Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking if true 23:40 - Mar 1 with 27430 viewsloftboy

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-players-lift-lid-five-1738275

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shocking if true on 10:22 - Mar 2 with 1575 viewsted_hendrix

Shocking if true on 10:17 - Mar 2 by N12Hoop

Isn't that basically saying "it's all true?"

I still don't want to believe this.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Shocking if true on 10:29 - Mar 2 with 1558 viewsTGRRRSSS

Shocking if true on 10:17 - Mar 2 by N12Hoop

Isn't that basically saying "it's all true?"

I think so yes.
Shocking if true on 10:48 - Mar 2 with 1522 viewsBarnesRanger

Before everyone completely over-reacts, Martin Lipton is a Chelsea fan!!
Shocking if true on 10:49 - Mar 2 with 1516 viewsCHUBBS

Shocking if true on 10:22 - Mar 2 by ted_hendrix

I still don't want to believe this.

Why?
Will it make you feel a little better knowing they can't be bothered sober rather than drunk.
I just can't see how anyone could make up a story this damaging without some sort of inside information.The team has become poisonous ever since the arrival of TF and all his millions.The players we bought were well overpaid which created an arrogant sick personality in the squad.
I wish TF had never come to Rangers.NW would have continued to deal the way he knew bringing in tough honest pro's who never let you down.
We may have been relegated but at least we could hold our head high without the fear of liquidation.
Right now i can't stand this rotten club.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Shocking if true on 10:58 - Mar 2 with 1499 viewsQPR_John

Shocking if true on 01:00 - Mar 2 by EalingRanger

I'm not getting a season ticket next year, this is a f*cking disgrace

Not saying this is not true but when did you start believing word for word everything you read in the press.
Shocking if true on 11:03 - Mar 2 with 1491 viewspeejaybee

Shocking if true on 10:58 - Mar 2 by QPR_John

Not saying this is not true but when did you start believing word for word everything you read in the press.

If Mr Murdoch says its true,it has got to be true.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Shocking if true on 11:04 - Mar 2 with 1486 viewsted_hendrix

Shocking if true on 10:49 - Mar 2 by CHUBBS

Why?
Will it make you feel a little better knowing they can't be bothered sober rather than drunk.
I just can't see how anyone could make up a story this damaging without some sort of inside information.The team has become poisonous ever since the arrival of TF and all his millions.The players we bought were well overpaid which created an arrogant sick personality in the squad.
I wish TF had never come to Rangers.NW would have continued to deal the way he knew bringing in tough honest pro's who never let you down.
We may have been relegated but at least we could hold our head high without the fear of liquidation.
Right now i can't stand this rotten club.

Why?

How long have you Chubbs?

After every lousy stinking performance our players put in I come back home miserable as sin, two day's later I get over it and a few days later I'm back again watching the same shit in the stupidly vain belief and hope that we'll turn it round.

I cant bring myself round to hate the club but at the moment as I get me coat, check that I've got me ticket and head towards the A34 I'll sort of hope that we get our second away win of the season.

I don't want to believe last nights storey, I'm just an everyday average QPR fan possibly overloaded in sentiment and ignorance about my club.

Have a good day Chubbs, I'm off to sit in the traffic.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Shocking if true on 11:10 - Mar 2 with 1460 viewsCHUBBS

Shocking if true on 11:04 - Mar 2 by ted_hendrix

Why?

After every lousy stinking performance our players put in I come back home miserable as sin, two day's later I get over it and a few days later I'm back again watching the same shit in the stupidly vain belief and hope that we'll turn it round.

I cant bring myself round to hate the club but at the moment as I get me coat, check that I've got me ticket and head towards the A34 I'll sort of hope that we get our second away win of the season.

I don't want to believe last nights storey, I'm just an everyday average QPR fan possibly overloaded in sentiment and ignorance about my club.

Its not the losing that bothers me Ted but the way we do it which has become extremely embarrassing.
How long do you continue to support something that is a lie?
I hope we somehow stay up but just can't see that non team having the honesty to even attempt it.
Enjoy your day mate.
Login to get fewer ads

Shocking if true on 11:21 - Mar 2 with 1431 viewskensalriser

'NW would have continued to bring in tough honest pros that won't let you down.'

Barton would be an exception presumably.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Shocking if true on 11:23 - Mar 2 with 1427 viewsNov77

Shocking if true on 11:21 - Mar 2 by kensalriser

'NW would have continued to bring in tough honest pros that won't let you down.'

