Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train services 17:48 - Jul 6 with 1277 viewsmax936

Lad is making his way back from London and because there's some kind of issue he's had to catch three different trains, then he's been stuck at Chepstow because of idiots on the track and that train now terminates at Newport, the train service isn't fit for purpose and yet it regularly increases its prices, absolute joke of a business.

I may have to go to Newport to pick him up the way its going, ridiculous service for 2024.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Train services on 19:56 - Jul 6 with 1005 viewsLuther27

Unfortunately Max I’ve been a victim of situations like this the last few weeks. Always an excuse and an apology. Billions of pounds over the last 20 years for what.
Train services on 20:28 - Jul 6 with 970 viewsWhiterockin

I think the severn tunnel is closed for maintenance
for a couple of weeks. All trains diverted around Gloucester.
Train services on 20:47 - Jul 6 with 955 viewsLuther27

Train services on 20:28 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

One of the Severn Bridges as well isn’t it?
Train services on 21:45 - Jul 6 with 920 viewsmax936

Train services on 19:56 - Jul 6 by Luther27

Unfortunately Max I’ve been a victim of situations like this the last few weeks. Always an excuse and an apology. Billions of pounds over the last 20 years for what.

I had issues with them when we went to London last November, they're a joke.

Train services on 21:46 - Jul 6 with 919 viewsmajorraglan

Train services on 20:47 - Jul 6 by Luther27

One of the Severn Bridges as well isn’t it?

Yes, there’s a few overnight closures due to resurfacing work.
Train services on 21:50 - Jul 6 with 915 viewsmax936

Train services on 20:28 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

He left Paddington at half 12 and got home just before 7pm, ridiculous cost him around 50 notes with a railcard from east Croydon.

Train services on 21:53 - Jul 6 with 908 viewsmajorraglan

Train services on 21:50 - Jul 6 by max936

He left Paddington at half 12 and got home just before 7pm, ridiculous cost him around 50 notes with a railcard from east Croydon.

Make sure he claims compensation, GWR have a Delay Repay policy.

https://www.gwr.com/help-and-support/refunds-and-compensation/delay-repay
Train services on 22:02 - Jul 6 with 881 viewsWhiterockin

Train services on 21:53 - Jul 6 by majorraglan

Yes claim his fare back.
Login to get fewer ads

Train services on 22:04 - Jul 6 with 886 viewsmax936

Train services on 21:53 - Jul 6 by majorraglan

He's got ankylosing spondylitis as well, he's got ice packs on his knee which is swollen and icepack on his back so being sat on a seat for all that time hasn't helped.
He's a resilient tough old bugger which helps I suppose.

Train services on 11:59 - Jul 7 with 770 views1983

Unfortunately it's years of under investment or should I say wrong investment in the wrong place,modern ideas on Victorian infrastructure, millions of pounds wasted every week, privatisation were money being taken out and the minium is being spend (and not a penny more) as per their contracts. I remember saying on here a very long time ago things will get worse on the railway and this is just the tip.

Train services on 12:08 - Jul 7 with 768 views1983

And make sure he does claim compensation because there are Millions of pounds sitting in the private companies pockets because if it is a Network Rail fault then GWR will get a sh1t load of money in compensation from them and vice versa! the whole system is a con and the money just keeps getting swished around.
One thing train companies don't like is bad publicity get on twitter and complain on there don't rant because they will ignore you keep to the facts because they will have to investigate it.

Train services on 13:18 - Jul 7 with 736 viewsmax936

Train services on 12:08 - Jul 7 by 1983

And make sure he does claim compensation because there are Millions of pounds sitting in the private companies pockets because if it is a Network Rail fault then GWR will get a sh1t load of money in compensation from them and vice versa! the whole system is a con and the money just keeps getting swished around.
One thing train companies don't like is bad publicity get on twitter and complain on there don't rant because they will ignore you keep to the facts because they will have to investigate it.

I claimed after our ridiculous train journey to London back in November, they gimme 14 quid back.
After Emails back and forth I wasn't interested in any compo, just wanted them to recognise that reducing the carriages from 10 to 5 was a ridiculous decision, cause it ended up with far to many people jammed in the isles of all the carriages, and raised the point that it was highly dangerous and said that if the driver had to do an emergency stop would have probably caused serious injuries to passengers and the HSE would be far from impressed.

The response I got was the HSE don't give a figure on the number of people who have to stand, FME's in other words neither could care less.

