Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair - what's the story? 23:48 - Aug 13 with 30159 viewsqueensparker

I have no ITK or agenda here but want to throw it out there as what else are these forums for but complete conjecture?

Is he really injured? Is this some 4D chess from Nourry to sell him? Is there something from his court case we're not being told? Has he been promised to Besiktas or Lens? Do we need the money? Does he want to go?

The bloke has held our club together for the last two years at least, without him we'd have been relegated soundly long ago.

As the last few games have also shown, we're going to badly miss him if he goes.

How do we think this is going to play out?
[Post edited 13 Aug 23:49]
Chair - what's the story? on 14:53 - Aug 17 with 4291 viewshoops_legend

Chair - what's the story? on 13:49 - Aug 16 by Hunterhoop

It does beg the question, why haven’t teams come in for him and someone offered enough for us to accept?

We’re hardly loaded with cash and don’t have a history of being the best negotiations. I’m not aware anyone has made a formal offer either.

These teams, scouts, data guys have access to all the metrics, their teams have played against him for years. People in the game move about, so former teammates and coaches will have spoken to people at other clubs.

I’ve said this before; I’m not sure Chair is the popular, good bloke in the dressing room, good teammate, some perhaps think. Even then, clubs do sign problematic characters as well.

If he is all those things, what other reason is there not to get a top 6 Champ deal? Perhaps we are paying him a fortune, but I doubt it. There must be something known in the game.

What are you basing that on? I think chair is popular and he’s a fans favourite as well

Is there any evidence of him being unpopular and divisive in the dressing room as you implied ?

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Chair - what's the story? on 15:49 - Aug 17 with 4171 viewsmart_Goblin

Chair - what's the story? on 14:53 - Aug 17 by hoops_legend

What are you basing that on? I think chair is popular and he’s a fans favourite as well

Is there any evidence of him being unpopular and divisive in the dressing room as you implied ?

All based on a hunch which is fine as I had the same about Johansen.

But Chair has never played 1 game where he has not laid everything out on the pitch .
Believe me if you have any problems with your attitude it would show in the 200+games he has played for us
Chair - what's the story? on 17:06 - Aug 17 with 4015 viewspaulparker

This team is desperately missing him imo the sooner he is back the better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chair - what's the story? on 18:45 - Aug 17 with 3735 viewsNorthantsHoop

Chair - what's the story? on 17:06 - Aug 17 by paulparker

This team is desperately missing him imo the sooner he is back the better

Not sure that will be the case if Dembele and Saito continue the way they did today. Possibly time for Chair to move on if that is his and the club's wish, we do need to make money out of him.
Chair - what's the story? on 18:51 - Aug 17 with 3683 viewsdmm

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/chair-facing-lengthy-spell-out-qpr-boss-conf

A bone bruise can take up to 10 weeks to heal apparently. I think Chair's been out for 5 weeks already so another 5 weeks or so to go.
Chair - what's the story? on 18:54 - Aug 17 with 3650 viewspriceyparkrangers

He’s injured. The club have said it plenty of times already.
Chair - what's the story? on 20:03 - Aug 17 with 3408 viewsHunterhoop

Couple of things I’ve heard. Body language at times on the pitch. Way he often berates some teammates on the pitch, often when fault lay with him.

Doesn’t take away from his ability.

All I’m doing is speculating why, if he is the all round package, he hasn’t been bought. He either isn’t as good as we as a fanbase think, or other clubs are put off by something that isn’t public knowledge. We are a selling a club. We’ve managed his contract well. They will want to cash on at some point (unless he plays his career here). I’d just expect someone to buy him.
Chair - what's the story? on 20:27 - Aug 17 with 3257 viewspaulparker

Chair - what's the story? on 18:45 - Aug 17 by NorthantsHoop

Not sure that will be the case if Dembele and Saito continue the way they did today. Possibly time for Chair to move on if that is his and the club's wish, we do need to make money out of him.

