Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Silverstein 10:53 - May 25 with 8411 viewsKeithHaynes

Your personal thoughts ?

Is he not the focal point for the future ? And pretty much a sensible head to steer the club ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jake Silverstein on 11:37 - May 25 with 5071 viewsguthrieintherain

Don't know much about him to be honest Levein Kaplan Silverstein all seem much of the same.

But I thought that's why Coleman was brought in.

All seems a bit odd at the moment like trying to do a jigsaw with half the pieces missing.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Jake Silverstein on 12:26 - May 25 with 4971 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea need someone to be the "protector of the faith" the Brendan Martinez Potter Martin trajectory. Silverstein called Martin a "progressive visionary" or something similar so must understand what the club its trying to achieve. This is why they bought the club.

He was hands on at the club and has around £5m invested in the club 25 times what the fans ownership invested. I hope he does not take what he sees on social media as representative of the fans.

In his interview with the Trust he used the A word. 'Administration'. I noted it straight away. These guys do not need to take shite off bone heads if they do not want to and can walk away. He engages with the fans like Coleman did and get pounded on social media.

Levien is a more used to fans idiocy and brushes it off with self depreciation. "Yo cannot get rid of us that easily" with a wry smile.

Fans wanted investment and got it. Fans wanted to see US guy hands on and got it. Now they want the love shown by Reynolds and his 'Yank' mate. I have recommend that Kaplan Levien Coleman and Silverstein form a barbershop quartet and take some singing lessons.

I love a bit ob Barbershop myself actually.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jake Silverstein on 15:17 - May 25 with 4746 viewsnantywatcher

Where's Dr P - he used to talk as if they were bosom pals?
Jake Silverstein on 16:19 - May 25 with 4679 viewsKeithHaynes

Jake Silverstein on 15:17 - May 25 by nantywatcher

Where's Dr P - he used to talk as if they were bosom pals?

Busy elsewhere atm.

Jake Silverstein on 16:31 - May 25 with 4640 viewsDr_Winston

Can't say that I have any strong feelings about him one way or another, but I've generally had trouble working up the sense of outrage about all the rest of them too.

He, Kaplan & Co have not actively worked to enrich themselves at the expense of the supporters like the previous incumbents, but neither have they done a particularly good job of running the club either. The willingness to at least pay lip service to sustainability does him and the others credit. That's about the best I can say.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jake Silverstein on 17:58 - May 25 with 4520 viewsmax936

Jake Silverstein on 16:19 - May 25 by KeithHaynes

Busy elsewhere atm.

There's one of two more I'd happily see joining him

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jake Silverstein on 18:28 - May 25 with 4473 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein on 16:31 - May 25 by Dr_Winston

Can't say that I have any strong feelings about him one way or another, but I've generally had trouble working up the sense of outrage about all the rest of them too.

He, Kaplan & Co have not actively worked to enrich themselves at the expense of the supporters like the previous incumbents, but neither have they done a particularly good job of running the club either. The willingness to at least pay lip service to sustainability does him and the others credit. That's about the best I can say.

"He, Kaplan & Co have not actively worked to enrich themselves at the expense of the supporters like the previous incumbents".

The previous incumbents were a revelation. League 2 to Premier league and back to the championship with a top of the range infrastructure and a thriving academy. A strong philosophy the Bluebird dream of and a trophy in the cabinet more recently than West Ham Spurs and Newcastle.

The fans should be very happy with them abut are not very worldly and sophisticated. Morgan Jenkins and the other fellow did not really make much money out of it considering their achievements. Swansea does not even have an international airport.

You may be talking about the Supporters Trust of course. They won the pools and did not want to submit their winning ticket for reasons I cannot understand.

Jake Silverstein on 20:20 - May 25 with 4367 viewsQJumpingJack

Personal view.
Silverstein's interview with the Trust was very underwhelming in early February.

Does anyone know if those messages on Reddit were his? If yes - then very unprofessional and it needs addressing by Jason and Coleman.
Login to get fewer ads

Jake Silverstein on 20:36 - May 25 with 4327 viewsKeithHaynes

Jake Silverstein on 20:20 - May 25 by QJumpingJack

Personal view.
Silverstein's interview with the Trust was very underwhelming in early February.

Does anyone know if those messages on Reddit were his? If yes - then very unprofessional and it needs addressing by Jason and Coleman.

Twitter and Reddit were Silverstein, but possibly in the best interest.

Jake Silverstein on 21:58 - May 25 with 4195 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein on 20:20 - May 25 by QJumpingJack

Personal view.

Fans want engagement and honesty and he has matched Martin's. Silverstein had a look of a man that realised he had made a mistake investing in a club supported by bunch of stone cold losers that earnestly believe the Trust could run the club. (laughable in my opinion).

Martin stated in a press conference after falling out with Obafemi and Patterson spectacularly that he needed help "up top".

