Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Update from Trust 10:35 - Aug 26 with 10082 viewsjudd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/08/supporter-concerns/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Update from Trust on 11:21 - Aug 26 with 4518 viewsTalkingSutty

Thanks for that. Perhaps Tony Pockney would like to put down his knife and fork and leave the comfort of his Director Box before every home fixture this season and come around the stadium and help to difuse the situation?. The first two home games i and others around me in the Pearl Street stand have witnessed three highly charged altercations when season ticket holders have turned up close to kick off and had to request people ( groups ) to go and sit elsewhere. This is clearly going to be a on going problem that can be rectified with doing what we've always done...just put a bloody sticker on for God's sake!. It's a bit rich when the likes of Pockney are wanting fans to hand over their cash to pay for bricks in the wall etc yet he suggests it's a cost saving measure to not put a reserved sticker on a seat. I would suggest that Pockneys involvement with Bottomley and the comments from the subsequent FA enquiry leave him in no position to be deciding what's best for the supporters of this football club. Is this a universal decision arrived at by everybody in the boardroom or is it down to one individual?.It's a spiteful decision and the complete opposite of what we and the Ogden family should expect. If it is down to one person then he doesn't belong in the boardroom and the Trust should take it further.

We have two Chairmen surely they can't have approved this knowing it will hinder the paying customers/ fans? I find it hard to believe that a collective of supposedly intelligent people can impose such a daft decision such as this, it's frightening really. I've had one to one talks with Richard Knight and he's a switched on fella, he's not going to agree to this sort of childish stunt surely? What's happening at the club, nothing has changed in the boardroom that's obvious. His comments regarding the seats/ stickers are petty and do nothing to enhance the fan experience or entice fans to reserve their seats for the season. It's a problem that he is quite happy to pass on to the stewards to deal with and it's another case of very poor decision making from those in the Boardroom. This at a time when it's supposed to be the start of a new era. Its obviously not a problem at the likes of City and United because their stadiums are sold out to season ticket holders, the only spare seats are for corporate. It's pathetic and consistent with how this club has been run over the last few years. It's the type of thing that i hope the Ogden family are taking note of. If they can make things difficult for the fans/ paying customers then they will. The obvious solution to this problem next season is to buy season cards for the Sandy Lane, they are cheaper and you dont have the problem of people sitting in your seat. I hope the Supporters Trust also include Cameron Ogden in any meetings they have with the current board.
[Post edited 26 Aug 11:59]
Update from Trust on 11:53 - Aug 26 with 4405 viewsRodingdale

Update from Trust on 11:21 - Aug 26 by TalkingSutty

Thanks for that. Perhaps Tony Pockney would like to put down his knife and fork and leave the comfort of his Director Box before every home fixture this season and come around the stadium and help to difuse the situation?. The first two home games i and others around me in the Pearl Street stand have witnessed three highly charged altercations when season ticket holders have turned up close to kick off and had to request people ( groups ) to go and sit elsewhere. This is clearly going to be a on going problem that can be rectified with doing what we've always done...just put a bloody sticker on for God's sake!. It's a bit rich when the likes of Pockney are wanting fans to hand over their cash to pay for bricks in the wall etc yet he suggests it's a cost saving measure to not put a reserved sticker on a seat. I would suggest that Pockneys involvement with Bottomley and the comments from the subsequent FA enquiry leave him in no position to be deciding what's best for the supporters of this football club. Is this a universal decision arrived at by everybody in the boardroom or is it down to one individual?.It's a spiteful decision and the complete opposite of what we and the Ogden family should expect. If it is down to one person then he doesn't belong in the boardroom and the Trust should take it further.

We have two Chairmen surely they can't have approved this knowing it will hinder the paying customers/ fans? I find it hard to believe that a collective of supposedly intelligent people can impose such a daft decision such as this, it's frightening really. I've had one to one talks with Richard Knight and he's a switched on fella, he's not going to agree to this sort of childish stunt surely? What's happening at the club, nothing has changed in the boardroom that's obvious. His comments regarding the seats/ stickers are petty and do nothing to enhance the fan experience or entice fans to reserve their seats for the season. It's a problem that he is quite happy to pass on to the stewards to deal with and it's another case of very poor decision making from those in the Boardroom. This at a time when it's supposed to be the start of a new era. Its obviously not a problem at the likes of City and United because their stadiums are sold out to season ticket holders, the only spare seats are for corporate. It's pathetic and consistent with how this club has been run over the last few years. It's the type of thing that i hope the Ogden family are taking note of. If they can make things difficult for the fans/ paying customers then they will. The obvious solution to this problem next season is to buy season cards for the Sandy Lane, they are cheaper and you dont have the problem of people sitting in your seat. I hope the Supporters Trust also include Cameron Ogden in any meetings they have with the current board.

