Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SWP record 13:24 - Oct 24 with 5916 viewsfinesse

Games SWP has started vs Premiership opposition in the last 12 months:

played 24, won 2, drawn 4, lost 18.

This is an average of 0.41 points per game, which if achieved for a whole season would give us a total of 15-16 points.

Simply not good enough for Premier League football anymore.
SWP record on 13:32 - Oct 24 with 3242 viewsShotKneesHoop

Add to that goals scored ..0.

Intended assists... 0

Unintended assists (hits against defenders legs, passes 180 degrees out of true, shots that turn into heading opportunities for attacker on either the edge of penalty box or the corner flag... 16.

Row Z shots ...250

Shots that hit opposition dug out ..... 25

Missed the ball altogether........ 1,00,030

Fell over the ball ..... 250.

Yer couldn't make it up. And all this for £70,000 a week. I rest my case, unless anyone else has some extra stats.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

SWP record on 13:33 - Oct 24 with 3239 viewsR_from_afar

All told, 29 Prem starts (and nine appearances from the bench) and a big fat juicy 0 (nought, zero, nada, nitto) goals.

What a sad story that tells. It's just not good enough, although he is by no means the only profligate Rs player.

We need to practise our finishing until the word "clinical" can be used about our team without:

a - People rolling around laughing
b - The word "never" being used immediately before it.

It's not acceptable, we are not going to create 20 chances a game, so the conversion rate needs to improve - drastically. This problem is not just down to Hughes, though, it has haunted us for some time.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

SWP record on 13:57 - Oct 24 with 3212 viewsadhoc_qpr

Surely that record is much the same for most of our players though?

And at the moment we are on course for a total 12 points this season...
SWP record on 14:17 - Oct 24 with 3179 viewsdaveB

he didn't even play last week and yet still getting slated
SWP record on 14:19 - Oct 24 with 3167 viewshoopstilidie

SWP record on 14:17 - Oct 24 by daveB

Yup, it's boring and some of our "fans" are nothing short of an embarrassment.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

SWP record on 14:20 - Oct 24 with 3169 viewsbosh67

He had a perfectly good goal ruled out against WBA. He was, to be fair, aiming for the corner flag.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

SWP record on 14:44 - Oct 24 with 3138 viewssmegma

I thought he was MOTM.
SWP record on 14:53 - Oct 24 with 3122 viewsTacticalR

SWP record on 14:19 - Oct 24 by hoopstilidie

A lot of threads are being started by posters who have just joined the site, and have, to put it diplomatically, a very similar style.

(Not that I want to defend SWP).

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

SWP record on 16:31 - Oct 24 with 3069 viewsklr

Not trying to big myself up, but I was warning against signing this "Football Player" ( trade descriptions act ) when the rumours started that we were interested.

QPR's worst signing ever by some distance, for those trying to offer up alternatives of Pacquette, Iorfa, Malcolm & the rest of them, the £70'000 a week puts this debate well & truly to bed.

I actually feel that strongly about it that I am in the early stages of writing an extensive dissertation broadly about the failings of English Football when someone with No / 0% / technical ability like Shaun Wright-Phillips can actually "make it" and end up with 30 England caps, it simply would not, could not happen in any other sport or any other so called "developed" footballing culture, his whole career has been a complete blag, a mirage in the desert.

And now he's playing for us, on £70 grand a week, isnt life great ?
SWP record on 16:42 - Oct 24 with 3050 viewsTacticalR

But I heard Sean Wright Philips is on £70,000 a week! That's more than a wum gets!

Air hostess clique

SWP record on 16:46 - Oct 24 with 3034 viewsklr

SWP record on 16:42 - Oct 24 by TacticalR

But I heard Sean Wright Philips is on £70,000 a week! That's more than a wum gets!

The truth is I'm better at my sport than SWP is at his, I do it for the love of it & I'm not far off International Standard, not a wum either.

