Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed 13:39 - Apr 21 with 7676 viewsVetchitBack

A lot of people aimed a lot of very strong comments at those who weighed up the evidence, made rational judgements and ultimately questioned the decision...

[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 13:41]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:58 - Apr 21 with 1612 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:54 - Apr 21 by pikeypaul

Deep down the legal team will be laughing their fecking heads off at order of a retrial.

Whilst Evans is stumping up the cash they will be happy.

Evans girlfriends father that is. He's the money man behind all this.

At worst, Evans is a rapist. At best, he cheated on his girlfriend. If I was the girlfriends dad, I'd sure as hell not pay a single penny.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 16:39 - Apr 21 with 1569 viewsLohengrin

Does this mean he's now able to be selected for the Summer?

EDIT: Apologies I missed the thread on that question. Oops!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 16:45]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 17:24 - Apr 21 with 1516 viewsacejack3065

If he's got even an outside chance of getting found not guilty eventually he's going to take that opportunity. He's got the money and the determination, ego or whatever.

He's missed his opportunity for an almost literal get out of jail free card and now everyone has to go through the whole thing again. It will be interesting to see if this new evidence explains why he falsely obtained a key to the hotel room.
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 17:34 - Apr 21 with 1500 viewsItchySphincter

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:10 - Apr 21 by VetchitBack

I doubt the prosecution's case will be able to be described as easy. But maybe people on here will be right again like they were last time.

Oh, so you're one of those.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 17:36 - Apr 21 with 1499 viewsItchySphincter

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:36 - Apr 21 by VetchitBack

No the news article I read stated that there will be another trial.

Posters jumped to the conclusion that I didn't know this/raced to show-off their legal knowledge which may have Impressed someone I don't know.

My point was and is that if he is found not-guilty the many who threw around ridiculous insults such as "rape-apologist' should feel appropriately idiotic. Well they should anyway in fact.

Rape apologist.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:15 - Apr 21 with 1456 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 14:55 - Apr 21 by pikeypaul

Your opening post is very obviously a "see we were correct the anti Evans posters wrong" comment
nothing at all to do with CE is on bail awaiting a rape trial which is the case.

The jury listened to all the evidence available at the time and found him guilty,and the next jury may well do the same.

So can you tell me what evidence you have that you weighed up and made rational decisions about that were not available to the jury who sat and listened to the entire case and found him guilty?

Yes that's right that's I believe the hysterical Twiiter mob's moral outrage was misplaced and given what we all know about this case I can't believe two juries would come to the same conclusion.

An utterly bizarre conviction which devalues the term "rape" in my opinion. Maybe It has to do with the fact that he is footballer I'm not sure?

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:21 - Apr 21 with 1447 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:15 - Apr 21 by VetchitBack

Yes that's right that's I believe the hysterical Twiiter mob's moral outrage was misplaced and given what we all know about this case I can't believe two juries would come to the same conclusion.

An utterly bizarre conviction which devalues the term "rape" in my opinion. Maybe It has to do with the fact that he is footballer I'm not sure?

And if the jury at the retrial find him guilty?

Do they all just hate footballers too?

Heard it all now...

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:23 - Apr 21 with 1443 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 15:21 - Apr 21 by Dewi1jack

This.
If the appeal judge actually thought there was no chance of proving the case beyond all reasonable doubt, she'd have ordered the case dismissed and no retrial.
Just seems a 'Ched Evans is innocent' poster is trying to say "I told you so."

Even using fresh evidence (of which Vetchitback has seen fukall of) Evans is not innocent.

How the **** can Vetchitback "weigh up the evidence, made rational judgements and ultimately questioned the decision..." when you saw nothing and I do mean nothing of the original trial documents?
Unless you were on the Jury.
I'm going to guess you weren't because if you were you would now be facing (or have faced) many numerous charges including Contempt.

Don't attempt to be condescending to fans of another team (although what that has to do with anything...) when you're so obviously badly informed about the legal system.
Just makes you look stupid.

Scolding me for being condescending to a Cardiff fan whilst sporting an anti-Cardiff signature speaks volume mate.

As does having the imagination and courage to call a stranger stupid on Internet forum.

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:25 - Apr 21 with 1436 viewssiralan

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:15 - Apr 21 by VetchitBack

Stop digging.

You've already made s dick of yourself.

Why would two juries not come to the same verdict? Unless
the NEW evidence shows he is not a rapist no reason why same verdict
reached.

You seem to think you have greater knowledge of the case
than the original jury who sat in court the entire case and found
him guilty on all available (any that time) evidence.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 18:33]
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:27 - Apr 21 with 1428 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 17:36 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

Rape apologist.

Keyboard warrior.

Internet hardman.

At least my accusations are self evidently true.

I'd be very careful about saying things like to people personally.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:29 - Apr 21 with 1420 viewsItchySphincter

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:27 - Apr 21 by VetchitBack

Keyboard warrior.

Internet hardman.

At least my accusations are self evidently true.

I'd be very careful about saying things like to people personally.

lol

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:30 - Apr 21 with 1416 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:29 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

lol

Accusations self-evidently true?

If you're on enough smack to bump off Keith Richards, possibly.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:33 - Apr 21 with 1408 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:25 - Apr 21 by siralan

Stop digging.

You've already made s dick of yourself.

Why would two juries not come to the same verdict? Unless
the NEW evidence shows he is not a rapist no reason why same verdict
reached.

You seem to think you have greater knowledge of the case
than the original jury who sat in court the entire case and found
him guilty on all available (any that time) evidence.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 18:33]

I don't understand this "digging" theme? I'm not scared to go against the tide of opinion on here. The majority of posters on here can quite often be wrong about things mind?

