Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maximum profit from human misery. 10:38 - Nov 21 with 6857 viewsLohengrin

There’s an interesting feature in today’s Guardian about the manufacture of PPE by slave labour in red China. Globalists need to read it.

I hope those of you who are cheerleading the prospect of a Biden/Harris administration realise you’re pressing the accelerator on obscenity.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:53 - Nov 22 with 822 viewsCatullus

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:31 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, this is another result of being eco-friendly.

https://e360.yale.edu/features/china-wrestles-with-the-toxic-aftermath-of-rare-e

Again you are forgetting that being Eco friendly in itself isn't the problem. The problem is the way these big companies go about it.

It's not eco friendly to ruin a large area of countryside to get materials to use in selling eco friendly goods.
These comoanies do it for large profits, their motivation isn't in saving the planet, it's in getting rich.

It's a similar thing to using fertiliser so we can grow more food but then that fertiliser leaks into the water shelf, runs to the sea and poisons the water killing sea life

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/baltic-sea-dead-zone-low-oxygen-levels/

The dead zone has been given a helping hand by the EU's agriculture policies, apparently.

Kill the seas, kill the planet,

https://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/indicators/oxygen-concentrations-in-coas

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:58 - Nov 22 with 820 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:53 - Nov 22 by Catullus

Again you are forgetting that being Eco friendly in itself isn't the problem. The problem is the way these big companies go about it.

It's not eco friendly to ruin a large area of countryside to get materials to use in selling eco friendly goods.
These comoanies do it for large profits, their motivation isn't in saving the planet, it's in getting rich.

It's a similar thing to using fertiliser so we can grow more food but then that fertiliser leaks into the water shelf, runs to the sea and poisons the water killing sea life

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/baltic-sea-dead-zone-low-oxygen-levels/

The dead zone has been given a helping hand by the EU's agriculture policies, apparently.

Kill the seas, kill the planet,

https://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/indicators/oxygen-concentrations-in-coas

You would hardly expect China to be worried about wrecking their ecostructure based on their history.

You still don't seem to have realised that the majority of Eco and Climate is all about the money.
As they say "follow the cash".

There is also always the cost of unintended (or un thought of) consequences as well.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 12:04 - Nov 22 with 817 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Are you aware that there are 14,000 "dead" wind turbines in the USA?
Unused, rusting eyesores that have not been safely removed and the area returned to as it was before they were built.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 12:17 - Nov 22 with 812 viewsCatullus

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:58 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

You would hardly expect China to be worried about wrecking their ecostructure based on their history.

You still don't seem to have realised that the majority of Eco and Climate is all about the money.
As they say "follow the cash".

There is also always the cost of unintended (or un thought of) consequences as well.

I haven't realised? No, it's not like I ever harp on about money, the rich and greedy!

There are genuine eco warriors, there are financially interested companies and there are virtue signalling politicians. There are may different kinds of eco warrior.

Personally, I would prefer to be more eco friendly. We recycle and have upcycled too. We have had a lot of work done on our back garden and hope to start growing our own veg next year. We changed our car for a smaller model.

Maybe I shouldn't post that lest I get accused of virtue signalling?

China is interested in Power. They are expanding their sphere of influence. In a friendly way where they can but they aren't afraid to use intimidation either. They are taking over, economically, wherever they can and have made big steps in Africa.

There are always unintended consequences some good, some bad. They are usually unforeseen and unimagined.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Maximum profit from human misery. on 12:33 - Nov 22 with 800 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 12:17 - Nov 22 by Catullus

I haven't realised? No, it's not like I ever harp on about money, the rich and greedy!

There are genuine eco warriors, there are financially interested companies and there are virtue signalling politicians. There are may different kinds of eco warrior.

Personally, I would prefer to be more eco friendly. We recycle and have upcycled too. We have had a lot of work done on our back garden and hope to start growing our own veg next year. We changed our car for a smaller model.

Maybe I shouldn't post that lest I get accused of virtue signalling?

China is interested in Power. They are expanding their sphere of influence. In a friendly way where they can but they aren't afraid to use intimidation either. They are taking over, economically, wherever they can and have made big steps in Africa.

There are always unintended consequences some good, some bad. They are usually unforeseen and unimagined.

