Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing 19:38 - Jul 19 with 9805 viewsNorthernr

All your Greg Spires analysis and video clips here within...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/62659
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 06:34 - Jul 20 with 2257 viewsrbee

I was thinking about Hayden yesterday, it has gone quiet on that front.

I would be surprised if JCS left as he has been used to advertise our new kit! Perhaps he is a candidate for Club Captain or Vice Captain.
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 06:50 - Jul 20 with 2213 viewsParkRoyalR

Seems a positive signing as we are overly reliant on Dykes to stay injury free,

Lots of positives about how the club are doing things right but the one I can't work out on that logic is the signing of Frey,

Open minded on that signing and appreciate in the absence of a Warburton style of attacking team play we lack goals, but why didn't we get a short term loan in rather than commit to Frey,

Hopefully when fully match fit we will all see the logic and sense in that signing.
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 07:10 - Jul 20 with 2169 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 05:01 - Jul 20 by derbyhoop

All the transfer dealings so far seem to result from a professional approach to recruitment. It's unlikely that they all work out but, ATM, it's positive.
I think Hevertton will be a replacement for Willock; Celar a step up from Armstrong. Morrison is intriguing (JCS moving on?) and Bennie has potential.
The only area where I think we're still short is a DCM. Field and Colback won't play 46, probably due to suspensions. We'd like Hayden back but there's a big compromise to be made on wages. Could EDB, Alfie Tuck or Harry Murphy step up?

Yeah, central midfield, we do look a little light, but I think EDB especially will have to grab his chance. I really can't see us signing Hayden.

Great clips of Celar, he looks much more mobile than both Dykes and Armstrong.
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 07:15 - Jul 20 with 2156 viewsdmm

I agree EDB will be one of the CMs in the 2 but I think he'd like to be playing further up the field. It will be interesting to see how many games he gets this season as I'd imagine he'll still be behind Colback and Field.
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 07:42 - Jul 20 with 2091 viewsGloucs_R

Was the part regarding his technical attributes written by chat GPT? 🤨

Poll: Are we staying up?

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 07:43 - Jul 20 with 2094 viewsHoopsie

Now now guys let’s not get carried away by a few minutes of goal clips to start saying you could keep goal for a Swiss super league team and than those clubs have non existent defending that allowed opposition forwards to bag a sack full of goals.

If you would have seen a clip of Armstrong goals and assists for QPR (not many by the way), would teams like Bristol City actually would have bought him? The answer is of course no. Clubs now used a wide range of tools to acquire players.

Same, if FC Lugano fans watched Armstrong goals clips, they would have thought he wasn’t any good in the goal department and surely would not be an ideal replacement for the departing Celar.

You cannot guarantee every transfer acquisition is a success, I get that. Even top teams spending tens of millions like Man city, Man U or Chelsea have one successful transfer for every failure.

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 07:44 - Jul 20 with 2085 viewsGloucs_R

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 20:31 - Jul 19 by Antti_Heinola

Mmmyeah, I'm not overly excited. But the reasons for that are amply explained in Clive's review there: we're so bad at this, I'm assuming it's another Adam Czerkas until I see otherwise.

For those proclaiming Armstrong and Willock's sideways moves as 'only for the money', witness player who would have been playing CL football fairly soon swapping that for a team that was 2 games away from playing in the third tier. Maybe we didn't tell him about the tax differences between here and Switzerland.

My other caveat is, and thanks to Spiresey for his superb analysis as usual, the defending in those clips looks basically non-existent. I remember when we signed Washington I watched his 15 goals he'd scored that season and at the back of my mind a little voice was saying 'y'know, about 12 of these the keeper should have saved and any championship keeper would definitely have saved them', before telling my brain to shut up so I could get back to killing it with beer. Slightly similar vibes on those clips.

HOWEVER, I am, despite all that, still hopeful, and best of luck to him, and hope he gets an early goal to give him some confidence.

PS - I reckon when Clive is 90 he'll still be upset we never signed Mendonca.

