Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 messages for Harry Kane 10:12 - May 23 with 7030 viewswelwynranger

(1) You are not as good as you think you are.
(2) You should have let Vardey take the penalty.
2 messages for Harry Kane on 09:50 - Jun 28 with 2342 viewssimmo

2 messages for Harry Kane on 09:23 - Jun 28 by bosh67

He looked knackered in the last few games of the Prem. Very under powered at the tournament. A risk taking manager would have put Rashford straight in from the start of the tournament.

Or play Vardy instead. The most in-form and ruthless striker of the season. Personally I would have played them both centrally and a tight diamind behind them, we don't have wingers anyway and the strikers we have are easily our strongest asset, so we should have stuck both up top in the middle and tried to work the ball to them. Instead we played unfit strikers on the wings and then took no alternatives to incase we needed to change the system.

We were so busy trying to be Arsenal with technically proficient rotating front 3's that we forgot about simply servicing 2 of the best and most in-form forwards we've had for donkeys years

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

2 messages for Harry Kane on 17:47 - Jun 28 with 2221 viewsloftboy

Just seen a post on facebook where an Icelandic player was saying about the lack of respect shown by the England players,one was joe Hart shouting in the tunnel at half time" we'll have to better than this against France, the other was Harry Kane asking the referee "if we lose this are we out" not sure how genuine it is but fúckinghell a five year old would have known that.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

2 messages for Harry Kane on 20:21 - Jun 28 with 2149 viewssix_foot_two

Here is a snapshot of his performance last night

2 messages for Harry Kane on 04:31 - Jun 29 with 2038 viewstimcocking

Don't think we should be blaming Harry for anything. Not his fault we have nobody else. He's only young.

Vardy does his best, it's a great story but i'm not sure he's of the Paul Scholes/ Matt le Tissier class of penalties. More like Michael Owen, who'd run up and whack it and miss half of the time. It'd be nice to think at least 1 or 2 of the squad should have the technical ability to hit the top corner at least 9 times out of 10 in a country with our population. I mean what did le Tissier score, was it 48 out of 49 penalties or something? Can't put that down to luck.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 5:33]
2 messages for Harry Kane on 04:47 - Jun 29 with 2034 viewstimcocking

2 messages for Harry Kane on 12:07 - May 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Until English Maradonnas and Peles start dropping out of Roy Hodgson's arse let's just get on with it without nasty snipes eh.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 12:14]

When we do get a good player, that get rounded on pretty quickly.

Paul Scholes was pretty much driven out of the team and 10 years later most of those people who were booing him would lie and say he was a great player, now they've realised what was obvious at the time. It'll be the same with Rooney, all those people saying how crap he is all of the time instead of appreciating the fact he's been trying to carry a sh!t team for the last 10 years.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 5:37]
2 messages for Harry Kane on 05:52 - Jun 29 with 2011 viewsSydneyRs

2 messages for Harry Kane on 17:47 - Jun 28 by loftboy

Just seen a post on facebook where an Icelandic player was saying about the lack of respect shown by the England players,one was joe Hart shouting in the tunnel at half time" we'll have to better than this against France, the other was Harry Kane asking the referee "if we lose this are we out" not sure how genuine it is but fúckinghell a five year old would have known that.

I didn't see the tunnel footage v Iceland, but I did v Wales and Hart was carrying on like a right w@nker, shooting his mouth off , shouting "get that "fcuking ball!" type statements over and over again. Maybe he's trying to intimidate his opponents, but I would be laughing at him if I was in the Wales side. It smacked of an insecure man trying to hide his insecurities and succeeding only in doing the exact opposite. His effort for Bale's goal was a much more accurate gauge of his confidence levels.

The report about what he said in the tunnel v Iceland rings true based on his behaviour before the Wales game, and again he gifted the opposition a vital goal. A bit of humility is long overdue. I don't care who you are or think you are, show respect for your opponents. I couldn't help feeling pleased for Iceland as the game went on, despite hoping England could turn it around. Seeing their team spirit, commitment and relationship with their magnificent supporters made me a bit envious. Going in with their attitude seems a far better way to enjoy these tournaments. I know its different for them and they have nothing to lose really, and no real pressure on them, but they were a joy to watch in comparison to our panic stricken rabble.

The next manager appointment is crucial. The England rugby team has just shown how quickly an abject tournament failure can be turned around with a change of leadership to someone who fosters the right attitude and breeds self belief among the players. An away team winning 3-0 in Australia is pretty much unheard of, even the All Blacks would struggle to win 3 weeks in a row here. And this from a side thrashed at home by the Aussies in the world cup only around 8 months ago.

There is no doubt that England has a very talented bunch of young players who, with the right guidance, are capable of great things. They were the youngest squad at the Euros. The ability is there, the belief isn't at the moment. The right leader could change that.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 5:52]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024