The club gave him the league 1 best player at the time Whittaker. Martin in a dismal run told the world the return of Whittaker was nothing to do with him. He promptly sidelined him again.

This was a revelation and will not have amused the ownership at all. He broke rank at the worst of time for him. He also fell out with Silverstein, Levien and Kaplan. That makes three strikers including Whittaker and three owners.

Kaplan then turned up in March and had words with Martin and Winter. Swansea were heading for an unexpected relegation battle. I imagine Kaplan was quite blunt.

Martin then stated he struggled after the "January fiasco" when most teams in the championship did very little trading. Why should he struggle? Sheff Utd pushing for PL did not sign anyone either. Martin had Whittaker and Walsh coming back .

I do not see Silverstein's comments and unprofessional at all. He is called a "Yank" every week which is disrespectful for a man that has invested 25 times more that the useless Trust have ever invested over 21 years.

Who do the fans respect.? Practically no one. Jenkins No Morgan No Dineen No. Winter No Pearlman No. They quite liked Birch who had the full squad line up in front of BLM logo. (an appalling error of judgement) They do not respect their own organisation either after they failed to follow the member's dumb ass recommendation and risk bankrupting itself.

To top it off, the fans laid into Coleman on his first day after a harmless post.

I remind fans Swansea City is an excellent club with excellent prospects no debts and a thriving academy and excellent infrastructure. It is not 2002 where series of LOCAL owners had led the club into decay playing a stadium I regarded as a health hazard. It is the fans who need to up their game not the owners.

Is it because they are foreigners.? I reckon it is.

Jake Silverstein on 22:28 - May 25 with 4132 viewsPrettySheetyCity

Jake Silverstein on 21:58 - May 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Fans want engagement and honesty and he has matched Martin's. Silverstein had a look of a man that realised he had made a mistake investing in a club supported by bunch of stone cold losers that earnestly believe the Trust could run the club. (laughable in my opinion).

Martin stated in a press conference after falling out with Obafemi and Patterson spectacularly that he needed help "up top".

The club gave him the league 1 best player at the time Whittaker. Martin in a dismal run told the world the return of Whittaker was nothing to do with him. He promptly sidelined him again.

This was a revelation and will not have amused the ownership at all. He broke rank at the worst of time for him. He also fell out with Silverstein, Levien and Kaplan. That makes three strikers including Whittaker and three owners.

Kaplan then turned up in March and had words with Martin and Winter. Swansea were heading for an unexpected relegation battle. I imagine Kaplan was quite blunt.

Martin then stated he struggled after the "January fiasco" when most teams in the championship did very little trading. Why should he struggle? Sheff Utd pushing for PL did not sign anyone either. Martin had Whittaker and Walsh coming back .

I do not see Silverstein's comments and unprofessional at all. He is called a "Yank" every week which is disrespectful for a man that has invested 25 times more that the useless Trust have ever invested over 21 years.

Who do the fans respect.? Practically no one. Jenkins No Morgan No Dineen No. Winter No Pearlman No. They quite liked Birch who had the full squad line up in front of BLM logo. (an appalling error of judgement) They do not respect their own organisation either after they failed to follow the member's dumb ass recommendation and risk bankrupting itself.

To top it off, the fans laid into Coleman on his first day after a harmless post.

I remind fans Swansea City is an excellent club with excellent prospects no debts and a thriving academy and excellent infrastructure. It is not 2002 where series of LOCAL owners had led the club into decay playing a stadium I regarded as a health hazard. It is the fans who need to up their game not the owners.

There’s a fair bit of prolix and hyperbole in there I don’t agree with, but I tend to agree with the core of your post Res.

The Owners take some flak online which I think crosses the line. Our fans clamour for more engagement, but then complain when the owners do engage because they don’t trust them. They’re caught in a catch 22.

I think some need to realise that if they want the owners gone, there needs to be a buyer willing to commit £20-£30m to purchase the Club, and then demonstrate to the EFL that they can cover the shortfall (circa £17m) for two seasons by submitting business plans. Effectively you need to find someone who suffers from abject stupidity to be willing to commit £64million towards a loss leading championship club over three years in the hope you win the lottery and gain promotion, and in return you get abuse. I can’t imagine there’s many of those people around, and we may just find ourself in a Wigan situation…
Jake Silverstein on 00:46 - May 26 with 4037 viewsguthrieintherain

Jake Silverstein on 22:28 - May 25 by PrettySheetyCity

There’s a fair bit of prolix and hyperbole in there I don’t agree with, but I tend to agree with the core of your post Res.

The Owners take some flak online which I think crosses the line. Our fans clamour for more engagement, but then complain when the owners do engage because they don’t trust them. They’re caught in a catch 22.

