Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 20:00 - Sep 15 with 4986 viewsBarryTownSwam

Decent start by Potter and our young team. Can only grow stronger as the season continues. Few key men to come back from injury and strengthen us further. COYS
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 11:12 - Sep 16 with 1189 viewsdickythorpe

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 06:59 - Sep 16 by jackal

The standard in the Championship is generally very poor.

As a result we've got as good a chance as anyone of promotion.

But can you imagine that team in the Prem, without any additions? The Yanks won't pay for any top players.

They'd get massacred.

To me it's the fine margins in this league. You have to have "knowhow" in this division.
If we or Forest had a more experienced forward line then the 3 points would have been gained.
We haven't got the team settled yet, and they snatched at chances which better players would have buried.
We lack a cutting edge at the moment and deep down we are relying on kids and no injuries.
When we miss players like Fer, Montero and Olsson we become a very ordinary side. Enthusiastic and trying but we miss that experience.
Forest should have really gone for us, but they were quite happy to keep us from playing and then possibly nicking one goal to then shut up shop.
As enthusiastic as we were they could see (just like our fans) we aren't dangerous and execute poorly and rely on individuals to turn a game.
We like every other team have lots to work on and we may totally look a different side on Tuesday, but it's all about confidence, momentum and experience.
The winter will be very revealing to us all.

Keep the faith.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 11:20 - Sep 16 with 1174 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 09:59 - Sep 16 by Loyal

Three weeks ago Potter gave the impression he would be ready about now. On Thursday he said a few weeks more.

Nothing to do with the overseas/loan window closing at all I reckon.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 12:06 - Sep 16 with 1132 viewsjackrmee

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:56 - Sep 15 by jack2jack

That is worry to be sure, if we are trying to build something, the last thing we need is for some of our young talent to be tapped up, by the bigger clubs, we need cohesion and stability, with an injection of a bit of experience, especially with some of our key players, dogged by injury's.

Personally, I think we are still moving forward every game. I do think the injuries are a worry, but I like the way the boys are filling in for each other and doing so will help them develop and gain more experience, which is vital for our club. And as long as we are still picking up points in those games, we will be fine.
When we are fully firing, we can produce many more performances like against Leeds.
When we are decimated, we are still battling and winning points. A testament to our lads and manager.

I don't think the Moneysnatchers will sell our kids (yet), as they are on the low wages...however at the moment, injuries aside, we do have some depth in the squad (a few positions lacking admittedly).
I think we need Bony back playing and get the use out of these experienced lads, before they are replaced in January and we have more youngsters brought in to replace them, who will need breaking into the first team and learning to play the Potter way, like the boys are doing now...

So my point of view is not that the season will get worse the longer it goes on in this division, due to 2 games a week and more injuries piling up blah blah blah...
I think the boys we have now will get stronger, more used to playing with each-other, more used to playing out of positions and adapting to that, more used to Potter's style of play. That is the best thing about young players. They are easier to mould and are willing to learn and change. A bit more luck with injuries and we will be improving all the way up until January. That is when we will need to take another hard look at these Yanks and what their intentions are.

So, in a nutshell...
We are doing well atm, with a bad deal on summer transfers, a bad deal on injuries and the players slowly trying to get used to the new Swansea way.
We will only be improving from now on though, as those 3 aforementioned issues start to improve, ie. no more players can be sold/taken away from us til January, surely the injury list will start to get better soon as it's more rotten luck than bad management AND the boys will be getting more confident week by week that they can play the way the manager wants.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 12:26 - Sep 16 with 1121 views_

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:57 - Sep 15 by Jango

Yes but they were both unfit for the 2nd half meaning along with Carrol and Fer we were without 4 of the 5 senior players capable of playing midfield. Why would we have no midfielder on the bench if he was fit. I’m assuming olsson was unfit.

I'm surprised you had to explain that to her.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 12:51 - Sep 16 with 1068 viewsThornburyswan

Very solid start & better than I expected after our transfer window performance - positives for me are (1) the good step-up/improvements seen with Roberts, Rodon, Mulder, VDH, McB & to a lesser extent Grimes, (2) Potter & his backroom guys have settled well & appear to have connected well with the squad & (3) new signings have settled quickly & most have contributed positively already.

Concerns on the pitch very much around (1) depth of squad & options for Potter, (2) injuries - key ones already to Fer & Montero & (3) we still look to have a lack of creativity in the final third so goals at a premium again.

If we are still top 10 by Xmas I for one will be delighted - very tough division.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 13:26 - Sep 16 with 1047 viewsnantywatcher

Recently we have grown accustomed to being the team that concentrated on nullifying the opposition - we now have a manager and a mentality where we have the exact opposite happening. I was happy enough with our performance yeaterday and I'm sure the manager was looking long term to see how players would perform in an experimental and inexperienced line-up. Lots to be positive about at the moment, so let's not go ultra negative if by this time next week we are still on 12 points
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 13:30 - Sep 16 with 1045 viewsGowerjack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:50 - Sep 15 by longlostjack

My worry is that the Yanks will be open for offers for some of our young talent in the January window. Going into the second half of the season we would then be well and truly up shit creek without a paddle.

It's absolutely nailed on that the money grabbing fûckwits will sell as soon as they get an offer for any of our up and coming talent.

And there will still be some on here defending them.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 14:04 - Sep 16 with 1019 viewsjackrmee

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 13:30 - Sep 16 by Gowerjack

It's absolutely nailed on that the money grabbing fûckwits will sell as soon as they get an offer for any of our up and coming talent.

And there will still be some on here defending them.

Can't see that is nailed on at all mate.
I happen to believe the opposite will happen, with only the big earners being sold and more young, mouldables coming in.
They turned down bids for Oli this summer btw.
Don't think they have any intentions of selling the kids. They forked out £4mil for Celina and a few quid for Asoro.
I don't think anyone is going to come in with a massive offer for Joe, Connor or Celina as early as January, do you?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:51 - Sep 16 with 923 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 14:04 - Sep 16 by jackrmee

Can't see that is nailed on at all mate.
I happen to believe the opposite will happen, with only the big earners being sold and more young, mouldables coming in.
They turned down bids for Oli this summer btw.
Don't think they have any intentions of selling the kids. They forked out £4mil for Celina and a few quid for Asoro.
I don't think anyone is going to come in with a massive offer for Joe, Connor or Celina as early as January, do you?

They best thing that could happen is Bony gets fit enough to play and has a purple patch and someone buys him in the January window. Then we will see which way the wind blows by the boards actions with that income and loss of liability.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 20:52]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:15 - Sep 16 with 906 viewsjackrmee

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:51 - Sep 16 by Brynmill_Jack

They best thing that could happen is Bony gets fit enough to play and has a purple patch and someone buys him in the January window. Then we will see which way the wind blows by the boards actions with that income and loss of liability.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 20:52]

Definitely!
Bony is going anyway, so best he bags us a few goals, gets us up the league and improves his market value for the impending sale. Happy days that.

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 22:02 - Sep 16 with 891 viewsJango

Roy Hodgson has been singing Ayews praise today so hopefully they might be keen to tie up a deal for him in January.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 22:35 - Sep 16 with 869 viewsLoyal

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 22:02 - Sep 16 by Jango

Roy Hodgson has been singing Ayews praise today so hopefully they might be keen to tie up a deal for him in January.

Awoo?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024