Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dixon-Bonner 15:40 - Sep 19 with 3900 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Does anyone know why MC was having a go at EDB after Palaces first goal?
I couldn't work out if it was for not tracking back and leaving Celar to do it and commit the foul, or for switching off at the resulting free kick that led to the goal.

Anyone?
Dixon-Bonner on 15:42 - Sep 19 with 3873 viewsMaggsinho

Nketiah was his man at the free kick and he completely switched off.
Dixon-Bonner on 15:51 - Sep 19 with 3772 viewsdmm

He's had an awful start to the season. The promise EDB showed last season has not been forthcoming so far.
Dixon-Bonner on 16:13 - Sep 19 with 3658 viewsstevec

Dixon-Bonner on 15:51 - Sep 19 by dmm

He's had an awful start to the season. The promise EDB showed last season has not been forthcoming so far.

I believe that reference point emanates from his performance in the last game of the season dead rubber at Coventry.

As a rule of thumb, ignore dead rubber last game of the season performances, in fact, as a guide to what you’re going to get next season, any games against opposition who have hit the beach metaphorically.

It’s the first 40 games where you shift the wheat from the chaff.
Dixon-Bonner on 16:26 - Sep 19 with 3588 viewsdaveB

Dixon-Bonner on 15:51 - Sep 19 by dmm

I don't think he's been awful but he's not been at his best and not doing enough to break into the team, similar to Anderson in that position looks a bit lethargic at the moment
Dixon-Bonner on 17:09 - Sep 19 with 3407 viewsdmm

Dixon-Bonner on 16:26 - Sep 19 by daveB

I don't think he's been awful but he's not been at his best and not doing enough to break into the team, similar to Anderson in that position looks a bit lethargic at the moment

Awful might be a bit of an overstatement but Marti took him off at HT on Tuesday night which says something about his form. He'll need to significantly improve his form to get a starting spot from now on.
Dixon-Bonner on 18:10 - Sep 19 with 3123 viewsnumptydumpty

Dixon-Bonner on 17:09 - Sep 19 by dmm

Awful might be a bit of an overstatement but Marti took him off at HT on Tuesday night which says something about his form. He'll need to significantly improve his form to get a starting spot from now on.

Think he could be another of those players that could be here for a few years but doesn't improve much and is last choice as a squad player.

He has moments, looks in control at times, but it's not quite there.

George Thomas or Luke Amos spring to mind.

A likeable player who you hope breaks through but can't quite do it !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dixon-Bonner on 18:10 - Sep 19 with 3121 viewsStreathamRanger

Maybe because he kept passing it to Palace players. I've not seen anything in the last couple of games he's played to suggest he has a future at Loftus Road beyond this season. Not particularly quick, not particularly strong and not particularly good on the ball. I suspect his level is one or two leagues below the championship.
Dixon-Bonner on 19:07 - Sep 19 with 2916 viewsgazza1

Not the player many thought, doubt if he will make it with us........he was pretty poor on Tuesday and suggest he was blamed for the Palace first goal on Tuesday, hence why he was replaced at HT.
Login to get fewer ads

Dixon-Bonner on 20:36 - Sep 19 with 2544 viewsenfieldargh

The guy doesnt seem to really want to show how good he can be. Over cautious to quick to pass backwards and is in decisive in attack. Often passes are poorly executed which I feel exposes his mental fragility.

He really needs to gamble a bit however he is probably under instruction not to give the ball away so is caught in 2 minds as to what to do = indecision.

Cant have helped seeing a legion of midfielders brought in for money knocking him down the pecking order. BUT he has had opportunity to prove himself...except he hasn't

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dixon-Bonner on 08:53 - Sep 20 with 1534 viewsqprninja

Touch of the Dozzells about him in my opinion. Never really affects a game.
Dixon-Bonner on 09:28 - Sep 20 with 1384 viewsPhilmyRs

I’ve been disappointed with him. He did well under Marti when he arrived which made Ainsworth’s decision to rarely use him quite baffling. Also thought he was a bit unlucky no to play more when the new signings (Hayden) and others joined, which his performance against Coventry at the end of season showed. BUT since then, pre-season and the opportunities he’s had this season mainly in the cup, he’s really struggled. Playing poor passes, not showing any appetite to win the ball, and struggling to have any influence on the game. A big disappointment because I think he’s a good player potentially, but right now, he’s right down the pecking order for me.
Dixon-Bonner on 10:15 - Sep 20 with 1180 viewsPdog

This for me is a perfect case for a loan out, the lad is almost 24 and only played 25 senior games (according to wiki), majority of which have either been from the bench or in sporadic starts here and there. Those 'hot/cold' glimpses are exactly what I'd expect from someone with so little first team experience.

He has shown some quality, comes from a great pedigree but now needs a consistent run of games to loosen the shackles and get in the groove.

Approaching prime age, show us what you got EDB.
Dixon-Bonner on 10:22 - Sep 20 with 1138 viewsozexile

If you're 24 and at a championship club and you're loaned to a league 2 club. That's the highest you'll ever play. No loan is gonna develop a 24 year-old IMO.
Dixon-Bonner on 10:43 - Sep 20 with 1056 viewsE17hoop

Dixon-Bonner on 18:10 - Sep 19 by StreathamRanger

Maybe because he kept passing it to Palace players. I've not seen anything in the last couple of games he's played to suggest he has a future at Loftus Road beyond this season. Not particularly quick, not particularly strong and not particularly good on the ball. I suspect his level is one or two leagues below the championship.

Checked his stats:
30/38 passes successful. As a comparison, Madsen only attempted 25 passes and hit 20 of them and Varane 32/37 although he was on for the whole game.

EDB managed 45 touches in the game and 2 tackles.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Dixon-Bonner on 10:45 - Sep 20 with 1052 viewsbaz_qpr

He looks heavier and slower to me this season and by that I dont mean fat. But agree with others he has to kick on now or he never will do
Dixon-Bonner on 10:47 - Sep 20 with 1050 viewsbosh67

The thing about EBD is he does a lot more than you think but because it is done quietly you don't notice. I thunk the concentration thing is a good point that he needs to improve but when I watch him he sometimes reminds me a bit of Holloway. There's nothing eye catching but he breaks up a lot more stuff than people realise. The stats show that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dixon-Bonner on 12:18 - Sep 20 with 868 viewsnumptydumpty

Dixon-Bonner on 10:47 - Sep 20 by bosh67

The thing about EBD is he does a lot more than you think but because it is done quietly you don't notice. I thunk the concentration thing is a good point that he needs to improve but when I watch him he sometimes reminds me a bit of Holloway. There's nothing eye catching but he breaks up a lot more stuff than people realise. The stats show that.

Whether it's a good thing or not, but there is much more competition for places in Dixon Bonner s position and as some have said if he would have been better off being on loan at a lesser league club, as may not likely to progress here a la Kelman who at least seems to be permanently out on loan.

Probably would have benefitted from loans but never got one.

Lack of match practice can't have helped with any kind of development.

I like him as a player but unfortunately he won't have a career with ourselves is my view but deserves a shot elsewhere where he gets more opportunities on a regular basis.
[Post edited 20 Sep 12:21]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dixon-Bonner on 14:39 - Sep 20 with 527 viewsDavieQPR

Should have gone on loan whilst at Liverpool. Just wasted his time there. Stats don't tell you how many forward passes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024