We miss Chair big time I get we need to make money but this team will finish bottom half without him ,you cannot rely on Anderson for a whole season he still looks unfit

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Chair - what's the story? on 21:26 - Aug 17 with 3063 viewsHAYESBOY

Chair out for possibly 8 more weeks. Andersen what seemed to be a groin pull.

Maybe we go into loan market for a no 10?

Smells like a trout farm in here

Chair - what's the story? on 21:37 - Aug 17 with 2946 viewslassel

Chair - what's the story? on 20:03 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

Couple of things I’ve heard. Body language at times on the pitch. Way he often berates some teammates on the pitch, often when fault lay with him.

All I’m doing is speculating why, if he is the all round package, he hasn’t been bought. He either isn’t as good as we as a fanbase think, or other clubs are put off by something that isn’t public knowledge. We are a selling a club. We’ve managed his contract well. They will want to cash on at some point (unless he plays his career here). I’d just expect someone to buy him.

In 2024 recruitment is always a 2 legged endeavour - analytics and then the eye test. With Chair we know he is very high up the analytics lists and so the assumption would be that he is failing the eye test for interested clubs.

I suspect personally that the reason for that is his lack of genuine pace. He has always had a decent burst of speed that has allowed him to do his trademark move inside, create separations and get the shot off. He doesn’t have flat speed though which I imagine is why he always tends to put his foot on the ball and slow it down because he knows he can’t knock it down the line and beat most full backs in a foot race and at the next level you definitely need variety in your play. Also as said already by someone else, he doesn’t get into the box enough and chip in with goals there.

I’m sure he is still on a couple of clubs’ interest lists but seemingly not high enough to come and plump down £5m to get it done quickly. As said already I suspect towards or on deadline day somebody will kick the tyres and if it’s not a disrespectfully low offer I imagine we’d take it.
Chair - what's the story? on 21:42 - Aug 17 with 2894 viewsbosh67

Chair - what's the story? on 18:54 - Aug 17 by priceyparkrangers

He’s injured. The club have said it plenty of times already.

Yes I think it stops here. A deep bone bruise takes ages. I had several after a car crash. Could be 3 months.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chair - what's the story? on 07:13 - Aug 18 with 2397 viewsFDC

With Chair and possibly Andersen out for some time according to WLS it's just as well we've singed two number 10s. A real shame that we won't have the depth in this area that we imagined we would for some time
Chair - what's the story? on 07:31 - Aug 18 with 2293 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair - what's the story? on 21:37 - Aug 17 by lassel

In 2024 recruitment is always a 2 legged endeavour - analytics and then the eye test. With Chair we know he is very high up the analytics lists and so the assumption would be that he is failing the eye test for interested clubs.

I suspect personally that the reason for that is his lack of genuine pace. He has always had a decent burst of speed that has allowed him to do his trademark move inside, create separations and get the shot off. He doesn’t have flat speed though which I imagine is why he always tends to put his foot on the ball and slow it down because he knows he can’t knock it down the line and beat most full backs in a foot race and at the next level you definitely need variety in your play. Also as said already by someone else, he doesn’t get into the box enough and chip in with goals there.

I’m sure he is still on a couple of clubs’ interest lists but seemingly not high enough to come and plump down £5m to get it done quickly. As said already I suspect towards or on deadline day somebody will kick the tyres and if it’s not a disrespectfully low offer I imagine we’d take it.

Well, he's injured so won't be going anywhere this window!

Bare bones.

Chair - what's the story? on 08:24 - Aug 18 with 2156 viewsParkRoyalR

I for one am not surprised we have never had a bid in the range too many on this forum believe Chairs worth, say £6m+.

To put it simply his greatest strength (holding & possession of the ball in the final third) is also his greatest weakness in not giving the ball early in the way say Eze does,

Why does he not play the early pass? If you watch his technique when he receives the ball you will see why and you don't need to be a UEFA Super Coach or hold a degree in Analytics to see this,

Hoping Saito & Dembele play really well while Chairs out so he can come back in a free role in the middle, switch play with Saito and have a 12+ goal season with a similar number of assists.
Chair - what's the story? on 09:02 - Aug 18 with 1969 viewsdmm

Chair - what's the story? on 08:24 - Aug 18 by ParkRoyalR

I for one am not surprised we have never had a bid in the range too many on this forum believe Chairs worth, say £6m+.