Funny you say that ("keeper should have saved it" comment)....

I watched is goals and thought that several were misshit.... But benefit of the doubt and all that
[Post edited 20 Jul 7:44]

Poll: Are we staying up?

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 08:10 - Jul 20 with 2039 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is he our first Slovenian?

Edit: No he is not (Jan Mlakar)
[Post edited 20 Jul 8:49]
Login to get fewer ads

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 08:19 - Jul 20 with 2015 views1BobbyHazell

'How Bizarre' is nice shout for his song but I'd love this chorus, got a bit more 'meat' about it.

Posters of a certain vintage will remember this tune.

Original, inspirational, war like! Singing this in a packed away end would be fkin aces.

ZAN CELAR
Zan Celar, Zan Celar
ZAN CELAR

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 09:17 - Jul 20 with 1855 viewsEsox_Lucius

ZAN CELAR, ZAN CELAR
Zan Celar, Zan Celarx, Zan Celar

ZAN CELAR. ZAN CELAR
Zan Celar, Zan Celar, Zan Celar

ZAN CELAR ZAN CELAR
and we all love Zan Celar
He's gonna score more goals for us
ZAN CELAR!

[Post edited 20 Jul 9:31]

The grass is always greener.

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 09:24 - Jul 20 with 1830 viewsdmm

Has any chant suggested on here ever been taken up at LR? I can't think of one.
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 09:33 - Jul 20 with 1794 viewsEsox_Lucius

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 09:24 - Jul 20 by dmm

Chair & Luongo? Caveat, I may not have seen them on here first. Traore song?

Re Celar for our forthcoming cup runs...
Zan Celar, Celar whatever will be will be
he'll get us to Wemberlee
Zan Celar, celar?
[Post edited 20 Jul 9:38]

The grass is always greener.

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 09:38 - Jul 20 with 1776 viewsBklynRanger

Thanks Clive. We must have one or two on here familiar with the Swiss Super League? Would love to hear how they feel that compares with the Championship.

But in the spirit of the title, we swapped a 21 year old, who was going for free in 12 months time and on a 1 in 15 goal scoring ratio, with a 25 year old on just under a 1 in 2 ratio.

Considering Armstrong's contract situation, the only way this could turn out to not be such a good move is if Sincs goes to Bristol and hits the kind of form that would have carried us into the playoffs.

I very much doubt that will happen, and even if it does he might not have done it with us if he'd stayed and run down his contract. So all seems very positive at this stage.
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 09:45 - Jul 20 with 1749 viewslondonscottish

On balance, looks like an upgrade. Happy with that.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 10:05 - Jul 20 with 1714 viewsterryb

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 20:42 - Jul 19 by Rangersw12

Do find it a bit strange that there hasn't been any quotes from Marti about this signing

Don't know anything about him but little bit worried about the comment that he doesn't create much by himself

Looking forward to seeing him in action though and we will have to give him time to bed in

The "doesn't create much by himself" comment.

I would argue that moving into the correct position to have goalscoring chances is self creation.
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 11:19 - Jul 20 with 1562 viewsParkRoyalR

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 08:10 - Jul 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is he our first Slovenian?

Edit: No he is not (Jan Mlakar)
[Post edited 20 Jul 8:49]

Mlakar was above him in the pecking order in the Slovenian squad.
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 11:45 - Jul 20 with 1499 viewsLeedsR

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 09:33 - Jul 20 by Esox_Lucius

Chair & Luongo? Caveat, I may not have seen them on here first. Traore song?

Re Celar for our forthcoming cup runs...
Zan Celar, Celar whatever will be will be
he'll get us to Wemberlee
Zan Celar, celar?
[Post edited 20 Jul 9:38]

Zan Celar, Celar,
He came from Slovenia,
He’s scoring for QPR (we hope)
Zan Celar, Celar
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 11:59 - Jul 20 with 1459 viewsCateLeBonR

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 11:45 - Jul 20 by LeedsR

Zan Celar, Celar,
He came from Slovenia,
He’s scoring for QPR (we hope)
Zan Celar, Celar

He’s Slovenian
He was signed by the R’s this season
With money from Brian Tinnian
He’s Zan Celar
[Post edited 20 Jul 12:09]
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 12:02 - Jul 20 with 1435 viewsw7r

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 22:12 - Jul 19 by Fearless

Here you go Clive

You deserve a pint for that link!

