Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colback 18:09 - Aug 17 with 15021 viewsLongsufferingR

Must never be picked again. How thick can one person be?
Colback on 22:27 - Aug 17 with 3371 viewsWatford_Ranger

He is thick though. How many cards is that now for dissent? He’s a very experienced player who should be aware what he can get away with yet constantly picks up cheap bookings. Get a booking for stopping a counter or nearly killing their best player. Don’t be an idiot when you’ve just been booked for being an idiot by a referee who might as well have worn a t-shirt saying “I’m a new ref from Carlisle so I could really do with being in the good books of big teams in this league”.

Also it was a bit galling that Hamer could do what he wanted when on a yellow but that wouldn’t have brought Colback when we needed him (or not) and he made a huge difference for the time he was on.
Colback on 22:34 - Aug 17 with 3275 viewsbrad

hes soild ....have him in the team anytime...improved us when he came on..
Colback on 22:36 - Aug 17 with 3239 viewsvanrrrr

I hope he plays on, i make good money on betting on him each week to get a YC . Was 5/1 today after he came on…it’s basically free money.

Seriously, think he is an asset and today was clear that we need him this year while Varane gets used to the champo….Don’t be an idiot and get a red though!
Colback on 23:04 - Aug 17 with 3150 viewsRangersw12

Absolute stupid sending off and at one point I thought he was having ago at Marti big obviously it was the 4th official.

What I would say is that he was everything we lacked in the first half kicked a couple of their players and got us back in the game.
Colback on 23:24 - Aug 17 with 3044 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"
Colback, who came on as a half-time substitute, received the second yellow for remonstrating with the fourth official while Rangers were still 2-1 down.
“I spoke with him and spoke with the officials,” said Cifuentes.
“It seems that, according to Jack, one of the Sheffield United players who already had a yellow card was asking for a yellow card – showing his hand – and that, according to the rules, is a yellow card.
“So instead of a red card for Sheffield United, it goes the other way.
“It’s true for the second one he was still asking. I asked him what was going on and why he was getting mad, and I took responsibility because he came very close to the fourth official, and he thought it was a second yellow, which for me was very harsh.
“Refereeing for me is very difficult and perhaps this situation had a big effect on the game.
“We need to understand that the players are human beings, and they can make some mistakes.
“I don’t think that he came in a bad way or a disrespectful well, but definitely, I will have a talk with him on Tuesday when we are back.”
"

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/qpr-boss-explains-jack-colbacks-sheffield-u

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Colback on 23:40 - Aug 17 with 2999 viewsTomS

2 x Separate yellow cards in the same match for dissent, after being brought on late in the game as sub= Stupidity.

(Also something that can be coached to make sure it doesn't happen again)
Colback on 23:42 - Aug 17 with 2997 viewsrbee

“I don’t think that he came in a bad way or a disrespectful well, but definitely, I will have a talk with him on Tuesday when we are back.”

The players get Sunday and Monday off? That does surprise me.

Very easy to get angry with Colback because he has previous but I guess, looking forward, you have to take a pragmatic approach and accept that this is a part of his character. He certainly contributed to our point earned today.
Colback on 00:40 - Aug 18 with 2845 viewsLblock

He’s a bit of a dick but on reflection that was incredibly harsh

Seemed the 4th.official properly pushed for that.
Vendetta maybe?

Disagree with the OP
Walking card as he is he also I what we need

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Colback on 00:48 - Aug 18 with 2833 viewsFredManRave

Might be a good player and what we need in midfield and even if the decision may turn out to be harsh (I agree with the poster that said the ref was probably left with no option bearing in mind he was called over and the fact that Colback was already on a yellow) but the guy is an experienced pro and should have learnt the error of his petulant ways by now.

Hopefullly, the first and last time of the season.

#colbackinthechangingroomsfirst

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Colback on 00:52 - Aug 18 with 2818 viewsLblock

Imagine if he’d done his groin taking a set piece in the 23rd minute due to not being fit or up to it??

Blimey

Uproar you know the score

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Colback on 02:52 - Aug 18 with 2672 viewsMatch82

Colback on 00:40 - Aug 18 by Lblock

He’s a bit of a dick but on reflection that was incredibly harsh

Seemed the 4th.official properly pushed for that.
Vendetta maybe?

Disagree with the OP
Walking card as he is he also I what we need

I mean it's both I think

Seems very harsh but also utterly avoidable and so a stupid thing to do
Colback on 03:34 - Aug 18 with 2641 viewsSydneyRs

He's an idiot. Time and again he gets yellows for mouthing off. STFU!
Colback on 04:03 - Aug 18 with 2597 viewsQuillPenRiot

Colback on 03:34 - Aug 18 by SydneyRs

He's an idiot. Time and again he gets yellows for mouthing off. STFU!

I like him. Don’t think he’s a bad person, just fiery and that’s his mojo. The second yellow was harsh. I’ll stand by him, he rocks, he’s very good and he came on and was a big part of why we bossed the 2nd half. He starts for me anytime and against anyone
Colback on 04:31 - Aug 18 with 2577 viewsmart_Goblin

I think this thread would be very different if they had managed to get a winner at the end .

