Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia. 23:18 - Oct 8 with 11893 viewsBrightonhoop

Are they bad or wot? Going into Syria, kicking ass, destroying IS in a matter of days, looking for the duck that walks like a terrorist, and delivering the orange sauce. Cheeky bastards, showing up the US and Cameron and co, incompetently feeding IS for 12 months outside International Law in the bid to topple Assad. Because doing away with Saddam and Gaddafi so made the world a safer place.

Putin can never be forgiven for Ambrovich and he is solely responsible. But he knows how to kick a terrorist and will personally deliver a cruise missile up the jacksie of the wanna be rulers of the world. The Islamists are taking an utter pasting. In days. What the US claims to have sought and tried for 12 months and singularly failed.

The Ruskies have their own objectives, but these little vermin, sewer rats hiding behind Islam have all the backbone of a snake. Why didn't the US take them out so efficiently? Word is Rumsfeld is on the board and Murdoch is a major shareholder.

What a scummy world these types reduce it to. Maybe it's me but it is pure joy to see these Islam extremists grabbing their ankles to take a cruise missile up the backside. You have to doff your cap to Putin on this one. Them knuts are getting properly served up at last. There's rescinding passports of those gone to 'fight' and there's saying 'hello, here's a cruise missile you knut.'
[Post edited 8 Oct 2015 23:24]
Russia. on 23:46 - Oct 10 with 2196 viewsLythamR

Countries themselves may not be directly enriched by wars, but certain elements within countries most certainly do, those that on the companies that produce armaments, weapons and supplies for starters, interested parties close to the ruling elements within the countries

I find it very hypocritical of certain countries that they are outraged or concerned that Russia has entered the Fray

Russia as a country has become hemmed in and is surrounded by potential enemies at all sides. The US and Nato countries and particularly the US and UK have been able to test their armed forces continuously in real conflicts while since 1980 Russia has been limited to fighting Guerillas in Chechen/Georgia

Hardly surprising that they have taken this opportunity now to get involved in Syria. An opportunity that would have been denied them if Syria had been dealt with effectively a few years back,

Now we find out that the hundreds of millions in weapons and support poured in to the insurgents in syria by the US has mostly been handed straight over to IS so that worked out well didnt it (hardly any mention of this in the mainstream press) , meanwhile the Russians get it in the neck for going in and getting on with the job while the american receive a mild censure for bombing the crap out of a hospital in afghanistan

There is no Black and White in this syrian situation, like many conflicts it is a multi faceted and complex situation with many vested interests and perspective of the rights and wrongs are coloured by individual viewpoints

What is abundantly clear though is that once again many millions of pounds of western weapons and training funded by us the taxpayers are now being leveraged by murderous extremists and the people that are suffering are once again the poor and disposed that are unfortunate enough to live in the conflict zones
Russia. on 23:56 - Oct 10 with 2188 viewsCiderwithRsie

Russia. on 23:46 - Oct 10 by LythamR

Countries themselves may not be directly enriched by wars, but certain elements within countries most certainly do, those that on the companies that produce armaments, weapons and supplies for starters, interested parties close to the ruling elements within the countries

I find it very hypocritical of certain countries that they are outraged or concerned that Russia has entered the Fray

Russia as a country has become hemmed in and is surrounded by potential enemies at all sides. The US and Nato countries and particularly the US and UK have been able to test their armed forces continuously in real conflicts while since 1980 Russia has been limited to fighting Guerillas in Chechen/Georgia

Hardly surprising that they have taken this opportunity now to get involved in Syria. An opportunity that would have been denied them if Syria had been dealt with effectively a few years back,

Now we find out that the hundreds of millions in weapons and support poured in to the insurgents in syria by the US has mostly been handed straight over to IS so that worked out well didnt it (hardly any mention of this in the mainstream press) , meanwhile the Russians get it in the neck for going in and getting on with the job while the american receive a mild censure for bombing the crap out of a hospital in afghanistan

There is no Black and White in this syrian situation, like many conflicts it is a multi faceted and complex situation with many vested interests and perspective of the rights and wrongs are coloured by individual viewpoints

What is abundantly clear though is that once again many millions of pounds of western weapons and training funded by us the taxpayers are now being leveraged by murderous extremists and the people that are suffering are once again the poor and disposed that are unfortunate enough to live in the conflict zones

Countries themselves may not be directly enriched by wars, but certain elements within countries most certainly do

Quite right, when I said no-one makes a profit I meant no country or government.

