Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager 14:42 - Dec 28 with 7379 viewspremierjack

After some talks, The boards first choice is ....

Klinsmann!
New manager on 17:21 - Dec 28 with 959 viewsmonmouth

New manager on 16:49 - Dec 28 by oh_tommy_tommy

The Dutch lad de boer is a big target , rumours in holland are rife .

Are we looking at the right one?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New manager on 17:23 - Dec 28 with 950 viewslondonlisa2001

New manager on 17:15 - Dec 28 by DafyddHuw

Yes I know it's an opinion. But opinions are based on something.
What do you base your opinion on that he bottled it?

I'm a woman - I am therefore quite capable of forming a strong opinion based on nothing other than my intuition

Or if you want a more serious answer, I believe that he was offered the job with the salary that he wanted and (to some extent bearing in mind it's Jenkins) a say over transfers and decided that he didn't want to risk his reputation given the position we were in at the time, and he said that if we stayed up he would take the job in the summer instead.
New manager on 17:25 - Dec 28 with 941 viewsDarran

New manager on 17:19 - Dec 28 by 34dfgdf54

Liverpool and Chelsea played weakened teams against us.

What a load of boll0x.

Yeah they did,100% they did.

CHELSEA: Asmir Begovic, Branislav Ivanovic (capt), Cesc Fabregas, Baba Rahman, Oscar, Alexandre Pato (Bertrand Traore, 64), John Obi Mikel, Pedro, Matt Miazga (Kenedy, HT), Cesar Azpilicueta, Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Falcao, 76).

LIVERPOOL: Danny Ward, Nathaniel Clyne, Dejan Lovren, Philippe Coutinho (Christian Benteke, ht), Daniel Sturridge, Jordon Ibe (Cameron Brannagan, 80), Kevin Stewart, Martin Skrtel (capt), Brad Smith, Sheyi Ojo, Pedro Chirivella (Lucas Leiva, ht).

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New manager on 17:44 - Dec 28 with 881 views34dfgdf54

New manager on 17:25 - Dec 28 by Darran

Yeah they did,100% they did.

CHELSEA: Asmir Begovic, Branislav Ivanovic (capt), Cesc Fabregas, Baba Rahman, Oscar, Alexandre Pato (Bertrand Traore, 64), John Obi Mikel, Pedro, Matt Miazga (Kenedy, HT), Cesar Azpilicueta, Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Falcao, 76).

LIVERPOOL: Danny Ward, Nathaniel Clyne, Dejan Lovren, Philippe Coutinho (Christian Benteke, ht), Daniel Sturridge, Jordon Ibe (Cameron Brannagan, 80), Kevin Stewart, Martin Skrtel (capt), Brad Smith, Sheyi Ojo, Pedro Chirivella (Lucas Leiva, ht).

I thought you were talking about this year. Apologies.

Both of them sides would destroy us now however.
New manager on 17:48 - Dec 28 with 866 viewsDarran

New manager on 17:44 - Dec 28 by 34dfgdf54

I thought you were talking about this year. Apologies.

Both of them sides would destroy us now however.

Accepted.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New manager on 17:53 - Dec 28 with 839 viewsKrisP

New manager on 15:18 - Dec 28 by Dyfnant

He wouldn't come here when unemployed post Liverpool, when we were better placed and with a better squad. Zero possibility now

You don't think he'd have come back in the summer? I think he was well up for it but Jenkins took the cheaper and more easily manageable option in Guidolin.
New manager on 18:39 - Dec 28 with 773 viewsmajorraglan

New manager on 17:06 - Dec 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

And then add the games he managed this season. He did a truly awful job. Hoe he was people defending him is ludicrous. He did a terrible job and continued Garry's legacy of taking the club backwards.

Given what he was working with FG and his coaching team did a tidy job at Swansea City last season, they stopped the rot and took the club to mid table safety.

This season he had a squad which had lost 2 of its best players, 2 new strikers who hadn't had the benefit of a full preseason, a tough start to the season and load of grief from the media which was probably undermining his position. I am not saying he would have delivered a champions league finish, but I think he was better than a lot on here give him credit for being.

Did BB or GM last season do any better than FG with more or less the same squad? Don't think so!

What's done is done. The clock can't be turned back, all we can do is hope the right changes are made now so the club has a brighter future.

My personal belief is that the board thought the playing squad is better than it is and whether some like it or not, losing AW and not replacing him effectively has been a massive blow. It may be a case of £12m in the bank, but his departure is apparent on the field and in the league table.

For what it's worth, a guy in work reckons the new manager will be Roberto Martinez, he knows someone who knows someone who knows someone, he lumped on at about 20 to 1. I am not convinced though.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 18:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024