To put it simply his greatest strength (holding & possession of the ball in the final third) is also his greatest weakness in not giving the ball early in the way say Eze does,

Why does he not play the early pass? If you watch his technique when he receives the ball you will see why and you don't need to be a UEFA Super Coach or hold a degree in Analytics to see this,

Hoping Saito & Dembele play really well while Chairs out so he can come back in a free role in the middle, switch play with Saito and have a 12+ goal season with a similar number of assists.

Okay, I'll bite. Can you explain what you mean by: Why does he not play the early pass? If you watch his technique when he receives the ball you will see why...
Chair - what's the story? on 09:14 - Aug 18 with 1922 viewsmart_Goblin

Sorry mate just downgraded your post with my fat fingers by mistake
Chair - what's the story? on 09:42 - Aug 18 with 1814 viewsSK_hoops

I know we're a selling club and I know we could do with the money, but could you imagine how much of a legend Chair would be if he stayed at QPR his whole career?
Chair - what's the story? on 10:02 - Aug 18 with 1732 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair - what's the story? on 09:02 - Aug 18 by dmm

Okay, I'll bite. Can you explain what you mean by: Why does he not play the early pass? If you watch his technique when he receives the ball you will see why...

When he takes the ball he looks at his feet to control the ball (a player of his technique & ability shouldn't need to) and does likewise with his 2nd touch,

If you compared to say Eze his head is up before and when he receives the ball and he already knows if with his first touch he will push it 5 yards away from his body and get our attack moving immediately,

Those first few touches when you haven't got electric pace (similar to Luke Freeman) are the difference between a £3m and a £6m player and why we are lucky to still have him,

Like to see him in a roving free 10 role this year switching from left to right and dropping in to take the ball off JCS etc
Chair - what's the story? on 10:24 - Aug 18 with 1646 viewsdmm

Chair - what's the story? on 10:02 - Aug 18 by ParkRoyalR

When he takes the ball he looks at his feet to control the ball (a player of his technique & ability shouldn't need to) and does likewise with his 2nd touch,

If you compared to say Eze his head is up before and when he receives the ball and he already knows if with his first touch he will push it 5 yards away from his body and get our attack moving immediately,

Those first few touches when you haven't got electric pace (similar to Luke Freeman) are the difference between a £3m and a £6m player and why we are lucky to still have him,

Like to see him in a roving free 10 role this year switching from left to right and dropping in to take the ball off JCS etc

Thanks for that. Interesting stuff and I haven't noticed this about Chair.

I agree with you on playing him in a no 10 role though seeing Dembele play there yesterday, he also looks very good in that role. I'd love to see what a front three of Dembele/Chair/Saito given the freedom to interchange with each other could achieve.
Chair - what's the story? on 10:46 - Aug 18 with 1517 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair - what's the story? on 10:24 - Aug 18 by dmm

Thanks for that. Interesting stuff and I haven't noticed this about Chair.

I agree with you on playing him in a no 10 role though seeing Dembele play there yesterday, he also looks very good in that role. I'd love to see what a front three of Dembele/Chair/Saito given the freedom to interchange with each other could achieve.

Agree with your last paragraph, and with a target man to anchor the attack and pin back the Centre Halves, hopefully we can see a joined up attacking style of play this year where the others get up and support the 4 attackers.
Chair - what's the story? on 10:56 - Aug 18 with 1420 viewshoops_legend

Body language??? Please if you played in the system and tactics Gareth Ainsworth set up for him and us - you too would be absolutely fuming

He tried his best regardless of any signs of frustration

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Chair - what's the story? on 11:14 - Aug 18 with 1353 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair - what's the story? on 10:56 - Aug 18 by hoops_legend

Body language??? Please if you played in the system and tactics Gareth Ainsworth set up for him and us - you too would be absolutely fuming

