Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty 20:19 - Aug 26 with 40221 viewsconnell10

1-1 and I'd take that .....followed by a penalty shoot out win!!
[Post edited 27 Aug 8:03]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 12:08 - Aug 28 with 1563 viewsdavman

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 22:34 - Aug 27 by NorthantsHoop

Walsh had another good game, could be pushing for a league start soon if Nardi has a wobble. Lloyd good impact on the left, Varane starting to find his feet, Dixon- Bonnar lacklustre again and Colback a liability. Dembele looks a different class to be honest and a solid performance by Celar some nice touches. We will have to up our game on Friday as Luton look strong and try and deal better with Doughty stop him dominating down the line and whipping those crosses in.

Key bit is that first sentence - he had a great game, but he is back up to Nardi until Nardi has that wobble.

There is much in Walsh that says that he will be a great 'keeper, but v Cov and v Cambridge he showed that there is a dodgy clearance in him that says to me he is not quite there yet...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 12:20 - Aug 28 with 1458 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 12:08 - Aug 28 by daveB

it didn't look like that on tv. Defender was walking upto take it and he kicked it past him towards the keeper, looked like he knew what he was doing. He was very unlucky with the booking he got though as seemed to win the ball

He came in hard fron side/behind Dave and got the ball but went through the player and I was afraid it was going to be a red myself if the Luton guy went down hard.
The commentator mentioned that booking was coming for Colback so maybe he was doing other stuff we could not see on TV.
His yellow cards are piling up again but I am not sure if its just here with us or was he always getting booked at this rate I did not follow his career .
If he keeps getting suspended then how is that helping us
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 12:30 - Aug 28 with 1390 viewsderbyhoop

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 12:20 - Aug 28 by CLAREMAN1995

He came in hard fron side/behind Dave and got the ball but went through the player and I was afraid it was going to be a red myself if the Luton guy went down hard.
The commentator mentioned that booking was coming for Colback so maybe he was doing other stuff we could not see on TV.
His yellow cards are piling up again but I am not sure if its just here with us or was he always getting booked at this rate I did not follow his career .
If he keeps getting suspended then how is that helping us

Colback is no longer a 1st choice, so, hopefully, the customary cards won't hurt us.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 12:36 - Aug 28 with 1356 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 23:13 - Aug 27 by Ned_Kennedys

And how have those seasons gone?
Generally if you don’t score goals then you don’t get points and 16th is the very best you can hope for.
I also think Cifuentes won’t hang around too long if he’s not backed property by the board: he’s clearly not happy about Dykes leaving judging by his recent interviews.

This is the problem - I'm sure you (and, if you're right, Cifuentes) are on the money on this.

Trouble is that I don't suppose anyone thought it was a great idea in previous seasons either.

Since we have sold Dykes, unless we sell another asset (which leaves a hole elsewhere) any new striker either has to be challenging Celar and Frey for a place, which is going to be financially "challenging", or a something like a loan on low wages (at least from us) who doesn't mind being 3rd choice.

Hopefully we find one, but I'm not holding my breath.

TBH I think we have to hope for the best this season and that next year things ease a bit on the finances, maybe because one or more of the new boys allows us to sell.

I agree on the risk of Cifuentes going next year otherwise.
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 12:59 - Aug 28 with 1222 viewsTrom

I wonder if Dykes leaving is to free up wages for a loan?
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 13:20 - Aug 28 with 1120 viewsLoyalitat

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 23:45 - Aug 27 by dmm

He made some stunning saves and is looking increasingly comfortable every time he plays. He can't be far behind Nardi now.

He isn't. He actually makes saves from shots when he is at full stretch, quick reactions, gets down low very quickly, with strong hands to parry the ball away. First-half save from Adebayo being a case in point.

For mine, including Coventry last season, that's the third game where he has performed to a very high standard. He's a definite talent with a proper goalkeeper's presence.
[Post edited 28 Aug 13:25]
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 13:22 - Aug 28 with 1094 viewsrbee

The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 23:13 - Aug 27 by Ned_Kennedys

And how have those seasons gone?
Generally if you don’t score goals then you don’t get points and 16th is the very best you can hope for.
I also think Cifuentes won’t hang around too long if he’s not backed property by the board: he’s clearly not happy about Dykes leaving judging by his recent interviews.

Marti 100% knew what he was signing up for when he joined us, our financial situation, he even mentioned it in interviews at that time.

You may well be right that Marti doesn't want to lose Lyndon but my take is that he simply doesn't want to talk about transfers during interviews, what manager does?
The Sad Hatters League Cup thread sponsored by Numptydumpty on 14:15 - Aug 28 with 883 viewsSonofpugwash

Alexa - what's a "third round" ?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024