Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone care about international football ? 10:02 - Oct 13 with 2838 viewsKeithHaynes

Personally I enjoy the games, but not he international breaks. Especially this one going back in to a real tough game, probably the hardest at home this season.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Does anyone care about international football ? on 15:27 - Oct 14 with 909 viewsWhiterockin

Does anyone care about international football ? on 15:22 - Oct 14 by jasper_T

He's just scored. Athletically still questions, I think he'll be a later bloomer like DJ/Roberts/Cooper were. Technically good all-rounder, sees the picture, puts a shift in. There's a lot to like.

Love seeing dual-qualified Lewis Koumas celebrating so passionately. No secret England have been trying to get him and Charlie Crew for themselves. Luke Harris was the same yesterday for the u21s, they're make to feel a part of a group and hopefully it makes a difference down the line.

Thank you.
Does anyone care about international football ? on 15:59 - Oct 14 with 881 viewsWhiterockin

Does anyone care about international football ? on 15:21 - Oct 14 by Whiterockin

Well he's just scored 1-0.

1-1 full time.
Does anyone care about international football ? on 16:12 - Oct 14 with 844 viewsjasper_T

Does anyone care about international football ? on 17:26 - Oct 14 with 814 viewsReslovenSwan1

Does anyone care about international football ? on 22:14 - Oct 13 by jasper_T

I'd have hooked Rubin earlier, he was having no effect on the game. Tough first half especially carrying two luxury midfielders against a very strong Czech Rep. team who were experts and finding space for one another between the lines.

The u21s have been getting some great results with a pretty average crop of players. We used to lose every away game in the Page/Bodin days, and they had more talent to work with. This group have to make up for technical deficiencies with last ditch, bodies on the line defending, and some outright filthy play that should have seen two sent off (Beck's leg breaker and Ashworth standing on a lad's head... naturally both whinged and moaned as if they'd been wronged by the situations).

Their keeper made some great saves but Josh will have to be disappointed with his effort.

I have seen Colwill dominate three u21 games his mere presence. Scotland 3-0 Denmark (A) 2-2 ad Lithuanian (A) 3-2. Matt Jones let Denmark off the hook with some poor substitutions against 9 men. He should have switched to a high press and killed them off. He lost the final 10-15 mins 0-1 v nine men. Too nice perhaps. A draw will do.

It is Jones's job to get him firing. He had to come back into his own half to get involved. Czechs were very good as you day finding space between the lines. Welsh underage teams cannot do this it seems. Playing with fear and poor coaching.

You believe this is an average crop with a good coach. I believe it is a very good crop with an average coach. He has his team playing at a pedestrian tempo. The Welsh way is 20 mph max. I have seen some pretty awful u21 teams and this is a much better crop. Beck's tackle was not a last ditch desperation but was just stupid.

Bodin and Page had the likes Cameron Coxe, Waite, Arron Lewis, Rhys Hughes, Tommy Taylor. Billy Sass Davies and Morgan Boyes and Dan Williams to work with.

Josh Thomas improved his finishing markedly last season but needs to focus in such situations.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Does anyone care about international football ? on 20:03 - Oct 14 with 765 viewsjasper_T

Does anyone care about international football ? on 17:26 - Oct 14 by ReslovenSwan1

I have seen Colwill dominate three u21 games his mere presence. Scotland 3-0 Denmark (A) 2-2 ad Lithuanian (A) 3-2. Matt Jones let Denmark off the hook with some poor substitutions against 9 men. He should have switched to a high press and killed them off. He lost the final 10-15 mins 0-1 v nine men. Too nice perhaps. A draw will do.

It is Jones's job to get him firing. He had to come back into his own half to get involved. Czechs were very good as you day finding space between the lines. Welsh underage teams cannot do this it seems. Playing with fear and poor coaching.

You believe this is an average crop with a good coach. I believe it is a very good crop with an average coach. He has his team playing at a pedestrian tempo. The Welsh way is 20 mph max. I have seen some pretty awful u21 teams and this is a much better crop. Beck's tackle was not a last ditch desperation but was just stupid.

Bodin and Page had the likes Cameron Coxe, Waite, Arron Lewis, Rhys Hughes, Tommy Taylor. Billy Sass Davies and Morgan Boyes and Dan Williams to work with.

Josh Thomas improved his finishing markedly last season but needs to focus in such situations.

We're a small nation and every group will include players that don't make it at the top level. The core of Page's squad in 2017 was remarkable, most have become full internationals and played PL or upper-Championship football. It will be wonderful for us if this u21s group meets the same standard but I can't see it happening.

Maybe a little unfair to Bodin, he did inherit a bit of a dip, but that's why I said it's an average crop not an awful one. If Josh Thomas matches Broadhead and Brennan Johnson then I'll send an apology card Paul's way.

There's more quality in the 2004/05/06 group than what's currently leading the u21s. Plenty to be optimistic about.
Does anyone care about international football ? on 20:39 - Oct 14 with 754 viewsReslovenSwan1

Does anyone care about international football ? on 20:03 - Oct 14 by jasper_T

We're a small nation and every group will include players that don't make it at the top level. The core of Page's squad in 2017 was remarkable, most have become full internationals and played PL or upper-Championship football. It will be wonderful for us if this u21s group meets the same standard but I can't see it happening.

