Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmer! Wow! 20:07 - Sep 18 with 9861 viewsWingstandwood

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-keir-starmer-declares-gifts-and-freebies-totallin

Argus!

Starmer! Wow! on 17:35 - Sep 25 with 845 viewsWingstandwood

Starmer! Wow! on 17:19 - Sep 25 by onehunglow

We have a modest but comfortable home
Both mine got the 12 GCSEs with Ax
Both studied when they went to their bedrooms
We were a busy household and they had to stay quiet when Zi was on nights ,for example .
This is the single most brazen piece of garbage I’ve seen in ages
His defence… the public weren’t affected
So that’s ok then

Whoever is provided Granny Ange with her clothes is clearly having a bit of fun.
Rarely have we seen such a badly dressed minister
At least Rach has clothes that fit

Well this lot are on par with the Tories when it comes to intelligence insulting excuses, lack of self awareness and hypocrisy. About as brazen as you can get!

I thought the Tories "It was a works event" was scrapping the barell, enter Starmer and his gang who have not offered anything better, and are just a continuation of what has gone before.

Staggering to contemplate that this is all happening so thick and fast into a new goverments tenure.

"New beginning and dawn of a new era"...... NOT!!!!

EDIT: SKY News now describing the government and events as 'continuity Johnson'.
[Post edited 25 Sep 17:39]

Argus!

Starmer! Wow! on 17:57 - Sep 25 with 804 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 17:35 - Sep 25 by Wingstandwood

Well this lot are on par with the Tories when it comes to intelligence insulting excuses, lack of self awareness and hypocrisy. About as brazen as you can get!

I thought the Tories "It was a works event" was scrapping the barell, enter Starmer and his gang who have not offered anything better, and are just a continuation of what has gone before.

Staggering to contemplate that this is all happening so thick and fast into a new goverments tenure.

EDIT: SKY News now describing the government and events as 'continuity Johnson'.

I'm just amazed that anyone actually thought that they would be any different. I have posted my thoughts on all politicians often enough, they are all in it for what they can get, it starts at the bottom and escalates the higher they go. That as they say, is a fact.
Starmer! Wow! on 18:03 - Sep 25 with 781 viewsonehunglow

Both Cooper and Reeves will be one “ hate” figures soon enough

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Starmer! Wow! on 18:30 - Sep 25 with 763 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Starmer! Wow! on 17:57 - Sep 25 by Whiterockin

I'm just amazed that anyone actually thought that they would be any different. I have posted my thoughts on all politicians often enough, they are all in it for what they can get, it starts at the bottom and escalates the higher they go. That as they say, is a fact.

I think we may have replaced the incorrigible with the incompetent.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Starmer! Wow! on 18:57 - Sep 25 with 740 viewsunion_jack

Starmer! Wow! on 15:40 - Sep 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

His position is untenable already.

Government of service my arse.

Oh I do hope so.

Maybe this is one area where wales has led by example!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Starmer! Wow! on 00:58 - Sep 26 with 611 viewsRobbie

Somehow got through my O levels studies in a back bedroom in our family Council House .
A levels were a bridge to far though , not clever enough and time to get a job , easy then .

Starmer moans journalists and press parked on his doorstep , mush it goes with the role .

Simple answer hire some crowd control officials , then they can move them on quoting trespass and public order as a potential issue , he is a lawyer , he will know the rules and have the money to pay for that course of action .

Lord Ali his bestie funded it , Starmer said not the taxpayer , so thats ok then .

Two Tier Kier thinks it is fine to have a quiet place for his son to learn and sod the rest .

Party of the People , what a joke this lot are .
Starmer! Wow! on 05:27 - Sep 26 with 583 viewsScotia

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-13891909/Lord-Alli-largesse-fan-free-

I'm no fan of this current situation but maintain it's not as bad as anything along a similar vain undertaken by the last lot. Two wrongs don't make a right.

This aspect of Lord Alli's involvement is interesting. "Free" press Indeed.
Starmer! Wow! on 07:19 - Sep 26 with 554 viewsGwyn737

Only just read up properly on the GCSE accommodation thing.

What a complete non-story.

There’s plenty of things to be critical of Starmer and the new Labour govenrnment for, this isn’t one enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Starmer! Wow! on 07:59 - Sep 26 with 523 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 07:19 - Sep 26 by Gwyn737

Only just read up properly on the GCSE accommodation thing.

What a complete non-story.

There’s plenty of things to be critical of Starmer and the new Labour govenrnment for, this isn’t one enough.

Certainly isn’t a non story. For a so called “Government of service” to be seen to be lavished with gifts to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds going to concerts, getting free clothes, going away for dirty weekends in luxury apartments whilst they are simultaneously telling the country things are going to be really bad you all need to tighten your belts is a really really bad look. They are all millionaires on massive salaries. They can afford all these things themselves. They are not vital for their role.

Also the elephant in the room is what does Lord Alli want in return? It could easily be construed as a bribe or a way to gain prestigious influence.

It certainly isn’t a non story.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Starmer! Wow! on 08:20 - Sep 26 with 503 viewsScotia

Starmer! Wow! on 07:59 - Sep 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Certainly isn’t a non story. For a so called “Government of service” to be seen to be lavished with gifts to the tune of hundreds of thousands of pounds going to concerts, getting free clothes, going away for dirty weekends in luxury apartments whilst they are simultaneously telling the country things are going to be really bad you all need to tighten your belts is a really really bad look. They are all millionaires on massive salaries. They can afford all these things themselves. They are not vital for their role.

Also the elephant in the room is what does Lord Alli want in return? It could easily be construed as a bribe or a way to gain prestigious influence.

