Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for nhs workers perks to stop 21:25 - Jul 24 with 4775 viewsAndy1300

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-53514524

Let’s be honest, there are plenty of nhs workers that are milking the adulation and perks that have been bestowed upon them these past few months.

There are plenty who have kept working who don’t get what nhs workers get!

Number 1 team in Wales

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:50 - Jul 25 with 1008 viewscontroversial_jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:32 - Jul 25 by Andy1300

I can honestly say that I don’t know anyone, or know anyone else that knows anyone with covid

That's good, and long may it continue.
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:51 - Jul 25 with 1008 viewscontroversial_jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:34 - Jul 25 by raynor94

Same here

There was an occasional fan who used to drink up the Wern prior to the games, 70 year old, no underlying conditions who died from it.
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:55 - Jul 25 with 1002 viewsAndy1300

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:44 - Jul 25 by Neath_Jack

There's a difference between a delivery driver and NHS hospital staff, don't you think?

I've worked right through it, we built 4 emergency field hospitals, worked on two covid wards installing extra oxygen lines. That is in no way comparable what hospital staff have gone through. You do realise that other NHS staff, such as physiotherapists, neurology doctors, even NHS chiropodists were seconded to work on covid wards don't you? It was a mammoth effort.

It must have been awful judging by all the pathetic videos on Tik Tok, they didn’t seem too bothered on a Thursday night when they were all crowded outside hospitals to clap.

Tell shop workers that they don’t deserve credit for working through the pandemic, on lower pay than nhs staff, dealing with a hell of a lot more potential carriers than any nhs worker.

Just because someone is an nhs worker, doesn’t make them worthy of all the benefits that’s afforded them
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 15:58]

Number 1 team in Wales

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:55 - Jul 25 with 1002 viewsNortbankboy

Yes stop the perks and give them a proper pay rise
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:58 - Jul 25 with 988 viewsNeath_Jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:55 - Jul 25 by Andy1300

It must have been awful judging by all the pathetic videos on Tik Tok, they didn’t seem too bothered on a Thursday night when they were all crowded outside hospitals to clap.

Tell shop workers that they don’t deserve credit for working through the pandemic, on lower pay than nhs staff, dealing with a hell of a lot more potential carriers than any nhs worker.

Just because someone is an nhs worker, doesn’t make them worthy of all the benefits that’s afforded them

Aye that'll be it, I don't know what all the fuss was about.

Must have been the 5G masts.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:59 - Jul 25 with 986 viewsNortbankboy

I can honestly say that I don’t know anyone, or know anyone else that knows anyone with covid

46 k at the last conservative guess
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:00 - Jul 25 with 985 viewsAndy1300

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:44 - Jul 25 by Neath_Jack

There's a difference between a delivery driver and NHS hospital staff, don't you think?

I've worked right through it, we built 4 emergency field hospitals, worked on two covid wards installing extra oxygen lines. That is in no way comparable what hospital staff have gone through. You do realise that other NHS staff, such as physiotherapists, neurology doctors, even NHS chiropodists were seconded to work on covid wards don't you? It was a mammoth effort.

I’ve worked right through it too, even doing overtime to keep up with demand for our products.

Plenty work through the pandemic and just get on with it!

Nhs workers chose their job just like you or I.

They knew the risks after the last SARS pandemic.

Number 1 team in Wales

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:05 - Jul 25 with 976 viewscontroversial_jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:00 - Jul 25 by Andy1300

I’ve worked right through it too, even doing overtime to keep up with demand for our products.

Working directly with covid patients is a tad more risky that the jobs most ppl do.You cannot isolate yourself from potential infection unlike most other jobs.Social distancing is not an option for docs, nurses and care workers.

I'm sure the work you do is important to you, but the work NHS staff do is important to others.
Login to get fewer ads

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:06 - Jul 25 with 976 viewsNeath_Jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:00 - Jul 25 by Andy1300

Last one from me because you just sound very bitter towards them.

Those working on covid wards, were going in for every shift, knowing their life was on the line. Think about that for a minute, a very real risk of them losing their lives. Nobody in the NHS signs up for that, no matter how you want to dress it up.

They have been shat on for years, I'm glad that they did chose to go into that profession, because if everyone had your attitude, we would all be screwed.

Have a pleasant evening.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:07 - Jul 25 with 974 viewsSwanjaxs

Good for you!
My son became very ill indeed with coronavirus, he's frontline NHS, you would be absolutely gobsmacked if I were allowed to tell you how many of his fellow co-workers tested positive too.
In fact, quite a few tested positive for antibodies recently and worked all the way through without knowing they had come down with C-19

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:17 - Jul 25 with 961 viewsAndy1300

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:06 - Jul 25 by Neath_Jack

Those working on covid wards, were going in for every shift, knowing their life was on the line. Think about that for a minute, a very real risk of them losing their lives. Nobody in the NHS signs up for that, no matter how you want to dress it up.

They have been shat on for years, I'm glad that they did chose to go into that profession, because if everyone had your attitude, we would all be screwed.

Have a pleasant evening.

How can you say I sound bitter?

Just stating facts!

Number 1 team in Wales

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:40 - Jul 25 with 938 viewsItchySphincter

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 14:56 - Jul 25 by jojaca

Bring on the second wave, I am saving a fortune. I seem to be living in different world to the world BBC/Sky News are programming. I have not seen a single cough in the last 3 months and I work with 300+ people.

