Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread 11:22 - Mar 1 with 35642 viewsDorse

It was 1874 and Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw was reeling after being laid off from Bickerthwaites Clog Factory after 10 years service.
'Unemployed. On t'scrag 'eap at the age o' 17' he sighed to Hector his faithful whippet as he trudged wearily down roads that would later be copyrighted by Hovis.* Even putting another ferret down his trousers couldn't lift his gloom. It helped but only briefly. It were no good. He'd heard that a young man of action could make his fortune down int' that there London - mebbe there'd be a place for a lad such as him, a hearty cherub of a lad with only a hint of tuberculosis, a squint and an orthapaedic clog. He packed his bag, said goodbye to his 19 siblings and got onto the first train South...

Today, visitors from Barnsley are equally as dazzled by the sights, sounds and smells of that there London. The running water. The electricity. The complete lack of incesant brass band music. It all adds up to a heady assault on the senses. And yet, the hopes and dreams of Zebediah Ivanhoe Scrimshaw are still very much evident in the coal-streaked faces of the Barnsley team that come looking for fame, glory or a chip and gravy barm cake. As manager Valerian Ismael says 'It'd be easer for a Grimethorpe pigeon fancier t' gerrint Belper whippet racin' club'house than t' gerra win theer'.

2-0 Rangers.

* Even though they were actually in Shaftesbury.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:42 - Mar 3 with 1886 viewsNov77

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:41 - Mar 3 by Malintabuk

Do you think we went for the wrong Dike/Dykes

Dick van dyke?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:43 - Mar 3 with 1871 viewsR_from_afar

A second monster throw from Dykes. They are pretty dangerous

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:43 - Mar 3 with 1851 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Why hasn't Dykes been taking throws previously?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:44 - Mar 3 with 1841 viewsMalintabuk

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:42 - Mar 3 by Nov77

Dick van dyke?

Wouldnit be luvly
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:44 - Mar 3 with 1791 viewsVancouverHoop

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:43 - Mar 3 by R_from_afar

A second monster throw from Dykes. They are pretty dangerous

Yeah, with a bit more practice could be a handy weapon.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 3 with 1782 viewsdutch

Did somebody on here earlier say Barnsley play good football? This might be the ugliest version of kick and rush I've seen since the school playground. Long ball, frenetic, nasty anti-football. Effective but horrible to watch. Hoofball with a high press.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 3 with 1738 viewsVancouverHoop

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:43 - Mar 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

Maybe he wasn't asked to?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 3 with 1744 viewsjoolsyp

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:39 - Mar 3 by stevec

Good game this

Very enjoyable to watch - interesting styles - despite the scoreline.
Login to get fewer ads

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:46 - Mar 3 with 1690 viewsdutch

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 3 by joolsyp

Very enjoyable to watch - interesting styles - despite the scoreline.

I hope you're joking
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:46 - Mar 3 with 1686 viewsNov77

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:45 - Mar 3 by dutch

Did somebody on here earlier say Barnsley play good football? This might be the ugliest version of kick and rush I've seen since the school playground. Long ball, frenetic, nasty anti-football. Effective but horrible to watch. Hoofball with a high press.

They might be the fittest team I’ve seen in a while, they haven’t given us a second, closing down all over the pitch.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:47 - Mar 3 with 1618 viewsjoolsyp

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:46 - Mar 3 by dutch

I hope you're joking

Why would I be joking?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 3 with 1602 viewsted_hendrix

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:31 - Mar 3 by Toast_R

Where would we be without Austin? And to think some fans thought loaning him in was a bad move

In the bottom three I reckon.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 3 with 1554 viewspaulparker

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:47 - Mar 3 by joolsyp

Why would I be joking?

This is awful
Whose enjoying this ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:49 - Mar 3 with 1487 viewskarl

You can't see it on TV but that keeper has to be vulnerable playing so far up behind his defence?
Charlie definitely has the quality to catch him out if he gets a chance
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:49 - Mar 3 with 1489 viewsstevec

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:43 - Mar 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

Don’t know but it works on every level.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:51 - Mar 3 with 1377 viewsNov77

HT. we’ve hit the bar, the post, and Dykes ‘dykesed’ one wide, we could be 4-2 up but we’ve been second best,

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:52 - Mar 3 with 1349 viewsBklynRanger

A real dang a lang a ding dong
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:52 - Mar 3 with 1325 viewskarl

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 3 by paulparker

This is awful
Whose enjoying this ??

It settled down and got a bit scrappy but up till their 2nd goal it was exciting harem skarem football with good quality play in it.
It was enjoyable and probably reminiscent of the 80s
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:52 - Mar 3 with 1322 viewsdutch

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:47 - Mar 3 by joolsyp

Why would I be joking?

Because this is incoherent football, a million miles an hour, hoofball that is giving me a headache. Good luck to them it works, but certainly not good to watch. It's school playground kick and rush and we have no answer to it.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:53 - Mar 3 with 1283 viewsMalintabuk

And breathe..... to say thatcwas high tempo is not giving high tempo justice
Barnsley are like blue bottles on ecstasy they are all over you like a rash in seconds... no time to even think let alone react
Think they just about deserve to be ahead simply for the class of that FK
Hard to be critical of us as it must be hell to play a team that are hyper like Barnsley
Surely they must tire a little or does 60 mins of kick and rush go over to 30 mins of sh!thousery
Be an interesting next 45 mins
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:53 - Mar 3 with 1279 viewsjoolsyp

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 3 by paulparker

This is awful
Whose enjoying this ??

In the context of most lockdown games I've watched this is high energy, end to end stuff, good chances at both ends, goals ... and Barnsley are a damn good side (remind me of Brentford the way they press and attack). I don't think we've been that bad it's just that Barnsley have been very good. Perhaps you're not giving them enough credit?
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:53 - Mar 3 with 1277 viewsBklynRanger

This is awful
Whose enjoying this ??

Blessed are the cheesemakers
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:55 - Mar 3 with 1225 viewsNov77

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:52 - Mar 3 by dutch

Because this is incoherent football, a million miles an hour, hoofball that is giving me a headache. Good luck to them it works, but certainly not good to watch. It's school playground kick and rush and we have no answer to it.

Pitch doesn’t help, it’s lively with almost as much bounce as our old plastic one. Very hard to play on when teams are closing down all over the pitch.

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:55 - Mar 3 with 1224 viewsdutch

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:53 - Mar 3 by joolsyp

In the context of most lockdown games I've watched this is high energy, end to end stuff, good chances at both ends, goals ... and Barnsley are a damn good side (remind me of Brentford the way they press and attack). I don't think we've been that bad it's just that Barnsley have been very good. Perhaps you're not giving them enough credit?

Brentford play good football (wash my mouth out) this is neanderthal football on speed.
The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:55 - Mar 3 with 1213 viewspaulparker

The Really Early 'FredManRave Made Me Do It' Barnstoneworth United Match Thread on 19:52 - Mar 3 by karl

It settled down and got a bit scrappy but up till their 2nd goal it was exciting harem skarem football with good quality play in it.
It was enjoyable and probably reminiscent of the 80s

We have been chasing shadows this half
They are fitter, and have lot more pace and bite than any of our players , we are getting the run around

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024