Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Runners - Racing to Europe 12:53 - Feb 19 with 1905 viewsNorthernr

Guys, the QPR Runners group are competing against other London clubs in a virtual race across Europe. There's a fundraising page, all going to the Community Trust, help out if you can...

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl
QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 13:04 - Feb 19 with 1851 viewslondonscottish

Lobbed on.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 13:22 - Feb 19 with 1816 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Done.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 14:07 - Feb 19 with 1748 viewsTonto

thanks for putting this link on Clive!

And thank you even more to those who have donated or will do so int he future. It will help inspire us to complete it!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 14:17 - Feb 19 with 1727 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 14:07 - Feb 19 by Tonto

And thank you even more to those who have donated or will do so int he future. It will help inspire us to complete it!

Well done, Tonto!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 14:38 - Feb 19 with 1686 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 14:17 - Feb 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Well done, Tonto!

Are Brentford competing in this?

No doubt they’ll be the best team you’ve ran against all year ...

Poll: Expectations for this season?

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 16:33 - Feb 19 with 1557 viewslondonscottish

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 14:07 - Feb 19 by Tonto

All the best with it.

It's a really good cause.

And you'll be putting the miles in......

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 18:39 - Feb 19 with 1458 viewsnix

Sorted. Good luck everyone.
QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 11:47 - Feb 20 with 1324 viewsNoelmc

Just donated.

Good luck Tonto and your colleagues.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 14:32 - Feb 20 with 1280 viewsdixiedean

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 14:38 - Feb 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

Are Brentford competing in this?

No doubt they’ll be the best team you’ve ran against all year ...

I’ve run Ealing Half Marathon a few times and never once seen a BFC runner . There’s usually 6-10 of us QPR Runners in the field . Maybe they’re all waiting for the bus ?
QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 15:42 - Apr 1 with 1081 viewsTonto

Its the end of the month th so an update is due.

Firstly thanks to everyone who sponsored us. I know its been a difficult year.

As for the race. OK. We didn't quite make it. Sorry. We did 88% of it though which is still 9 500km in a month. Between 23 of us, so I know we are all proud of what we did. That put us 14th out of 28 teams. (We should have aimed for 16th).

It also only tests half the story. It became obvious that unless you did a lot of cycling then you weren't goi g to complete it. The team that won (Watford) cycled 75% of their distance. We are the QPR runners so cycling accounted for less than 10% of out distance, running being the greatest mode obviously. So the organisers have created a second league table... without cycling and.... we came 2nd to West Ham in that. If there was a cross country skiing table we would have definitely won that thanks to Susanna in Finland!

We will continue anyway to complete the full 10 800 km. We should do it early next week.

And if anyone want to join QPR runners we are on Facebook. We chat about running becuase our WAGs/HABs are fed up of us doing g so. And the kit is cool is you want to buy a t-shirt.

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 16:19 - Apr 1 with 1047 viewsslmrstid

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 15:42 - Apr 1 by Tonto

Its the end of the month th so an update is due.

Firstly thanks to everyone who sponsored us. I know its been a difficult year.

As for the race. OK. We didn't quite make it. Sorry. We did 88% of it though which is still 9 500km in a month. Between 23 of us, so I know we are all proud of what we did. That put us 14th out of 28 teams. (We should have aimed for 16th).

It also only tests half the story. It became obvious that unless you did a lot of cycling then you weren't goi g to complete it. The team that won (Watford) cycled 75% of their distance. We are the QPR runners so cycling accounted for less than 10% of out distance, running being the greatest mode obviously. So the organisers have created a second league table... without cycling and.... we came 2nd to West Ham in that. If there was a cross country skiing table we would have definitely won that thanks to Susanna in Finland!

We will continue anyway to complete the full 10 800 km. We should do it early next week.

And if anyone want to join QPR runners we are on Facebook. We chat about running becuase our WAGs/HABs are fed up of us doing g so. And the kit is cool is you want to buy a t-shirt.

To give an update on that...we had an email this afternoon that we won the non-cycling event!

We were 2nd to West Ham as of yesterday lunchtime but a few people were out yesterday afternoon/evening running (including de facto team captain James Doe running a full marathon) and it was enough to catapult us into first place.

G'waan you R's
QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 16:38 - Apr 1 with 1030 viewsTelford_QPR

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 16:19 - Apr 1 by slmrstid

To give an update on that...we had an email this afternoon that we won the non-cycling event!

We were 2nd to West Ham as of yesterday lunchtime but a few people were out yesterday afternoon/evening running (including de facto team captain James Doe running a full marathon) and it was enough to catapult us into first place.

G'waan you R's

Glad I went out last night as wasn't going too as it was too warm - pleasant surprise to see we pipped them at the last
QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 16:55 - Apr 1 with 1013 viewsTonto

Wish I had waited half an hour before I did that, but I didnt think we would catch up the 300 in half a day!

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 23:01 - Apr 1 with 952 viewsMyke

Congrats to everyone involved - brilliant effort. If there was such a thing as QPR Walkers I could get involved, but that would be my limit these days. Maybe Gary Lineker would promote it!
QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 23:19 - Apr 1 with 942 viewsMoonshineSteve

As a member of the QPR Runners group but not of the Race to Europe team (limited numbers) I've followed them throughout. This is a superb effort. We should be proud of this bunch. As Rs we only win stuff occasionally and rightly celebrate when we do. This is one of those times.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 23:22 - Apr 1 with 940 viewsMoonshineSteve

I would add that they had to overcome nefarious practices from other teams.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

QPR Runners - Racing to Europe on 11:43 - Apr 7 with 781 viewsTonto

Proud to announce we finished it at half past 9 last night!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024