Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post Office (Royal Mail) Strike Delivery Priorities 09:04 - Dec 6 with 1544 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

My friendly postman informs me that parcels are now taking a priority over letters in Swansea. Letters are only likely to be delivered if there is a parcel for the same address.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2022 14:39]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 09:17 - Dec 6 with 1529 viewsWhiterockin

Are people in a rush for letters these days, anyone posting birthday cards ect post them early anyway because of the disruption.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 09:46 - Dec 6 with 1516 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 09:17 - Dec 6 by Whiterockin

Are people in a rush for letters these days, anyone posting birthday cards ect post them early anyway because of the disruption.

Yes, non urgent mail can be managed easily but things like bank pin numbers and driving licences etc. are still delivered by letter.

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 09:54 - Dec 6 with 1506 viewsmagicdaps10

Been issues with delivery companies, I am waiting on 6 parcels from Evri that were ordered between 27th Nov to 1st December, all meant to be delivery within 48hrs.

Its fun and games out there 🙈

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 10:04 - Dec 6 with 1493 viewsBest_loser

What was supposed to kill off the mail service , the internet , has killed it in the not many letters are sent anymore , most business mail is just confirmation of what's been done online and the massive amounts of junk mail has gone online now , but the killer is also keeping it afloat in the form of parcels delivered from online sales
Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 10:14 - Dec 6 with 1487 viewsBoundy

Hospital appointments of which I suspect many still expect to receive and if you've ever tried the appointments phone line expect a long wait and I mean hours

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 10:17 - Dec 6 with 1485 viewspencoedjack

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 09:46 - Dec 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, non urgent mail can be managed easily but things like bank pin numbers and driving licences etc. are still delivered by letter.

I still have loads of crap from the council (in both Welsh & English) I presume that helps RM.
Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 13:02 - Dec 6 with 1440 viewsKeithHaynes

A bit off thread but our postman in Gloucester was called Keith.
Obviously he knew all the Keith’s in his area from deliveries.
He arranged a coach trip to Scotland for a coachload of Keith’s to go and watch Keith play.

Thirty two Keith’s. It was carnage 😂⚽️
Two got arrested. Hilarious.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 13:27 - Dec 6 with 1422 viewsFireboy2

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 13:02 - Dec 6 by KeithHaynes

A bit off thread but our postman in Gloucester was called Keith.
Obviously he knew all the Keith’s in his area from deliveries.
He arranged a coach trip to Scotland for a coachload of Keith’s to go and watch Keith play.

Thirty two Keith’s. It was carnage 😂⚽️
Two got arrested. Hilarious.

All the keiths I know are buffoons 🤪
Login to get fewer ads

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 16:35 - Dec 6 with 1367 viewsKeithHaynes

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 13:27 - Dec 6 by Fireboy2

All the keiths I know are buffoons 🤪

I know mate, lucky my first name is Nicholas 😂

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 07:37 - Dec 8 with 1279 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Not sure why this thread is call "Post Office" strike when it is Royal Mail workers that are on strike. They are two different companies.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 09:28 - Dec 8 with 1258 viewswaynekerr55

Yes as legal stuff works on the "postal rule"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 16:34 - Dec 8 with 1218 viewsCatullus

I thought people knew this? Roayl mail has already tried to stop letter delivery on weekends, the letters side of the business loses money so they want to concetrate on parcels.

We dont get letters for days on end then we get 4/5 at a time. Thing is if they are actually doing this it breaches their licence because they are legaly bound to deliver all due mail within a timeframe, next working day for 1st class and up to 3 days fr secoond class.

I got an appointment letter from the NHS recently, it was dated 10 days before I got it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 16:54 - Dec 8 with 1210 viewsSTID2017

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 09:54 - Dec 6 by magicdaps10

Been issues with delivery companies, I am waiting on 6 parcels from Evri that were ordered between 27th Nov to 1st December, all meant to be delivery within 48hrs.

Its fun and games out there 🙈

Had a dispute recently with Evri.
They insisted several times they had delivered a parcel at a certain time on a Saturday evening when I was in a show at Swansea Arena.
I live on my own, so unless the dog has learned to unlock the door, then didn't have it.
Eventually, out of the blue it was delivered.
Three days later another two parcels were being delivered by Evri between 1 and 3 according to an email.
They turned up at 1.10
Inconsistent but hopefully learning from the feedback i gave them !!

