Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection 19:21 - Sep 14 with 6879 viewsbluenwhite10

I will keep it really short tonight.

A really piss poor 90 mins of 2 poor teams huffing and puffing with no quality giving us the most missed passes you will ever see in a game of football, but then 2 mins of excitement. I would say even the most optimistic Rangers would have thought there was no coming back from that, but we did and moments like that will build. A hard to beat never say die team which we need to become.

I think most of us knew to stop Wednesday you stop the supply the supply to Bannan , but I count today how many times he picked up the ball with nobody around him.

Poor performances today from Dembele, Anderson and Malden although he improved when he went into the middle.

One player stood up today Jack Colback who was my MOM.

The positives even the most optimistic Ranger would have thought we would have got something out of todays game but we did.

Come on you R’s

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 19:32 - Sep 14 with 6730 viewsloftboy

Who was meant to be marking Bannan? He had no one anywhere near him in the box.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 19:44 - Sep 14 with 6617 viewsmart_Goblin

For me personally Colback summed us up in the first few mins .

Frey played quite a poor pass back to him in which Colback then had to tussle with an opponent. He then stood moaning at Frey about the pass ,not looking or even realising that ball was at his bloody feet . As he moaned, another player took the ball off him much to his bewilderment.
Another tiny window into why I question his mentality at times .
Was by no means the only one though .

Wasn’t my man of the match , far from it but respect different opinions
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 20:10 - Sep 14 with 6303 viewsrichpr

Poor performance but I thought SW pressing was quite good. Always first to the ball. Andersen looked knackered, Madsen didn't look up for the fight. Pleased that Santos had a decent enough game but I think Ashby will be playing next week. Frey got zero service and unfortunately Celar looks like a duck out of water. Just can't work out what he is good at!! Without Nardi, Dunne and Cook we'd have been slaughtered. At least they are showing spirit.
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 20:23 - Sep 14 with 6186 viewsNoelmc

Good performances from all our defence but shout out for Paal as our MOTM. Solid throughout with one great clearance at the back post from a dangerous cross with a SW player ready to tap in, then fantastic delivery on the corner that led to our goal.
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 20:32 - Sep 14 with 6087 viewsvanrrrr

Sat through 90+ mins of pure dross, left in annoyance when Bannon scored ….d’oh!!

We just were not at it today.
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 20:42 - Sep 14 with 5926 viewsenfieldargh

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 20:32 - Sep 14 by vanrrrr

Sat through 90+ mins of pure dross, left in annoyance when Bannon scored ….d’oh!!

We just were not at it today.

But didn’t loose

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 20:55 - Sep 14 with 5799 viewsLblock

Saw it from 18 mins onwards

Santos MoM for me. Busy with some great blocks and stopping crosses coming in
Dunne a close second

Now….. Anderson…. Oh dear. Oh dear dear, dearie me.
I got a few pelters weeks back when I said he’d gone and was a treacle player.
Today he was everything I feared he was becoming and it is quite sad to see. On current evidence I’d be saying thanks for last season and goodbye in January with his place and wages allocated to a player with mobility, energy and presence (if another club will take Jesus of course).

Today showed weaknesses in our squad but also a key positive which is attitude and character

We move on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 21:10 - Sep 14 with 5632 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Probably the worst performance under MC, yet we still didn't lose. I'll take that.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 21:49 - Sep 14 with 5174 viewsEsox_Lucius

She weren't the best looking bird...

The grass is always greener.

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 22:57 - Sep 14 with 4700 viewsbaz_qpr

Did not see the game as driving child 1 to uni but heard bits when the audio feed was working. I love Marti but what on earth was he thinking with Madsen and Anderson as 10s and Dembele wide. Absolutely no shock the performance with the set up. Team can only have 1 of those two and they need pace around them.
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 23:26 - Sep 14 with 4503 viewschriscross

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 22:57 - Sep 14 by baz_qpr

Did not see the game as driving child 1 to uni but heard bits when the audio feed was working. I love Marti but what on earth was he thinking with Madsen and Anderson as 10s and Dembele wide. Absolutely no shock the performance with the set up. Team can only have 1 of those two and they need pace around them.

