Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys 13:09 - Jul 8 with 1763 viewsYrAlarch

Have announced that they will move to St Helens,Swansea from Season 2025/26.
There will be substantial ground improvements, including a 4G pitch.
Not been announced where Swansea CC will move to.
St Helens will be shared with Swansea RFC and Swansea University RFC.

From WR thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/articles/c98q79j7y90o

This post has been edited by an administrator
Ospreys on 13:20 - Jul 8 with 1229 viewsWhiterockin

Common sense has prevailed. With the University and Swansea Council support along with financial backing from Y11 Sports & Media. Hopefully they have a bright future.
Ospreys on 13:25 - Jul 8 with 1213 viewsonehunglow

Great
Swansea team

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ospreys on 13:34 - Jul 8 with 1192 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys on 13:25 - Jul 8 by onehunglow

Great
Swansea team

It really is exciting news for the residents of Swansea. A second quality stadium within the boundaries and a fresh lease of life for the old lady steeped in history.
Ospreys on 13:50 - Jul 8 with 1160 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys on 13:34 - Jul 8 by Whiterockin

It really is exciting news for the residents of Swansea. A second quality stadium within the boundaries and a fresh lease of life for the old lady steeped in history.

Best news I’ve read for years
Test ground is at the very core of Swansea
So much history
So much joy
So many memories

Think I’m gonna cry now

Ospreys on 14:10 - Jul 8 with 1133 viewsBoundy

Great news, a redevelopment of one of my favourite places and the Club remains in Swansea . Hopefully this will be the catalyst to getting bigger crowds and a growth in the game ( not at the Swans expense obviously but the two can run alongside each other comfortably imo )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ospreys on 14:34 - Jul 8 with 1090 viewsLuther27

Ospreys on 13:20 - Jul 8 by Whiterockin

Common sense has prevailed. With the University and Swansea Council support along with financial backing from Y11 Sports & Media. Hopefully they have a bright future.

I hope so as well but I’m not exactly enthused by the WRU constantly making noises about going to 3 regions and the favourite for removal is the most successful region since the formation.
Ospreys on 14:43 - Jul 8 with 1064 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys on 14:34 - Jul 8 by Luther27

I hope so as well but I’m not exactly enthused by the WRU constantly making noises about going to 3 regions and the favourite for removal is the most successful region since the formation.

One would expect that the Ospreys owners have received some guarantees from the WRU before committing to this project.

A quote from Ospreys chief executive Lance Bradley.

“Our investment demonstrates our confidence not only in the plans we have both on and off the pitch, but also our confidence in the future of Welsh rugby and the plans being developed by the Welsh Rugby Union.”
Ospreys on 16:15 - Jul 8 with 982 viewsYrAlarch

Great memories of Rugby Union, Rugby League and Cricket at St Helens.
Perhaps more to come but not of Cricket unfortunately.
Also hosted 'Its a knockout' back in the 70s.
Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys on 16:19 - Jul 8 with 977 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys on 16:15 - Jul 8 by YrAlarch

I well remember Australian RU players jogging on the Prom years back

Ospreys on 16:52 - Jul 8 with 934 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bad news in my opinion. This is shrinkage in a nice new shiney box. All the benefits of shared infrastructure costs lost. They will get 8000 until the novelty wears off then it is back to 3,000. The stadium was not the problem. The rugby was the problem.

The happy clappers love Swansea seafront more than the football team. More loses for the Swans encouraged by the ratepayers and the University.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ospreys on 16:54 - Jul 8 with 933 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys on 16:15 - Jul 8 by YrAlarch

A couple of artists impressions here of the new St Helens stadium.

https://swanseabaynews.com/2024/07/08/st-helens-named-as-new-home-for-ospreys-ru

The council intends to develop the whole area into an elite sports park. It looks like the University links were correct.

https://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/ospreys-announce-st-helens-new-home-stadium
[Post edited 8 Jul 17:01]
Ospreys on 17:15 - Jul 8 with 884 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys on 16:52 - Jul 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Bad news in my opinion. This is shrinkage in a nice new shiney box. All the benefits of shared infrastructure costs lost. They will get 8000 until the novelty wears off then it is back to 3,000. The stadium was not the problem. The rugby was the problem.

