Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed 13:39 - Apr 21 with 7675 viewsVetchitBack

A lot of people aimed a lot of very strong comments at those who weighed up the evidence, made rational judgements and ultimately questioned the decision...

[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 13:41]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 21:34 - Apr 21 with 1101 viewsItchySphincter

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 20:03 - Apr 21 by Jango

You are blatantly not on the let justice take its course camp tho are you you hypocrite! You're on the 'he's still guilty camp!

I totally agree with the let justice take its course, and if he's found guilty again after new evidence then it's beyond doubt in my eyes, but the hypocrisy of people on this group is comical at times!

Of course I'm in the let justice take it's course camp. If in the event of a retrial he is found not guilty he will be 'the former convicted rapist'. Dumbo.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed (n/t) on 22:07 - Apr 21 with 1075 viewsChief

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 21:28 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

The appeal was worthwhile because he couldn't find anything that would pay him £40k a week rather than minimum wage for the next few years.

They were confident that the verdict would be thrown out with no retrial as they had new evidence. They even issued the wrong statement after the verdict and had to retract it and replace with a far more circumspect statement. The judge was obviously convinced the new evidence was relevant but didn't believe that it showed him to be not guilty.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed (n/t) on 22:07 - Apr 21 with 1075 viewsChief

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 21:28 - Apr 21 by londonlisa2001

The appeal was worthwhile because he couldn't find anything that would pay him £40k a week rather than minimum wage for the next few years.

They were confident that the verdict would be thrown out with no retrial as they had new evidence. They even issued the wrong statement after the verdict and had to retract it and replace with a far more circumspect statement. The judge was obviously convinced the new evidence was relevant but didn't believe that it showed him to be not guilty.

There's enough money in the family, he wouldn't need to have a minimum wage job and he must know that after 3 years (and in his prime he was only a decent championship striker at best) that he is very unlikely to get near the wages he once commanded. With this in mind, I find it hard to believe that he'd risk going back to jail if (having known this potential consequences of this appeal) if they weren't confident that this new evidence would exonerate him
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 22:14]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024