"Maybe I shouldn't post that lest I get accused of virtue signalling? "
Definitely and why not, you may even persuade others to do more.
But well done you, my garden is too small and steep (about 45 degrees) to use for veg and would cost a small fortune to change it, plus I hate gardening.
My last large car was in the 80s, a secondhand 3l Capri, my current car of 6 years is a 997cc Picanto and before that 13 years of a 1.3l Ka.
I started recycling when recycling centres first opened years ago.
I also recycle glass milk bottles, they should never have gone over to plastic for drinks. In the old days a lorry used to come around with fruit drinks in glass bottles and you would get a few pence for returning the bottles. Kids made pocket money going around picking up any that people couldn't be bothered to control.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 12:59 - Nov 22 with 783 viewschad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:27 - Nov 22 by Neath_Jack

Where was my snide comment to you?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, who has said any differently? And if i were trying to project them, i would be swamping this board with links to Twitter, day in, day out.

OK page 1

You made a sweeping statement about everyone who posts here, which (whilst obviously generally true to some extent) I didn’t agree with either

AFD issues a what seems to me a polite rebuttal

You respond to him with what certainly seemed like a fairly snide personal comment.

Of course your comment about the trainers and kudos, different matter. I read as a bit of fun in relation to my jokingly extending your Kudos comment.

All of course IMHO
Maximum profit from human misery. on 13:17 - Nov 22 with 778 viewsLohengrin

Maximum profit from human misery. on 09:58 - Nov 22 by Professor

China is investing heavily in Africa and some of the ‘dirtier’ manufacturing transferred there. Ethiopia’s new Chinese-built motorway and trains are primarily to facilitate transport via Djibouti. Loh and I have similar views on this, apart from the Trump/Biden part as in reality Trump talked a good fight and did nothing for US manufacturing. Laughably the MAGA hats were made in China and the Biden hats in the US. Neither are a good choice in the respect of globalisation.
Sadly buying British for items like clothing is a massively expensive business.
Even ‘top line’ brands like Burberry closed its Treorchy factory to make its polo shirts in China. Doc Martens the same. Aussie brands like Blundstone the same. Few people put their principles first when the dollar calls. One of the few exceptions I have is a REM T shirt. Made in the USA of organic cotton. Cost a few quid more than other bands, but at least acting on what they say.

I don’t know if you’ve seen this before Prof, but a Democrat in the US who actually walks around with his eyes open and understands and accepts the issue is worth amplifying.

Is there anybody here who ‘gets it?’ Yes there is: Paul Embery, the east London trade unionist. I was lucky enough to snag a preview copy of this and he hones down hard and accurately on issues of genuine concern not airy pie-in-the-sky nonsense.

It’s out in a week or so, get it on your Christmas list pronto.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 14:35 - Nov 22 with 740 viewsProfessor

Maximum profit from human misery. on 13:17 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

I don’t know if you’ve seen this before Prof, but a Democrat in the US who actually walks around with his eyes open and understands and accepts the issue is worth amplifying.

Is there anybody here who ‘gets it?’ Yes there is: Paul Embery, the east London trade unionist. I was lucky enough to snag a preview copy of this and he hones down hard and accurately on issues of genuine concern not airy pie-in-the-sky nonsense.

Yes. Not seen it but absolutely correct. The likes of ‘The Squad’ are cut from the same cloth as the metropolitan Labour Party as typified by the focus on policies around Palestine rather than a manual worker in Sunderland. The problem is the left as typified by the Guardian do not see this. Populists like Trump and Johnson have, in my mind, exploited this to their benefit. Will they/have they acted to benefit these groups? Arguably not.

As I said sometime ago, it’s not a case of protectionism, but one of ensuring manufacturing and its allied supply chains was properly supported. That’s neither left nor right but one of building long term jobs based on a real product. Will say it again, breaks my heart that our air power will rely on a plane called the Lightning-but the Lockheed F-35 not one bearing the name English Electric or BAC. Not against trade at all- we should have the choice and clearly sometimes we import the best product but the reliance on complex supply chains for everything is madness.
Login to get fewer ads

Maximum profit from human misery. on 14:54 - Nov 22 with 734 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 14:35 - Nov 22 by Professor

Yes. Not seen it but absolutely correct. The likes of ‘The Squad’ are cut from the same cloth as the metropolitan Labour Party as typified by the focus on policies around Palestine rather than a manual worker in Sunderland. The problem is the left as typified by the Guardian do not see this. Populists like Trump and Johnson have, in my mind, exploited this to their benefit. Will they/have they acted to benefit these groups? Arguably not.

