Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer! Wow! 20:07 - Sep 18 with 9862 viewsWingstandwood

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-keir-starmer-declares-gifts-and-freebies-totallin

Argus!

Starmer! Wow! on 13:20 - Sep 26 with 765 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 13:14 - Sep 26 by Gwyn737

Perception is just that. It's changable and opinion based.

As for the football and concerts, provinding there's nothing given in return I'd rather they be freebies than massive taxpayer funded security operations.

Comparing to the Tories (atm) is a false equivalence. What has Starmer done that's as bad a Covid fast lane (a la Michelle Mone), or a dubious peerage (Evgeny Alexandrovich)?

Starmer gave dubious peerages to quite a few of his barrister mates from his chambers despite promising to end favours for friends and cronyism as well as bringing back baroness smith as minister for skills despite her previous incarnation being dogged with numerous scandals.

Take the red tinted glasses off and it’s clear these folks are not fit for office, just like the last lot they are taking the piss out of you, me and the entire country.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Starmer! Wow! on 13:35 - Sep 26 with 742 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 13:20 - Sep 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer gave dubious peerages to quite a few of his barrister mates from his chambers despite promising to end favours for friends and cronyism as well as bringing back baroness smith as minister for skills despite her previous incarnation being dogged with numerous scandals.

Take the red tinted glasses off and it’s clear these folks are not fit for office, just like the last lot they are taking the piss out of you, me and the entire country.

It's been 3 months.

I'll make my opinion in a couple of years.

Which of the peerages do you think are unwarrented?
Starmer! Wow! on 13:36 - Sep 26 with 742 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 13:16 - Sep 26 by Scotia

That's exactly the aim of the press who are publishing and sensationalising these things.

Haven't looked at the papers today but I'd like to have the Mail, Express and Telegraph on my bingo card.
Starmer! Wow! on 13:42 - Sep 26 with 739 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 13:20 - Sep 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Talking of peerages,just how has Kevin Sinfield not been offered one .
Not sure anyone deserves one more

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Starmer! Wow! on 15:03 - Sep 26 with 698 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 13:36 - Sep 26 by Gwyn737

Haven't looked at the papers today but I'd like to have the Mail, Express and Telegraph on my bingo card.

The guardian have also been quite scathing.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Starmer! Wow! on 15:42 - Sep 26 with 662 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Starmer! Wow! on 15:03 - Sep 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The guardian have also been quite scathing.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/sep/26/im-picking-up-bad-vibes-voters-

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Starmer! Wow! on 15:52 - Sep 26 with 657 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 15:42 - Sep 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/sep/26/im-picking-up-bad-vibes-voters-

The bingo card is filling up.
Starmer! Wow! on 16:06 - Sep 26 with 636 viewsGwyn737

I agree with practically all that guardian report.

Really well balanced.
Login to get fewer ads

Starmer! Wow! on 17:28 - Sep 26 with 578 viewsWhiterockin

WFP could be reinstated if challenge is successful.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2024/09/winter-fuel-payments-legal-challe
Starmer! Wow! on 17:35 - Sep 26 with 558 viewsAnotherJohn

Starmer! Wow! on 17:28 - Sep 26 by Whiterockin

WFP could be reinstated if challenge is successful.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2024/09/winter-fuel-payments-legal-challe

Interesting. One or two of us in the forum raised the question of whether it was pukka to skip the usual impact assessment, even given that this was secondary legislation.
Starmer! Wow! on 17:55 - Sep 26 with 518 viewsAnotherJohn

The other developing story is the failure to invite Musk to the UK international investment summit. Jeremy Hunt has stated that Musk had told him he was considering the UK as a possible site for a second European EV plant. The question lurking in the background is whether government wokeness is going to cost the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c756d56d2dro
Starmer! Wow! on 17:57 - Sep 26 with 517 viewsScotia

Starmer! Wow! on 17:35 - Sep 26 by AnotherJohn

Interesting. One or two of us in the forum raised the question of whether it was pukka to skip the usual impact assessment, even given that this was secondary legislation.

It could be a useful excuse for a u turn if nothing else.

The lack of an impact assessment is a big concern. This policy has clearly been rushed through.
Starmer! Wow! on 19:17 - Sep 26 with 456 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 17:55 - Sep 26 by AnotherJohn

The other developing story is the failure to invite Musk to the UK international investment summit. Jeremy Hunt has stated that Musk had told him he was considering the UK as a possible site for a second European EV plant. The question lurking in the background is whether government wokeness is going to cost the UK.

It’s a good article.