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 17:16 - Dec 8 with 1192 viewsBoundy

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 16:34 - Dec 8 by Catullus

I thought people knew this? Roayl mail has already tried to stop letter delivery on weekends, the letters side of the business loses money so they want to concetrate on parcels.

We dont get letters for days on end then we get 4/5 at a time. Thing is if they are actually doing this it breaches their licence because they are legaly bound to deliver all due mail within a timeframe, next working day for 1st class and up to 3 days fr secoond class.

I got an appointment letter from the NHS recently, it was dated 10 days before I got it.

This morning I received my appointment letter for a CT scan which took place on the 28th November . I was lucky, the receptionist phoned me the week before to see if I could make the appointment but ?

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 18:24 - Dec 8 with 1175 viewsCatullus

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 17:16 - Dec 8 by Boundy

This morning I received my appointment letter for a CT scan which took place on the 28th November . I was lucky, the receptionist phoned me the week before to see if I could make the appointment but ?

I've had a phone call cancelling an appointment (apparently at the last minute) when I never got the original appointment letter, it didn't even turn up after the appointment was cancelled. She was very apologetic, told her I knew nothing about it and she was even more apologetic!

I have also been told I missed an appointment I didn't know I had.

I used to be a postman, the state of Royal mail right now is shocking

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 19:09 - Dec 8 with 1167 viewsBoundy

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 18:24 - Dec 8 by Catullus

I've had a phone call cancelling an appointment (apparently at the last minute) when I never got the original appointment letter, it didn't even turn up after the appointment was cancelled. She was very apologetic, told her I knew nothing about it and she was even more apologetic!

I have also been told I missed an appointment I didn't know I had.

I used to be a postman, the state of Royal mail right now is shocking

Not a good combination a failing Health service and a communication provider with a limited service . I had similar from the appointments office and cancelling an appointmentI never knew I had but this time by letter

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 19:14 - Dec 8 with 1165 viewsTogg

They were pretty blinking quick delivering my letter from Pontypridd
Informing me, that I was caught doing 35 mph in a 30 mph area. Then equally as quick delivering the letter of admittance.
Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 19:35 - Dec 8 with 1155 viewsJack123

Post Office Strike Delivery Priorities on 16:34 - Dec 8 by Catullus

I think they must be keeping mail back, had a load of mail delivered today, one letter I knew was sent Friday 1st class, what's the point of buying a first class stamp anymore, if they have no intention of delivering it the next day.

libera nos a malo

Post Office (Royal Mail) Strike Delivery Priorities on 14:44 - Dec 9 with 1090 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

My wife phoned a supplier to order some dressmaking fabric this morning. She was offered the choice of Royal Mail, DHL or Hermes. In the past the supplier just sent stuff through Royal Mail.
Hermes was the least expensive.

Post Office (Royal Mail) Strike Delivery Priorities on 14:50 - Dec 9 with 1080 viewsSTID2017

Post Office (Royal Mail) Strike Delivery Priorities on 14:44 - Dec 9 by JACKMANANDBOY

My wife phoned a supplier to order some dressmaking fabric this morning. She was offered the choice of Royal Mail, DHL or Hermes. In the past the supplier just sent stuff through Royal Mail.

Hermes is Evri now.
Hope for the best, expect the worst.
That way you may be pleasantly surprised

Post Office (Royal Mail) Strike Delivery Priorities on 15:23 - Dec 9 with 1069 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Post Office (Royal Mail) Strike Delivery Priorities on 14:50 - Dec 9 by STID2017

Hermes is Evri now.
Hope for the best, expect the worst.
That way you may be pleasantly surprised

She opted for DHL, like you we have had variable experiences from Hermes/EVRI

Post Office (Royal Mail) Strike Delivery Priorities on 19:45 - Dec 9 with 1016 viewsKeithHaynes

Post Office (Royal Mail) Strike Delivery Priorities on 14:44 - Dec 9 by JACKMANANDBOY

Had two bad experiences with Hermes. Losing parcels, and 200 vinyl from my band destined for Germany.

Oddly enough 3 months later the vinyl then all appeared on eBay in Poland.

Post Office (Royal Mail) Strike Delivery Priorities on 21:09 - Dec 9 with 999 viewsSTID2017

Post Office (Royal Mail) Strike Delivery Priorities on 19:45 - Dec 9 by KeithHaynes

Had two bad experiences with Hermes. Losing parcels, and 200 vinyl from my band destined for Germany.

Oddly enough 3 months later the vinyl then all appeared on eBay in Poland.

Did they claim they had been delivered ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024