Just back , can’t remember such a poor game with both teams unable to do the basics , we got away with one today , if Wednesday had of won we couldn’t have complained, Thought we were quite today in the stands as well as were Wednesday, maybe both sets of fans were waiting for a spark to happen on the pitch that didn’t happen till injury time , Mom is going to be a hard pick for Clive , none of our players were on it today , a shame really as Wednesday were there for the taking if we had of turned up
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 23:29 - Sep 14 with 4487 viewsNgaiTahu_Hoop

Watching poor match through sleepy eyes in the middle of the night in NZ. Bannan scored, of course he did, so I turned it off in a stroppy mood. Woke up bitching to myself till I got on here. I can’t believe we got something from that match. Wensdee should have buried us by half time, missed some sitters
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 03:55 - Sep 15 with 3960 viewsHAYESBOY

Thought everyone but the back 4 and keeper were poor today.

Agree with post above for Santos a MoM. Thought he did well with not much protection in front of him. He will be unlucky if he is dropped next week. Think Ashby will play Tuesday.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 07:01 - Sep 15 with 3626 viewskernowhoop

In the first half, we looked uncertain and even clumsy. Was that the pressing from the opposition? Maybe, but it was to be expected that SW would start the game vigorously. That deep shadow over half the pitch may have explained the odd stray pass. Scratching for real reasons, but (see a previous thread) the international break ended our rhythm and I wondered if some players thought that they could 'save themselves' for the more glamorous match coming up on Tuesday?
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 08:15 - Sep 15 with 3237 viewsDeanoMD

Yeah it was pure dross, the back five played well and kept us in the game, everyone else was well off the pace, felt sorry for Frey as he had no service whatsoever.

A point out of that is a right result.
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 08:50 - Sep 15 with 2995 viewsWestonsuperR

Long day but ultimately a great one that felt like a win. The dramatic late goal shouldn’t mask a a surprisingly poor performance, very lucky to be level at HT and would have had no reason to complain if we had lost. Seem to be a lack of movement, ideas and an inability to do the basic’s right, created very little although the stats look reasonable I suspect this was really only because of the mad scramble significantly added to our shots on target!

MOM Colback, with Paal a close second.
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 10:42 - Sep 15 with 2603 viewsdaveB

I'd go along with Colback as MOTM though he did really well.

The front 4 was a real weak link no real balance to it, Madsen looked lost on the left wing, Dembele wasn't great and Anderson I thought was woeful throughout. Frey put in a very Lyndon Dykes at his worst huff and puff but have zero impact on the game performance.

We did have a decent spell in the second half and Saito was close to scoring but 0-0 was probably fair until that mad last 2 minutes which turned a forgettable away day into an incredible one
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 12:52 - Sep 15 with 2275 viewsextratimeR

It was grim, was just counting the open goals Wednesday had missed, ( good saves fair do as well) when I had got to give, but we did keep discipline, I think Paal edged it, as mentioned back four hung in their.
I have a feeling that teams like playing against Field and Colback because they are holding players and naturally sit a bit deeper.

Santos also looked good.
A very good point yesterday.
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 12:53 - Sep 15 with 2271 viewsextratimeR

Five not give
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 12:55 - Sep 15 with 2268 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 07:01 - Sep 15 by kernowhoop

In the first half, we looked uncertain and even clumsy. Was that the pressing from the opposition? Maybe, but it was to be expected that SW would start the game vigorously. That deep shadow over half the pitch may have explained the odd stray pass. Scratching for real reasons, but (see a previous thread) the international break ended our rhythm and I wondered if some players thought that they could 'save themselves' for the more glamorous match coming up on Tuesday?

We are starting most games very slowly and surviving until half time then picking it up in the second half under Marti's reign .
Not sure why this is happening but its something we need to change IMO before we find ourself 2 or 3 down and no fightback possible.
I thought we would come flying out of the blocks against SW after they beating us 2 times last season but we were way off it it sounds like .
We need Chair back ASAP he must be so frustrated waiting for his injury to heal
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 13:19 - Sep 15 with 2157 viewsLazyFan

It was the worst QPR have played in a long time: no skill, little fight until the end and no midfield at all.

Nardi 8:
Great display of goalkeeping; we could have 2 or 3 down by half-time kept us in it. MoM.

Santos 6:
It was a decent effort for his first start. He offered not much going forward (which is supposed to be his main asset), but he was defensively decent. Useful cover for Dunne.
Paal 6:
Was good in the first-half but not so great in the second. Average performance.
Cook 7:
Good defence cover as wave after wave of Wed attacks came.
Dunne 7:
Good defensive cover for JCS and did not look out of place.