Could be wokeness, could be political (his twitter stuff has gone nuts), or it could be this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50400068
Starmer! Wow! on 19:31 - Sep 26 with 438 viewsLuther27

Perhaps Elon didn’t offer a free Tesla to our illustrious freebie grabbing PM?…allegedly. Thought I’d better put that in just in case….

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Starmer! Wow! on 19:35 - Sep 26 with 435 viewsAnotherJohn

Starmer! Wow! on 19:17 - Sep 26 by Gwyn737

It’s a good article.

Could be wokeness, could be political (his twitter stuff has gone nuts), or it could be this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50400068

That was 2019. If you had read the recent story you would have seen that it was the second European factory that was being discussed. I even mentioned "second" in my post.
[Post edited 26 Sep 19:36]
Starmer! Wow! on 19:37 - Sep 26 with 427 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 19:31 - Sep 26 by Luther27

Perhaps Elon didn’t offer a free Tesla to our illustrious freebie grabbing PM?…allegedly. Thought I’d better put that in just in case….

Didn’t help in 2019 when Boris was PM, accepting almost a million pounds in freebies so I don’t see why it would work now.
Starmer! Wow! on 19:41 - Sep 26 with 418 viewsScotia

If that was the other way around and Musk was British and the Summit was in the states there's no way he'd have been invited.

The fella is a nutcase. Albeit an incredibly rich one unfortunately.
Starmer! Wow! on 19:47 - Sep 26 with 389 viewsAnotherJohn

I am not a great fan of Musk. The general point I am making is that there is a constant stream of events/stories that explain the results of that focus group mentioned in the "bad vibes" Guardian article. It may have been premature for some to suggest that the adults are now in the room.
[Post edited 26 Sep 19:48]
Starmer! Wow! on 19:56 - Sep 26 with 361 viewsLuther27

Starmer! Wow! on 19:37 - Sep 26 by Gwyn737

Didn’t help in 2019 when Boris was PM, accepting almost a million pounds in freebies so I don’t see why it would work now.

In my humble opinion Gwyn if in the expenses scandal….2012? which involved an awful lot of our politicians who made “errors” in claiming expenses were actually jailed for fraud then I think that would have kept quite a few snouts out of the trough that is endemic to this day…..allegedly.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Starmer! Wow! on 20:01 - Sep 26 with 355 viewsScotia

Starmer! Wow! on 19:56 - Sep 26 by Luther27

In my humble opinion Gwyn if in the expenses scandal….2012? which involved an awful lot of our politicians who made “errors” in claiming expenses were actually jailed for fraud then I think that would have kept quite a few snouts out of the trough that is endemic to this day…..allegedly.

It's nothing new. It shouldn't be allowed full stop. Labour should be ashamed.

But the Tories did worse, wallpaper, BJ holidaying at the Goldsmith's place, accepting donations from racists, Jenrick and his recent donations.

No gifts, no lobbying, no second jobs just pay them what they deserve.

Which probably needs to be more
Starmer! Wow! on 20:01 - Sep 26 with 352 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 19:56 - Sep 26 by Luther27

There’s confusion between donations, freebies and expenses.

Some are more dodgy than others but they are separate things.

I’ve banged this drum a few times, but we should pay them more then ban the other stuff.
Starmer! Wow! on 20:05 - Sep 26 with 341 viewsKeithHaynes

Starmer! Wow! on 20:01 - Sep 26 by Scotia

It's nothing new. It shouldn't be allowed full stop. Labour should be ashamed.

But the Tories did worse, wallpaper, BJ holidaying at the Goldsmith's place, accepting donations from racists, Jenrick and his recent donations.

No gifts, no lobbying, no second jobs just pay them what they deserve.

Which probably needs to be more

Pay them what they deserve ?

😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Starmer! Wow! on 20:08 - Sep 26 with 314 viewsAnotherJohn

Starmer! Wow! on 20:05 - Sep 26 by KeithHaynes

😂

Harsh but fair!
Starmer! Wow! on 20:08 - Sep 26 with 310 viewsWhiterockin

😂

They would starve.
Starmer! Wow! on 20:28 - Sep 26 with 277 viewsScotia

😂

Yep. Including all the guff they get added on for offices etc.

No accommodation expenses, they can stay in a travel lodge if they live far enough away from Westminster. Their staff should be paid as civil servants not from MPs expenses. Similar for travel and all that. It's how the civil service runs, and they are civil servants.

I wouldn't do their job for what they get at the moment.

The PM gets similar to a director level in Swansea council and. An MP similar to someone at management level. It's nuts.

Put it this way. If this was the situation Caroline Harris would not be earning £91k a year. The
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024