Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best and Worst Days at the 'Famous Old Grounds' 23:59 - Feb 14 with 15028 viewsbonymine

Man City = Maine Road very intimidating when I went there as a 16 year old in 1981 1st Div Season in middle of Moss Side and we lost 4-0.
Liverpool = Just after Shankly died and Tosh wore a Liverpool shirt under his Swans tracksuit. Game was 2=2 but like the Wild West outside after the game.
West Ham = FA Cup Rd 5 1981 thought we'd claimed a replay before David Cross scored winner .. stabbed by WHU fans with knitting needles and pelted with golf balls.
Burnley = What's the time Taff?
Oh what joy it was to follow the Swans then.....we used to get a bus from Burry Port which stopped at the Uplands and then Skewen with Huw & Gordon to take us on our travels.....oh what happy days............

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Best and Worst Days at the 'Famous Old Grounds' on 14:20 - Feb 21 with 1089 viewstheloneranger

Best and Worst Days at the 'Famous Old Grounds' on 12:11 - Feb 21 by Captain_Sham

We broke our winless away run at Bournemouth 3 weeks before we beat Cambridge.

... And it was the 1984/85 season, plus we lost 2 away matches and a home match in between the Bournemouth and Cambridge away wins.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Best and Worst Days at the 'Famous Old Grounds' on 21:51 - Feb 21 with 927 viewsCatullus

Do I remember right, wasn't Bognor Regis in the FA cup a bit tasty?

I went to Bristol City on a Tuesday night with the Queens boys, we stopped in Cardiff for a beer on the way and so arrived late in Bristol, we were a goal down before we got in and after the game there was Bristol fans everywhere in the car park and fights breaking out all over, the General got on the bus and told everyone get off and fight or I'll give you a kicking myself just as the police horses arrived, the riders having those long batons and they were clubbing everybody. The car park soon cleared.
We stopped at a services on the way back, most of us went in but a few stayed on the bus, several of us had to stand all the way back then because someone had taken a leak on a few seats.

Monaco away, had a fantastic few days travelling the length of France and the day itself was brilliant. The local fans loved us I seem to remember though my memory isn't entirely trustworthy!

Panathinaikos at home, was in the Queens when the police came in to clear the pub, they got a beer shower but the beer was still in the glasses, I sat there and watched maybe a dozen pints fly over my head. Crazy days.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024