Maybe a little unfair to Bodin, he did inherit a bit of a dip, but that's why I said it's an average crop not an awful one. If Josh Thomas matches Broadhead and Brennan Johnson then I'll send an apology card Paul's way.

There's more quality in the 2004/05/06 group than what's currently leading the u21s. Plenty to be optimistic about.

Beech , Beck, Pat Jones, Josh Thomas, Crew, Ashford, Ed Turns are all talented players.

Luke Harris, Savage, Joe Low, Rubin Colwill and Jordan James are already in ot near the first team.

The u21 are getting good results with ugly football.

Does anyone care about international football ? on 21:46 - Oct 14 with 737 viewsjasper_T

Does anyone care about international football ? on 20:39 - Oct 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Beech , Beck, Pat Jones, Josh Thomas, Crew, Ashford, Ed Turns are all talented players.

Luke Harris, Savage, Joe Low, Rubin Colwill and Jordan James are already in ot near the first team.

The u21 are getting good results with ugly football.

If everyone was available it would look a stronger squad, but past squads have probably had it even worse. Crew probably would have been moved up if they'd known Savage would be kept with the seniors. Ed Turns withdrew to play for Leyton Orient instead. Been impressed with Joe Low in recent u21s camps but he turns 22 in February and isn't playing at the same level Rodon, Mepham, Cabango were at that age. Pat Jones has had a lot of injuries, as has Josh to be fair to him. Colwill is still on the fringes at Cardiff, another who turns 22 this season. A long way now from the hype as a teenager.

Crew is 2006. Harris 2005. Their time will come. The younger u21s like Ashford, Cotterill, Watts, Congreve can look forward to the next campaign when the group will hopefully be significantly stronger overall. Koumas, Morgan, Issaka, Lloyd, Lewys Benjamin, Lawlor. Like the look of Katsukunya at centre half. If Jordan James hits a rough patch he'll still be eligible for the 2027 Euros as well (2004).
Does anyone care about international football ? on 22:01 - Oct 14 with 728 viewsraynor94

Personally not at all

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone care about international football ? on 23:30 - Oct 14 with 686 viewsbuilthjack

Does anyone care about international football ? on 07:50 - Oct 14 by ThurrockJack92

I am English and didn't take issue with the comment, maybe I am missing some subtext though.

Perchy doesn’t like us Welsh for some reason.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Does anyone care about international football ? on 10:28 - Oct 15 with 612 viewsonehunglow

Does anyone care about international football ? on 10:39 - Oct 14 by KeithHaynes

I have predominantly Irish blood with a smattering of Welsh.
Unlike our American friends I have little desire to follow the Republic, nor claim some form of descendency or a passport which I could easily do.

I’m pure Welsh as were my parents and grandparents,who were welsh speakers.
Doesn’t make you a good person ,as is obvious with me .

Builth a place where I turn left go over a bridge over the river then get the hell out of it all.
Proper welsh,see .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Does anyone care about international football ? on 11:18 - Oct 15 with 580 viewstrampie

Does anyone care about international football ? on 10:39 - Oct 14 by KeithHaynes

I have predominantly Irish blood with a smattering of Welsh.
Unlike our American friends I have little desire to follow the Republic, nor claim some form of descendency or a passport which I could easily do.

Nationality is just an accident of birth

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Does anyone care about international football ? on 15:28 - Oct 15 with 513 viewsReslovenSwan1

Does anyone care about international football ? on 10:28 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

I’m pure Welsh as were my parents and grandparents,who were welsh speakers.
Doesn’t make you a good person ,as is obvious with me .

Builth a place where I turn left go over a bridge over the river then get the hell out of it all.
Proper welsh,see .

i think I understand where you are coming from a little.

My ancestors lived in a different time, where money was very tight and the priority was putting food on the table and surviving with 5-6 kids to feed. You relate this to Welsh culture. All those that left this behind did well with a good basic work ethic and much better possibilities. Those that stayed continued to struggle.

My old man a dour sort of fellow (still going somehow) would have been delighted to have two sons. I understand his thought process.. "Dau Gwas" to work shovelling shit on the farm. I too reject this dead end rural lifestyle of no ambition. No wages paid and nothing in inheritance. Hardly ever a 'thank you' either. It was "expected".

Of course it was only a little better in the English urban areas where there were other social problems like drink and gambling and now drugs.

I do not waste my time questioning my ancestors. I have very little in common with them in reality. I do not relate this to anything particularly Welsh. It is actually seen i all rural lifestyles. "Gwas" means both "farmworker" and 'slave'. I am sure my father was at the hospital asking if it was a 'merch' or a 'gwas' when i popped out.

My Auntie was sent to live with a relative. She apparently resented this. In reality it was the best thing that could happen to her as I explained to her daughter who now resides in a townhouse in Pimlico.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 15:34]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024