Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" 21:02 - Apr 25 with 9387 viewsNeathJack

And then appear to pull it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/swanseas-garry-monk-wins-permanent-3
Mirror publish story that on 09:06 - Apr 26 with 1205 viewsBaker

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 08:07 - Apr 26 by Oldjack

Garry could do for us what Moyes achieved at Everton ,stability ,which we all crave for, no fancy signings but yet some very good signings who give 100% all the time ,plus first and foremost a damn hard team to beat ,what more can you ask for

I 'could' go home from work later to find Rachel Riley in her skimps, lying in my bed with beautifully hand written sign saying 'Insert Penis Here' with an arrow pointing at her muff.

But I doubt it.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Mirror publish story that on 09:11 - Apr 26 with 1180 viewsOldjack

Mirror publish story that on 09:06 - Apr 26 by Baker

I 'could' go home from work later to find Rachel Riley in her skimps, lying in my bed with beautifully hand written sign saying 'Insert Penis Here' with an arrow pointing at her muff.

But I doubt it.

take a bath have a massive makeover and the sky's the limit sarnnnnnnnn

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mirror publish story that on 09:13 - Apr 26 with 1172 viewsBaker

Mirror publish story that on 09:11 - Apr 26 by Oldjack

take a bath have a massive makeover and the sky's the limit sarnnnnnnnn

Sound advice.

Any pearls of wisdom for Garry?

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Mirror publish story that on 09:15 - Apr 26 with 1164 viewsOldjack

Mirror publish story that on 09:13 - Apr 26 by Baker

Sound advice.

Any pearls of wisdom for Garry?

Just don't be afraid to ask for advice off two of the finest managers in the prem

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 09:19 - Apr 26 with 1156 viewsPrivate_Partz

But watch your back Gary as they will be eyeing your players looking for a bargain.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 09:24 - Apr 26 with 1132 viewsMattG

Do I think, at this point in time, that Monk would be the right appointment for next season? No.

Do I think that, if he were to be appointed, that would mean certain relegation or failure? No.

There are so many imponderables that it's really not worth getting worked up about. The Sherwood experiment at Spurs is a down arrow for the Monk appointment while Mel's performance at WBA so far doesn't exactly suggest that an experienced manager will automatically mean stability or success either.

My plan? Support whoever is in place and hope it's the right appointment because there's no way of telling in advance.
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 09:32 - Apr 26 with 1114 viewsDr_Winston

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 09:24 - Apr 26 by MattG

Do I think, at this point in time, that Monk would be the right appointment for next season? No.

Do I think that, if he were to be appointed, that would mean certain relegation or failure? No.

There are so many imponderables that it's really not worth getting worked up about. The Sherwood experiment at Spurs is a down arrow for the Monk appointment while Mel's performance at WBA so far doesn't exactly suggest that an experienced manager will automatically mean stability or success either.

My plan? Support whoever is in place and hope it's the right appointment because there's no way of telling in advance.

Yup.

Nobody with the best interests of the club at heart wants Monk to fail. IF he is appointed then everyone will obviously want him to do well other than a few Laudrup fanboys. For me it's simply a case of his appointment being a gamble that we don't need to take at this moment in time.

Would he be a success as Swans manager? Possibly. Is is worth taking that chance? Not right now, no.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mirror publish story that on 09:39 - Apr 26 with 1100 views3swan

I have some of the reservations about Garry as some but to totally write him off after the short amount of games he's had..........no I don't.

He came in with what seemed like a squad that was low on confidence, and from what I've seen on the pitch has improved things.
In his interviews he says that he has learned many things in a short time and is open to learning from all.

Would I be wary starting next season with him in charge, yes I will, but then again I don't know who the alternative would be.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2014 9:39]
Login to get fewer ads

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 09:49 - Apr 26 with 1069 viewsPrivate_Partz

I hope Huw knows the alternative. We need an experienced manager with contacts. We can then award Gary a senior coaching role as he gains experience and earns his badges. I suspect Man U are about to do something similar to this after Brazil.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 09:53 - Apr 26 with 1055 viewsgoontheswans

I will give credit to Monk for one thing he has done He has certainly brought expectations crashing down. It's just unfortunate they weren't a little bit more realistic under Laudrup. Or maybe he will have the no league within leagues brief for next season.
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 09:59 - Apr 26 with 1032 viewsPrivate_Partz

I really hope it was not just expectations that got ML the sack. Leagues within leagues are fine. It is inevitable within the Prem due the obvious differences in resources. Every manager in the bottom half subscribed to this in different ways. ML was too up front I guess.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 10:07 - Apr 26 with 1011 viewsNeath_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 09:32 - Apr 26 by Dr_Winston

Yup.

Nobody with the best interests of the club at heart wants Monk to fail. IF he is appointed then everyone will obviously want him to do well other than a few Laudrup fanboys. For me it's simply a case of his appointment being a gamble that we don't need to take at this moment in time.

Would he be a success as Swans manager? Possibly. Is is worth taking that chance? Not right now, no.

What manager wouldn't be a gamble? Plenty of big name managers have gone through the Premier League exit door. We will always be flirting with relegation in my opinion, we are not a big enough club to cement ourselves in the middle of this great league on a regular basis.