All elected officials should have to abide by the same terms and conditions of employment as the civil service. No gifts should be accepted.

What Lord Alli has donated isn't extraordinary. That doesn't make it right.
Starmer! Wow! on 08:25 - Sep 26 with 498 viewsAnotherJohn

There is a new twist in the Times today about the penthouse flat. It seems that Sir Keir used it for the occasional broadcast, including during COVID. The strange thing is that the video made that day contains family photographs etc in the background that make the flat seem like home. No rules appear to have been broken, though COVID guidance at that time was to remain at home when possible. However, the journalists seem to want to keep digging on this, perhaps sensing a bigger story. The news report today of the 37 prisoners released in error did not help counter the narrative that the new government is making too many "rookie mistakes" (quote from Times Radio).
Starmer! Wow! on 09:07 - Sep 26 with 457 viewsonehunglow

Difference is Tories do not use “ working people,ordinary people,workers,those in poverty” for their own political ends .
Tories are invariably supine or insouciant when it comes to those at the bottom of the fiscal scale and all too often ignore the plight of the majority of folk who work hard and get on with it

Starmer! Wow! on 10:02 - Sep 26 with 416 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 07:59 - Sep 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I'm talking specifically about the flat issue.

What was wrong with it?
Starmer! Wow! on 10:06 - Sep 26 with 414 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 10:02 - Sep 26 by Gwyn737

What was wrong with it?

Possibly staying there over a month after his child had finished their exams.
Starmer! Wow! on 10:20 - Sep 26 with 391 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 10:06 - Sep 26 by Whiterockin

Possibly staying there over a month after his child had finished their exams.

Why is that a problem?

The 20k figure is arbitrary as a cost has to be attached for all gifts.

To me (as things stand) Lord Alli gave use of a room, at no cost to anyone to Starmer and for no benefit.

If that changes and we find that Alli was given a government contract or anything like that, I'll be all over it.

For now, a non-story made for click bait.
Starmer! Wow! on 10:29 - Sep 26 with 376 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 10:20 - Sep 26 by Gwyn737

Why is that a problem?

The 20k figure is arbitrary as a cost has to be attached for all gifts.

To me (as things stand) Lord Alli gave use of a room, at no cost to anyone to Starmer and for no benefit.

If that changes and we find that Alli was given a government contract or anything like that, I'll be all over it.

For now, a non-story made for click bait.

The £450 an a night quoted is far less than a smaller flat in the area goes for, so are the figures accurate.
Starmer! Wow! on 10:44 - Sep 26 with 354 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 10:02 - Sep 26 by Gwyn737

What was wrong with it?

It’s morally very dubious at best, corrupt at worst.

Starmer! Wow! on 11:24 - Sep 26 with 321 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 10:29 - Sep 26 by Whiterockin

The £450 an a night quoted is far less than a smaller flat in the area goes for, so are the figures accurate.

But nobody actually paid is my point.

It's not like Alli is running an air b and b.

It didn't cost any one anything.
Starmer! Wow! on 11:26 - Sep 26 with 317 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 10:44 - Sep 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

There's a moral question too
Who would go on a dirty weekend with working class heroine Ange , her of a tough upbringing
She seems not on the least traumatised by it and is grabbing what she can , when she can
Just like the rest of them

Starmer! Wow! on 11:27 - Sep 26 with 317 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 10:44 - Sep 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Who had been negativly affected?

Who has had an unreasonably benefit?

As I said, there are loads of these things to be critical of but not this one IMO
Starmer! Wow! on 11:35 - Sep 26 with 314 viewsonehunglow

Starmer! Wow! on 11:27 - Sep 26 by Gwyn737

As I said, there are loads of these things to be critical of but not this one IMO

But isn't a case of principles here
Luxuriy is surely not a working class party's template
It shows they all grab what they can if it's free
We are being taken for mugs

Starmer! Wow! on 12:29 - Sep 26 with 273 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Starmer! Wow! on 11:27 - Sep 26 by Gwyn737

The perception that the electorate has for these freeloading ministers has certainly been negatively affected. Especially considering they stood on an election promise to change the behaviour in politics, create a government of service etc.

I would also suggest that free vip hospitality at concerts, football matches and jollies to New York with a boyfriend are unreasonable benefits.

Starmer! Wow! on 12:43 - Sep 26 with 260 viewsWhiterockin

Starmer! Wow! on 12:29 - Sep 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The perception that the electorate has for these freeloading ministers has certainly been negatively affected. Especially considering they stood on an election promise to change the behaviour in politics, create a government of service etc.

I would also suggest that free vip hospitality at concerts, football matches and jollies to New York with a boyfriend are unreasonable benefits.

I wonder if there was an election today, how many who voted Labour last time would vote Labour again, from the comments I hear in every day life not many.
Starmer! Wow! on 13:14 - Sep 26 with 220 viewsGwyn737

Starmer! Wow! on 12:29 - Sep 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Perception is just that. It's changable and opinion based.

As for the football and concerts, provinding there's nothing given in return I'd rather they be freebies than massive taxpayer funded security operations.

Comparing to the Tories (atm) is a false equivalence. What has Starmer done that's as bad a Covid fast lane (a la Michelle Mone), or a dubious peerage (Evgeny Alexandrovich)?
Starmer! Wow! on 13:16 - Sep 26 with 217 viewsScotia

Starmer! Wow! on 12:43 - Sep 26 by Whiterockin

I wonder if there was an election today, how many who voted Labour last time would vote Labour again, from the comments I hear in every day life not many.

That's exactly the aim of the press who are publishing and sensationalising these things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024