Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Throw ins 21:04 - Aug 18 with 1603 viewsTerry49

Am I the only one that gets so annoyed by the blatant gaining of yards and yards at throw ins. No referee seems to give a toss. Surely this would be so easy to stop by the linesman standing where the ball went out, or is this too simple. Views please.
Throw ins on 21:07 - Aug 18 with 1580 viewsBoston

It's throwing a game away that really gets my goat.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Throw ins on 21:16 - Aug 18 with 1532 viewsGalileo

It’s getting worse, been blatant for a few years now, as you say nobody seems to notice or comment. The odd ref may call a player up for attempting to take a throw from an incorrect position it but seem non plussed by the clear and obvious creeping forward

My solution, mark the spot where the ball went out of play in similar manner to a free kick.
Throw ins on 23:04 - Aug 18 with 1365 viewsStanisgod

It's the constantly throwing the ball BACK that peeves me. Never seems to get thrown towards the oppos goal .
I long for the days of Rufus and Ginos forward down the line to an opposing players head throws.😪

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Throw ins on 23:27 - Aug 18 with 1294 viewsHoopsie

It is the weirdest law of the game - throw ins

it is like in Basketball when the ball goes out you are to kick the ball in

if anything, it should be "kick in"

and then you still got the problem of "gaining yards and yards"

free kick spots are now dictated by foam spray, but we are not going to spray on the touch line every time the ball goes out?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Throw ins on 09:44 - Aug 19 with 969 viewsfrancisbowles

I agree with Terry. Players should be told to start their run up further back, so that they deliver the throw where the ball left the field of play, not five, ten or fifteen yards further up the line.

Another thing that winds me up is when an attacker gives away a free kick by the corner flag. The goalkeeper strolls over, picks the ball up, throws it infield and proceeds to take the kick ten yards in from the sideline.

I know it's not rugby but yards do matter in football. It's illustrated by Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool's kick offs all going direct to the corner.
[Post edited 19 Aug 9:49]
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:24 - Aug 19 with 790 viewsQPR_John

Throw ins on 23:27 - Aug 18 by Hoopsie

free kick spots are now dictated by foam spray, but we are not going to spray on the touch line every time the ball goes out?

The “kick in” would really be a free kick. Imagine the ball going out of play near the half way line. It would give a team an advantage out of all proportion to the offence.
[Post edited 19 Aug 11:27]
Throw ins on 11:59 - Aug 19 with 720 viewsLogman

Nothing will happen about this until there is another major tournament. We all know the FA is totally gutless when it comes to interpreting the laws and any changes are only ever made when the lead is taken at a major tournament. So don't hold your breaths until 2026 ...
Throw ins on 12:39 - Aug 19 with 627 viewsFearless

Throw ins on 23:27 - Aug 18 by Hoopsie

I did a tour of charterhouse a few years back and they said the throw-in was invented there as the pitch was surrounded by a cloister so no room to kick the ball back in play

A quick google seems to support this
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024