Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TUC - Out of Touch? 14:34 - Sep 11 with 6432 viewsexiled_dictator

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9533863/TUC-Congress-T-shirts-rejoicing

Commemorative T-shirts rejoicing in the moment when Baroness Thatcher dies are being sold at the annual trades union gathering in Brighton.

Yes, she was a three times Prime Minister who made decisions which affected many people in many ways, but attacking an 86 year old with serious health issues seems a bit low to me.
She is still a human being, and this kind of political message is in my opinion poor. Deeply offensive.

(stands back, lights fuse and waits for bang.)

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

TUC - Out of Touch? on 14:43 - Sep 11 with 3146 viewssmegma

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

All lifes ills were caused by politicians of both persuasions, they're all c*nts.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 14:43 - Sep 11 with 3145 viewsCliff

I wouldn't buy a T-shirt, but I'll I'll happily raise a glass in happiness as soon as news of her death reaches my eager ears.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 14:44 - Sep 11 with 3141 viewsTheBlob

MMmmmmmmmmm...TUC Cheese Biscuits.They're always in touch with your inner child.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

TUC - Out of Touch? on 14:47 - Sep 11 with 3128 viewsGloryHunter

Can't say anything for a laugh these days. I'll buy one.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 15:02 - Sep 11 with 3102 viewsrunningman75

These t- shirts were being marketed by the Derbyshire Unemployed Workers Centre. I would not buy these t-shirts but as someone who witnessed Thatcher's destruction of communities including mining ones in places such as Derbyshire then if people want to buy these then fair enough.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 15:13 - Sep 11 with 3087 viewsCliff

Not in this clip, but he also once said that the debate in Scotland was not whether she gets a state funeral or not, but whether we have to wait until the bitch is dead before we bury her.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 15:25 - Sep 11 with 3066 viewskensalriser

How does getting older make you any less of a cnt?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

TUC - Out of Touch? on 15:51 - Sep 11 with 3038 viewssexton

Thatcher was triumphalist about the misery she caused and has never shown the slightest bit of contrition. My missus and I will be opening a bottle of bubbly.
Login to get fewer ads

TUC - Out of Touch? on 16:51 - Sep 11 with 2975 viewsnadera78

TUC - Out of Touch? on 15:02 - Sep 11 by runningman75

These t- shirts were being marketed by the Derbyshire Unemployed Workers Centre. I would not buy these t-shirts but as someone who witnessed Thatcher's destruction of communities including mining ones in places such as Derbyshire then if people want to buy these then fair enough.

Exactly, the TUC did not make or sell these t-shirts.

I always thought I wanted to see her dead but as she's grown older I'm glad she's alive. I hope she lives to a ripe old age, and has a long and painful existence in the process.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 17:01 - Sep 11 with 2952 viewsTacticalR

Margaret Thatcher was a vicious and brutal servant of the capitalist class.

However, she was only able to win so many victories because of the disorientation and impotence of her enemies, chief of which was the official Labour movement.

The TUC proved impotent in the face of her onslaught against the miners (the most important strike since the Second World War), just as it is proving impotent in protecting the workforce against the current recession.

Of course the TUC is out of touch. Radical T-Shirts only serve to highlight its irrelevance. Its role has been reduced to moralising from the sidelines like the Church of England. Does anyone know who the head of the TUC is?

However, it has become apparent that while Thatcher won all her victories, she did not achieve her goals. Despite her ferocious class battles she did not manage either to significantly reduce state expenditure, or to revive British capitalism.

Air hostess clique

TUC - Out of Touch? on 17:02 - Sep 11 with 2949 viewsAunt_Nelly

The 'Hey Ho The Witch is Dead' T-shirt should be a big seller.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19560284
TUC - Out of Touch? on 17:07 - Sep 11 with 2932 viewsAunt_Nelly

Good quote by the bloke selling them:

"It isn't to everybody's taste and I appreciate that. But it's not about wishing anybody dead. It's not saying that. It's saying there will be a reaction when she dies.

"Some people say she was wonderful and they should be giving her a state funeral, but vast swathes will say there should not be."

He added: "In the spirit of Margaret Thatcher, I'm showing some entrepreneurial flair."
TUC - Out of Touch? on 20:45 - Sep 11 with 2840 viewsPlumsteadQPR

It's not a bloody t-shirt I'll be celebrating with I can tell you.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 21:37 - Sep 11 with 2802 viewsTearsOfaClown

What did the TUC ever do for us?
TUC - Out of Touch? on 21:55 - Sep 11 with 2779 viewsBedford_R

TUC - Out of Touch? on 21:37 - Sep 11 by TearsOfaClown

Well, I was unfairly dismissed by a company a few years ago and my union lawyer helped me sue the farkers twice. It cost them a pretty penny to get rid of me and they won't be doing that again in a hurry...

Not exactly TUC but you get my drift...

As to the original point. Thatcher scared me to death in my teens and early working life so I'll be grinning when she has her judgement day....
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

RMH_R Reborn

TUC - Out of Touch? on 22:01 - Sep 11 with 2764 viewsderbyhoop

TUC - Out of Touch? on 21:37 - Sep 11 by TearsOfaClown

We no longer have to work 6 days per week for pittance wages, with no holidays.
Working environments are safer than in 1900.
Legal cover for industrial/employment disputes.

