Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough 14:55 - Mar 19 with 15375 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54576/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:03 - Mar 20 with 2228 viewsfunkkk

Not going to criticise that second half performance as they gave everything. So unlucky and so upsetting.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:04 - Mar 20 with 2227 viewsdawlishdale

Surely it was Done's ball to clear into row Z rather than try to usher it out, and fail?

Anyhow... a really fascinating second half in which we were on top for long periods without really looking too threatening...if that makes sense. Thought our penalty was a bit soft, and also thought our second and third goals were poor defending.

Annoyingly, I almost knew they would get a chance after we went ahead...we just can't see out games without doing something silly.

The fact that we went from 19th to 24th shows just how close it is down at the foot of the table, so we do still have it all to play for.

Hope Humphreys is ok, but he could be out for a couple of weeks now.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:05 - Mar 20 with 2193 views442Dale

Hope our last two goals show the value of getting the ball in the box. We just didn’t do it enough until late on.
Think it’s crucial that McLaughlin needs to be fit.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:06 - Mar 20 with 2146 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:04 - Mar 20 by dawlishdale

Surely it was Done's ball to clear into row Z rather than try to usher it out, and fail?

Anyhow... a really fascinating second half in which we were on top for long periods without really looking too threatening...if that makes sense. Thought our penalty was a bit soft, and also thought our second and third goals were poor defending.

Annoyingly, I almost knew they would get a chance after we went ahead...we just can't see out games without doing something silly.

The fact that we went from 19th to 24th shows just how close it is down at the foot of the table, so we do still have it all to play for.

Yep, if we’re going to point fingers I’m more annoyed that Done didn’t deal with that situation better. The Morley foul was unfortunate albeit infuriating!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:08 - Mar 20 with 2103 viewsKnowlesy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:05 - Mar 20 by 442Dale

Hope our last two goals show the value of getting the ball in the box. We just didn’t do it enough until late on.
Think it’s crucial that McLaughlin needs to be fit.

** edit, didn't mean to quote 442's post

This is all I ever wanted. I commented weeks ago that whilst I accept that we were amongst the favourites to go down, the prospect of going down with a whimper is what really annoyed me.

The way we played in that second half was exactly what we've needed and if we can keep up that sort of spirit and attacking intent for the remainder of the season, whether we go down or not, I'll feel a lot more positive. We were great second half, it's a shame to see some on Twitter still giving Morley stick despite his key involvement in our third. Let's focus on the positives tonight as we've had so few recently.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 17:09]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:10 - Mar 20 with 2040 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Gutted.....after going ahead.

At least we won't be last match on Quest tonight after that showing?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:12 - Mar 20 with 2006 viewsfunkkk

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:08 - Mar 20 by Knowlesy

This is all I ever wanted. I commented weeks ago that whilst I accept that we were amongst the favourites to go down, the prospect of going down with a whimper is what really annoyed me.

The way we played in that second half was exactly what we've needed and if we can keep up that sort of spirit and attacking intent for the remainder of the season, whether we go down or not, I'll feel a lot more positive. We were great second half, it's a shame to see some on Twitter still giving Morley stick despite his key involvement in our third. Let's focus on the positives tonight as we've had so few recently.

Morley has become a scapegoat unfortunately. Comments like clumsy idiot don’t help anyone (and I’m sure there’s been far worse elsewhere). I’ve seen much better players than Morley give away fouls like that.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:16 - Mar 20 with 1923 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 16:57 - Mar 20 by daledaft

Are you actually a Dale fan ?

I don't believe so.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:17 - Mar 20 with 1916 viewsD_Alien

I know we've said this a few times this season, but... next two games against rivals are massive six-pointers

We look at least to be gaining some momentum and spirit which is vital, but losing Humphrys (again) a blow

Was trying to keep an eye on the cricket as well as iFollow but then Dale just took over and looks like we're back to being "the entertainers" again

As well as Done, thought Osho had a very good game, probably my MoM

Edit: just realised, Tuesday's game at Wimbledon postponed

[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 17:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:22 - Mar 20 with 1863 viewsJames1980

Gutted not to have got all 3 points but as others have said would've taken a point and definitely 4 points from the last 2 games. Really does look like whether we stay up or go down we will do it fighting. Such a shame about Humphrys hopefully it is only a minor twinge and he is back next Saturday. However if he is out for a couple of weeks maybe the enforced rest could (please note could) work in our favour, for the fixtures against those around us.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:25 - Mar 20 with 1820 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 16:58 - Mar 20 by inthenet

When will we learn .... 2points lost ,season over that was so needed !

Season over? We’re two points from safety and we’ve just got four points off two of the best sides in the league!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:26 - Mar 20 with 1823 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 16:58 - Mar 20 by 442Dale

He wasn’t even aware he was there, it was almost a penalty waiting to happen.

