Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 135697 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:35 - Oct 1 with 2201 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:02 - Sep 30 by exhmrc1

Depending on the figures you take we have already had up to 70,000 deaths and that is having locked down. Had we not done so how many would there have been. The guy is a professor at Imperial College one of the worlds leading science universities. What qualifications do you have to doubt him.His predictions were without lockdown which has saved a huge number of deaths.

What I posted was lifted from The Times.

Plenty of experts are questioning the advisors and saying that they are basing everything on incorrect modelling, they should look at the fact that humans don’t behave the same as computer models.

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:01 - Oct 1 with 2177 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:48 - Oct 1 by Catullus

You don't need qualifications to doubt someone if there's enough evidence of them being wrong!

I'm somewhere between you and and Andy1300 on this, we still need caution but we can't go too far because the economy will collapse. So people need to obey the rules, we need to protect the most vulnerable and young people need to stop behaving like it's some kind of cause to celebrate.

Now today was a big day for us, my wife was in hospital having a test, I very much hope for a negative result. Then I got a phone call from the waiting list office, I am seeing my surgeon next week, they want to push on with my operation. So the NHS is trying to get on with it but the first rule is, I have to be able to isolate for 14 days before the op. The point is, we need to be getting on with life where possible, if that means making massive changes to the norms then so be it. BUT, if people can't or won't obey the rules they will bring catastrophe down on us, another national lockdown will be a catastrophe, I have no doubt.

Good luck with getting the op and for the op.
And fingers crossed for the test results.
My brother has had 2 procedure and a scan in the last few months.
For his ops he had to have a COVID test each time, but not the scan.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2020 19:08]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:39 - Oct 1 with 2175 viewsProfessor

You don't need qualifications to doubt someone if there's enough evidence of them being wrong!

I'm somewhere between you and and Andy1300 on this, we still need caution but we can't go too far because the economy will collapse. So people need to obey the rules, we need to protect the most vulnerable and young people need to stop behaving like it's some kind of cause to celebrate.

Now today was a big day for us, my wife was in hospital having a test, I very much hope for a negative result. Then I got a phone call from the waiting list office, I am seeing my surgeon next week, they want to push on with my operation. So the NHS is trying to get on with it but the first rule is, I have to be able to isolate for 14 days before the op. The point is, we need to be getting on with life where possible, if that means making massive changes to the norms then so be it. BUT, if people can't or won't obey the rules they will bring catastrophe down on us, another national lockdown will be a catastrophe, I have no doubt.

That pretty much sums up how I see it Catty. Although we may need to use the circuit breaker options if not careful. Needs much more personal responsibility
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:13 - Oct 1 with 2163 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:39 - Oct 1 by Professor

That pretty much sums up how I see it Catty. Although we may need to use the circuit breaker options if not careful. Needs much more personal responsibility

I think the circuit breaker is certain unless the outbreak is slowing as reported today, if for no other reason than to allow as normal Christmas as possible.

I think personal responsibility needs a big stick to make it work. Starting with the SNP MP, she should be fired a by election called and have the maximum possible penalty.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:56 - Oct 1 with 2123 viewsmajorraglan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:13 - Oct 1 by Scotia

I think the circuit breaker is certain unless the outbreak is slowing as reported today, if for no other reason than to allow as normal Christmas as possible.

I think personal responsibility needs a big stick to make it work. Starting with the SNP MP, she should be fired a by election called and have the maximum possible penalty.

Was reading an article which sad that there were currently 550 people in hospital who either had, were suspected of having or were recovering from Covid. The average age of a patient in critical care was about 57 and 2/3rds were men. People definitely need to take this seriously and take responsibility.

The actions of the SNP MP are disgraceful, she had the whip withdrawn but she is still an MP. Her position needs serious consideration by her local party and she should in my opinion be deselected as a Party candidate at the next election. Any MP of any party, or paid employee of a party behaving similarly should also get the boot.

Edit -typo
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 20:05]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:51 - Oct 2 with 2068 viewschad

Cat, very best wishes to both your wife and yourself. Life is currently difficult enough (especially with young family and trying to shelter) without the other worries.

The need to isolate is at least promising that they are taking very seriously the need to protect those undergoing surgery. I can only hope that all goes really well and it is as successful and long lasting as my ops were 14 years ago. Physio / exercise after also v,important.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:43 - Oct 2 with 2029 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:51 - Oct 2 by chad

Cat, very best wishes to both your wife and yourself. Life is currently difficult enough (especially with young family and trying to shelter) without the other worries.

The need to isolate is at least promising that they are taking very seriously the need to protect those undergoing surgery. I can only hope that all goes really well and it is as successful and long lasting as my ops were 14 years ago. Physio / exercise after also v,important.