I'm not sure about you living in a different world, we're all living in different worlds. I know people who've never been so cash rich and people like me on the other hand who've come pretty close to losing everything. There was no rhyme nor reason, you were either one of the fortunate one's or you weren't. Hopefully one good thing that has come from the Tories turning their backs on small businesses is that it will lose them approximately 3 million votes at the next election.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:43 - Jul 25 with 936 viewsItchySphincter

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:26 - Jul 25 by controversial_jack

You certainly are living in a different world. I know 3 ppl who have died. I know of another who was on a ventilator, but recovered and can hardly walk up his garden path without stopping for breath.I also know of some who have shrugged it off within days.

I know people who've had it and just got a bit ill, one who's been critically ill - ventilator then coma, then tracheostomy and survived, and one who died.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 17:07 - Jul 25 with 920 viewsexiledclaseboy

Some strange bitterness towards the NHS here.

Poll: Tory leader

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 17:21 - Jul 25 with 908 viewsjojaca

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:40 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

I'm not sure about you living in a different world, we're all living in different worlds. I know people who've never been so cash rich and people like me on the other hand who've come pretty close to losing everything. There was no rhyme nor reason, you were either one of the fortunate one's or you weren't. Hopefully one good thing that has come from the Tories turning their backs on small businesses is that it will lose them approximately 3 million votes at the next election.

I have always saved towards a rainy day just for peace of mind, sacrificed luxury holidays, cars etc.

Even when you know, you never know?

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 18:02 - Jul 25 with 892 viewsHumpty

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 08:28 - Jul 25 by Neath_Jack

Deserve everything they get, and more.

Talk about football fans being fickle about their team be f*cked.

You are always going to get a few bad eggs in any workplace.

In the next wave, the NHS should open up their covid wards, and let the general public spend one shift with them. F*cking heartbreaking.

Pathetic isn't it?

I just don't understand how some people think like this. What do they get out of being unpleasant all the time?
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 18:06 - Jul 25 with 887 viewsHumpty

Who exactly is telling shop workers that they don't deserve any credit?
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 18:06 - Jul 25 with 886 viewscontroversial_jack

500 shop workers haven't died though
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 18:49 - Jul 25 with 850 viewseddie71

I worked all the way through it too, as a Keyworker myself. Zero perks for me to. But then I didnt work on a COVID ward pulling 12 hour shifts in incredibly uncomfortable PPE nor am I a domestic or a porter and worked on a ward for little more than minimum wage putting my health on the line everyday.
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 18:58 - Jul 25 with 842 viewscontroversial_jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 18:49 - Jul 25 by eddie71

I worked all the way through it too, as a Keyworker myself. Zero perks for me to. But then I didnt work on a COVID ward pulling 12 hour shifts in incredibly uncomfortable PPE nor am I a domestic or a porter and worked on a ward for little more than minimum wage putting my health on the line everyday.

If they were fortunate to have the PPE. I know of care workers who took plastic bags into work to use as body coverings, and of masks that were out of date.

Many nurses, care workers etc were infected themselves, probably the majority were.
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 19:16 - Jul 25 with 821 viewsSwanjaxs

People are getting complacent, you only have to drive through the Uplands tonight to see punters crammed in like sardines outside Noah's, beaches crammed whenever we get any sort of nice weather.

These same people were shìtting their pants 3 months ago when covid was running out of control, and they will no doubt, be scratching their heads and wondering why this virus has come back with a vengeance again shortly...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 19:43 - Jul 25 with 799 viewsHighjack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 18:06 - Jul 25 by controversial_jack

500 shop workers haven't died though

Are you sure? There were at least seventy dead before the peak.

https://internetretailing.net/covid-19/covid-19/shop-assistants-and-cashiers-hav

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 19:51 - Jul 25 with 791 viewswaynekerr55

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 17:07 - Jul 25 by exiledclaseboy

Some strange bitterness towards the NHS here.

The same people want to go and live in America and then complain about the NHS...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 20:28 - Jul 25 with 763 viewsCatullus

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:06 - Jul 25 by Neath_Jack

Have a pleasant evening.

Totally agree.

We lost a friend to covid, she wasn't even a nurse anymore, had moved into child mental health but was sent to a covid ward and died at home, she leaves her husband and 6 year old son.
Another friend, a community nurse, seconded to Morriston covid ward, caught it, beat it and returned to work.

Don't tell me they're not heroes who deserve something back, something more than backbiting certainly.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 21:54 - Jul 25 with 725 viewscontroversial_jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 20:28 - Jul 25 by Catullus

Totally agree.

We lost a friend to covid, she wasn't even a nurse anymore, had moved into child mental health but was sent to a covid ward and died at home, she leaves her husband and 6 year old son.
Another friend, a community nurse, seconded to Morriston covid ward, caught it, beat it and returned to work.

Don't tell me they're not heroes who deserve something back, something more than backbiting certainly.

My wife worked on the covid wars in Morriston. when it was at it's peak and still does, although there are no covid patients there now.. She went in to do her shifts without any complaints, except when they weren't getting the correct PPE

She said it's our job and we aren't heroes - i think otherwise.I was on pins every time she went and came home. We had separate bedrooms for a few weeks and kept our distance.Every time she coughed or sneezed i would literally jump and think, is this it

It was a horrible time and I hope it doesn't have to be repeated
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 23:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024