Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station 10:02 - Jul 25 with 12962 viewswroughtironron

How wonderful that diversity and integration hasn't reached certain parts of the Town
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 10:26 - Jul 25 with 6542 viewssxdale

What is the demonstration about? is it about that video from Manchester Airport or something else.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 10:32 - Jul 25 with 6524 viewswroughtironron

It's about the lads arrested at Manchester Airport for assaulting Police and violent behaviour - which resulted in a couple of them getting a bit back after breaking a woman police officer's nose
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 10:40 - Jul 25 with 6493 viewssxdale

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 10:32 - Jul 25 by wroughtironron

It's about the lads arrested at Manchester Airport for assaulting Police and violent behaviour - which resulted in a couple of them getting a bit back after breaking a woman police officer's nose

I have to say I'm not normally a huge fan of the police but in this instance I have no sympathy for those that got a good kicking. If you going to give it out you have to expect to get it back.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 10:56 - Jul 25 with 6451 viewsDalenet

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 10:40 - Jul 25 by sxdale

I have to say I'm not normally a huge fan of the police but in this instance I have no sympathy for those that got a good kicking. If you going to give it out you have to expect to get it back.

I'll wait for the evidence before I make a judgement. The person involved is from the town and the MP is now involved. Let's see what comes out - these police officers are armed and have body cams. We'll know the truth eventually. But it looked sickening to see somebody motionless on the ground being kicked in the head.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 11:28 - Jul 25 with 6397 viewsTalkingSutty

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 10:56 - Jul 25 by Dalenet

I'll wait for the evidence before I make a judgement. The person involved is from the town and the MP is now involved. Let's see what comes out - these police officers are armed and have body cams. We'll know the truth eventually. But it looked sickening to see somebody motionless on the ground being kicked in the head.

There's obviously more to this story, three officers injured, a female officer with a broken nose. The cop doing the kicking is a disgrace to the uniform and needs sacking. Big boy games, big boy rules and sometimes police officers need to fight fire with fire in certain situations but kicking anybody in the head is a quick way to spending time in prison, never mind losing your job.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 12:33 - Jul 25 with 6227 viewssxdale

Having now actually seen the video, I think I was somewhat premature with my initial reply. The bloke was incapacitated at the time and the force used seems disproportionate. The officer responsible has been suspended and an investigation will take place. Andy Burnham's statement seems sensible unlike those by Richard Tice and Lee Anderson. I won't comment further.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 13:05 - Jul 25 with 6147 viewsD_Alien

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 12:33 - Jul 25 by sxdale

Having now actually seen the video, I think I was somewhat premature with my initial reply. The bloke was incapacitated at the time and the force used seems disproportionate. The officer responsible has been suspended and an investigation will take place. Andy Burnham's statement seems sensible unlike those by Richard Tice and Lee Anderson. I won't comment further.

The actions of one officer has enabled the focus to be taken off the arrest of a suspected criminal who, whilst seeking to resist arrest assaulted several officers resulting in hospitalisation. He should go down for a very long time along with his companions involved

Instead, the entire business now becomes an "us against them" situation, which endangers us all

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 17:30 - Jul 25 with 5787 viewsTrev

Very particular about which injustices they get upset about aren't they? Another in a long list of dark days for the town. Shouting Allahu Akbar and encouraging violence if 'justice' isn't served is going to do very little for the scrap of community cohesion the town has left.
Login to get fewer ads

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 18:44 - Jul 25 with 5686 viewsArthurDaley

According to a doctor he has a cist on his brain They found that quick, If he has a cist what's he doing flying.

A large VAT Dave

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 20:04 - Jul 25 with 5555 viewsjudd

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 18:44 - Jul 25 by ArthurDaley

According to a doctor he has a cist on his brain They found that quick, If he has a cist what's he doing flying.

He may have been there to pick someone up.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 11:03 - Jul 26 with 5140 viewsEllDale

All I’ll say on the matter is that if I was the bloke who got the kicking I’d be changing solicitors pretty quickly.
The guy currently representing him is doing him no favours at all.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 15:54 - Jul 26 with 4874 viewsnordenblue

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 18:44 - Jul 25 by ArthurDaley

I'm not defending anyone in any way whatsoever but a cist wouldn't automatically stop anyone from flying, getting travel insurance is a different argument...

