Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodney Signs New Deal 15:10 - Jun 21 with 4590 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/62571/rodney-signs-new-deal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Rodney Signs New Deal on 15:22 - Jun 21 with 4508 viewssamueloneils

With the offer of a 2 year deal this presumably puts to bed any doubts about the illness/fitness doubts from last season.
Rodney Signs New Deal on 15:46 - Jun 21 with 4372 viewsjudd

What fantastic news.

Well done to all concerned.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Rodney Signs New Deal on 16:00 - Jun 21 with 4320 viewsTalkingSutty

Keep him fit and he's a valuable asset at this level. Two year deals are important if we are to build a promotion squad and develop players with the hope of selling them on for a healthy profit. Isn't it great that we can now fully focus on footballing matters and trust the running of the club to those in the Boardroom. New deals for Rodney and Henderson is good work by all involved at the club.
Rodney Signs New Deal on 16:47 - Jun 21 with 4129 viewsjonahwhereru

Great news. I still live in hope that he and Mitchell will form a formidable partnership and bring out the best in each other.
Rodney Signs New Deal on 19:38 - Jun 21 with 3771 viewspnc4eva1

Absolutely over the moon over this new.

If he can be kept fit he is an asset above the National League.

His speed, power and presence in the team are a massive bonus

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Rodney Signs New Deal on 19:58 - Jun 21 with 3688 views49thseason

If he is now really free of whatever his illness was, he will hopefully benefit from a complete pre-season and emerge as the player we have not yet really seen but hoped he could be.
McNulty still has a lot of work to do but this signing signals an intent that I feared we might not see again.. not home and hosed yet by any means but moving in the right direction.....as my late father in law was apt to say, "you can't shit 'bout shite" .... and you cant play good football without good players.
Rodney Signs New Deal on 09:32 - Jun 22 with 3179 viewsisitme

I expected him to sign for a EFL team so this is really good news. With a full preseason behind him he offers a pace and power option up top.

Get in a goalkeeper, left back, two centre backs, a midfielder and another wide player and that's a decent core.
Rodney Signs New Deal on 10:09 - Jun 22 with 3105 viewsNorthernDale

Rodney Signs New Deal on 09:32 - Jun 22 by isitme

I expected him to sign for a EFL team so this is really good news. With a full preseason behind him he offers a pace and power option up top.

Get in a goalkeeper, left back, two centre backs, a midfielder and another wide player and that's a decent core.

If John and keohane sign new contracts, then that covers the left back and potentially the midfield, especially when we gave the youth players Bailey, Dunlop & Main contracts, then we have young Corey Edwards who played most of the final game at Southend. I accept that he prefer a more experience player due to the increase number on the bench this season.

We do need to sign a goalkeeper, two CD's and another striker, I would love Hayes to come back on loan (but I feel that is unlikely).

At present we have on the right wing, we have Adebayo and McBride on the left, and Allarakhia (who as effectively replaced Clayton) in midfield. So there is an argument for another wide player, remember Keohane played a lot on the right wing last season, but could be used in a more central role (if he signs). So if we signed another winger, I would prefer like all Dale fans, it to be somebody in the mould of Hayes on the right and because we have cover on the left in Ughegbulam.
Login to get fewer ads

Rodney Signs New Deal on 10:31 - Jun 22 with 3058 viewsDale_4_Life

JK would be a very good addition.

John can go for me... lets get some new blood in to freshen it up.

A fully fit Devente Rodney could be a beast at this level.. His muscle, power and pace a huge assett for us.... Mitchell to play alongside could develop into a lethal partnership.