Train services on 13:44 - Jul 7 with 708 viewsonehunglow

Train services on 13:18 - Jul 7 by max936

I claimed after our ridiculous train journey to London back in November, they gimme 14 quid back.
After Emails back and forth I wasn't interested in any compo, just wanted them to recognise that reducing the carriages from 10 to 5 was a ridiculous decision, cause it ended up with far to many people jammed in the isles of all the carriages, and raised the point that it was highly dangerous and said that if the driver had to do an emergency stop would have probably caused serious injuries to passengers and the HSE would be far from impressed.

The response I got was the HSE don't give a figure on the number of people who have to stand, FME's in other words neither could care less.

And it’s 2024

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Train services on 17:18 - Jul 7 with 664 viewspencoedjack

I blame the government.

Starmer out.
Train services on 18:17 - Jul 7 with 608 viewsonehunglow

Train services on 17:18 - Jul 7 by pencoedjack

I blame the government.

Starmer out.

72 hours and they’ve done bugger all

Train services on 18:26 - Jul 7 with 614 viewsmax936

Train services on 17:18 - Jul 7 by pencoedjack

I blame the government.

Starmer out.

Train services on 18:27 - Jul 7 with 613 viewsmax936

Train services on 18:17 - Jul 7 by onehunglow

72 hours and they’ve done bugger all

Been counting the minutes and the seconds have you

Train services on 18:46 - Jul 7 with 595 viewsonehunglow

Train services on 18:27 - Jul 7 by max936

Been counting the minutes and the seconds have you

lol just a little levity Ste.
Let’s see what the Sept budget brings

Train services on 19:26 - Jul 7 with 584 views1983

Train services on 13:18 - Jul 7 by max936

Can I ask how many minutes were you delayed for as £14 doesn't seem much ?

Reducing to 5 coaches could be for a number of reasons maybe unit fault.
Unfortunately there is no legal limit to how many passengers can travel on any one train and passengers misconception of I paid for a seat is not strictly true in the passengers charter it actually says you're paying for the journey not the seat and trains unlike cars do not come to a halt it will take up to a 1 mile for a train to come to a complete stop, some passengers may fall causing slight injury but serious injury no not really.
[Post edited 7 Jul 19:26]

Train services on 21:36 - Jul 7 with 529 viewsmax936

Train services on 19:26 - Jul 7 by 1983

Unfortunately there is no legal limit to how many passengers can travel on any one train and passengers misconception of I paid for a seat is not strictly true in the passengers charter it actually says you're paying for the journey not the seat and trains unlike cars do not come to a halt it will take up to a 1 mile for a train to come to a complete stop, some passengers may fall causing slight injury but serious injury no not really.

We weren't delayed we didn't have the seats I pre booked couldn't get to the toilet, I was on crutches as well, Lad who booked separately cause he was meeting mates and only travelled with us, had to stand all the way.

Train services on 21:46 - Jul 7 with 508 viewsmajorraglan

Train services on 19:26 - Jul 7 by 1983

My ms and our youngest went up to London on the train a couple of months ago, it was the same 10 carriage train reduced to 5 carriage malarkey. They’d reserved seats etc, but it ended up a free for all and it was a very unpleasant trip, the train was so packed they couldn’t access toilets etc. they complained and got £20 each refunded, but it spoilt the trip.
Train services on 11:04 - Jul 8 with 431 views1983

Unfortunately like I said your not paying for the seats your paying for the journey,some train companies you can't reserve seats. Hopefully with this new lot in and promises of renationalised railway things "may" get better

Train services on 13:31 - Jul 8 with 384 viewshowenjack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13609715/Rail-boss-Britains-biggest-tra
Train services on 13:54 - Jul 8 with 368 viewspencoedjack

Train services on 13:31 - Jul 8 by howenjack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13609715/Rail-boss-Britains-biggest-tra

That is sickening.
Train services on 19:46 - Jul 8 with 308 viewsmax936

Train services on 11:04 - Jul 8 by 1983

Unfortunately like I said your not paying for the seats your paying for the journey,some train companies you can't reserve seats. Hopefully with this new lot in and promises of renationalised railway things "may" get better

I had the option to reserve seats when I was booking and I took up the option, Lad just got in after having a train home from Cardiff which was delayed and then was held up for over 20 mins due to some issue and they've had the cheek to put the fee up by 2 quid!
[Post edited 9 Jul 17:47]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024