The happy clappers love Swansea seafront more than the football team. More loses for the Swans encouraged by the ratepayers and the University.

Not in my opinion though,but I am a Swansea man. You are not.
This is an historic place ,as much as the Vetch was

Ospreys on 17:38 - Jul 8 with 852 viewsYrAlarch

Ospreys on 17:15 - Jul 8 by onehunglow

I apologise, but I have to agree with you again.
Ospreys on 17:45 - Jul 8 with 840 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys on 17:15 - Jul 8 by onehunglow

The proposed development of an elite sports park with St Helens at the centre is incredible news for Swansea. The Ospreys get their ground and the University gets a facility they have been crying out for. Swansea will be lifted again on an academic level. With the University bringing so much money into the city it is a brilliant move by the council, university and Ospreys and should be applauded.
Ospreys on 18:05 - Jul 8 with 802 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys on 17:38 - Jul 8 by YrAlarch

I apologise, but I have to agree with you again.

We could be chums,y know

Ospreys on 20:55 - Jul 8 with 707 viewsReslovenSwan1

It looks cheap and nasty. Where are the hospitality boxes? They are 3 miles up the road in Landore.

This is why is will be ready in 15 months. Knock It up fast and it will last 20 years at most.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Ospreys on 21:17 - Jul 8 with 670 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys on 20:55 - Jul 8 by ReslovenSwan1

It looks cheap and nasty. Where are the hospitality boxes? They are 3 miles up the road in Landore.

This is why is will be ready in 15 months. Knock It up fast and it will last 20 years at most.

You really don't have a clue what is happening in Swansea. I think this development is part of the £132M investment being made by the University and partners to develop Medical Technology and Sports Technology sectors. It is proposed to create another 1,000 jobs on top of the 3,500 directly employed by the University. Also generating £150M for the local economy in the next 10 years. It's not just a couple of stands but a massive project and St Helens is just a part of it. When the big city does something it does it. We are not a little two bit valley village. You need to look at the bigger comercial implications, I have said for a while if it goes to St Helens the University will be going in big time and it looks as if they are.
Ospreys on 21:43 - Jul 8 with 635 viewsmax936

Ospreys on 21:17 - Jul 8 by Whiterockin

You really don't have a clue what is happening in Swansea. I think this development is part of the £132M investment being made by the University and partners to develop Medical Technology and Sports Technology sectors. It is proposed to create another 1,000 jobs on top of the 3,500 directly employed by the University. Also generating £150M for the local economy in the next 10 years. It's not just a couple of stands but a massive project and St Helens is just a part of it. When the big city does something it does it. We are not a little two bit valley village. You need to look at the bigger comercial implications, I have said for a while if it goes to St Helens the University will be going in big time and it looks as if they are.

Be fair anyone who thinks that Peter Hain is a Legend tells you everything you need to know about them, he's a fing Lord now as well ffs.

Nobody I know has a good word to say about Hain.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ospreys on 21:47 - Jul 8 with 627 viewsraynor94

Ospreys on 16:52 - Jul 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Shut up! Keep your doom and gloom in the valleys

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ospreys on 21:54 - Jul 8 with 603 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys on 21:47 - Jul 8 by raynor94

Shut up! Keep your doom and gloom in the valleys

He's clueless mate no understanding of the real world, a major redevelopment up there was when they put the 20mph signs up.
Ospreys on 22:00 - Jul 8 with 572 viewsbuilthjack

How many will it hold?
Who is funding it?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ospreys on 22:34 - Jul 8 with 519 viewsraynor94

Ospreys on 22:00 - Jul 8 by builthjack

How many will it hold?
Who is funding it?

Well it certainly won't be the Welsh government!

Ospreys on 22:45 - Jul 8 with 506 viewsmajorraglan

Ospreys on 22:34 - Jul 8 by raynor94

Well it certainly won't be the Welsh government!

I don’t see why they should fund it.
Ospreys on 22:49 - Jul 8 with 486 viewsraynor94

Ospreys on 22:45 - Jul 8 by majorraglan

I don’t see why they should fund it.

I meant it sarcastically. We are outside of Cardiff

Ospreys on 23:00 - Jul 8 with 472 viewsmajorraglan

Ospreys on 22:49 - Jul 8 by raynor94

I meant it sarcastically. We are outside of Cardiff

👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising