Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Brentford stadium... 11:40 - Sep 8 with 9924 viewsjoe90

Looking really spiff in these pictures:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/gallery/2020/sep/07/brentfords-futuristic-stad

Does make you wonder why we've found it so difficult and if we will ever get a new ground.
New Brentford stadium... on 22:29 - Sep 8 with 1945 viewsNewBee

New Brentford stadium... on 21:24 - Sep 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

The New Inn get a lot of Irish and Scottish going in for Celtic games so they should be ok. I go passed the Princess Royal quite a lot and never many in there even before COVID. The Royal Horseguardsman down the road on the corner of Albany Rd looks like a bit of a rough-house as an alternative.

Actually I'm pretty sure the Scottish/Irish/Celtic crowd have moved to the Royal Horse Guardsman - someone told me they went with the Landlord when he switched.

(And apparently he doesn't like to use the "Royal" bit either.)
New Brentford stadium... on 22:57 - Sep 8 with 1936 viewsCiderwithRsie

New Brentford stadium... on 20:42 - Sep 8 by Myke

Hmm, fair bit of giving out about Brentford posters on the site and then we dedicate a two page thread to their new stadium... who actually cares?

Fair point in general, but I take it as a stadium discussion thread, which we've had plenty of on here, for grounds all over the world.
New Brentford stadium... on 23:16 - Sep 8 with 1917 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

New Brentford stadium... on 22:29 - Sep 8 by NewBee

Actually I'm pretty sure the Scottish/Irish/Celtic crowd have moved to the Royal Horse Guardsman - someone told me they went with the Landlord when he switched.

(And apparently he doesn't like to use the "Royal" bit either.)

Fair enough. I went to the New Inn a few times around the millennium. Not that I'm Celtic or anything but quite a few of my mates were back then (Gunnersbury boys) and I tagged along a few times.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New Brentford stadium... on 23:27 - Sep 8 with 1898 viewsstowmarketrange

New Brentford stadium... on 18:38 - Sep 8 by NewBee

Obviously this Covid business will have an effect.

But if/when that's sorted (I know, I know) then I really think we'll sell out since:

(a ) We were selling out GP at 11k before the virus;
(b ) We've sold 11k ST's for Lionel Road already this season - nearly all after the virus struck;
(c ) We will be able to accommodate up to 2k away fans;
(d ) There's the 'New Stadium Novelty' which all clubs seem to enjoy (see eg Reading at the Madjeski, even WHU at the (awful) Stratford bowl;
(e ) If/when tourism to London recovers then we will undoubtedly get some of them at games - if there are any tickets left!

All of which disregards the possbility of promotion to the PL.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 18:39]

That 11k sellout at gp included 1500 away fans,which will only go up by 500 or 1k.That still leaves 5 or 6 thousand extra seats to sell.Of course every old muppet will get a season ticket for a new stadium,but can you keep them coming back year after year if you don’t go up?
New Brentford stadium... on 23:43 - Sep 8 with 1866 viewsNewBee

New Brentford stadium... on 23:27 - Sep 8 by stowmarketrange

That 11k sellout at gp included 1500 away fans,which will only go up by 500 or 1k.That still leaves 5 or 6 thousand extra seats to sell.Of course every old muppet will get a season ticket for a new stadium,but can you keep them coming back year after year if you don’t go up?

" ...can you keep them coming back year after year if you don’t go up?"

Then I guess we'd better go up then!

Anyhow I reckon we'll fill the new ground handy enough (Corona permitting), you don't.

We'll see.
New Brentford stadium... on 07:33 - Sep 9 with 1780 viewsjoe90

Some interesting responses.

I can understand why some would question posting about Brentford's new ground on a QPR forum, but I think it's interesting looking at how another local club have managed a move to a new ground and what that looks like as it's something we hope to do one day.

It appears there's no consensus on how big a new ground should be for us, or how it could be utilised.

Developing Loftus Road seems completely out of the question. Unless we can move to the Linford Christie stadium I can't see what else we can do other than stay at LR as is for foreseeable future.
New Brentford stadium... on 07:47 - Sep 9 with 1773 viewsPhildo

I quite like the look of it TBH and will probably go to the odd London Irish game there once we are allowed. it is not a bowl which is a winner for me to start.It would be too small for us and I do not know what the hospitality offer is like as there is where the money is in normal times.

I am interested to know what the access is like given the site - St Marys for example is a bowl with a dreadful walk up?

