFK

Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 22:08 - Jun 23 with 2332 viewsGrandPrix

My boy has them..they feel plastic...ish look really nice though this year

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Login to get fewer ads

Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 22:55 - Jun 23 with 2282 viewsUSSwans

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like they are plastic again (unless someone finds otherwise). The 1st year and Centenary year were Lextra/Sencilica, but maybe that cost too much. There is one place in Chicago that does them - maybe I'll order it blank and bring it to them.

It's a shame. I guess I get that they hold less water/sweat, but I really liked the felt feel. I know the NFL just switched from sewn on to plastic heat-pressed, saying it was higher quality, when in fact it was nothing more than giving them a way to pay less and sell it for more.

If anyone else has one, I'd love to hear more feedback.

Thank you!
Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 23:25 - Jun 23 with 2257 viewsUplandsJack

You can probably get the LEXTRA type on eBay if you take a look...
Also the premier league arm badges are plastic type too just for your info!!
Name and Number on the New Kits - What is the Material This Year? on 07:37 - Jun 24 with 2189 viewsJackfath

Anyone know what grade polyester they're using on the shirts?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024