He tried his best regardless of any signs of frustration

Every single manager since Warbs has played him when fit (basically always). Throughout that time and before, and for years, it’s generally accepted that that oh so football term ‘standards’ have been low throughout the club. And yet if there is one person at the club in that time you could not aim an accusation about having low standards is Chair. By all accounts he is a great trainer. On the pitch we see someone who is relentless in his running, who never, ever gives up, and, at many times in the last 5 years has taken the entire responsibility for team creativity on his own back. He is frequently at the end of games out on his feet with exhaustion. He has until now a superb record with availability. He has overcome enormous obstacles to become a pro footballer, not least hos stature. He shows willingness to improve and be coached. He is a leader at this club.
IF he has berated other players on the pitch, MAYBE he’s a bit fcked off with the effort he puts in for this club compared to about 80% of the players he’s played with over his time with us. MAYBE he’s demanding of them the proper standards he demonstrably sets for himself.

Does he sometimes make poor decisions? Yes. Does he sometimes shoot when he should pass? Yes. Does he sometimes not play the early ball? Yes. But stats show he also creates more chances than almost anyone in the division. So maybe he’s not always wrong? Perhaps we can criticise so e aspects of play but while we criticise where he looks when he receives it, we might also say few players in our team in the last 5 years are even able to receive the ball in a tight spot, with markers, and not lose possession. He is ALWAYS available, always demanding the ball. He is a gem and frankly i couldn’t give a toss any no one has offeted 6-10m for him. I’m just delighted he’s ours.

Bare bones.

Chair - what's the story? on 11:25 - Aug 18 with 1236 viewsGus_iom

Chair - what's the story? on 11:14 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

Every single manager since Warbs has played him when fit (basically always). Throughout that time and before, and for years, it’s generally accepted that that oh so football term ‘standards’ have been low throughout the club. And yet if there is one person at the club in that time you could not aim an accusation about having low standards is Chair. By all accounts he is a great trainer. On the pitch we see someone who is relentless in his running, who never, ever gives up, and, at many times in the last 5 years has taken the entire responsibility for team creativity on his own back. He is frequently at the end of games out on his feet with exhaustion. He has until now a superb record with availability. He has overcome enormous obstacles to become a pro footballer, not least hos stature. He shows willingness to improve and be coached. He is a leader at this club.
IF he has berated other players on the pitch, MAYBE he’s a bit fcked off with the effort he puts in for this club compared to about 80% of the players he’s played with over his time with us. MAYBE he’s demanding of them the proper standards he demonstrably sets for himself.

Does he sometimes make poor decisions? Yes. Does he sometimes shoot when he should pass? Yes. Does he sometimes not play the early ball? Yes. But stats show he also creates more chances than almost anyone in the division. So maybe he’s not always wrong? Perhaps we can criticise so e aspects of play but while we criticise where he looks when he receives it, we might also say few players in our team in the last 5 years are even able to receive the ball in a tight spot, with markers, and not lose possession. He is ALWAYS available, always demanding the ball. He is a gem and frankly i couldn’t give a toss any no one has offeted 6-10m for him. I’m just delighted he’s ours.

This. Love the bloke, and his commitment to us is there to see every time he plays.
Chair - what's the story? on 11:59 - Aug 18 with 1124 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If Celar, Koki, and Dembele click, then I think Chair will become a better player for two reasons. Firstly, he will have more options to choose from and secondly, the oppo will have more on their plate to deal with than just Chair.

I have no inside track, but I do wonder if the 'injury' is a cover and what's potentially happening here, is the court, or even QPR have devided, we want the community service done sharpish and not dragging on.

Whatever the reason, the thought of Chair with mobile forwards and rampaging wingers around him, is too delicious to drag out his 150 hours of litter picking over an extended period.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Chair - what's the story? on 12:02 - Aug 18 with 1097 viewsParkRoyalR

Chair - what's the story? on 11:14 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

Agree with all of this and my only criticism would be of our coaching teams inability to work on any weaknesses to develop Chair into a £10m+ player which is what we need to do as a selling club and he needs to reach the next level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024