As I said sometime ago, it’s not a case of protectionism, but one of ensuring manufacturing and its allied supply chains was properly supported. That’s neither left nor right but one of building long term jobs based on a real product. Will say it again, breaks my heart that our air power will rely on a plane called the Lightning-but the Lockheed F-35 not one bearing the name English Electric or BAC. Not against trade at all- we should have the choice and clearly sometimes we import the best product but the reliance on complex supply chains for everything is madness.

You said "Populists like Trump and Johnson have, in my mind, exploited this to their benefit. Will they/have they acted to benefit these groups? Arguably not. "

The US President not only prevented jobs going to Mexico, he also drew back jobs from there as well. He also stopped other manufacturers outsources new products and you say that this did not benifit the workers of the USA. He renogotiated NAFTA in favour of the USA. He has struck many deals with other countries.
Until COVID came along he had also increased living standards and wages of the working classes.
Sorry, but I fail to understand your logic here.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 15:24 - Nov 22 with 721 viewsProfessor

Maximum profit from human misery. on 14:54 - Nov 22 by A_Fans_Dad

You said "Populists like Trump and Johnson have, in my mind, exploited this to their benefit. Will they/have they acted to benefit these groups? Arguably not. "

The US President not only prevented jobs going to Mexico, he also drew back jobs from there as well. He also stopped other manufacturers outsources new products and you say that this did not benifit the workers of the USA. He renogotiated NAFTA in favour of the USA. He has struck many deals with other countries.
Until COVID came along he had also increased living standards and wages of the working classes.
Sorry, but I fail to understand your logic here.

Wage rises have been consistent from 2010 onwards in line with a roughly similar rate of economic growth. There is still despite a slight rise in 2017-18 a decline in US manufacturing jobs. Despite the NAFTA changes there is a decline in jobs in areas like automotive since 2018 and jobs promised to Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio have failed to materialise. Lots of talk, but the genie sailed with Reaganomics and the failure of any president since the 1970s to support industry. Not since Nixon, Ford or Carter. US industrial production and employment peaked under Jimmy Carter. These failures are not down to Trump, I agree. But lip service is all it is. In fact the trade war with China has stuffed up many export areas and been a disaster to agriculture and the small farmer in particular. Massive subsidy from the USDA for the big boys. Will Biden improve this? Not industry, I think the base has changed for good.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 18:12 - Nov 22 with 697 viewsCatullus

Maximum profit from human misery. on 13:17 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

From my simple point of view the modern left hate the working class because we are generally older, they consider us uneducated, unsophisticated and of course we largely back brexit so "stealing" their futures.
They also don't seem to like that we have banter without needing a safe space.

Of course, us older working class types are also racist, xenophobic, homophobic, parochial dimwits.

What the modern left, the young lefties, don't understand is that us older people don't worry about it.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 18:16 - Nov 22 with 695 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 18:12 - Nov 22 by Catullus

From my simple point of view the modern left hate the working class because we are generally older, they consider us uneducated, unsophisticated and of course we largely back brexit so "stealing" their futures.
They also don't seem to like that we have banter without needing a safe space.

Of course, us older working class types are also racist, xenophobic, homophobic, parochial dimwits.

What the modern left, the young lefties, don't understand is that us older people don't worry about it.

"like that we have banter without needing a safe space"

"us older people don't worry about it."

F*cking hell mate, you sure

Note: Not specifically aimed at you.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Maximum profit from human misery. on 18:22 - Nov 22 with 690 viewsCatullus

Maximum profit from human misery. on 18:16 - Nov 22 by Neath_Jack

"like that we have banter without needing a safe space"

"us older people don't worry about it."

F*cking hell mate, you sure

Note: Not specifically aimed at you.

Generally yeah. There's always exceptions. Of course banter is different to abuse.

There used to be a lot of abuse on here and the odd thing was, quite often the first person to post abuse would moan when they got some back!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024