Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw Jenkins 13:44 - Jun 20 with 10422 viewsraynor94

Swings the axe again, At Newport County this time

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Huw Jenkins on 21:07 - Jul 16 with 800 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 20:33 - Jul 16 by Dr_Winston

Martinez was gone as soon as Wigan came calling and then spent weeks pretending that he wasn't whilst we spent money helping him scout for his future club.

I'd heard stories about what a thoroughly disingenous individual he was whilst he was still a player so his actions didn't surprise me all that much. Does still surprise me how many people continue to rush to his defence though.

You begin to understand why online scamming is such an industry these days.

His about was Reeves and Hue did not let him go without an additional fee I recall. That summer in came Nathan Dyer and Stephen Dobbie. Wembley heros. Roberto paid a full £2 m for Jason Scotland who was well past his best.

Bitterness never lasts. Huw welcomed him back for the Alan Tate testimonial match which was heart warming to liberals like myself. The bitter folks fix things and cannot look at the big picture. The revel in the concepts of betrayal.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Huw Jenkins on 21:23 - Jul 16 with 782 viewsSullutaCreturned

Huw Jenkins on 21:07 - Jul 16 by ReslovenSwan1

His about was Reeves and Hue did not let him go without an additional fee I recall. That summer in came Nathan Dyer and Stephen Dobbie. Wembley heros. Roberto paid a full £2 m for Jason Scotland who was well past his best.

Bitterness never lasts. Huw welcomed him back for the Alan Tate testimonial match which was heart warming to liberals like myself. The bitter folks fix things and cannot look at the big picture. The revel in the concepts of betrayal.

What exactly does that last paragraph mean? It reads like pure nonsense.
Huw Jenkins on 21:55 - Jul 16 with 742 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 21:23 - Jul 16 by SullutaCreturned

What exactly does that last paragraph mean? It reads like pure nonsense.

It is a sad feature of some fans that the more good people do for the club the more they are despised. Who are the "sell outs" for example. The "Yanks" are actually keeping the clb form going bust.
[Post edited 16 Jul 21:56]

Huw Jenkins on 22:23 - Jul 16 with 712 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw Jenkins on 21:55 - Jul 16 by ReslovenSwan1

It is a sad feature of some fans that the more good people do for the club the more they are despised. Who are the "sell outs" for example. The "Yanks" are actually keeping the clb form going bust.

we should not be in a position where the club is going bust after what was promised in Summer 2016. "next level"

It is the same mistake after mistake; a complete lack of knowledge of the division and not learning from mistakes which is why the club is just drifting - and season ticket sales will show that most fans are a bit fed up at the moment.
Huw Jenkins on 22:57 - Jul 16 with 684 viewsbuilthjack

I think he will do well at Newport.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huw Jenkins on 07:36 - Jul 17 with 610 viewsSullutaCreturned

Huw Jenkins on 21:55 - Jul 16 by ReslovenSwan1

I don't remember ever calling the previous owners sellouts, go and find a post and prove me wrong if you can.
I don't like how they went about the sale and they definitely tried to shaft the trust. The current owners have made many mistakes but I have defended them plenty of times, their first mistake was cuttingtoo much too soon when we came down, that first season was our best chance of going back up. They have made far too many mistakes including putting people with no football knowledge or experience into top positions. Im sure they had hoped promotion would have been achieved by now but their own decisions have been a bit of a spoiler there once or twice.
Apart from a few I think most of us know they have been putting money in to keep the club afloat. They've had to do that or face losing even more money. They didn't buy us with anything except profit in mind, if they do good it's with promotin and profit in mind and not because they want the club to do well for the fans.
Huw Jenkins on 07:48 - Jul 17 with 604 viewswaynekerr55

Huw Jenkins on 22:46 - Jul 13 by Dr_Winston

Apologist, moron or troll?

A combination of all three?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Huw Jenkins on 09:13 - Jul 17 with 581 viewsonehunglow

Why hark back .
It is the future that should concern us
All it leads to is unpleasantness
Think we ve had enough

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Huw Jenkins on 10:34 - Jul 17 with 552 viewsJack11

What is it, 10 new players in. Some non league. Head coach with no managerial experience. Wants to play possession based football in league 2. It's going to be an eventful season at Rodney Parade. I'll be keeping an eye on their results but I'd be surprised if it's anything other than flirting with relegation. Long term I expect Jenkins to do well for them though.
Huw Jenkins on 10:40 - Jul 17 with 549 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins on 10:34 - Jul 17 by Jack11

What is it, 10 new players in. Some non league. Head coach with no managerial experience. Wants to play possession based football in league 2. It's going to be an eventful season at Rodney Parade. I'll be keeping an eye on their results but I'd be surprised if it's anything other than flirting with relegation. Long term I expect Jenkins to do well for them though.

