Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) 18:18 - Jan 2 with 13936 viewsDieByYourSide

Got to say this might be best for all parties

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-sell-chery-dutchman-asks-move

Poll: And it's hi ho

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 12:41 - Jan 3 with 2023 viewsisawqpratwcity

I can't see any reason to keep anyone who wants to leave.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 12:43 - Jan 3 with 2017 viewsBAWHoops

Yes, the one who scored 8 goals and got 5 assists last season with 3 goals and 8 assists the season before.

Was excellent for us and the club screwed him over by not accepting a very decent offer from Middlesbrough in the January window. Never quite captured his form after that but I hardly blame him.

With regards to him ducking challenges etc etc... someone like Henry never does that but is still despised

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 12:49 - Jan 3 with 1988 viewspaulparker

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 12:43 - Jan 3 by BAWHoops

Yes, the one who scored 8 goals and got 5 assists last season with 3 goals and 8 assists the season before.

Was excellent for us and the club screwed him over by not accepting a very decent offer from Middlesbrough in the January window. Never quite captured his form after that but I hardly blame him.

With regards to him ducking challenges etc etc... someone like Henry never does that but is still despised

err how did we screw him over, he is contracted to the club, if the offer isn't right then its tough luck that he doesn't get a move , that's no excuse to be half arsed is it especially when we are paying him a fair old whack in the process
its also laughable that your talking about him and his "form" which was about half a seasons worth 2 years back , he was shocking last year and we would have been better off with a traffic cone on the wing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 13:14 - Jan 3 with 1901 viewsNW5Hoop

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 22:29 - Jan 2 by ElHoop

Can't remember anyone ever booing SIr Les - perhaps my hearing isn't up t much. I do remember the ovation he received the first time that he came back with Newcastle. Keegan sent him out on his own and the ground exploded.

As for Chery, I never really took to him. He wasn't a terrible player but whatever plan he was part of didn't seem to work out and given that he has a value, perhaps we can get somebody else in and the new plan will be a little more successful. I never really understood how we were going to fit two wingers and two strikers into the team AND give games to both Chery and Luongo, if that's the direction in which we wanted to go.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 22:35]

I recall a lot of jeering of Les, and complaints about him being lazy, until it became apparent that he was the best centre forward we'd seen at Loftus Road in a long time, and we were much worse off without him in the team. Even then, if he went a couple of games without a goal, the moaners started up again …
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 13:32 - Jan 3 with 1826 viewsTGRRRSSS

if we get a good bid and that great see ya.

Not a bad player but nowhere near being feted as some would like too.

If he was really that good (at 26 or early 28 at the time) he'd have gone PL in my view.

OK player but overall meh.

Gone missing lately!

Doubt he'll take the PL by storm.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 13:45 - Jan 3 with 1743 viewsPinnerPaul

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 13:32 - Jan 3 by TGRRRSSS

if we get a good bid and that great see ya.

Not a bad player but nowhere near being feted as some would like too.

If he was really that good (at 26 or early 28 at the time) he'd have gone PL in my view.

OK player but overall meh.

Gone missing lately!

Doubt he'll take the PL by storm.

Re your last line - Wolves and Villa interested, so no he won't be a star in PL just yet!
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 14:32 - Jan 3 with 1651 viewsBakes

You will never guess what club Chery is going to, no really, you will never guess.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2524807/qpr-dealt-huge-blow-with-star-tj

Obviously it's for footballing reasons.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 14:48 - Jan 3 with 1604 viewsGloucs_R

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 14:32 - Jan 3 by Bakes

You will never guess what club Chery is going to, no really, you will never guess.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2524807/qpr-dealt-huge-blow-with-star-tj

Obviously it's for footballing reasons.

We must be the only side to get crap money from a chinese club......didnt one of them pay £60m for Oscar???

Providing the Sun have got it correct and not wild speculation!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 14:52 - Jan 3 with 1586 viewsJuzzie

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 12:17 - Jan 3 by kensalriser

Supporting QPR gets more surreal by the week.

Is there another club where fans are so openly gleeful when their best players leave?

Look at the shit lazy cnt Matt Phillips, who we couldn't wait to get rid of - now a regular in a team in 8th place a division above with four goals and nine assists to his name.

Chery is comfortably our best outfield player and I don't imagine for a second we'll replace him with someone as good. If he wants to go then he has to go, fine. But I'm fcked if I'm going to cheer when a good player leaves QPR.