Just admit he's sh!t & should be hounded out of the club, you will have to give up the ghost sooner or later, you do realise that dont you ?
SWP record on 16:49 - Oct 24 with 3023 viewsShotKneesHoop

SWP record on 14:44 - Oct 24 by smegma

I thought he was MOTM.

He was a lot better last week than when he played at West Brom.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

SWP record on 17:00 - Oct 24 with 3008 viewswestolian

SWP record on 16:46 - Oct 24 by klr

The truth is I'm better at my sport than SWP is at his, I do it for the love of it & I'm not far off International Standard, not a wum either.

Just admit he's sh!t & should be hounded out of the club, you will have to give up the ghost sooner or later, you do realise that dont you ?

I'm glad you didn't big yourself up !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

SWP record on 19:20 - Oct 24 with 2960 viewsRs_Holy

true but we did play a lot better that game
SWP record on 20:36 - Oct 24 with 2916 viewsHollowayRanger

i still say hateley and jones were our worst ever signings

compare what they cost then to buy and in wages to todays money

and for what they achived for us hateley bought to keep us up =fail
jones to lead us back to the premiership=fail

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

SWP record on 20:40 - Oct 24 with 2914 viewsJamie

Threads like this make me want to see SWP start every game just for the reactions.
SWP record on 20:45 - Oct 24 with 2841 viewsDesertBoot

SWP record on 20:40 - Oct 24 by Jamie

Threads like this make me want to see SWP start every game just for the reactions.

Who'd have predicted such a downturn after his blistering debut against Newcastle.

Wish I could be like David Watts

SWP record on 20:46 - Oct 24 with 2904 viewsJamie

SWP record on 20:45 - Oct 24 by DesertBoot

Who'd have predicted such a downturn after his blistering debut against Newcastle.

Bothroyd is gone so someone has to be the target.

That said, Bothroyd was and is utter shit.
SWP record on 20:47 - Oct 24 with 2902 viewssmegma

SWP record on 13:57 - Oct 24 by adhoc_qpr

Surely that record is much the same for most of our players though?

And at the moment we are on course for a total 12 points this season...

Don't confuse him with real stats.
SWP record on 20:49 - Oct 24 with 2895 viewsQPR1882

SWP record on 16:31 - Oct 24 by klr

Not trying to big myself up, but I was warning against signing this "Football Player" ( trade descriptions act ) when the rumours started that we were interested.

QPR's worst signing ever by some distance, for those trying to offer up alternatives of Pacquette, Iorfa, Malcolm & the rest of them, the £70'000 a week puts this debate well & truly to bed.

I actually feel that strongly about it that I am in the early stages of writing an extensive dissertation broadly about the failings of English Football when someone with No / 0% / technical ability like Shaun Wright-Phillips can actually "make it" and end up with 30 England caps, it simply would not, could not happen in any other sport or any other so called "developed" footballing culture, his whole career has been a complete blag, a mirage in the desert.

And now he's playing for us, on £70 grand a week, isnt life great ?

If you are basing SWP being our worst signing ever on finance then surely that would have to then go to Vinny Jones after all SWP is not trying his best to bankrupt the club.
SWP record on 20:55 - Oct 24 with 2885 viewssmegma

Richard Pacquette came through our youth ranks and wasn't bought by the club.
SWP record on 07:37 - Oct 25 with 2815 viewsTearsOfaClown

SWP record on 14:19 - Oct 24 by hoopstilidie

Call me old fashioned (supported Rz for 50 years now) but just because a footballer wears hoops does not exclude him from comment on a pathetic set of stats.

It seems a blinkered way of being a fan - just like "our Joey" = = who? He was a thug when he played for other clubs, but some how we are meant to overlook this and embrace him, adore him,worship him, even after the disgraceful sending off at MC.

As a fan I can't applaud a player who fails to hit a decent cross, shoot straight etc.just because he plays for us.

I will applaud genuine effort and skill because I love football and being entertained. And I admire this skill even when it is from the opposition.

