Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) 11:56 - Oct 20 with 20848 viewsRs_Holy

according to sky sports!!!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 11:57]
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 15:34 - Oct 20 with 2809 viewsstainrods_elbow

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 15:30 - Oct 20 by hantssi

I think heโ€™d find something to criticise the board about even if we won the Prem!!

I am happyish, overall, don't worry. Ther's so much to applaud this season, and I have applauded it. However, my critical observations around this week stand; the two things aren't mutually exclusive. It's called perfectionism, and, if anything, comes from an excess of love/passion. All the best people have it, I hear. :-)
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 3:55]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 15:41 - Oct 20 with 2770 viewsNW5Hoop

Glad he's staying, but I wouldn't take this as anything other than he thinks he can get a better job, with a better-run club, than Wolves. Which he more or less said: "It has to be the right opportunity, the right moment and the right club.โ€ Carry on the way he's doing, and it'll be sooner rather than later.
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 15:47 - Oct 20 with 2727 viewscolinallcars

It was touch and go apparently but we offered him luncheon vouchers and that did the trick.
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 15:47 - Oct 20 with 2721 viewsTheChef

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 15:41 - Oct 20 by NW5Hoop

Glad he's staying, but I wouldn't take this as anything other than he thinks he can get a better job, with a better-run club, than Wolves. Which he more or less said: "It has to be the right opportunity, the right moment and the right club.โ€ Carry on the way he's doing, and it'll be sooner rather than later.

Hopefully by the end of the season and if we achieve promotion, we can be all of those things.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 16:00 - Oct 20 with 2638 viewsterryb

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 14:40 - Oct 20 by stainrods_elbow

Why? Beale's the one who's decided to stay, if confirmed. . . for now. Which is very good news for the season, hopefully. The questions arond MB's contract and medium/long-term thinking remain.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 14:48]

Deleted as already covered.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 16:03]
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 16:10 - Oct 20 with 2565 viewsGreenbay

Well Mick Beale has done the right thing.
And I'm delighted.
In fact more than that - thrilled.
In my post last night of 2226 of October 19 on the Mick Beale thread I mentioned respect, loyalty and integrity.
Whether Mick has done the right thing regarding those three things - well who really knows, despite his interview (on the Mick Beale thread at 1517) this afternoon.
He did say 'loyalty and integrity' was important and that he wanted - regarding the project 'to see it through'.
Very, very encouraging.
But he could have said no to Wolves on Tuesday or yesterday.
But he decided not to.
And it leaves a bit of a nasty taste.
His decision today, just an hour or so before Liz Truss quit, means he could have turned Wolves down much earlier and saved everybody, owners, management, players and us fans all that unnecessary anguish.
But in that interview he said he's new in this job as a No.1 - almost wanting a little forgiveness.
Well he has my forgiveness.
What perhaps may have turned his thinking in staying was last night's victory over Cardiff. His players - despite such weak opposition - played for him, themselves and us.
When he walked around the pitch after the whistle and received the acclamation of the fans perhaps it struck him and confirmed for him - what a brilliant 'little' club we are.
Indeed in his interview afterwards - he looked tired and a bit red-eyed.
I think us fans and of course his players and of course the backing of our management team did make the difference - yesterday and this morning.
We will never know but I'm convinced we all helped.
So MB will surely be here to stay for the rest of the season.
He will see his team develop and hopefully a top 6 spot or automatic promotion.
This squad is certainly a fine bunch of players.
I can't really see MB poached before the season ends.
I hope MB tells his agent - that he just wants to concentrate on QPR.
And maybe if - and a big if - there is promotion - he would have succeeded in what he has said publicly - he would be managing a Premiership club, the players - bar our loanees unless they are bought - will play in the Premiership and we the fans will just love it.
Can you imagine what the players are feeling right now? Jubilation.
The 'boss' is staying - we are all confident - and the promotion dream is reachable.
As many people on this thread has said - ok - it's done - he stays - and now we look forward to Wigan at home on Saturday and hopefully strengthen our top of the table status.
So no grudges Mick - do the best you can, keep the attractive football ticking, and just keep making our side better and better.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 16:16]
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 16:16 - Oct 20 with 2529 viewscollegeranger

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 13:26 - Oct 20 by BlackCrowe

Just went onto Molineuxmix...mein gott their fans are delusional...they actually think they are giants.