Very happy with this news.
Rodney Signs New Deal on 09:31 - Jun 24 with 2225 viewsdawlishdale

Pleased with this news. Provided we can keep him fit and well, he should be a huge asset in the National League.
Rodney Signs New Deal on 12:09 - Jun 24 with 2024 viewsSaxonDale

Very pleased with this- I think a fully-fit Rodney is as close to a 25 goal striker as we'd be able to sign. Ironically, I thought one of his best games was when he played upfront on his own after Mitchell had been sent off, but I get the impression from a few of McNulty's comments that Rodney would rather play in a front 2.
Rodney Signs New Deal on 19:50 - Jun 24 with 1560 viewsJames1980

Rodney Signs New Deal on 12:09 - Jun 24 by SaxonDale

Very pleased with this- I think a fully-fit Rodney is as close to a 25 goal striker as we'd be able to sign. Ironically, I thought one of his best games was when he played upfront on his own after Mitchell had been sent off, but I get the impression from a few of McNulty's comments that Rodney would rather play in a front 2.

How do you think we would line up if we had a front 2? I think the old school 4 4 2 is out of favour these days

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Rodney Signs New Deal on 19:59 - Jun 24 with 1533 views442Dale

Rodney Signs New Deal on 19:50 - Jun 24 by James1980

How do you think we would line up if we had a front 2? I think the old school 4 4 2 is out of favour these days

We were playing it quite a bit at the end of last season when Rodney returned and it didn’t work that well. It can be an option during a game, but if we aren’t playing direct football - get it wide, get crosses in - then we need someone to link midfield and attack. We were at our best when Ryan East played that role.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rodney Signs New Deal on 20:34 - Jun 24 with 1456 viewsJames1980

Rodney Signs New Deal on 19:59 - Jun 24 by 442Dale

We were playing it quite a bit at the end of last season when Rodney returned and it didn’t work that well. It can be an option during a game, but if we aren’t playing direct football - get it wide, get crosses in - then we need someone to link midfield and attack. We were at our best when Ryan East played that role.

As long as the wingbacks didn't get hemmed in so much it ends up being 5 3 2 for the majority of the game maybe 3 5 2 would play to Devante's strengths or a 4 1 3 2

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Rodney Signs New Deal on 06:53 - Jun 25 with 1223 viewsDale_4_Life

Rodney Signs New Deal on 20:34 - Jun 24 by James1980

As long as the wingbacks didn't get hemmed in so much it ends up being 5 3 2 for the majority of the game maybe 3 5 2 would play to Devante's strengths or a 4 1 3 2

Agree it needs to be a 2 up top..

If we can keep Mitchell and Rodney up top together, high up the pitch playing forwards it should be an exciting season.

The supply will come i am encouraged with the recent new signings and look forward to seeing who else is joining in the coming weeks.

Connor McBride, Tobi Adebayo Rowling, Tarryn Allarakhia and of course Hendo should be causing a lot of problems for National League defenses next season.
[Post edited 25 Jun 6:55]
Rodney Signs New Deal on 12:32 - Jun 25 with 928 viewsNorthernDale

I still think we need another striker to share the goal scoring burden and to cover for injuries.
Rodney Signs New Deal on 13:25 - Jun 25 with 820 viewsEdindale

Rodney Signs New Deal on 10:31 - Jun 22 by Dale_4_Life

JK would be a very good addition.

John can go for me... lets get some new blood in to freshen it up.

A fully fit Devente Rodney could be a beast at this level.. His muscle, power and pace a huge assett for us.... Mitchell to play alongside could develop into a lethal partnership.

Very happy with this news.

What is JK waiting for?
Rodney Signs New Deal on 14:04 - Jun 25 with 739 viewsD_Alien

Rodney Signs New Deal on 13:25 - Jun 25 by Edindale

What is JK waiting for?

He's 33 now and Dale might be looking to reduce the terms he was on previously from when we were in L1

He's been a good servant and if he can end his career with a higher salary it'd only be fair for him to try. Really hope we can keep him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rodney Signs New Deal on 14:22 - Jun 25 with 708 viewsEllDale

You never know what factors he might have to take into account.
He might be thinking about returning to Ireland at this stage of his career for example.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024