I don't want him as manager next year, purely on the basis that i think he would struggle to attract a certain calibre of player. I have no worries about his tactical nous, ability to motivate the team etc.

I suppose it's natural for people to stamp their feet and demand big/famous.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 10:57 - Apr 26 with 930 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 08:50 - Apr 26 by WarwickHunt

Story being the correct term.

Not a shred of evidence there, just the usual pathetic Mirror dogshit.

At last, the cavalry's here

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:02 - Apr 26 with 922 viewsDr_Winston

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 10:07 - Apr 26 by Neath_Jack

What manager wouldn't be a gamble? Plenty of big name managers have gone through the Premier League exit door. We will always be flirting with relegation in my opinion, we are not a big enough club to cement ourselves in the middle of this great league on a regular basis.

I don't want him as manager next year, purely on the basis that i think he would struggle to attract a certain calibre of player. I have no worries about his tactical nous, ability to motivate the team etc.

All managers are a gamble. Some less so than others, which is the point most of those who would prefer Monk didn't get the job seem to be making.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:06 - Apr 26 with 906 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 10:07 - Apr 26 by Neath_Jack

I'm sorry Neefie but I have to disagree with you. As long as we try to continue to grow we could definitely become a regular top twelve club. But we can't stand still and expansion is an absolute must. When you see the Redbirds expanding even in the face of probable relegation it makes it even more stupid not to have at least started the East stand extension.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:07 - Apr 26 with 903 viewsNeath_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:02 - Apr 26 by Dr_Winston

All managers are a gamble. Some less so than others, which is the point most of those who would prefer Monk didn't get the job seem to be making.

Impossible to predict which manager would be more or less of a gamble though. Look at Sir Alex for instance, the best manager that has ever lived and he hand picked Moyes, look what happened there and they could have had the pick of nigh on any manager in the world.

Hindsight of course is a wonderful thing.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mirror publish story that on 11:11 - Apr 26 with 891 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 09:59 - Apr 26 by Private_Partz

I really hope it was not just expectations that got ML the sack. Leagues within leagues are fine. It is inevitable within the Prem due the obvious differences in resources. Every manager in the bottom half subscribed to this in different ways. ML was too up front I guess.

It's a bit bi polar to sack a manager who knew the limitations he had with the transfer budget as opposed to the likes of City, Chelsea et all to appoint a rookie manager who may not believe in "leagues within a league" but will never get a transfer budget big enough to eclipse the 9th place we achieved with the previous man. Mmmmnnnnn

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:13 - Apr 26 with 890 viewsWarwickHunt

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:02 - Apr 26 by Dr_Winston

Yep - it's not rocket science.

As for "big names", I'm sure most of us would be thrilled with Paul Clement.
Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:17 - Apr 26 with 874 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:13 - Apr 26 by WarwickHunt

Yep - it's not rocket science.

As for "big names", I'm sure most of us would be thrilled with Paul Clement.

Considering the alternative, yeah probably. Nothing against Garry but this isn't the time or place for someone of such little experience. One for the future? Quite possibly.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:18 - Apr 26 with 873 viewsDr_Winston

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:07 - Apr 26 by Neath_Jack

Impossible to predict which manager would be more or less of a gamble though. Look at Sir Alex for instance, the best manager that has ever lived and he hand picked Moyes, look what happened there and they could have had the pick of nigh on any manager in the world.

Hindsight of course is a wonderful thing.

You've just provided a cracking example of the point I'm making.

United could have had Jose Mourinho. It's common knowledge that he wanted the job and only turned back to Chelsea after it was made clear that United weren't interested. Instead they gambled on a man with no experience of dealing with the kind of challenges that managing Man Utd provides.

Look how that turned out.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:20 - Apr 26 with 865 viewsDr_Winston

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:17 - Apr 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Considering the alternative, yeah probably. Nothing against Garry but this isn't the time or place for someone of such little experience. One for the future? Quite possibly.

Precisely.

Welcome to the circle jerk Brynnie.

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:20 - Apr 26 with 865 viewsDarran

So if Garry does get the gig what are you all going to do stop going in protest isi?

I appreciate what everyone is saying and he wouldn't be my choice either but if it is confirmed it's time to stop moaning and get behind him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:26 - Apr 26 with 849 viewsOldjack

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:20 - Apr 26 by Darran

So if Garry does get the gig what are you all going to do stop going in protest isi?

I appreciate what everyone is saying and he wouldn't be my choice either but if it is confirmed it's time to stop moaning and get behind him.

fuk me sarnnnnnnn thats the most sensible statement you've ever made Garry Monks black&white army !!

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:28 - Apr 26 with 846 viewsDarran

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:26 - Apr 26 by Oldjack

fuk me sarnnnnnnn thats the most sensible statement you've ever made Garry Monks black&white army !!

Thank you Alan.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mirror publish story that "Monk wins permanent appointment" on 11:28 - Apr 26 with 842 viewsAngelRangelQS

If he's the best man for the job then he should get it. I'm afraid that the board haven't even bothered to find out.

There's nobody I'd rather see make a good go of it as our manager but I'm hardly filled with confidence.

If they now decide to invest more heavily in the scouting side of things, I'd be a bit happier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024