Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The revolution 18:14 - Sep 9 with 1708 viewsWalterBoyd

Over 50% of office workers just want to work 3 days a week back in the office 'Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday'.

Have Fridays and Mondays working from home. Long weekends.

Lots of councils , businesses may not even go back to three days if any at all intbe office.

Thoughts, are workers as productive at home as when in work? Should they be paid less ?

This post has been edited by an administrator
The TW#T revolution on 18:25 - Sep 9 with 1683 viewspikeypaul

3 days a week? You'll be lucky if the lazy fecker public sector ever do that long again,but obviously they still want full pay,how else will they afford their 11am spliff sat in their boxer shorts watching Netflix whilst scratching their stinking rsoles?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The TW#T revolution on 18:38 - Sep 9 with 1682 viewsCatullus

The TW#T revolution on 18:25 - Sep 9 by pikeypaul

3 days a week? You'll be lucky if the lazy fecker public sector ever do that long again,but obviously they still want full pay,how else will they afford their 11am spliff sat in their boxer shorts watching Netflix whilst scratching their stinking rsoles?

Which public sector bod upset you then?

My wife already has her routine set, she works from home Mon, Thurs and Friday, goes into the office Tues and and Weds and otherwise they just ask her to be flexible if anybody is off sick or on hols.

To answer you, Pikey, she's actually been more productive at home than she was in the office. Her manager has commented on it. She doesn't wear boxers or smoke but she does have a ludicrous amout of cups of tea. I make those for her though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The TW#T revolution on 19:49 - Sep 9 with 1611 viewsThurrockJack92

The TW#T revolution on 18:25 - Sep 9 by pikeypaul

Each to their own but a spliff actually helps my productivity, just have to insist on keeping the camera off in zoom meetings.
The TW#T revolution on 19:59 - Sep 9 with 1601 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I've split my time between work and home for years. I get all my writing, research, thinking and preparation done in half the time at home. At work I get to talk things through and do the more confidential bits of work.

I save about 6 hours of commuting each week and about £15 in petrol.

I'm a bit of a twit sometimes, but we all are.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The TW#T revolution on 20:15 - Sep 9 with 1578 viewsmagicdaps10

Sorry but working from home is an absolute joke and anyone states that they work for the same amount of hours at home as they would in the workplace is not being true with you but also themselves.

Its a joke!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The TW#T revolution on 20:33 - Sep 9 with 1557 viewsbritferry

I only work Tuesdays in the office, as I leave, I think my colleagues use an Acronym meaning "C U Next Tuesday"

not all of the above is true

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The TW#T revolution on 20:37 - Sep 9 with 1554 viewsCatullus

The TW#T revolution on 20:15 - Sep 9 by magicdaps10

Sorry but working from home is an absolute joke and anyone states that they work for the same amount of hours at home as they would in the workplace is not being true with you but also themselves.

Its a joke!

Speak for yourself. My wife is always looged on early, rarely has a full lunch break and is often a bit late logging off. It saves time commuting and over 100 quid per month in petrol money and as I already said, she's been more productive too.

I can't and won't speak for everybody who works from home though.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The TW#T revolution on 20:44 - Sep 9 with 1549 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Its a joke!

I observe a strict regime of starting work at 8:30 and finishing at 17:00 at home to keep a distinction of work and home.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

The TW#T revolution on 22:23 - Sep 9 with 1484 viewsmajorraglan

Its a joke!

I have mixed and matched home working and work placed working over the last 18 months, I have found that I have worked longer hours, got more done and achieved more working at home. There were less interruptions and distractions at home and I saved time and money commuting, but i actually preferred being in work as WFH can be quite isolating.
I suspect there are a good number of people who took the p... and for that reason it’s important that managers know the characters and work ethic of the people in their teams.
The TW#T revolution on 22:24 - Sep 9 with 1482 viewsbuilthjack

Some will do the same, or even more work.
Others will take the pee, like the Council fella down the road, who seems to spend most days out walking or shopping, or golfing. Hes got to be on a good whack too.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The TW#T revolution on 22:41 - Sep 9 with 1465 viewsmagicdaps10

The TW#T revolution on 20:37 - Sep 9 by Catullus

Speak for yourself. My wife is always looged on early, rarely has a full lunch break and is often a bit late logging off. It saves time commuting and over 100 quid per month in petrol money and as I already said, she's been more productive too.

I can't and won't speak for everybody who works from home though.

So if she had to go back to a workplace then she would instantly lose over £100 a month!?
Fully understand how people are happy with being better off and if I were in the same position then I would try convincing people the benefits of myself working from home.

Think people need to get back for a routine, well being and I fear the knock on effect for others who do not see that money from those who are working from home are now saving.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 22:50]

The TW#T revolution on 22:49 - Sep 9 with 1453 viewsmagicdaps10

The TW#T revolution on 22:23 - Sep 9 by majorraglan

I have mixed and matched home working and work placed working over the last 18 months, I have found that I have worked longer hours, got more done and achieved more working at home. There were less interruptions and distractions at home and I saved time and money commuting, but i actually preferred being in work as WFH can be quite isolating.
I suspect there are a good number of people who took the p... and for that reason it’s important that managers know the characters and work ethic of the people in their teams.

It's all down to personal experience as pointed out, my own experience is that most and its far too many have taken the mickey. I know of small businesses and individuals who are in the shiite from not having that flow of workers putting money their way as they are no longer travelling or are regulary or even not all in a workplace.....unfortunately those people now working from home seem to realise they are better off and will now want to go back because it will hit their finances.