First DVD I bought and played through my newly acquired dvd player and surround sound system early 00’s.

What a film, what a tune to open with.

Saturday night sorted, thanks!
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 12:28 - Jul 20 with 1358 viewsBristolR

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 11:59 - Jul 20 by CateLeBonR

He’s Slovenian
He was signed by the R’s this season
With money from Brian Tinnian
He’s Zan Celar
[Post edited 20 Jul 12:09]

The Brian Tinnion line is genius 👏

I’m feeling strangely positive about this whole close season…what’s not to like? And my Brizzle mates are already somewhat dismayed by the Armstrong move, much fun
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 12:31 - Jul 20 with 1348 viewsQPunkR

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 09:24 - Jul 20 by dmm

I kept trying to get the C is for Cookie chant going in the Q Block back in the day, to no avail

QPR - "shit but local"

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 12:41 - Jul 20 with 1307 viewsBklynRanger

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 12:31 - Jul 20 by QPunkR

I kept trying to get the C is for Cookie chant going in the Q Block back in the day, to no avail

I remember that as being fairly popular.

Have been wondering for a while now if it would be sacrilege to resurrect it!
[Post edited 20 Jul 13:23]
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 15:57 - Jul 20 with 1030 viewsMatch82

I'll throw my hat into the song ring with one to the tune of ob-la-di ob-la-da

Rangers went shopping in the marketplace
Celar was a forward overseas
Celar said to Rangers "boy I like your place"
And Rangers said we'd like to sign you please

Zan Celar, Zan Celar, Zan Celar
La La La La Zan Celar
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 17:32 - Jul 20 with 944 viewsqueensparker

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 12:31 - Jul 20 by QPunkR

Been a bit gutted “Paal the Dutchie on the left hand side” never caught on
As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 20:00 - Jul 20 with 814 viewsstainrods_elbow

As one door closes, a Celar door opens – Signing on 09:38 - Jul 20 by BklynRanger

Thanks Clive. We must have one or two on here familiar with the Swiss Super League? Would love to hear how they feel that compares with the Championship.

But in the spirit of the title, we swapped a 21 year old, who was going for free in 12 months time and on a 1 in 15 goal scoring ratio, with a 25 year old on just under a 1 in 2 ratio.

Considering Armstrong's contract situation, the only way this could turn out to not be such a good move is if Sincs goes to Bristol and hits the kind of form that would have carried us into the playoffs.

I very much doubt that will happen, and even if it does he might not have done it with us if he'd stayed and run down his contract. So all seems very positive at this stage.

I don't want to rain on our parade, but that's a 25 year old averaging a goal every other game in a so-called 'Super League' where he's actually been playing in front of home crowds of barely 4,000 in a competition, I suspect, for which 'super' is a breach of Trades Descriptions in any country. He may or may not be 'the answer' at Champ level, but I don't expect Zan C, Frey and Dykes between them to make us suddenly and swashbucklingly free-scoring. We outscored three teams last season, and looking to this one, we all know Dykes will struggle to get into double figures, while, for me, Frey huffs and puffs but just doesn't look the full ticket, as well as seeming slowish and injury-prone, and I think will do likewise. Ergo, that puts the onus very much on the new boy to hit the ground running

Perhaps I'm erring on the glum side even for me, and maybe Kolli or even Alfie might rock up to the party and pitch in, but I did feel against Spuds today, though we had a few 'situations' as Sints said, and encouraging though some of our other vital signs may have been, our edge still looked worryingly less than truly cutting.

What do others think?
[Post edited 21 Jul 22:17]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024