It won’t actually be a ‘new era’ until the deadwood is removed, still autumn is just around the corner…
Update from Trust on 12:02 - Aug 26 with 4366 views49thseason

Jeez, the rot runs deeper than we could imagine.. " single use plastic" ??? How is it single use when its required 23 times a season? What sort of customer service is this?
Update from Trust on 12:06 - Aug 26 with 4344 viewsblackdogblue

That is a ridiculous decision and fair play to the trust for offering to do the decent thing..

People have reserved their seats for many years and having to deal with confrontation is not easy for a lot of them…

Let’s have it right.. the Stewards are useless at the best of times and as I have never had one, do either of the season cards have the seat numbers on them?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Update from Trust on 12:22 - Aug 26 with 4263 viewsTalkingSutty

Update from Trust on 11:53 - Aug 26 by Rodingdale

It won’t actually be a ‘new era’ until the deadwood is removed, still autumn is just around the corner…

You get fed up to the back teeth of it. What exactly are the other members of the Boardroom doing? Nothing has changed in the boardroom, it's a dictatorship and the Directors are too soft to do anything about it. We have a fantastic opportunity to progress the club and unite everybody and look what's happening...it's a crying shame.
Update from Trust on 12:28 - Aug 26 with 4199 viewsEllDale

For God’s sake just print some adhesive labels and give me a list and I’ll go round and apply them one day.
Is this the guy who agreed that ridiculous utilities deal?
Update from Trust on 12:30 - Aug 26 with 4177 viewsShun

The environmental argument doesn’t really wash. ‘Single-use plastic’ implies the stickers would be removed after each game. They’re on for a whole season, so not single-use at all. Furthermore, I imagine the majority of ST holders keep the same seats every year, so the ‘single-use’ stickers could actually be left on for years.
Update from Trust on 12:34 - Aug 26 with 4135 viewsfrenzied

Update from Trust on 12:30 - Aug 26 by Shun

The environmental argument doesn’t really wash. ‘Single-use plastic’ implies the stickers would be removed after each game. They’re on for a whole season, so not single-use at all. Furthermore, I imagine the majority of ST holders keep the same seats every year, so the ‘single-use’ stickers could actually be left on for years.

i had to check the date wasn't April 1st....
Login to get fewer ads

Update from Trust on 12:39 - Aug 26 with 4112 viewsonedalefan

First match, entrance to Pearl Street stand next to the club shop, only 2 of 4 turnstiles open. Queues with problems with scanners not reading Qcodes properly. Second match, using entrance next to the main stand, only 2 of 3 turnstiles open and again problems with scanners. Why, if all entrances are fitted with scanners, are some closed to reduce queueing?
Update from Trust on 12:46 - Aug 26 with 4062 viewsDale_4_Life

The matchday experience can be improved on greatly. After 40 years of supporting Dale i am well versed in where to go / what to do and where to sit. Its not the same for the occasional fan and god help us should we start to get 3000+ home fans every match.

Rochdale football club are not unique in making terrible decisions. Today I popped into ASDA on Mellor Street for a few Items (half a trolley maybe less) what has happened with that store it was an absolute shambles. The connection is management driven by data and not common sense. Get the basics spot on and give customers an easy / fun / common sense experience.

Update from Trust on 12:47 - Aug 26 with 4059 viewsjudd

There is some unintended confusion in the statement. Tony's public response on Facebook related to cost the response from the club re single use plastic was not from Tony.
The club response also alluded to no other sporting venue in the country having reserved stickers on seats and they appeared not to have any issues.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Update from Trust on 12:58 - Aug 26 with 3964 views442Dale

So we are still going down the route of trying to justify any decision that supporters raise concerns about? “Single use plastic”? You have to give them some credit for how far the barrel will be scraped to maintain such an attitude of the club knowing best.

The time and cost of possibly requiring extra stewards if issues continue on a matchday are one thing, but the impact on how supporters feel is clearly something they should be the priority.

