Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marriott Hotel 09:31 - Mar 9 with 2061 viewsskettywestern

So was the Marriott hotel built the wrong way round as this blogger suggests?
http://jacothenorth.net/blog/i-been-home-i-have-tidy-it-was/
Marriott Hotel on 09:43 - Mar 9 with 2046 viewsdickythorpe

Who gives a flying feck?
Marriott Hotel on 10:21 - Mar 9 with 1999 viewstrampie

Old boyo Jonesy must be devastated to see a union jack in the Swansea end, not long after the anniversary of the Swansea blitz and he sees that material, he thinks those people will probably be supporting England against Wales [he would not be the only one to think that], I note from one of the replies that somebody thinks that flag should be banned [in the context its displayed], they banned Welsh flags other than the Dragon and Celtic flags from certain places like the Millennium Stadium.

It must be awful for an old North banker and Swansea and Wales activist like jaco to see such sights on his old home patch.

Jaco you know more than most we are overrun butt [which is ok some say if they assimilate but enforcing their ways on locals some think that ain't right] , fight the good fight jaco, at least the Swans won and now have a very good chance of representing the city and Wales in the top flight again next season.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 10:56]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Marriott Hotel on 11:06 - Mar 9 with 1932 viewsCopperJack

So, because they have a Union flag, they're a disgrace? Don't see the tenuous link to the three nights blitz has any relevance. In fact, he may want to check his history because during the war, we fought as Britain, under the Union flag, not Wales, under a Welsh flag.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Marriott Hotel on 11:10 - Mar 9 with 1923 viewsfather_jack

some fuc.king odd posts on this forum thesedays.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Marriott Hotel on 11:13 - Mar 9 with 1910 viewstrampie

Marriott Hotel on 11:06 - Mar 9 by CopperJack

So, because they have a Union flag, they're a disgrace? Don't see the tenuous link to the three nights blitz has any relevance. In fact, he may want to check his history because during the war, we fought as Britain, under the Union flag, not Wales, under a Welsh flag.

Jaco knows all about history butt and the context of that history.

The union jack is associated with the British Empire and all that entails [have you heard of the butchers apron ?], its associated with England as in the 66 WC [check out the flags in the crowd whenever England were playing] and its associated with fascism as in fascist groups often flying the flag when on demo's and it was a fascist regime that bombed Swansea in WW2, Swansea is a Welsh club, there is no reason why supporters of a Welsh club should display that flag, we have our own unique Welsh flags.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 11:30]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Marriott Hotel on 12:13 - Mar 9 with 1838 viewsperchrockjack

As Wales is constitutionally part of England, don't see the problem. Our flag is not on the union flag for a reason and that is we are represented by the English cross on the flag. Hard to swallow.

Maybe Marriott should pull out and take the jobs too.

It's just as well the English are not as bitter as Welsh nationalist clowns who have yet to see the light

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Marriott Hotel on 12:17 - Mar 9 with 1825 viewsDr_Winston

So, purely by the fact that there's a Union Flag on show, this chap was able to ascertain that everyone around said flag was both a fascist and a racist.

Sounds like a prize bellend that the city is better off shot of to be honest.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Marriott Hotel on 12:18 - Mar 9 with 1819 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Dear god.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Login to get fewer ads

Marriott Hotel on 12:24 - Mar 9 with 1795 viewsCopperJack

Marriott Hotel on 11:13 - Mar 9 by trampie

Jaco knows all about history butt and the context of that history.

The union jack is associated with the British Empire and all that entails [have you heard of the butchers apron ?], its associated with England as in the 66 WC [check out the flags in the crowd whenever England were playing] and its associated with fascism as in fascist groups often flying the flag when on demo's and it was a fascist regime that bombed Swansea in WW2, Swansea is a Welsh club, there is no reason why supporters of a Welsh club should display that flag, we have our own unique Welsh flags.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 11:30]

Well he clearly doesn't. The British Empire ended over 50 years ago. Is the American flag associated with slavery? Is the German flag associated with Nazism? Italian with fascism? French with Napoleon? The Welsh flag with the Welsh Defence League?

It's merely a method for anti-British bigots, like Welsh nationalists, to cry about.

It's like saying the Welsh flag is associated with Sanders Lewis who would e described in incredibly neferious terms if he was engaging in militancy today - although, I highly imagine he is a hero of yours - taking down the British.

Swansea is a Welsh club, it's also a British club (check your passport), playing in an English league - I notice you don't object to that? Bit hypocritical. It's not associated with fascism at all apart from by xenophobic bigots to push their nationalist agenda. It's associated with Britain - the country which gave birth to the NHS, the world's language, some of the world's greatest literature and cultural influences, monarchy etc. England flew it in 66 because they saw themselves as British - most Welsh people did as well before people started creating a 'them and us' agenda.

Pathetic.