Can only speak from my own experiences but I think a workplace and a regular routine benefits the majority more and that includes those people who would prefer to work from home, mental health and not spending too much time at home is better than saving a few quid a week.

The TW#T revolution on 23:04 - Sep 9 with 1438 viewsWalterBoyd

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9973441/Are-TW-T-Nickname-spend-Tuesday

Personally I think working from home is different for each individual, depending on so many factors.

There are so many possible pros:
Less travelcost, less miles on car, more time at home, see more of family, more flexible hours, less office gossip, more productive for some, less stressful for some, less commuting can mean more time for hobbies and interests., better for the planet ? Etc

Lots of possible cons: work output drops for many, lethargy, no structure, work and family life merge and overlap, sometimes longer hours, seeing more of family , can be isolating if live alone, mental health and wellbeing could be knocked, job prospects and career progression could reduce, not see colleagues - the ones you like, less help to solve work problem etc

Some companies can probably accept less output due to less costs for them, no or less office / building rent in some cases.

Works for some companies and individuals and a complete disaster for others. That's life.
The TW#T revolution on 09:51 - Sep 10 with 1349 viewsonehunglow

We look after our grandchildren on Mondays.
We are at son's house for 8.00 to get kids ready for school and take them and then collect at lunchtime. Then give them lunch.
Both my on and his wife stay upstairs in their offices and we do not see them apart from lunchtime which is strictly 30 mins.

We don't see them again until 5pm.

They go to the factory 2 times a week .

It is a discipline and clearly the future as my son says

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The TW#T revolution on 15:10 - Sep 10 with 1287 viewsKilkennyjack

Less travel to work is good for the planet.

This is quite important unless you like floods, fires and extreme weather.

Beware of the Risen People

The TW#T revolution on 16:08 - Sep 10 with 1259 viewsSPboy

With all these public sector workers being more efficient & working all those additional hours, I am looking forward to our council tax going up by something less than the rate of inflation 🤣
The TW#T revolution on 20:29 - Sep 10 with 1170 viewsCatullus

The TW#T revolution on 22:41 - Sep 9 by magicdaps10

So if she had to go back to a workplace then she would instantly lose over £100 a month!?
Fully understand how people are happy with being better off and if I were in the same position then I would try convincing people the benefits of myself working from home.

Think people need to get back for a routine, well being and I fear the knock on effect for others who do not see that money from those who are working from home are now saving.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 22:50]

Well being, actually that's why she is allowed to work from home 3 days a week permanently. She has epilepsy and when going into the office she had regular siezures (yes in the office, disrupting the whole office and upsetting colleagues), there was consideration given to a medical redundancy. Since working from home she hasn't had any siezures, hasn't missed any days due to epilepsy and as I said has been more productive. It's not her convincing anybody about anything. When she requested working from home her manager looked into it and on the basis of fewer sick days and higher productivity, said yes.

Part of her daily routine includes taking our dog for a walk in her lunch break which is relaxing and healthy, her well being is vastly improved. her mental health has improved. It has to be taken case by case but what you said in your original post I found to be misinformed. Everybody is different.

The TW#T revolution on 20:35 - Sep 10 with 1161 viewsWalterBoyd

The TW#T revolution on 20:29 - Sep 10 by Catullus

Well being, actually that's why she is allowed to work from home 3 days a week permanently. She has epilepsy and when going into the office she had regular siezures (yes in the office, disrupting the whole office and upsetting colleagues), there was consideration given to a medical redundancy. Since working from home she hasn't had any siezures, hasn't missed any days due to epilepsy and as I said has been more productive. It's not her convincing anybody about anything. When she requested working from home her manager looked into it and on the basis of fewer sick days and higher productivity, said yes.

Part of her daily routine includes taking our dog for a walk in her lunch break which is relaxing and healthy, her well being is vastly improved. her mental health has improved. It has to be taken case by case but what you said in your original post I found to be misinformed. Everybody is different.

Catullus you have got to be one of the best posters on this site. Very open, honest and interesting posts. I genuinely look out for them.
The TW#T revolution on 20:38 - Sep 10 with 1158 viewsonehunglow

The TW#T revolution on 20:35 - Sep 10 by WalterBoyd

Catullus you have got to be one of the best posters on this site. Very open, honest and interesting posts. I genuinely look out for them.

He is but I taught him all his knows

The TW#T revolution on 20:41 - Sep 10 with 1156 viewsWalterBoyd

The TW#T revolution on 20:38 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

He is but I taught him all his knows

Mmmm

The TW#T revolution on 20:43 - Sep 10 with 1154 viewsonehunglow

The TW#T revolution on 20:41 - Sep 10 by WalterBoyd

Mmmm

He did my Correspondence course in how to be loved .

[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 20:45]

The TW#T revolution on 20:55 - Sep 10 with 1137 viewsCatullus

The TW#T revolution on 20:35 - Sep 10 by WalterBoyd

Thank you

The TW#T revolution on 20:56 - Sep 10 with 1132 viewsCatullus

The TW#T revolution on 20:43 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

He did my Correspondence course in how to be loved .

[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 20:45]

I still haven't paid for that, do you accept bitcoin

The TW#T revolution on 21:00 - Sep 10 with 1129 viewsonehunglow

The TW#T revolution on 20:56 - Sep 10 by Catullus

I still haven't paid for that, do you accept bitcoin

lol.
Ive not even gone decimal mun

The TW#T revolution on 22:12 - Sep 10 with 1104 viewsCatullus

The TW#T revolution on 21:00 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

lol.
Ive not even gone decimal mun

Just as well, I don't have any bitcoin.

WHat about Satsumas? I have some of them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024