I have rewatched the foul, and to me he didn’t seem aware , but should have realised the possibility that there would be an opponent going for the ball in the match situation. Calling him a clumsy idiot was wrong, for which I apologise, just fed up at the time.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:27 - Mar 20 with 1801 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:08 - Mar 20 by Knowlesy

Nail on head!
All I ask is that we compete. We did against a very decent side. I bet the fans of the others at the bottom lost their lunch when we went 3-2. My thought was we can’t lose now, and we didn’t. BBM needs to get their heads up in the dressing room now.
Pride being restored.
UTD
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:31 - Mar 20 with 1752 viewsShun

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:10 - Mar 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Eh? We’ll be on second. Quest show games in descending order based on league position, as they always have done.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:31 - Mar 20 with 1760 viewsdale1968

Despite the late heartbreak 4 pts against 2 teams chasing an Auto Spot is a good return and hope the international break allows us to kick on again.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:36 - Mar 20 with 1707 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:04 - Mar 20 by dawlishdale

Think what did slightly irritate was how we immediately dropped so deep after taking the lead. I get it, but all of a sudden the play was in our last third where it hadn’t been for ages. Get it out, then get out. Needed a Firgrove mentality.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:36 - Mar 20 with 1700 viewsNorthernDale

I must admit, with the strike force Peterborough have, I thought we would get stuffed today, so although we got a point (which most of us would have taken before kick off), I feel like we lost, with the 93rd min pen for them. Which says a lot in terms of today's performance.

I would keep them formation, it seems to be working at the moment.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:38 - Mar 20 with 1677 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:22 - Mar 20 by James1980

Gutted not to have got all 3 points but as others have said would've taken a point and definitely 4 points from the last 2 games. Really does look like whether we stay up or go down we will do it fighting. Such a shame about Humphrys hopefully it is only a minor twinge and he is back next Saturday. However if he is out for a couple of weeks maybe the enforced rest could (please note could) work in our favour, for the fixtures against those around us.

No game next Saturday, so he has a couple of weeks to get back.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:40 - Mar 20 with 1633 viewsIOMDale

Firstly, what a fantastic game of football that was.

Even at 2-0 down going in at HT, I felt we hadn’t played that badly. Yes, we’d struggled to create genuine opportunities but that was down to us insisting that we play it down Beevers’ and Thompson’s throats.

Second half, we moved the ball a lot quicker and got forward in numbers (granted, we had to) meaning more second balls were won and more overlaps were available out wide. I worried when Humphrys went off injured but we just carried on as before - it certainly helps having Beesley to aim at and as for that header... wow.

Yes, I’m gutted with the late penalty and it inevitably feels a bit disappointing but most of us would have accepted a point beforehand and especially at HT. I’ve seen more than enough over the last two games to suggest that there’s plenty of hope yet and with Lund, Ryan and McLaughlin all to return, the additional options will only make us stronger again.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:48 - Mar 20 with 1546 viewsMancDale

Only disappointment for me is that's its taken us so long to change formation and mentality. If we'd made this change at the start of the year we could easily be 10 points better off by now.

On the positive side I'm more confident now that if we do go down we'll at least be competitive and worth watching.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:50 - Mar 20 with 1537 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:38 - Mar 20 by richfoad32

No game next Saturday, so he has a couple of weeks to get back.

Of course was still a bit dazed after those last 10 minutes or so

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:51 - Mar 20 with 1533 viewsNafelad

Some disappointment in only drawing in the end but nothing like the disappointment after most games this season.

Topcat

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:52 - Mar 20 with 1513 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:40 - Mar 20 by IOMDale

Firstly, what a fantastic game of football that was.

Even at 2-0 down going in at HT, I felt we hadn’t played that badly. Yes, we’d struggled to create genuine opportunities but that was down to us insisting that we play it down Beevers’ and Thompson’s throats.

Second half, we moved the ball a lot quicker and got forward in numbers (granted, we had to) meaning more second balls were won and more overlaps were available out wide. I worried when Humphrys went off injured but we just carried on as before - it certainly helps having Beesley to aim at and as for that header... wow.

Yes, I’m gutted with the late penalty and it inevitably feels a bit disappointing but most of us would have accepted a point beforehand and especially at HT. I’ve seen more than enough over the last two games to suggest that there’s plenty of hope yet and with Lund, Ryan and McLaughlin all to return, the additional options will only make us stronger again.

2.45 UK time massive monsoon knocks out my WiFi and mobile phone network. WiFi still down but phone came back 5 mins ago. Great to read these reports, but for all the games that losing i- follow wouldn't have been a bad thing this seems like a bad one to miss. Obviously can't comment on the game but 4 points from Lincoln & Peterborough is a real potential lifeline. Not out of the woods by any means & we desperately need a home win or 2, but plenty of life left with 10 games to go. Hopefully all injuries clear up before the next game

My MOM was ......
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:54 - Mar 20 with 1506 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 16:58 - Mar 20 by inthenet

When will we learn .... 2points lost ,season over that was so needed !

How is it season over?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:56 - Mar 20 with 1497 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:10 - Mar 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

We wouldn't be anyway, as Posh were second in the table at kick-off and they tend to focus on the games that way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024