I think some need to realise that if they want the owners gone, there needs to be a buyer willing to commit £20-£30m to purchase the Club, and then demonstrate to the EFL that they can cover the shortfall (circa £17m) for two seasons by submitting business plans. Effectively you need to find someone who suffers from abject stupidity to be willing to commit £64million towards a loss leading championship club over three years in the hope you win the lottery and gain promotion, and in return you get abuse. I can’t imagine there’s many of those people around, and we may just find ourself in a Wigan situation…

100 % correct good post sir

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Jake Silverstein on 13:56 - May 26 with 3717 viewsEagleEye

He talked the talk when he first rolled into town. Gone very quiet since. Maybe the operating loss has knocked the stuffing out of him & put his investment in to perspective
[Post edited 26 May 2023 13:58]
Jake Silverstein on 15:03 - May 26 with 3655 viewseddie71

No its because the club has gone backwards under thier ownership. We will continue to go backwards without prudent investment.

The only prospect of the owners getting any money back is that we get promotion. Andy Coleman has mentioned this is his aim. Continually degrading the playing squad is not going to it long term. So whats the plan Andy ?
[Post edited 26 May 2023 15:04]
Jake Silverstein on 15:31 - May 26 with 3635 viewsEagleEye

Pure speculation + uninformed opinion + selective use of media resources = Absolute dross.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 12:35]
Jake Silverstein on 15:39 - May 26 with 3630 viewsKeithHaynes

Jake Silverstein on 15:03 - May 26 by eddie71

No its because the club has gone backwards under thier ownership. We will continue to go backwards without prudent investment.

The only prospect of the owners getting any money back is that we get promotion. Andy Coleman has mentioned this is his aim. Continually degrading the playing squad is not going to it long term. So whats the plan Andy ?

He’s doing as he is told for now.

Jake Silverstein on 18:24 - May 26 with 3512 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein on 15:03 - May 26 by eddie71

It is not easy to stay in the PL and it seems tom e the fans are bunch of whingers looking for someone to blame. Staying in the Premier league is not easy . Foreigners are an easy target. Swansea will go up an down like they always have. Without US investors Swnsea would be league 1 or 2.

Go off and find Welsh people with £60m to spare for a football club. US people take risks Welsh do not.

Ask Leeds and Leicester and Southampton.

Jake Silverstein on 18:33 - May 26 with 3510 viewseddie71

Jake Silverstein on 18:24 - May 26 by ReslovenSwan1

It is not easy to stay in the PL and it seems tom e the fans are bunch of whingers looking for someone to blame. Staying in the Premier league is not easy . Foreigners are an easy target. Swansea will go up an down like they always have. Without US investors Swnsea would be league 1 or 2.

Go off and find Welsh people with £60m to spare for a football club. US people take risks Welsh do not.

Ask Leeds and Leicester and Southampton.

I could ask them or I could ask Bornemouth or Brentford both with smaller gates who would take us to the cleaners on and off the pitch.

Your devotion to the owners is touching though so you crack on with that as the club goes backwards.
Jake Silverstein on 18:35 - May 26 with 3507 viewstheloneranger

Sheffield United didn't sign anyone in January, because they were under a Transfer Embargo!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Jake Silverstein on 21:19 - May 26 with 3397 viewsKeithHaynes

Jake Silverstein on 18:35 - May 26 by theloneranger

Sheffield United didn't sign anyone in January, because they were under a Transfer Embargo!!

Had the players already tho.

Jake Silverstein on 21:32 - May 26 with 3377 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jake Silverstein on 21:19 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

Managers never have enough players. Heckingbottom did what he had to do embargo or no embargo.

Martin downed tools for a period and it cost the club. He also messed up the relationship with the owners who sent him Whittaker. Silverstein had a few months earlier called him a visionary.

6 or 7 other cubs only signed one loan player.

Jake Silverstein on 08:56 - May 27 with 3222 viewsmagicdaps10

Jake Silverstein on 15:39 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

He’s doing as he is told for now.

Which doesn't bode well for the future even taking his silly little outburst into account.

These yanks need to pull their socks up because it's becoming groundhog day, let's get a bit proactive hey guys!
Sitting and waiting is for excuse makers.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Jake Silverstein on 09:21 - May 27 with 3193 viewsDr_Winston

Jake Silverstein on 21:19 - May 26 by KeithHaynes

So did we.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jake Silverstein on 09:45 - May 27 with 3174 viewsKeithHaynes

Jake Silverstein on 09:21 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

So did we.

In some positions, they had a strong squad and the extra miles in them when replacements from within the squad were needed.

Jake Silverstein on 09:52 - May 27 with 3166 viewsBadlands

Jake Silverstein on 09:45 - May 27 by KeithHaynes

In some positions, they had a strong squad and the extra miles in them when replacements from within the squad were needed.

So did we, or the final 9 games wouldn't have yirlded 23 points with no lossses.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024