Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers: So Is That It? 18:56 - Jul 16 with 6821 viewsDylanP

We entered the off-season knowing that our most important weakness that needed to be addressed in the offseason was at the striker position. And yet nothing. Nada. Zilch. Nobody in. Nobody out. Same old, same old.

Maybe Armstrong is a year more mature? Maybe the Dev Squad will throw up a gem?

However you polish a turd, it’s still a turd!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Strikers: So Is That It? on 18:58 - Jul 16 with 4226 viewsHoopstar

This will be a fair criticism on 1st September.

A lot of time before then.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:04 - Jul 16 with 4144 viewsstevec

If we do go with what we’ve got up front we can probably kiss goodbye to Martí.

On that basis I’m 100% certain we’ll bring in one or two forwards in the next month.
[Post edited 16 Jul 19:06]
Strikers: So Is That It? on 19:07 - Jul 16 with 4143 viewsLandshark

This has been the same for the last 2/3 summers at least. Everyone knows it's the issue we need addressing. Unfortunately cheap or free strikers are not easy to find.

I'm sure the club are working hard to find a striker but it's not that easy.
Strikers: So Is That It? on 19:17 - Jul 16 with 4065 viewsOakR

I suspect we are waiting to see if we get an offer for JCS, or get any Eze money.

Whilst we might miss out on a bargain, I think it's worth the risk to see if we can have more to spend as a good striker could really transform our season.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Strikers: So Is That It? on 19:17 - Jul 16 with 4065 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Decent strikers don’t grow on trees, especially for teams trying to respect FFP. No criticism for the club here from me.

I’ll be more worried if some Eze money comes in and we fail then.
Strikers: So Is That It? on 19:17 - Jul 16 with 4064 viewsJuzzie

6 weeks to go, patience young Padawan.
Strikers: So Is That It? on 19:27 - Jul 16 with 4014 viewsaston_hoop

Its 16th July

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Strikers: So Is That It? on 19:54 - Jul 16 with 3875 viewsNorthernr

Looking forward to tomorrow’s transfer deadline.
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers: So Is That It? on 20:11 - Jul 16 with 3759 viewsNed_Kennedys

Mid July is far too early to be worrying about this.
Sure there will be things happening in the background to get new forwards in.
Strikers: So Is That It? on 20:22 - Jul 16 with 3695 viewskensalriser

Strikers: So Is That It? on 19:27 - Jul 16 by aston_hoop

Its 16th July

Bloody hell. Time to panic. There are important friendlies coming up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Strikers: So Is That It? on 20:36 - Jul 16 with 3612 viewsBurnleyhoop

Armstrong and Dykes currently being touted for possible departures, which fills me with apathy.

More interested in seeing what a fit and ready Frey and Kolli can bring to the table.

A lot can happen between now and the end of August so no use tying yourself up in knots worrying about it.
Strikers: So Is That It? on 20:41 - Jul 16 with 3595 viewscolinallcars

It's an oft-told story, but when you have v little money to spend you'll likely have to wait towards the end of the window to see what's left.
Strikers: So Is That It? on 21:27 - Jul 16 with 3340 views222gers

“Yes, good morning. QPR football club here. Could I speak with Mr Martin please ?”
Strikers: So Is That It? on 22:15 - Jul 16 with 3186 viewsNed_Kennedys

Strikers: So Is That It? on 20:36 - Jul 16 by Burnleyhoop

Armstrong and Dykes currently being touted for possible departures, which fills me with apathy.

More interested in seeing what a fit and ready Frey and Kolli can bring to the table.

A lot can happen between now and the end of August so no use tying yourself up in knots worrying about it.

Kolli is not a striker though.
Strikers: So Is That It? on 22:26 - Jul 16 with 3133 viewsNorthernr

If we get to the first game in September with Frey and Kolli as our main striker options you can have my badge.
Strikers: So Is That It? on 22:29 - Jul 16 with 3116 viewsLblock

Strikers: So Is That It? on 19:07 - Jul 16 by Landshark

This has been the same for the last 2/3 summers at least. Everyone knows it's the issue we need addressing. Unfortunately cheap or free strikers are not easy to find.