It illustrates yet again how changing the culture of the place will forever be the biggest challenge for anyone new who arrives at the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Update from Trust on 13:01 - Aug 26 with 3947 viewsEllDale

So they’ve checked with every single sporting venue in the country?
Yeah right.
It would be a different story if strangers sat in the directors’ box.
And why have a deadline every summer for existing season ticket holders to reserve their seats?
[Post edited 26 Aug 13:04]
Update from Trust on 13:05 - Aug 26 with 3911 viewsD_Alien

Update from Trust on 13:01 - Aug 26 by EllDale

So they’ve checked with every single sporting venue in the country?
Yeah right.
It would be a different story if strangers sat in the directors’ box.
And why have a deadline every summer for existing season ticket holders to reserve their seats?
[Post edited 26 Aug 13:04]

It very much feels like we have strangers sat in the directors box, and i'm not referring to the Ogdens

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Update from Trust on 13:06 - Aug 26 with 3899 views442Dale

Update from Trust on 12:47 - Aug 26 by judd

There is some unintended confusion in the statement. Tony's public response on Facebook related to cost the response from the club re single use plastic was not from Tony.
The club response also alluded to no other sporting venue in the country having reserved stickers on seats and they appeared not to have any issues.

Even if that was the case, we are having issues, there is a possible solution which will help stewards and fans, so why not consider using it?

Update from Trust on 13:08 - Aug 26 with 3876 viewskel

Again, another post you’ve made that is far more eloquent than I can post about the bloke.

He should have been bombed out the moment Bottomley went but somehow still clings onto his role and milks the hospitality. I still kick myself that I fell for his bullshit once and his grinning face all over Facebook with Bottomley at Wembley ‘representing’ the club is a particular bugbear. Thick as thieves them two and nobody will convince me otherwise.
[Post edited 26 Aug 13:09]
Update from Trust on 13:13 - Aug 26 with 3834 viewsTalkingSutty

Update from Trust on 12:02 - Aug 26 by 49thseason

Jeez, the rot runs deeper than we could imagine.. " single use plastic" ??? How is it single use when its required 23 times a season? What sort of customer service is this?

Somebody has actually thought that up to justify their decision, it's absolutely pathetic. What makes it even more unbelievable is that we now have two Chairmen.. one with no business experience and one who is steeped in it. Surely they can't have been briefed on this ludicrous decision? Not just that, the offer from the Trust to pay for the stickers was also declined.
Update from Trust on 13:21 - Aug 26 with 3777 viewsisitme

Update from Trust on 12:47 - Aug 26 by judd

The issue is the lack of communication. Supporters need to be made aware that there are no stickers on the seats and to sit in the seats they have bought. There was no information about this anywhere. I was one of those affected on the first game and thankfully the group did move, but their initial solution was for two groups of season ticket holders to move to the row in front, which were also season ticket holder seats. I would not have felt confident in any of the stewards dealing with it.

It is basics. It's the same on Saturday with the turnstiles. Only two were open for the Pearl Street and it was painfully slow getting in. For whatever reason people cannot/do not want to to get into the ground really early.
Update from Trust on 13:24 - Aug 26 with 3738 viewsbluevein64

I agree with most of what you say Sutty, I'd like to add if I may, many supporters match day experience includes a pre match drinks with friends or lunch with family etc generally enjoying the period leading up to the game, it's very difficult to enjoy ones self whilst " I hope that nobody is sitting (through no fault of their own) in my/our seat/s, will the people in my seat take kindly to me requesting that they find an alternative seat/ will this cause friction, I'll have to find a steward, will he/she be supportive" flitting through and flooding ones mind , as you've stated a sticky plastic reserved sign isn't rocket science (my words not yours ) some season card holder sit in the same seat for many years, it's already been stated that the green argument doesn't really wash, this reeks of lazy commercial management , the Club gladly take supporters season card money then it seems it's every man/women for themselves, surely someone at the Club has considered this as a potential flash point and/or inconvenience for the paying customers , maybe not, if one has a seat in the Directors Box then this is someone else's problem so why should Mr Pockney care !
Update from Trust on 13:25 - Aug 26 with 3720 viewsD_Alien

Update from Trust on 13:13 - Aug 26 by TalkingSutty

Somebody has actually thought that up to justify their decision, it's absolutely pathetic. What makes it even more unbelievable is that we now have two Chairmen.. one with no business experience and one who is steeped in it. Surely they can't have been briefed on this ludicrous decision? Not just that, the offer from the Trust to pay for the stickers was also declined.

It really feels like the Trust are having to cover for own goals being made from within the boardroom

I can fully understand the need for the Trust to have a great relationship with the board (which includes a sitting member, of course) and especially in this 'new era' - but shouldn't that be a two-way street? Why, for instance, didn't anyone involved in the 'stickers on seats' decision consult with the Trust about how this might play out?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Update from Trust on 13:32 - Aug 26 with 3622 views49thseason

Update from Trust on 13:13 - Aug 26 by TalkingSutty

Even aeroplanes have allocated seating and seat numbers......
Update from Trust on 13:34 - Aug 26 with 3601 viewsTalkingSutty

Update from Trust on 13:08 - Aug 26 by kel

Again, another post you’ve made that is far more eloquent than I can post about the bloke.

