Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti on the Millwall game 15:20 - Sep 20 with 2411 viewsbosh67

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti on the Millwall game on 15:35 - Sep 20 with 2304 viewsHAYESBOY

Good news on JCS and Chair.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Marti on the Millwall game on 15:37 - Sep 20 with 2282 viewsTheChef

I know our manager usually talks sense but since the Ainsworth era I can't bring myself to watch these and hear the usual questions and platitudes.

Less is more.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Marti on the Millwall game on 16:06 - Sep 20 with 2065 viewsWokingR

Marti on the Millwall game on 15:37 - Sep 20 by TheChef

I know our manager usually talks sense but since the Ainsworth era I can't bring myself to watch these and hear the usual questions and platitudes.

Less is more.

They certainly seem keen to flog the idea that this is a derby game.
Marti on the Millwall game on 17:02 - Sep 20 with 1896 viewsTheChef

Marti on the Millwall game on 16:06 - Sep 20 by WokingR

They certainly seem keen to flog the idea that this is a derby game.

Er, no. It isn't.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Marti on the Millwall game on 17:47 - Sep 20 with 1740 viewswestlondonisRs1882

It’s not really a Derby game. I don’t live near any Millwall fans , I don’t know any Millwall fans. There’s no “Banter “ jeopardy at stake . What there is , is a pain in the arse to get to a pub after the match.
Marti on the Millwall game on 17:52 - Sep 20 with 1725 viewsLazyFan

Marti is having a laugh about the Palace press.

Sure, Wed did it very effectively against us, and QPR could not cope; even in the 2nd half, it was better but still not good enough. But for the cup game Palace who may press in the Prem did not bother as they were cruising against QPR.

So, I am not sure the coping with pressing teams issue has been solved. Maybe Marti knows this and is just playing the PR game and has it all sorted for Wall. Lets hope so.

I suspect Jake and Chair won't be on the subs bench even for Wall; it will take another two games. They still need to get back to match fitness, so there is still some way to go.

I would like to see Lloyd, Dembele, and Smyth behind Frey, with Field and Colback (Varane if not fit) in the middle. As JCS won't be fit, I would look at Ashby for RB, as despite his mistakes, he looked interesting on the breakaways. Bringing Saito on in the second half for Lloyd and Santos for Smyth once they have run the oop's defence into the ground.

But I suspect he will play Madsen again on the left, even though I am not impressed with him so far. And he probably play Andersen moving Dembele over to the right. I am not sure this setup is balanced enough.

zzzzzzzzzz

Marti on the Millwall game on 19:17 - Sep 20 with 1467 viewsdavman

Marti on the Millwall game on 17:52 - Sep 20 by LazyFan

Sure, Wed did it very effectively against us, and QPR could not cope; even in the 2nd half, it was better but still not good enough. But for the cup game Palace who may press in the Prem did not bother as they were cruising against QPR.

So, I am not sure the coping with pressing teams issue has been solved. Maybe Marti knows this and is just playing the PR game and has it all sorted for Wall. Lets hope so.

I suspect Jake and Chair won't be on the subs bench even for Wall; it will take another two games. They still need to get back to match fitness, so there is still some way to go.

I would like to see Lloyd, Dembele, and Smyth behind Frey, with Field and Colback (Varane if not fit) in the middle. As JCS won't be fit, I would look at Ashby for RB, as despite his mistakes, he looked interesting on the breakaways. Bringing Saito on in the second half for Lloyd and Santos for Smyth once they have run the oop's defence into the ground.

But I suspect he will play Madsen again on the left, even though I am not impressed with him so far. And he probably play Andersen moving Dembele over to the right. I am not sure this setup is balanced enough.

I think JCS will be on the bench, but hoping for Chaie to be with him is a little too much hope. Can't wait to see him and Dembele.

Would rather Saito than Lloyd, but suspect Marti will go with Alfie.

Anderson simply must improve as he has been pretty shocking so far this season, but I suspect he'll start. Unlike many on here I like the look of Madsen and would like to see him ahead of Lucas at the moment...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Marti on the Millwall game on 19:43 - Sep 20 with 1356 viewsdaveB

I think Lloyd will start on the left with Madsen, Colback and Field in the middle, Dembele on the right
Login to get fewer ads

Marti on the Millwall game on 19:58 - Sep 20 with 1267 viewsstainrods_elbow

All quite sensible, although MC says in the pre-match interview that JCS is in contention for tomorrow's game, having apparently trained this week.
[Post edited 20 Sep 19:58]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Marti on the Millwall game on 08:07 - Sep 21 with 822 viewsgazza1

If Clark Salter is fit then he will start, so will Colback (if fit). Dunne will revert back to RB if JCS is selected. Best Chair can think about is sub. I hope that Dembele starts in CM. Easy choices for MC imho.

The difficulties are in midfield, who do you play? - Varane, Madsen, Anderson, Saito or Smyth. We lack pace without having Saito or Smyth in the starting 11 but it just depends how MC plays the game tactically.
Marti on the Millwall game on 08:59 - Sep 21 with 729 viewsdmm

It's great to see Smyth upping his game this season, although his final ball still needs work. That said, I still feel he's best used as an impact sub. For me, Saito should start.
Marti on the Millwall game on 09:02 - Sep 21 with 704 viewsgazza1

Marti on the Millwall game on 08:59 - Sep 21 by dmm

It's great to see Smyth upping his game this season, although his final ball still needs work. That said, I still feel he's best used as an impact sub. For me, Saito should start.

Most of the attacking players final balls/passes are 'not the best'.....not just Smyth.
Marti on the Millwall game on 09:08 - Sep 21 with 688 viewsdmm

Marti on the Millwall game on 09:02 - Sep 21 by gazza1

Most of the attacking players final balls/passes are 'not the best'.....not just Smyth.

Yeah, fair enough. The thing with the wee man is that with his pace he gets into positions to make his final ball really count That's what's so frustrating.
Marti on the Millwall game on 09:39 - Sep 21 with 631 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Marti on the Millwall game on 09:08 - Sep 21 by dmm

Yeah, fair enough. The thing with the wee man is that with his pace he gets into positions to make his final ball really count That's what's so frustrating.

If Smyth could use his first touch more to beat the man, he'd have more time to look up and to improve his final ball. If he fixes that, he'll improve a lot.

I still think that while his pace gets him into great positions he too often uses his first touch to steady himself. After that, his man ctaches him and he looks down as he starts to attampt to beat his man. he iften does beat his man to be fair to him but rarely with enough time and space to look up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Marti on the Millwall game on 16:00 - Sep 21 with 446 viewsLazyFan

As predicted we could not break the press. Madsen was better but not by much and that's not really Fields job. So, it means Saito and Demeble has to make it happen.

Wall packed the flanks, so that was it game over. The only reason we scored that goal was Wall pushed forward against their manager's advice just moments before, got caught with too many forward on the breakaway, and magical skill from Dembele and Frey in the exact same move got us undeservedly level.

That was like Wed too lucky and not really a controlled performance. We played like the away team. Poor. Andersen, with Madsen, is too slow to get around the pitch. You can play one, but not both, really. You could see the difference when Varane was on, and it's not as if he tore up any trees, but you could see the energy there and the movement.

We were also luck that Wall had way many more injuries than we do and to key players. I was impressed how they have recruited for their squad over the summer. Clever recruitment by them.

We look weak still without Chair. Still cannot get out our own half. It's good that most of the time, our defence is very good indeed with the amount of attacks it has to defend against. And that Nardi is a quality keeper.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024