And Ferdinand, and Swp, and bothroyd etc.....

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Shocking if true on 11:33 - Mar 2 with 1398 viewsJamie

Shocking if true on 11:21 - Mar 2 by kensalriser

Warnock had plenty to say on the Barton signing in his column.

Depends if you believe he was a NW signing or not.
Shocking if true on 11:51 - Mar 2 with 1354 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Shocking if true on 11:04 - Mar 2 by ted_hendrix

Why?

Excellent post Ted.

The article in the paper, what is being described may not be a million miles from what the club had intended when they went there. It was a training and bonding trip, they trained and they bonded. This article could be based on the comments of someone who got so lathered on the juice in the sun that they came a cropper (maybe the lads played a cruel prank, the manager took exception to something etc), and now theyre crying to the press trying to fully derail an already rocking train.

Not to say I would condone going out on the lash, I would far rather that this really was an intense training session and fûck the bonding. When they're physically whacked from the training sit them in a class room to watch and learn tactics etc.

It has always irked me that professional football players don't really work that hard day to day, although some put the hours in clearly - not necessarily any of ours! The worst thing in that article for me is that a player is breaking ranks like this, trying to cause an upset and not keeping the shït out of the press - there is no way that this article is helpful!

And for that reason I don't want to think it was any regular starter, maybe more a work shy arsehole who won't sit on the bench for £70k or whatever he's paid.

Surely we are not so good at the mind games to have planted this in the press.
Shocking if true on 12:00 - Mar 2 with 1330 viewsNov77

Shocking if true on 11:51 - Mar 2 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Excellent post Ted.

The article in the paper, what is being described may not be a million miles from what the club had intended when they went there. It was a training and bonding trip, they trained and they bonded. This article could be based on the comments of someone who got so lathered on the juice in the sun that they came a cropper (maybe the lads played a cruel prank, the manager took exception to something etc), and now theyre crying to the press trying to fully derail an already rocking train.

Not to say I would condone going out on the lash, I would far rather that this really was an intense training session and fûck the bonding. When they're physically whacked from the training sit them in a class room to watch and learn tactics etc.

It has always irked me that professional football players don't really work that hard day to day, although some put the hours in clearly - not necessarily any of ours! The worst thing in that article for me is that a player is breaking ranks like this, trying to cause an upset and not keeping the shït out of the press - there is no way that this article is helpful!

And for that reason I don't want to think it was any regular starter, maybe more a work shy arsehole who won't sit on the bench for £70k or whatever he's paid.

Surely we are not so good at the mind games to have planted this in the press.

The article says that these quotes come from 3 seperate players

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-booze-bender-dubai-players-17382

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Shocking if true on 12:01 - Mar 2 with 1328 viewsBrightonhoop

Not sure I remotely believe. Way too many reports from supporters, some on here, on how we were doing in training, photos with Harry appearing everywhere. If players had been missing, or too hungover to train, it would not have taken the Mirror to report it.
Someones making mischief and should get on with the task at hand rather than grassing anything to the poxy papers.
Shocking if true on 12:04 - Mar 2 with 1318 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Shocking if true on 12:00 - Mar 2 by Nov77

The article says that these quotes come from 3 seperate players

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-booze-bender-dubai-players-17382

You can't name three who have been shït and might not be flavour of the month among the rest? Semantics my friend, either way I mean what I wrote above.
Shocking if true on 12:05 - Mar 2 with 1315 viewsNov77

Shocking if true on 12:01 - Mar 2 by Brightonhoop

Not sure I remotely believe. Way too many reports from supporters, some on here, on how we were doing in training, photos with Harry appearing everywhere. If players had been missing, or too hungover to train, it would not have taken the Mirror to report it.
Someones making mischief and should get on with the task at hand rather than grassing anything to the poxy papers.

The club should come out and deny it then, "no comment" just isn't good enough.

Shocking if true on 12:09 - Mar 2 with 1296 viewsisawqpratwcity

Shocking if true on 12:05 - Mar 2 by Nov77

No, "no comment" allows them to not enter into a media beat-up, or, if there is something to this, to sort it out behind closed doors.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Shocking if true on 12:12 - Mar 2 with 1287 viewsBrightonhoop

Shocking if true on 12:05 - Mar 2 by Nov77

Don't agree with that at all. If some half baked unquoted story emerges on the eve of an important game and the focus goes off the game supporters, rightly, would be the first to condemn reacting to the story at all.
A) it's the Mirror ffs and B) we're in a relegation dog fight which is not looking good currently.
Whoever these quotes have come from need to take a look at themselves and the table and stop shyte stirring. There's a job to be done.
Shocking if true on 12:36 - Mar 2 with 1232 viewsLewes_r

Interesting and insightful take on things on football focus. Shearer and lawrencen unsurprised. Its team bonding in a hot country. Hardly a recipe for knuckling down is it? Bonding over beers and letting off steam?