I think location is so important for a matchday experience too- I love the millenium in Cardiff as it is so close in the town to a million pubs. Hard to find such sites I know.
New Brentford stadium... on 09:02 - Sep 9 with 1726 viewsfrancisbowles

New Brentford stadium... on 20:49 - Sep 8 by qpr_1968

no we don't care about brentford. i don't, but, a lot of half and half scarfers on here do.
the ground is an abortion....but fair play to the brentford on here who like it, and the deluded r's that do......

You talk about deluded Rrr's fans and then YOU start a Saturday match thread at 21.43 on a Tuesday evening?
Login to get fewer ads

New Brentford stadium... on 09:09 - Sep 9 with 1711 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Looks quiet nice apart from the seats.
The seats remind me of some of those shit designs BA put on their tailfins for no reason about 20 years ago.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

New Brentford stadium... on 12:01 - Sep 9 with 1636 viewsswitchingcode

New Brentford stadium... on 07:47 - Sep 9 by Phildo

I quite like the look of it TBH and will probably go to the odd London Irish game there once we are allowed. it is not a bowl which is a winner for me to start.It would be too small for us and I do not know what the hospitality offer is like as there is where the money is in normal times.

I am interested to know what the access is like given the site - St Marys for example is a bowl with a dreadful walk up?

I think location is so important for a matchday experience too- I love the millenium in Cardiff as it is so close in the town to a million pubs. Hard to find such sites I know.

Hospitality 2000+ I think compared to 60 at GP.Its the right size for us and anyway it can’t be increased in size but if safe standing happens then not sure what impact that would have.I think I will be long gone before we ever have more 15000 Fan base.
New Brentford stadium... on 18:41 - Sep 9 with 1518 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Reckon all the problems on this great site come about because of misunderstanding of tone.

As others have said the fact it isn’t a Pride Park/ Ricoh / MK Dons identikit stadium and is located in a urban area and not next to the M40 should be celebrated.

I’m looking forward to ticking it off the list at some point, but am gutted about the four boozers.
New Brentford stadium... on 15:15 - Sep 10 with 1371 viewsfrancisbowles

New Brentford stadium... on 18:41 - Sep 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Reckon all the problems on this great site come about because of misunderstanding of tone.

As others have said the fact it isn’t a Pride Park/ Ricoh / MK Dons identikit stadium and is located in a urban area and not next to the M40 should be celebrated.

I’m looking forward to ticking it off the list at some point, but am gutted about the four boozers.

Yes get the bit about 'misunderstanding of tone'.

But as for it not being near the M40, correct.

It's very very close to the M4. Not as close as the railway lines but close.

Having said that I think they have done well and got a stadium that suits their needs now and for the foreseeable.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2020 15:19]
New Brentford stadium... on 15:46 - Sep 10 with 1319 viewsManti

The 4 boozers are only a short walk away - probably only 3 will continue. It's not even a mile from Griffin Park. I intend to Park in the same place use the Globe and leave 10 minutes earlier. As an alternative there are some great pubs along the river at Strand-on-the-Green just over the road from the new stadium or cross Kew Bridge and use the pubs around Kew Green. It's a great site for a new stadium from a pubs respect. Shit from a parking respect though!
New Brentford stadium... on 17:13 - Sep 10 with 1269 viewsfrancisbowles

New Brentford stadium... on 15:46 - Sep 10 by Manti

The 4 boozers are only a short walk away - probably only 3 will continue. It's not even a mile from Griffin Park. I intend to Park in the same place use the Globe and leave 10 minutes earlier. As an alternative there are some great pubs along the river at Strand-on-the-Green just over the road from the new stadium or cross Kew Bridge and use the pubs around Kew Green. It's a great site for a new stadium from a pubs respect. Shit from a parking respect though!

Last time we went for our annual nightmare, we parked close to the cafe at the northern end of Kew Bridge. Don't think we will manage to get in there next time. Lol.
New Brentford stadium... on 17:25 - Sep 10 with 1253 viewsBoston

A non IKEA stadium beside a train station and in a decent location. Let’s hope we can pull that off.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New Brentford stadium... on 19:16 - Sep 10 with 1180 viewsManti

Good luck with that! Our team (supporters not club) worked to get that site for some 10 years. Then got delayed by nearly 5 years by some c**ts that acquired the Capital Court site as a ransom site. They installed charities as non rent paying tenants who we had to deal with. Thankfully the CPO worked to get them out - but at a price and time delay. Actually the price was less than we offered them to f off in the first place so some justice there. Anyway hope we and you can attend our first Derby there!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024