Be interesting to see the response if you tried that trick having landed into Spain,America, Dubai etc and assaulted numerous of their police officers.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 15:56 - Jul 26 with 4883 viewsD_Alien

On a positive note, have to say our new MP Paul Waugh has acquitted himself very well in the media and in parliament on this issue, seeking to calm tempers and liaising with all concerned, including families involved to put their point of view forward, which is to not allow extremists to take over the agenda

Thank goodness it wasn't Galloway dealing with it, we'd have rioting in the town by now

Don't think it'll be long before he comes to the attention of the leadership in terms of greater responsibility

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 16:39 - Jul 26 with 4766 viewsNorthernDale

I may offend some on the left and I apologise in advance, but why is always the people from the same cultural backgrounds who protest and expect special treatment from the police and the political classes. We have seen time and time again, it is becoming a joke.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 17:06 - Jul 26 with 4712 viewsBainesy15

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 16:39 - Jul 26 by NorthernDale

I may offend some on the left and I apologise in advance, but why is always the people from the same cultural backgrounds who protest and expect special treatment from the police and the political classes. We have seen time and time again, it is becoming a joke.

Without opening a can of worms - they don't expect special treatment. I suspect they don't want to be treated differently/worse, which statistics would suggest they are
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 17:50 - Jul 26 with 4638 viewsnordenblue

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 17:06 - Jul 26 by Bainesy15

Without opening a can of worms - they don't expect special treatment. I suspect they don't want to be treated differently/worse, which statistics would suggest they are

Statistics also clearly show that certain sectors of our wonderful community are massively disproportionately involved in crime too... the two generally go hand in hand, usually have more contact with the police if you're more likely to be involved in criminal activity
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 22:03 - Jul 26 with 4424 viewsrobshaker

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 10:40 - Jul 25 by sxdale

'not normally a huge fan of the police'

but you would be if you needed them yeah?

can you imagine what your life would be like with no police??

there should be a register for people who dislike the police and want to forfeit any assistance from them, would you sign??

....thought not.

disgraceful really.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 23:01 - Jul 26 with 4360 viewssxdale

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 22:03 - Jul 26 by robshaker

there should be a register for people who dislike the police and want to forfeit any assistance from them, would you sign??

....thought not.

disgraceful really.

Pipe down child. You know nothing.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 23:42 - Jul 26 with 4305 viewsrobshaker

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 23:01 - Jul 26 by sxdale

Pipe down child. You know nothing.

what an utter disgrace

you need to be ashamed

btw, first world cup i remember watching was 86, i saw the hand of god live.

'child
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 02:18 - Jul 27 with 4249 viewsThreeLions

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 15:56 - Jul 26 by D_Alien

On a positive note, have to say our new MP Paul Waugh has acquitted himself very well in the media and in parliament on this issue, seeking to calm tempers and liaising with all concerned, including families involved to put their point of view forward, which is to not allow extremists to take over the agenda

Thank goodness it wasn't Galloway dealing with it, we'd have rioting in the town by now

Don't think it'll be long before he comes to the attention of the leadership in terms of greater responsibility

Unfortunately Galloway already is pulling strings in this situation as the solicitor for the alleged victims is one of his cronies. A failed MP candidate for Ladywood in Birmingham with a questionable background in law.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2:19]
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 08:56 - Jul 27 with 4119 viewsDalenet

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 22:03 - Jul 26 by robshaker

....thought not.

disgraceful really.

I see that 3 Bury Division policemen have been suspended impending an investigation into racism. Gone are the days of Dixon and Dock Green, or the Peelers in your case.
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 18:53 - Jul 27 with 3763 viewsisitme

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 19:20 - Jul 27 with 3693 viewsrobshaker

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 18:53 - Jul 27 by isitme

thats more like it nice one lad!
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 20:02 - Jul 27 with 3584 viewsnordenblue

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 18:53 - Jul 27 by isitme

You'd have to question why this part of the altercation wasn't present from the start when the officers initially got absolutely slaughtered all over the media....... interesting
Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 21:08 - Jul 27 with 3473 viewstony_roch975

Demonstrations outside Rochdale Police Station on 20:02 - Jul 27 by nordenblue

You'd have to question why this part of the altercation wasn't present from the start when the officers initially got absolutely slaughtered all over the media....... interesting

Not particularly.
This looks like an excerpt from (official?) static CCTV footage whereas the original broadcast footage was from a private mobile phone which may not have captured all the incident. Even this footage doesn't show the start of the contact between the police officers and members of the public.
The question was never whether the officers had or hadn't been attacked but whether, whatever the provocation, their response was proportionate/professional etc

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024