Marriott Hotel on 12:26 - Mar 9 with 1786 viewsCopperJack

Trampie's arguments are repeatedly so ridiculous I can never tell if he's on a wind up.

Marriott Hotel on 12:30 - Mar 9 with 1763 viewstrampie

Jaco is an interesting boyo, I often agree with him but not always, he is investigative, good at presenting evidence and has an opinion.

As regards Swansea if locals drop their guard then Cardiff will get the barrage and Swansea wont get the tidal lagoon is a concern.

There is a cricket WC starting with Ireland, England and Scotland involved, oh well.

Marriott Hotel on 12:33 - Mar 9 with 1758 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Marriott Hotel on 12:26 - Mar 9 by CopperJack

Trampie's arguments are repeatedly so ridiculous I can never tell if he's on a wind up.

Like you, I'm pretty left leaning, but also try to be a realist. The knots these Nats of any stripe end up tying themselves in trying to justify their own special little snowflake brands of xenophobia is pretty ridiculous.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Marriott Hotel on 12:34 - Mar 9 with 1751 viewsperchrockjack

He could sell be serious.

He will also be hoping Cardiff, being the capital, go up to prem.

It's why I struggle sometimes to tolerate clowns that truly shame my family , city and upbringing.

We re better than this crap

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Marriott Hotel on 12:36 - Mar 9 with 1743 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Marriott Hotel on 12:33 - Mar 9 by NeiltheTaylor

Like you, I'm pretty left leaning, but also try to be a realist. The knots these Nats of any stripe end up tying themselves in trying to justify their own special little snowflake brands of xenophobia is pretty ridiculous.

They're very quick to label others as fascist though.

Which is more than a bit ironic.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Marriott Hotel on 12:37 - Mar 9 with 1733 viewsCopperJack

In a nutshell.

Marriott Hotel on 12:43 - Mar 9 with 1714 viewsDevz00

As soon as I opened the link, I knew this would turn into a flag thread.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Marriott Hotel on 12:55 - Mar 9 with 1672 viewstrampie

Jaco isn't on the left and from what ive read over the years he seems to dislikes Plaid for not being a true nationalist party [he is not the only Welsh patriotic blogger that seems to think that from what I have seen, they don't think Plaid are very nationalist and that they cosy up to the British State], for not speaking up on certain issues and for being on the left, but his posts are usually well researched with strong arguments.
If you know your peoples history [which few in Wales do] then you might be inclined to look at things in a different light, I think its fair to say Jaco does look at things in a different light, but he's interesting and switched on.

Marriott Hotel on 16:40 - Mar 9 with 1509 viewsLoyal

Marriott Hotel on 11:10 - Mar 9 by father_jack

some fuc.king odd posts on this forum thesedays.

Here's nothing in the tin so I put it in the cupboard next to the bread 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Marriott Hotel on 16:41 - Mar 9 with 1507 viewsLoyal

Marriott Hotel on 12:55 - Mar 9 by trampie

Jaco isn't on the left and from what ive read over the years he seems to dislikes Plaid for not being a true nationalist party [he is not the only Welsh patriotic blogger that seems to think that from what I have seen, they don't think Plaid are very nationalist and that they cosy up to the British State], for not speaking up on certain issues and for being on the left, but his posts are usually well researched with strong arguments.
If you know your peoples history [which few in Wales do] then you might be inclined to look at things in a different light, I think its fair to say Jaco does look at things in a different light, but he's interesting and switched on.

The British state is where you live my friend 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Marriott Hotel on 16:47 - Mar 9 with 1488 viewstrampie

Marriott Hotel on 16:41 - Mar 9 by Loyal

The British state is where you live my friend 👍

I thought we lived in an EU super state ?

Marriott Hotel on 18:04 - Mar 9 with 1413 viewsLoyal

Marriott Hotel on 16:47 - Mar 9 by trampie

I thought we lived in an EU super state ?

Ha Ha nice one. Nah we are under UK rule, the euro is just someone we sleep with now and again 👍

Marriott Hotel on 18:46 - Mar 9 with 1367 viewstrampie

Marriott Hotel on 18:04 - Mar 9 by Loyal

Ha Ha nice one. Nah we are under UK rule, the euro is just someone we sleep with now and again 👍

No people every night on the news say our laws are made in Brussels and we can't raise tariffs to protect our industries and we can't stop people from EU countries coming here blah, blah, blah.

Marriott Hotel on 18:48 - Mar 9 with 1363 viewsLeonisGod

Marriott Hotel on 09:43 - Mar 9 by dickythorpe

Who gives a flying feck?

Nailed it!
Marriott Hotel on 18:59 - Mar 9 with 1336 viewstrampie

Has it ever flooded down there ?, do they have an underground carpark or something ?

Marriott Hotel on 21:27 - Mar 9 with 1238 viewstrampie

Any basements in that area could become swimming pools, if the sea came in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024