Half tempted to join that forum and suggest that Liz Truss is available!
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 16:41 - Oct 20 with 2379 viewsswitchingcode

Very sensible decision by him and should be remembered if tough periods come along.
Login to get fewer ads

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 16:51 - Oct 20 with 2331 viewsdenhamhoop2

Very glad at this news but do not be surprised if other clubs keep coming back for him. Just like our players it is a positive that other clubs think they are worthwhile taking from us. Just like Chair Willock Dieng and Dickie enjoy them whilst they are here and wish them well when someone comes to take them off our hands.
Mick Beale was highly rated in football before he came to us but had never been the number 1 before and now it looks like he can do the job his potential future is only going to get brighter
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 16:58 - Oct 20 with 2273 viewsRanger_Things

DOH!

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 17:27 - Oct 20 with 2154 viewsMalintabuk

Be interesting to see the turnout for Saturday. Top of the league.... a very winnable game... great news with MB staying..... playing some great football........ young and very likable team......would live to see the old girl rocking with 16k plus.....
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 17:33 - Oct 20 with 2104 viewsMick_S

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 16:58 - Oct 20 by Ranger_Things

DOH!

Weavie, is that you?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 17:36 - Oct 20 with 2059 viewsCamberleyR

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 15:47 - Oct 20 by colinallcars

It was touch and go apparently but we offered him luncheon vouchers and that did the trick.

Plus his swivel chair to take home at weekends and Mrs Hoos' recipe for Ratatouille.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 20:02 - Oct 20 with 1737 viewsdavman

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 13:46 - Oct 20 by Loftgirl

I remember it too. Wolves is not Barcelona though.

No they're not, but if you do remember that time, Venables had offers from Tottenham and Arsenal before Barcelona came calling and after their offers he came on to the tannoy at LR to say he would not be leaving for Tottenham or Arsenal. He was true to his word, but still f'd off to Spain.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 20:09 - Oct 20 with 1687 viewsStreathamRanger

We could really do with Villa being a bit less shit. Currently getting a good going battering by Fulham. They look hopeless
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 20:14 - Oct 20 with 1648 viewscolinallcars

Mick Beale staying is the best news I've had in this crappy year.
He's got a brother in America called Automo, y'know.
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 20:15 - Oct 20 with 1643 viewsthemodfather

well done beale,for showing LOYALTY . the footy we are playing is some of the best in many years, we are top of our league on a small budget, well done lads.
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 20:22 - Oct 20 with 1624 viewsWatfordR

I'm beginning to feel that none of this was ever about MB going to Wolves, and it's clear from his interview today that he won't be going anywhere this season.

Was he making a point to our players about being "all-in" with QPR? Was he "encouraging" our Board to find funds for a push in the January window?

Whatever, it's all good news.
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 22:14 - Oct 20 with 1393 viewsswisscottage

Villa Fans chanting 'You're getting sacked in the morning' at Gerrard tonight.

How long before we get more speculation linking Beale to Villa, if Gerrard does get sacked.
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 22:29 - Oct 20 with 1366 views08olesen

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 20:22 - Oct 20 by WatfordR

I'm beginning to feel that none of this was ever about MB going to Wolves, and it's clear from his interview today that he won't be going anywhere this season.

Was he making a point to our players about being "all-in" with QPR? Was he "encouraging" our Board to find funds for a push in the January window?

Whatever, it's all good news.

Just hope we push on now and stay in automatics. Not sure I could deal with the nerves for playoffs..wishfull thinking I will admit.

Regarding January, I am not actually sure we need much, perhaps some cover for Paal and back up for Lyndon. Rob Dickie is sitting on the bench along with Amos, two of our best players last year..shows we have some depth.

Poll: Who will the other play off

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 22:49 - Oct 20 with 1285 viewsgobbles

Gerrard sacked! Wonder who they might approach?
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 22:54 - Oct 20 with 1274 viewsqueensparker

Theyโ€™re not going to sack Gerrard and then go out and try and get his old number two. It will be new broom time at Villa now, they were hardly pulling up trees last season anyway.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 22:54]
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 01:25 - Oct 21 with 1129 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Nothing further to add, just thought this thread looks best at the top! BUMP...
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 02:28 - Oct 21 with 1066 viewsLoftgirl

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 15:47 - Oct 20 by colinallcars

Shame Cynthia Payne is no longer with us.
BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 02:33 - Oct 21 with 1063 viewsLoftgirl

BEALE STAYS!!! (n/t) on 22:49 - Oct 20 by gobbles

Gerrard sacked! Wonder who they might approach?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024