I'm sure the club are working hard to find a striker but it's not that easy.

Millwall seem to have found one

Brizzle City Sioke look like they might have a target

We as a club just always seem to stock up on midfielders

I’d trust Mr C’s judgement even if it is Manager wants Manager gets.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Strikers: So Is That It? on 23:04 - Jul 16 with 3005 viewsQuillPenRiot

It’s obvious we play the long game, getting Michi in January so he’d be ready by August
Strikers: So Is That It? on 23:50 - Jul 16 with 2873 viewsqueensparker

What I’ve really enjoyed about this regime is how they’ve landed transfers of players nobody has ever heard of without any leaks beforehand

Relax and let it happen
Strikers: So Is That It? on 00:05 - Jul 17 with 2820 viewsconnell10

Strikers: So Is That It? on 22:26 - Jul 16 by Northernr

If we get to the first game in September with Frey and Kolli as our main striker options you can have my badge.

What is this badge you speak of????

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Strikers: So Is That It? on 01:03 - Jul 17 with 2731 viewsDylanP

Obviously, everyone who says “it’s too early to worry” is right, in a way. But also wrong, in a way.

Clearly, there is plenty of summer to go. But also. When players come in late in the offseason, they don’t get a chance to train with their team mates, acclimatize to the manager's system and quirks, and get their match fitness up, and so on. Then we spend the first month of the season wondering if we got a dud and speculating if we can do better in the January window.

For once I would like to start a season ready to go. We have a manager in place, is it too much to expect a squad as well?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Strikers: So Is That It? on 03:09 - Jul 17 with 2628 viewsQPR_Jim

Strikers: So Is That It? on 01:03 - Jul 17 by DylanP

Obviously, everyone who says “it’s too early to worry” is right, in a way. But also wrong, in a way.

Clearly, there is plenty of summer to go. But also. When players come in late in the offseason, they don’t get a chance to train with their team mates, acclimatize to the manager's system and quirks, and get their match fitness up, and so on. Then we spend the first month of the season wondering if we got a dud and speculating if we can do better in the January window.

For once I would like to start a season ready to go. We have a manager in place, is it too much to expect a squad as well?

As a club we can't buy a striker until we've sold one or both of Dykes and Armstrong otherwise we'd be exposed to FFP if either deal falls through.

We will hopefully be identifying replacements that fit Marti's style of play, so acclimatisation will hopefully be nominal and Frey will be there to lead the line while they get up to speed if not already.

We don't really have much of a choice other than to be patient and wait for the right time.
Strikers: So Is That It? on 08:18 - Jul 17 with 2330 viewslassel

Of course we will sign (more than 1) striker ffs…
Strikers: So Is That It? on 08:26 - Jul 17 with 2288 viewsNed_Kennedys

Strikers: So Is That It? on 03:09 - Jul 17 by QPR_Jim

As a club we can't buy a striker until we've sold one or both of Dykes and Armstrong otherwise we'd be exposed to FFP if either deal falls through.

We will hopefully be identifying replacements that fit Marti's style of play, so acclimatisation will hopefully be nominal and Frey will be there to lead the line while they get up to speed if not already.

We don't really have much of a choice other than to be patient and wait for the right time.

Selling Armstrong will make little difference to FFP as we will get a nominal sum so shouldn’t stop any other purchases.
I also thought we had more financial leeway on FFP this year as a big loss year had dropped out of the calculations?
Strikers: So Is That It? on 08:31 - Jul 17 with 2265 viewsdmm

It's probably worth remembering the loan market which becomes more active as the end of the transfer window draws near.

I'm sure Cifuentes looks a far more attractive proposition than our more recent managers.
Strikers: So Is That It? on 08:48 - Jul 17 with 2200 viewsqprninja

Ah, a BUY A F***ING STRIKER thread. Good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024