Insults simply make YOU look weak and pathetic.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:35 - Apr 21 with 1395 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:29 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

lol

Yeah I was as well.

Easy to be brave on the internet. Which is why it is so appealing.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:37 - Apr 21 with 1388 viewsItchySphincter

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:35 - Apr 21 by VetchitBack

Yeah I was as well.

Easy to be brave on the internet. Which is why it is so appealing.

Maybe next time you should finish creaming your pants before coming on here with banal statements?

*rhetorical.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:37 - Apr 21 with 1313 viewsVetchitBack

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:30 - Apr 21 by blueytheblue

Accusations self-evidently true?

If you're on enough smack to bump off Keith Richards, possibly.

Yes my accusations of Itchy something being a Keyboard Warrior vs him calling me a "rape apologist"

Which would be terrible if I knew or respected him

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:38 - Apr 21 with 1307 viewsblueytheblue

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:33 - Apr 21 by VetchitBack

I don't understand this "digging" theme? I'm not scared to go against the tide of opinion on here. The majority of posters on here can quite often be wrong about things mind?

Insults simply make YOU look weak and pathetic.

Let's explain this very, very simply.

The appeal judges had three main options.

Reject the appeal - evidence provided found to be utter bollox, irrelevant to case.

Uphold the appeal, no retrial - conclusive evidence provided Ched innocent, no need for a retrial due to said evidence showing complete innocence.

Uphold the appeal with a retrial - evidence provided which would need to be fully investigated in a trial; no judgement on the validity of the evidence either way just that it needed to be brought up.

Guess which option they went with, eh?

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:38 - Apr 21 with 1307 viewsItchySphincter

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:37 - Apr 21 by VetchitBack

Yes my accusations of Itchy something being a Keyboard Warrior vs him calling me a "rape apologist"

Which would be terrible if I knew or respected him

What's your point?

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:39 - Apr 21 with 1301 viewssiralan

`insults make you look weak and pathetic`

The irony of that post is amazing
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:43 - Apr 21 with 1287 viewsItchySphincter

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:39 - Apr 21 by siralan

`insults make you look weak and pathetic`

The irony of that post is amazing

You get used to it. It's like groundhog day on here and we're ready for another Chedwyn Evans thread now that Adam Johnson has gone away.

On one hand you'll have the 'let justice take it's course' camp and on the other you'll have the 'he's innocent, she's a slag' brigade.

I wonder which way vetchit is leaning?

Buckle up.

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 20:03 - Apr 21 with 1197 viewsJango

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 18:43 - Apr 21 by ItchySphincter

You get used to it. It's like groundhog day on here and we're ready for another Chedwyn Evans thread now that Adam Johnson has gone away.

On one hand you'll have the 'let justice take it's course' camp and on the other you'll have the 'he's innocent, she's a slag' brigade.

I wonder which way vetchit is leaning?

Buckle up.

You are blatantly not on the let justice take its course camp tho are you you hypocrite! You're on the 'he's still guilty camp!

I totally agree with the let justice take its course, and if he's found guilty again after new evidence then it's beyond doubt in my eyes, but the hypocrisy of people on this group is comical at times!
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 20:13 - Apr 21 with 1175 viewsraynor94

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 20:03 - Apr 21 by Jango

You are blatantly not on the let justice take its course camp tho are you you hypocrite! You're on the 'he's still guilty camp!

I totally agree with the let justice take its course, and if he's found guilty again after new evidence then it's beyond doubt in my eyes, but the hypocrisy of people on this group is comical at times!

Lo and behold, an Adam Johnson apologist appears as if by magic

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 21:04 - Apr 21 with 1114 viewsChief

Going on the details that were made public during the trial, I was amazed that he was able to be found guilty of rape.

This and the confidence of Evans having served his time to still appeal (knowing full well of the possibility of a retrial and not straight acquittal) seems to back this up.

He's a dirty horrible Bastard no doubt, but being that in itself is not a criminal offence, although that's what I feel he was put on trial for

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 21:18 - Apr 21 with 1095 viewsJango

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 20:13 - Apr 21 by raynor94

Lo and behold, an Adam Johnson apologist appears as if by magic

Yep I had a feeling you'd chirp in pretty quickly, you don't seem to have much of a life off of planetswans. Please find me an example of where I have stuck up for Adam Johnson because you definitely won't. Neither am I defending ched Evans here. Just amazes how some people on her can abuse people for coming to the conclusion he's innocent because there's a retrial, when they themselves have concluded he's still guilty even tho there's been a retrial.
Nobody knows what the evidence is so nobody has a clue if he's guilty or not anymore. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion on the matter without the usual tedious posters jumping down their throats. He's been given a retrial and if he's found guilty the so be it he's guilty, if he's found not guilty it's a shame he's had his life ruined. You however will have him down as guilty regardless of the retrials verdict even tho you were so quick to stand by the judicial system that found him guilty in the first place. As I've said before you're a bunch of hypocrites
Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 21:28 - Apr 21 with 1086 viewslondonlisa2001

Ched Evans Rape Conviction Quashed on 21:04 - Apr 21 by Chief

Going on the details that were made public during the trial, I was amazed that he was able to be found guilty of rape.

This and the confidence of Evans having served his time to still appeal (knowing full well of the possibility of a retrial and not straight acquittal) seems to back this up.

He's a dirty horrible Bastard no doubt, but being that in itself is not a criminal offence, although that's what I feel he was put on trial for

The appeal was worthwhile because he couldn't find anything that would pay him £40k a week rather than minimum wage for the next few years.

They were confident that the verdict would be thrown out with no retrial as they had new evidence. They even issued the wrong statement after the verdict and had to retract it and replace with a far more circumspect statement. The judge was obviously convinced the new evidence was relevant but didn't believe that it showed him to be not guilty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024