He should have been bombed out the moment Bottomley went but somehow still clings onto his role and milks the hospitality. I still kick myself that I fell for his bullshit once and his grinning face all over Facebook with Bottomley at Wembley ‘representing’ the club is a particular bugbear. Thick as thieves them two and nobody will convince me otherwise.
[Post edited 26 Aug 13:09]

Yes, the FA themselves made comment about Tony Pockney and many of us witnessed his sickening attempts to help Bottomley cling on to power at the infamous EGM..constantly whispering in his ear and advising him. Everybody in the room witnessed it. He also courted Morton House up at the club along with others on the evening of the Swindon Town home game. Completely in cohorts with Bottomley and Rawlinson and even if he disputes that, he did nothing to raise any concerns regarding their behaviour, as witnessed at the EGM. Had these lot not have been stopped we wouldn't have a club now. I'll credit him for trying to retrieve the situation since and sinking a lot of his own money into the club to buy back the MH shares but history can never be rewritten and he knows that he aid and abetted Bottomley and had his back at the EGM. Is Tony Pockney the man to stand up and break rank if he sees things happening in the boardroom that isn't right, the evidence says that he isn't. All you can do is judge people by how they conduct themselves and you have to earn respect, you can't buy it
Update from Trust on 13:40 - Aug 26 with 3482 views442Dale

Update from Trust on 13:25 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

It really feels like the Trust are having to cover for own goals being made from within the boardroom

I can fully understand the need for the Trust to have a great relationship with the board (which includes a sitting member, of course) and especially in this 'new era' - but shouldn't that be a two-way street? Why, for instance, didn't anyone involved in the 'stickers on seats' decision consult with the Trust about how this might play out?

When decisions like this are made, is the Trust director present or is there a line of communication that ensures they get updates on all subjects that could impact supporters so they can be fed back to the Trust board, and from there to supporters for further input when required?

Update from Trust on 13:42 - Aug 26 with 3450 viewsTalkingSutty

Update from Trust on 13:24 - Aug 26 by bluevein64

I agree with most of what you say Sutty, I'd like to add if I may, many supporters match day experience includes a pre match drinks with friends or lunch with family etc generally enjoying the period leading up to the game, it's very difficult to enjoy ones self whilst " I hope that nobody is sitting (through no fault of their own) in my/our seat/s, will the people in my seat take kindly to me requesting that they find an alternative seat/ will this cause friction, I'll have to find a steward, will he/she be supportive" flitting through and flooding ones mind , as you've stated a sticky plastic reserved sign isn't rocket science (my words not yours ) some season card holder sit in the same seat for many years, it's already been stated that the green argument doesn't really wash, this reeks of lazy commercial management , the Club gladly take supporters season card money then it seems it's every man/women for themselves, surely someone at the Club has considered this as a potential flash point and/or inconvenience for the paying customers , maybe not, if one has a seat in the Directors Box then this is someone else's problem so why should Mr Pockney care !

Yes. We have a lot of children groups who turn up on the day, community groups etc and it's obvious a lot have never been to a game before and neither have their parents. They all tend to come into the Pearl street stand. Some of them want to sit behind the goal so there are instances of five or six people all sitting together when those seats are in fact reserved. They don't know they are reserved seats because those in the Boardroom have deemed that stickers aren't required. When confronted maybe a few minutes before kick off, they then all have to disturb everybody and try to source other seats as the game is starting. It's not their fault, the fault lies with the person who has made this stupid decision. In the meantime those in the Boardroom are sitting in the Directors Box nice and cushty. I was hoping the Ogdens and the new Directors would get a grip in the boardroom and we would see some real engagement with the fans and bridge building, sadly nothing has changed in that respect. It looks like a Dictatorship and it feels like a Dictatorship. We had all of that with Bottomley, it nearly killed the club and the Directors kept schtum and let it happen.
[Post edited 26 Aug 13:55]
Update from Trust on 13:45 - Aug 26 with 3408 views49thseason

Update from Trust on 13:25 - Aug 26 by D_Alien

The bigger issue is about how anyone with an inkling of the problems it might cause could think this decision was a good one...
If you dont look after people who buy season tickets year in year out, who do you look after? This level of customer ignorance is what will eventually kill the club. It seems like we have people who think their job is to the the barest minimum possible and have no real investment in doing the best they possibly can. Its not acceptable and whoever made the statement about "every other club" needs some of the realities of working in a service driven environment pointing out to them in the most robust way possible. We are not "every other club" we have to be better than that 100% of the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024