Thanks Chad. It's true that life doesn't stop regardless of what's happening. The car started playing up which is a minor thing but then the school rang and I had to make a stuttering drive to the school and on to NPT hospital because our son fell in school and broke a bone in his wrist. At least the minor injuries dept was empty (thank covid ) and we were in and out in 90 minutes.

These things are sent to try eh!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:36 - Oct 3 with 1902 viewsAndy1300

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/10/01/sweden-has-destroyed-the-case-for-lockd

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:01 - Oct 3 with 1873 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 20:13 - Oct 1 by Scotia

Worst figures in 24 hours.

Johnson is a pure fanny.

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:57 - Oct 4 with 1858 viewsLeonWasGod

Ww won't be able to revive the economy until we beat it. And even the we won't be able to revive anything that relies on exports until those other countries beat it.

What we actually need is economic safegurds in place so that we can beat it. I'm getting fed up of saying it, but it's not the virus OR the economy. The economy can only recover when we beat the virus, so that has to be first priority. There are too many stupid/selfish people to rely on common sense sadly. That approach isn't working.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 01:14 - Oct 4 with 1852 viewsLeonWasGod

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:01 - Oct 3 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson is a pure fanny.

The Northumberland Uni figures are intersting. It sounds like they are offering testing to all, so they they have 70+ pople showing symtpoms who've tetsted positive, plus ~700 who are asymptomatic. Given in the UK at large wer're only testing those with symptoms, that could mean somewhere of the order of 120,000 new infedctions over the last 25 hrs.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 01:16 - Oct 4 with 1851 viewsLeonWasGod

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:36 - Oct 3 by Andy1300

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/10/01/sweden-has-destroyed-the-case-for-lockd

Spiked . That'll be impartial and trustworthy then .
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:13 - Oct 4 with 1792 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:01 - Oct 3 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson is a pure fanny.

Figures are so bad due to technical error, don’t let that fact get in the way of your biased argument though.

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:24 - Oct 4 with 1772 viewsAndy1300

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:32 - Oct 4 with 1757 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 01:16 - Oct 4 by LeonWasGod

Typical attack the source instead of the data, a classic leftie, commie, climate activist and brexit remainer trick.
How about some appeals to authority or some appeals to concensus, they are all useful tools when you don't like what you read, whether it is right or wrong.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:12 - Oct 4 with 1744 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 01:16 - Oct 4 by LeonWasGod

Just like the government advisors then, why not get a panel of experts from both sides of the arguement.

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:20 - Oct 4 with 1735 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:12 - Oct 4 by Andy1300

Just like the government advisors then, why not get a panel of experts from both sides of the arguement.

I guess these are to be discredited too because they have a different opinion

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54228649

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:35 - Oct 4 with 1725 viewsAndy1300

Interesting perspective from a medical person.

https://www.sott.net/article/438827-A-classic-fallacious-argument-If-masks-dont-

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:42 - Oct 4 with 1721 viewsAndy1300

I guess this makes a mockery of lockdowns

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/no-coronavirus-lockdown-for-top-tory-con

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:17 - Oct 4 with 1710 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:35 - Oct 4 by Andy1300

Interesting perspective from a medical person.

https://www.sott.net/article/438827-A-classic-fallacious-argument-If-masks-dont-

I call your Surgeon and raise you the South Korean Pandemic Team Leader, who advocates masks, gloves and glasses.
But then SK know how to react to pandemics as they have now been through 3.
I will also raise you Czechia, take a look at their performance where masks were used from day one and then abandoned, along with social distancing in June when they had it under control.
They now have 10 times as many cases as they did in March.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/czech-republic/
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 14:32]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:11 - Oct 5 with 1652 viewsKilkennyjack

Prof Drakers and Comrade Nicola ripping it up.

Feck Johnson.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:22 - Oct 6 with 1614 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:11 - Oct 5 by Kilkennyjack

Prof Drakers and Comrade Nicola ripping it up.

Feck Johnson.

Yes you are correct again Wales has the highest infection rate per 100,000

Wales 833
England 784
NI 775
Scotland 602

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:31 - Oct 6 with 1588 viewsNeath_Jack

As far as I have had experience of them the past couple of weeks, the Test and Trace teams may as well pack in and leave it there. Absolutely useless.

We've taken to do our own within our company now.

The latest shambles being one of our employees testing positive on Sunday, we are now going into Wednesday and still no contact from them. And that is following countless emails to the local T&T team. In fairness to Public Health Wales, they have also tried getting them to make contact, with absolutely no joy.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:33 - Oct 6 with 1565 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:22 - Oct 6 by felixstowe_jack

Yes you are correct again Wales has the highest infection rate per 100,000

Wales 833
England 784
NI 775
Scotland 602

Wrong.

Look 👀 at the graph, it should help you. 👍

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:08 - Oct 7 with 1534 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:33 - Oct 6 by Kilkennyjack