Dont look good when you are bottom but what was Dubai trip for btw?

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Shocking if true on 12:53 - Mar 2 with 1187 viewsmygeneration

Team bonding includes the manager. If he stayed at a different hotel and as Torben states was no where to be seen then that is as far as I am concerned is enuff for me to consider this trip aboard a disgrace.

Players finish training in the morning and then left to their own devices for the rest of the day? Even if they stayed on orange juice and sat in their rooms watching sky news it is a joke
Shocking if true on 13:07 - Mar 2 with 1159 viewsDubaiR

It's all crap. Training started at 09:30 every day and went till 12. We invited the players to the QPR bar but they were only allowed one night out. The team out every night was west ham all over the bars. One of our players did get very drunk on the night out and he didn't feature against united so that could be why
Shocking if true on 13:12 - Mar 2 with 1142 viewsTacticalR

Shocking if true on 13:07 - Mar 2 by DubaiR

It's all crap. Training started at 09:30 every day and went till 12. We invited the players to the QPR bar but they were only allowed one night out. The team out every night was west ham all over the bars. One of our players did get very drunk on the night out and he didn't feature against united so that could be why

Thanks DubaiR. The report was probably written by one of Nicola Cortese's minions.

Air hostess clique

Shocking if true on 13:16 - Mar 2 with 1131 viewsmygeneration

For me the issue is the fractions in the club highlighted by Torben's account. If the lads all went to the bar one night then good on them if it made them into a band of brothers.
What I picked up at the man un match was the lack of communication between the players not just body language but they hardly speak to each other. Dubai clearly didn't resolve this issue and therefore as a bonding issue was a failure.

Not helped by there being (and quoting from Torben here not mirror) there being 'no sign of harry'. This lot need a leader

Shocking if true on 13:32 - Mar 2 with 1100 viewsEalingHoop81

In this instance it's very hard to think that there is no smoke without fire. I'd also be very surprised if some of those players not playing regularly didn't get on the lash when out there.

Agree that mostly the foreign players usually appear more restrained and many of them are Muslim so you presume don't drink.

Further, the fractions in the club suggest that massive parties are unlikely because they all hate each other. So it must be a few cliques I'm guessing.

I don't want to point fingers when I have absolutely no facts but assuming there is some truth to the article my guess is that it would be some of the English players not in the side at the moment.

I was a bit surprised by the team selection on Saturday. Perhaps a few of the players I was surprised to see had behaved while others let themselves and more importantly, us down.

I'm just on a train down to Soton to see two of my best mates that I studied law at Uni with before we go to the game in the home end. I have just finished working 65 to 70 hours a week for a month on 5 hours sleep a night. I've been to Malaysia and back for a week of work in that month and been so busy with work and exhausted generally that I didn't even feel the jet lag. Now I'm no hero but I'm pretty p1ssed off that I'm now heading off to spend the only day that I won't be working this weekend, being embarrassed by a group of mercenaries who do less work in a week than I do in a day. That of course is only eclipsed by the fact that they have the audacity to treat the fans like they are doing us a favour in allowing us to pay good money to watch them continue to embarrass our football club week in week out.

My season ticket is becoming ever closer to not being renewed. Which is a massive shame as I don't want these ignorant overpaid scum to ruin our club any more than they have but enough is enough.

(We'll probably win now that I have said all of this)
Shocking if true on 13:35 - Mar 2 with 1093 viewsessextaxiboy

So another self flagellating thread where there is no foundation to it . 98 posts and counting FFS

When will we ever learn . Remy is out for 3 months, Gonna be deducted 15 points , Tonys quitting, Amits quitting, Harrys quitting , we are going to do a Portsmouth .

We have posters who love to start a thread by linking to the latest piece of shite that someone under pressure to write something thinks up.

Just the sort of thing we need before we start a run of games that will decide our fate for sure .

Supporters .... sort of gives you a clue how you should behave when your club needs you .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024