That will do for starters

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

TUC - Out of Touch? on 23:28 - Sep 11 with 2734 viewszicoshoops

She declared war on ordinary working people.
All Coal Fired Power stations have a 'Coal Tip/Dump' attached to them.
This can be anything up to the size of four football pitches.
The depth of the coal was usually between 4-5 feet deep.
The year before the Miners strike, coal was stockpiled on these dumps, on some more than 20 feet deep.
Then the Miners strike began.

I was working on the construction of 4, 5 and 6 Units at Drax Power Station at the time. (largest coal fired station in Europe)
What I saw during the Miners strike will stay with me for the rest of my life.

She tried to get Building Societies to foreclose on Mortgages.......but they wouldn't, because they knew that they would never find other buyers in those areas.

I saw families that were starving.
I don't mean hungry, I mean starving.
I saw men risking their lives scrabbling along the banks of the River Ouse, for a single plank of wood so that they could take it home to burn.
Whole families taking Vegetables from fields in the middle of the night, so they could eat.

Imagine your Wife, Sister, Mother, selling their bodies so that your family could eat.
That was someting that never seemed to be spoken about, yet that's what many ordinary decent women did.

It was only a generation ago, yet when I watched the news at the time, none of the things that I saw were reported.

It matters not to me if she is here or not, it's more important that she has not one ounce of power.
But when she does go................the Devil will be a busy lad that day.

And I'll have a few drinks.

She'll rest in something...........but I doubt it'll be peace.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 02:24 - Sep 12 with 2701 viewsCanadaRanger

Does anyone remember what the mortgage interest rate was just before she was elected?

How about the previous government having to go Cap In Hand to the IMF for money because the UK was broke.

How about the inflation rate, fueled by pay settlements that the country could not afford...

Thatcher was no Saint, but in her first term she was the difficult medicine that an economically and financially distressed country needed. In her second term she made cuts which, in effect, forced me to emigrate if I wanted to work in my chosen field.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 04:15 - Sep 12 with 2687 viewssingapore_dave

TUC - Out of Touch? on 02:24 - Sep 12 by CanadaRanger

Does anyone remember what the mortgage interest rate was just before she was elected?

How about the previous government having to go Cap In Hand to the IMF for money because the UK was broke.

How about the inflation rate, fueled by pay settlements that the country could not afford...

Thatcher was no Saint, but in her first term she was the difficult medicine that an economically and financially distressed country needed. In her second term she made cuts which, in effect, forced me to emigrate if I wanted to work in my chosen field.

Inflation was at 10 % and on a downward curve when Thatcher came to power.

It peaked at 22% during her leadership and only got back down to 10% in her final days.

Just another of many myths about what a great PM she was.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 04:39 - Sep 12 with 2683 viewsSydneyRs

TUC - Out of Touch? on 23:28 - Sep 11 by zicoshoops

She declared war on ordinary working people.
All Coal Fired Power stations have a 'Coal Tip/Dump' attached to them.
This can be anything up to the size of four football pitches.
The depth of the coal was usually between 4-5 feet deep.
The year before the Miners strike, coal was stockpiled on these dumps, on some more than 20 feet deep.
Then the Miners strike began.

I was working on the construction of 4, 5 and 6 Units at Drax Power Station at the time. (largest coal fired station in Europe)
What I saw during the Miners strike will stay with me for the rest of my life.

She tried to get Building Societies to foreclose on Mortgages.......but they wouldn't, because they knew that they would never find other buyers in those areas.

I saw families that were starving.
I don't mean hungry, I mean starving.
I saw men risking their lives scrabbling along the banks of the River Ouse, for a single plank of wood so that they could take it home to burn.
Whole families taking Vegetables from fields in the middle of the night, so they could eat.

Imagine your Wife, Sister, Mother, selling their bodies so that your family could eat.
That was someting that never seemed to be spoken about, yet that's what many ordinary decent women did.

It was only a generation ago, yet when I watched the news at the time, none of the things that I saw were reported.

It matters not to me if she is here or not, it's more important that she has not one ounce of power.
But when she does go................the Devil will be a busy lad that day.

And I'll have a few drinks.

She'll rest in something...........but I doubt it'll be peace.

THIS.

Her death cannot come soon enough.

Put the love of money above all else and we are still feeling the legacy.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 07:21 - Sep 12 with 2659 viewsfinney

I hate thatcher always have and always many myths about her when the same people who love her look at their power bills and rant raise a glass to Maggie and her crew on that one.
what about how she helped out her bellend son from not going to jail when off starting wars around the world.
zico said it from better than me
TUC - Out of Touch? on 07:27 - Sep 12 with 2653 viewsade_qpr

The movie The Iron Lady, yet to watch it but wondering how close to the mark is it?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

TUC - Out of Touch? on 11:55 - Sep 12 with 2581 viewszicoshoops

I'm not surprised that you find it an exaggerated statement, but it's not.
As far as I'm aware, no one starved to death, but then I didn't say they did.
I saw starving people though.

I worked in North Yorkshire for most of the duration of the Miners Strike, I know what I saw with my own eyes.
You've quoted an incidence of violence towards your Dad's mate, and no doubt there were others.
As there were towards Striking miners.

If that doesn't suit your opinion or outlook..........then that's fine.

But I was there, and I know what I witnessed during those times.
TUC - Out of Touch? on 12:11 - Sep 12 with 1320 viewsTacticalR

Clive Anderson, you possess a special gift for not understanding the meaning of events.

Air hostess clique

TUC - Out of Touch? on 12:39 - Sep 12 with 1292 viewsCliff

I've got a feeling that no matter what anyone tells you it'll go straight over your head.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024