There's no doubting he's one of our best players but when they haven't played well for ages and start demanding transfer requests, it's best that he moves on.

On a slight aside, really annoys me when it's felt players can't play certain ways (i.e. only good in a 4231 not in a 442 etc.). They're professional athletes and should be able to adapt within their given area of specialty (defence / midfield / attack). Is that really too much to ask?
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 14:59 - Jan 3 with 1564 viewsstevec

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 14:48 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

We must be the only side to get crap money from a chinese club......didnt one of them pay £60m for Oscar???

Providing the Sun have got it correct and not wild speculation!

China would be the perfect place for his football, we should bite their hand off at that price.

Actually, this Chinese revolution could become a real leveler for clubs like ours. Time for Tony to invest again, find another Taraabt to get us up then flog him off for big Renminbi before he gets found out.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 15:37 - Jan 3 with 1477 viewsOllie_Rangers

If he doesn't want to be here then should be sold. Nobody is irreplaceable and we could get some decent money for him. Would like to see Luongo pushed forward a bit and tried in the 10 spot feel like he could come into his own there and maybe Yeni tried there as well.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 15:48 - Jan 3 with 1419 viewsjonno

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 12:49 - Jan 3 by paulparker

err how did we screw him over, he is contracted to the club, if the offer isn't right then its tough luck that he doesn't get a move , that's no excuse to be half arsed is it especially when we are paying him a fair old whack in the process
its also laughable that your talking about him and his "form" which was about half a seasons worth 2 years back , he was shocking last year and we would have been better off with a traffic cone on the wing

Exactly. Nobody was saying that Phillips was rubbish - he had proved he wasn't as he played well for us early on - but the point is he was clearly going through the motions and no longer wanted to be at the Club. It's no surprise that he is doing OK at West Brom, but we needed to get rid of him as he was no longer interested in playing for us, which he made quite obvious on the pitch.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 15:56 - Jan 3 with 1392 viewsrobith

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 15:48 - Jan 3 by jonno

Exactly. Nobody was saying that Phillips was rubbish - he had proved he wasn't as he played well for us early on - but the point is he was clearly going through the motions and no longer wanted to be at the Club. It's no surprise that he is doing OK at West Brom, but we needed to get rid of him as he was no longer interested in playing for us, which he made quite obvious on the pitch.

Was an interesting piece on football3665 today about Phillips and how with Pulis for the first time he's under a manager not under pressure who can spend some time with him

http://www.football365.com/news/matty-phillips-tony-pulis-and-rare-patience
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 16:05 - Jan 3 with 1352 viewsTacticalR

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 15:56 - Jan 3 by robith

Was an interesting piece on football3665 today about Phillips and how with Pulis for the first time he's under a manager not under pressure who can spend some time with him

http://www.football365.com/news/matty-phillips-tony-pulis-and-rare-patience

They sound very happy together.

Air hostess clique

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:20 - Jan 3 with 1214 viewseghamranger

Says on sky that Chery is off to a Chinese club for over 4 million...
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:29 - Jan 3 with 1181 viewsWadR

It's a shame it hasn't quite worked out for him. He's an excellent footballer who is just in poor form. In the second of last season and beginning of this one his link up play with Polter was great to watch and promised much.

While making a ~£2m profit on an 28 year old who wants to leave sounds good, I struggle to see who can fill his role of primary creator. Our attacks were invariably so reliant on him, yes he's been wasteful in the last few months, but he's still the player teammates trust and look for in attacking positions.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 20:54 - Jan 3 with 1035 viewsqprewan

I'm pleased as it goes; said on here a week or 2 back that he clearly had no passion for the club and therefore glad to see the back of him tbh.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 21:08 - Jan 3 with 992 viewsonlyrinmoray

Off to China for 4mill according to Sky
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 21:13 - Jan 3 with 971 viewswgchoop

Over 4 million for a player who wants out is a good deal take it and reinvest no one player is bigger than the club. Wish him the best then next please, thats modern day football.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 21:20 - Jan 3 with 944 viewsDannytheR

Yeah, not enough "passion" with Chery. Not nearly enough shouting at his teammates on the pitch and I don't think I saw him kiss the badge once.

We do love a bit of the old public theatricals down at Rangers, don't we?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2017 21:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024