Your first four sentences gave me a flashback to 2002.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins on 12:16 - Jul 17 with 519 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 10:40 - Jul 17 by Dr_Winston

Your first four sentences gave me a flashback to 2002.

If you refer to the 2002/3 season as a whole, Martinez joining in the January was the catalyst. His professionalism on and of the pitch turned the club around completely. What happened in later years is open to discussion but at that point he started the future.
Huw Jenkins on 12:24 - Jul 17 with 507 viewsonehunglow

Huw Jenkins on 12:16 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

If you refer to the 2002/3 season as a whole, Martinez joining in the January was the catalyst. His professionalism on and of the pitch turned the club around completely. What happened in later years is open to discussion but at that point he started the future.

He absolutely was and without him,we’d not have made the promised land
We have much to thank him for
He went to Wigan!
I’ve been there too
Nice kids there,if yiu like that sort of thing .
It’s all about taste really

Huw Jenkins on 12:26 - Jul 17 with 502 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins on 12:16 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

I was referring to the Summer of 2002 where we signed a load of players, all free and some from non-league under a rookie manager who tried to play football in League Two.

I would say that Jackett had more to do with professionalism on/and off the pitch vastly improving. Even Trundle credited him with getting him into the best physical condition of his career. Compared to the mess the club was in during the latter half of Flynn's second season.

Credit Martinez for what he did as a manager for sure. As a player he was far too fond of shit stirring behind the scenes to his mates in the local media.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huw Jenkins on 12:33 - Jul 17 with 482 viewsWhiterockin

Huw Jenkins on 12:26 - Jul 17 by Dr_Winston

I was referring to the Summer of 2002 where we signed a load of players, all free and some from non-league under a rookie manager who tried to play football in League Two.

I would say that Jackett had more to do with professionalism on/and off the pitch vastly improving. Even Trundle credited him with getting him into the best physical condition of his career. Compared to the mess the club was in during the latter half of Flynn's second season.

Credit Martinez for what he did as a manager for sure. As a player he was far too fond of shit stirring behind the scenes to his mates in the local media.

You don't like Martinez that's fine. But I spent a lot of time talking to the players at the time and the way he galvanised the squad and lifted them when confidence was low was outstanding. As for Jackett, to call him second rate is being very generous, I will just leave that there. Flynn should never have been given the job and certainly should not have lasted that long.
Huw Jenkins on 12:51 - Jul 17 with 455 viewsDr_Winston

Huw Jenkins on 12:33 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

You don't like Martinez that's fine. But I spent a lot of time talking to the players at the time and the way he galvanised the squad and lifted them when confidence was low was outstanding. As for Jackett, to call him second rate is being very generous, I will just leave that there. Flynn should never have been given the job and certainly should not have lasted that long.

Probably best to leave it there after describing a manager who came within a penalty shootout of delivering back to back promotions as second rate. Unless you think Martinez deserves credit for that too.

Again, not disparaging what Martinez did as a manager here, but trying to lay all the kudos for our development from 2004 onwards at his feet is whitewashing on a par with that comedy movie. Jack to a King.

Huw Jenkins on 13:21 - Jul 17 with 437 viewsonehunglow

Martinez was a very popular figure .
We had success with him.
When he left,there was a sense of betrayal as we thought he wouldn’t leave us. Bob said as much .
That he did saw fans turn on him.
Understandable . Being jilted hurts

Huw Jenkins on 14:30 - Jul 17 with 328 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins on 13:21 - Jul 17 by onehunglow

Martinez was a very popular figure .
We had success with him.
When he left,there was a sense of betrayal as we thought he wouldn’t leave us. Bob said as much .
That he did saw fans turn on him.
Understandable . Being jilted hurts

Martinez did two seasons. No one has exceeded that in my time following the club unless I am mistaken.

Martinez brought good players and expected HJ to sign them like Jordi Gomez. The club did not have the money.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024