Colback 6:
The best of our midfield, was the only one who seemed able to help break the press. But was not mobile enough to get up and down the pitch. Almost got a trademark yellow again.

Field 5:
Poor first-half, did not help the defence break the press and as a result Wed got attack after attack in our final third. Booked and hooked. Marti claims he was feeling an injury, I am not so sure.

Madsen 4:
Offered nothing going forwards and nothing coming back. Did not help us break the press (which is what he's supposed to be good at). A very Dozzel performance. He cannot play LW.

Dembele 5:
Poor on the right and did better in the second half in the middle. Should have started there.

Andersen 5:
Poor but he was on his own so, could be bit harsh on him here.

Frey 6:
He tried hard, but no one else was up there with him. Totally isolated and on his own.

Subs:
Smyth 5:
Not much better than Dembele, but at least helped Santos out a bit more in defence. Poor game by his standards.

Saito 6:
Decent, and tried to make things happen. Better than Madsen on the left but that not exactly a reference.

Celar 5:
Isolated in the game just like Frey.

Varane 6:
Positing was good and allowed us to beat the press a bit more.

Lloyd 7:
The goal, of course. Think! You are a forward, and the manager is bringing you on to waste some time on the 90-minute. Not really what a young pro wants, but he took it on the chin. He was just happy to get on the pitch. Then he fought for the goal and chased around a lot before that, knowing he only had 5 mins and the manager was just playing him to waste time. No slouching when we went 1-0 down. He got on with it. This is how a pro should behave and get his reward with a well-taken goal. Many players sky that chance over the bar.

Marti made some tactical errors today, which should have cost us, but we got away with it. It was clear that he was happy to settle for a draw, improving on last year's performance by not losing. But really, we were lucky not to lose that game.

Madsen cannot play LW. We have alternative options in Lloyd or Saito until the Chair returns. I would start with Lloyd on the left and bring Saito on later to really have a go at the oppo RB. Lets see the oppo RB deal with fresh legs always running at them.

Dembele is really an AMC, we only get the best of him from there. Therefore, I would start Smyth on at RW and have Dembele in as AMC. This with Lloyd provides runners to support Frey. All three can carry the ball up the pitch, which then allows Frey to get in the game. Then its possible later on to sub Madsen in for Dembele or if it's Smyth (moving Dembele over to the right). Or if JCS returns and Dunne at RB, bring on Santos for Smyth. At the moment EDB is better than Madsen if you really want another attacking midfielder on the left.

When is Chair back? We need him to carry us on his back again.

zzzzzzzzzz

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 13:24 - Sep 15 with 2123 viewsChrisNW6

I think it was both Varane and Saito (both had white strapping on wrist) who had a chance to pick up Bannon. Varane was especially at fault, there was no urgency to defend.
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 22:10 - Sep 15 with 1244 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Struggling to see how some rate Colback as MOTM. His attitude was questionable at times, he rarely hit a forward pass, and he allowed Bannan to dictate proceedings. Whilst no one particularly covered themselves in glory, midfield was easily the weakest link (only 51% successful pass completion in the final third). Nardi takes it for me with some strong saves, closely followed by Dunne who slotted in seamlessly at CB. Honourable mention to Alfie Lloyd for his goal of the season contender.
Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 07:36 - Sep 16 with 699 viewsQPROslo

Sheffield Wednesday Reflection on 22:10 - Sep 15 by Benny_the_Ball

Struggling to see how some rate Colback as MOTM. His attitude was questionable at times, he rarely hit a forward pass, and he allowed Bannan to dictate proceedings. Whilst no one particularly covered themselves in glory, midfield was easily the weakest link (only 51% successful pass completion in the final third). Nardi takes it for me with some strong saves, closely followed by Dunne who slotted in seamlessly at CB. Honourable mention to Alfie Lloyd for his goal of the season contender.

Colback had an 88.6% pass completion rate according to Sky, the highest from our team Saturday of the likely candidates I checked. Paal was 88% and Dunne 83.3%. I'd make Dunne my MOM though for that plus his excellent defensive work and his contribution to our goal, with Nardi and Lloyd close behind.
[Post edited 16 Sep 7:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024