Probably our most experienced player . No excuse .
Colback on 04:54 - Aug 18 with 2536 viewsHoopsie

Ashley Young got sent off in Everton 3-0 loss to Brighton at home

You would think a veteran of his stature should be dependable - was beaten for pace and pulled down his opponent, no excuse

Made Colback send off looks a lot harsher

*edited
[Post edited 18 Aug 7:04]

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Colback on 05:40 - Aug 18 with 2451 viewsjohnhoop

Colback on 04:54 - Aug 18 by Hoopsie

Ashley Young got sent off in Everton 3-0 loss to Brighton at home

You would think a veteran of his stature should be dependable - was beaten for pace and pulled down his opponent, no excuse

Made Colback send off looks a lot harsher

*edited
[Post edited 18 Aug 7:04]

I think you may be thinking of Ashley Cole with the Chelsh*t reference but as Ashley Young is the one who cheated at Old Trafford to get Shaun Derry sent off twelve years ago I was happy to see that yesterday.
Colback on 07:03 - Aug 18 with 2260 viewsHoopsie

Colback on 05:40 - Aug 18 by johnhoop

I think you may be thinking of Ashley Cole with the Chelsh*t reference but as Ashley Young is the one who cheated at Old Trafford to get Shaun Derry sent off twelve years ago I was happy to see that yesterday.

My bad, you are right, I stand corrected.

Anyway both are deplorable

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Colback on 08:06 - Aug 18 with 2029 viewskernowhoop

Colback on 22:36 - Aug 17 by vanrrrr

I hope he plays on, i make good money on betting on him each week to get a YC . Was 5/1 today after he came on…it’s basically free money.

Seriously, think he is an asset and today was clear that we need him this year while Varane gets used to the champo….Don’t be an idiot and get a red though!

Ah. Betting. Hadn't thought of that. I shall now have to stop my thoughts on that matter from wandering further.
Colback on 08:39 - Aug 18 with 1910 viewsloftus77

Colback on 23:24 - Aug 17 by BrianMcCarthy

"
Colback, who came on as a half-time substitute, received the second yellow for remonstrating with the fourth official while Rangers were still 2-1 down.
“I spoke with him and spoke with the officials,” said Cifuentes.
“It seems that, according to Jack, one of the Sheffield United players who already had a yellow card was asking for a yellow card – showing his hand – and that, according to the rules, is a yellow card.
“So instead of a red card for Sheffield United, it goes the other way.
“It’s true for the second one he was still asking. I asked him what was going on and why he was getting mad, and I took responsibility because he came very close to the fourth official, and he thought it was a second yellow, which for me was very harsh.
“Refereeing for me is very difficult and perhaps this situation had a big effect on the game.
“We need to understand that the players are human beings, and they can make some mistakes.
"

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/qpr-boss-explains-jack-colbacks-sheffield-u

Yes, as others have noted - what is happening on the working day that is Monday? Just curious.
Colback on 09:06 - Aug 18 with 1803 viewsdmm

I can only think that because last week had three games, the squad gets an extra rest day. I'm not sure if this is standard and if not, possibly something Ben Williams advises.
Colback on 09:09 - Aug 18 with 1796 viewsmart_Goblin

Colback on 09:06 - Aug 18 by dmm

I can only think that because last week had three games, the squad gets an extra rest day. I'm not sure if this is standard and if not, possibly something Ben Williams advises.

Also next week is 3 games in 6 days so rest and recuperation is just as important as fitness when they can get it
Colback on 09:38 - Aug 18 with 1673 viewsloftus77

Colback on 09:09 - Aug 18 by mart_Goblin

Also next week is 3 games in 6 days so rest and recuperation is just as important as fitness when they can get it

Ah yes. Fair points.
Colback on 09:43 - Aug 18 with 1605 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Colback on 09:06 - Aug 18 by dmm

Sounds plausible, dmm.

Also, in these days of Strava and Teambuilder, the players will probably be doing some training at home anyway. May just be a case of "stay with the family that day and do this programme at home".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Colback on 10:03 - Aug 18 with 1462 viewssaxbend

I don't see how he can be judged for getting booked twice until we know what the yellow cards were for. Sinton seemed to have a good idea of what happened for the first booking and appraised him accordingly, but even he had no idea what the second one was for and so held back from commenting on Colback's part in it. I find it frustrating that a fair few fans on here and on twitter are eager to write him off, insisting he never for us again, etc. but are choosing to keep the reason for the second booking a secret. Or could it be that they don't know what they're talking about?
Colback on 10:13 - Aug 18 with 1380 viewsBklynRanger

It just seems like ridiculous officiating.

Of course Colback should be careful, and has to carry a certain amount of blame for apparently giving them the opportunity, but two cards like that in such a short period is ludicrous.

Soon after you've got that dickhead Robinson jumping forward towards the ref and mouthing off over Smyth's corner and nothing happens. Just seems inconsistent.

Tbh I think we'd get more out of assuming the referring team acted excessively, and getting behind Colback, than looking to get rid. For one thing Varane clearly isn't ready.
[Post edited 18 Aug 10:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024