When I saw Trevor Sinclair's goal of the season V Barnsley - The whole of the away end stood and applauded. That is what I call fans . . . of football.
SWP record on 07:51 - Oct 25 with 2805 viewsCHUBBS

SWP record on 07:37 - Oct 25 by TearsOfaClown

Call me old fashioned (supported Rz for 50 years now) but just because a footballer wears hoops does not exclude him from comment on a pathetic set of stats.

It seems a blinkered way of being a fan - just like "our Joey" = = who? He was a thug when he played for other clubs, but some how we are meant to overlook this and embrace him, adore him,worship him, even after the disgraceful sending off at MC.

As a fan I can't applaud a player who fails to hit a decent cross, shoot straight etc.just because he plays for us.

I will applaud genuine effort and skill because I love football and being entertained. And I admire this skill even when it is from the opposition.

When I saw Trevor Sinclair's goal of the season V Barnsley - The whole of the away end stood and applauded. That is what I call fans . . . of football.

Well said,people should be judged on their actions and convictions not a title they posses.
Last season i was told by an Rs fan to respect and support Joey Barton for the fact he was captain of our football team.When i said i couldn't i got called all sorts of names.I wonder how he feels about Barton now after all that's happened,hey brightonhoop.
SWP record on 08:02 - Oct 25 with 2799 viewsShotKneesHoop

SWP record on 07:51 - Oct 25 by CHUBBS

Well said,people should be judged on their actions and convictions not a title they posses.
Last season i was told by an Rs fan to respect and support Joey Barton for the fact he was captain of our football team.When i said i couldn't i got called all sorts of names.I wonder how he feels about Barton now after all that's happened,hey brightonhoop.

Saying that we should support anyone who wears hoops regardless of their ability is the most one eyed attitude I've ever heard of, apart from Americans saying "I know George W*nker Bush is a looney and incompetent but he's our President so I support him right or wrong".

No-one had better accuse me of being a racist -as that's the next step. Like Tears Of A Clown I wanted Barton out because he's a self centred egotistical thug - even though there's a half decent footballer in there. I want SWP out because he is being paid £70,000 for being a totally shyte footballer and gets selected by Hughes for some obscure reason that no-one can fathom.

The "embarrassing fans" that Hoopstillidie mentions are fans like him who would be happy to worship even a dachshund in a hooped shirt. Which is what we have at the moment.

SWP had better not play against Arsenal on Saturday, this was the game last year when he made one of his few genuine "assists" ........ for Arshavin!!

SWP record on 09:13 - Oct 25 with 2759 viewshoopstilidie

SWP record on 08:02 - Oct 25 by ShotKneesHoop

Saying that we should support anyone who wears hoops regardless of their ability is the most one eyed attitude I've ever heard of, apart from Americans saying "I know George W*nker Bush is a looney and incompetent but he's our President so I support him right or wrong".

No-one had better accuse me of being a racist -as that's the next step. Like Tears Of A Clown I wanted Barton out because he's a self centred egotistical thug - even though there's a half decent footballer in there. I want SWP out because he is being paid £70,000 for being a totally shyte footballer and gets selected by Hughes for some obscure reason that no-one can fathom.

The "embarrassing fans" that Hoopstillidie mentions are fans like him who would be happy to worship even a dachshund in a hooped shirt. Which is what we have at the moment.

SWP had better not play against Arsenal on Saturday, this was the game last year when he made one of his few genuine "assists" ........ for Arshavin!!

No the embarrassing fans are the ones that bang on and on and on and on ad infinitum about the same player. That was my point.
We know he's been poor, I questioned us signing him at the time and copped untold grief for it.
I don't hero worship everything in a hooped shirt, I didn't want Barton in it and I never do again.
I never said we should support anybody that wears the hoops regardless either.
You've taken what I've written and read into it what you want to, that speaks more about you than me.
Constantly rubbishing one of your own players is embarrassing, fact, that doesn't mean that the alternative viewpoint is a "one eyed attitude" at all.

As for the "next step" being accusing you of being racist!!! Shut up!

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024