Can't quarrel with anything else in your post either.
Russia. on 00:25 - Oct 11 with 2172 viewsMrSheen

Russia. on 23:46 - Oct 10 by LythamR

I imagine you mean 1990, not 1980, as they spent 10 years in Afghanistan. Their wars in Georgia and Chechnya were full scale invasions, not just dealing with guerillas, and they have fought insurgency wars in Abkhazia and Ukraine since. We have yet to discover who they have attacked in Syria and what damage they have done. Not sure about the "hemmed in and surrounded by enemies on all sides either. Their longest borders are with Mongolia, China and the Stans. Their Western borders are countries that have only been attacked by Russia in the last 150 years, eg Ukraine, Georgia, the Baltics and Finland, not the other way round, or are friendly puppets like Belarus or Azerbaijan. While I agree about the pointless waste of Western resources, the fact is that most Syrian civilian casualties in the war have been caused by the side that now has additional help from Russia.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 0:26]
Russia. on 01:01 - Oct 11 with 2143 viewsBrightonhoop

Russia. on 00:25 - Oct 11 by MrSheen

I imagine you mean 1990, not 1980, as they spent 10 years in Afghanistan. Their wars in Georgia and Chechnya were full scale invasions, not just dealing with guerillas, and they have fought insurgency wars in Abkhazia and Ukraine since. We have yet to discover who they have attacked in Syria and what damage they have done. Not sure about the "hemmed in and surrounded by enemies on all sides either. Their longest borders are with Mongolia, China and the Stans. Their Western borders are countries that have only been attacked by Russia in the last 150 years, eg Ukraine, Georgia, the Baltics and Finland, not the other way round, or are friendly puppets like Belarus or Azerbaijan. While I agree about the pointless waste of Western resources, the fact is that most Syrian civilian casualties in the war have been caused by the side that now has additional help from Russia.

It's fcked. fcked up. killing a Saddam or Gaddafi has not made it better. Whose next?>? Kenn Dodd? He deserves it but international says a trial first. These mugs just bomb refugees into Europe whilst giving Saudi monsters positions on Human Rights at the UN.

Them;s facts. Ugly ugly ugly, facts.
Russia. on 05:20 - Oct 11 with 2113 viewsLadbrokeR

Russia. on 01:01 - Oct 11 by Brightonhoop

It's fcked. fcked up. killing a Saddam or Gaddafi has not made it better. Whose next?>? Kenn Dodd? He deserves it but international says a trial first. These mugs just bomb refugees into Europe whilst giving Saudi monsters positions on Human Rights at the UN.

Them;s facts. Ugly ugly ugly, facts.

I am not the most informed when it comes to these matters but Putin supports Assads regime but is anti ISIS. In which case the Russians are dropping bombs on iSIS but if some of the free Syria army are taken out it's not a major concern.
Russia. on 05:34 - Oct 11 with 2113 viewsisawqpratwcity

Blob, I owe you an apology. I portrayed you as an incredibly aged, incompetent member of the ruling class, assisting Churchill with another of the numerous, monumental stuff ups that were the mileposts on his road towards being, deservedly, the greatest Briton of all time. Alas, my portrayal of you lacked sufficient accuracy.

I like weaving gentle insults into the ironies that surround such moments in history. I never meant that your apparent fixation with gold actually extended to a misguided and blatantly self-serving enforcement of the Gold Standard. Btw, half of my acerbic little whimsy was a straight cut-and-paste out of Churchill's Wikipedia entry.

The thing is, though, that I do agree with you: countries do go to war out of economic self-interest. It doesn't have be physical possession, mere 'influence' is sufficient. America's interest in the Middle East is obviously oil, but they are not there to take the oil, they are there to make sure enough Middle Eastern governments are not opposed to America getting enough oil at a suitable price for the US economy to prosper. Their secondary goal is to stifle expansionist fundamental Islam.

Furthermore, assisting Assad's enemies helps put pressure on Iran to be more moderate and threatens Russian influence in the strategic East Med. They'd even assist IS if only the organisation were less radical, less barbaric and less inclined to aspirations beyond the Syrian border.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 5:37]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Russia. on 08:29 - Oct 11 with 2067 viewsTheBlob

Russia. on 05:34 - Oct 11 by isawqpratwcity

Blob, I owe you an apology. I portrayed you as an incredibly aged, incompetent member of the ruling class, assisting Churchill with another of the numerous, monumental stuff ups that were the mileposts on his road towards being, deservedly, the greatest Briton of all time. Alas, my portrayal of you lacked sufficient accuracy.

I like weaving gentle insults into the ironies that surround such moments in history. I never meant that your apparent fixation with gold actually extended to a misguided and blatantly self-serving enforcement of the Gold Standard. Btw, half of my acerbic little whimsy was a straight cut-and-paste out of Churchill's Wikipedia entry.

The thing is, though, that I do agree with you: countries do go to war out of economic self-interest. It doesn't have be physical possession, mere 'influence' is sufficient. America's interest in the Middle East is obviously oil, but they are not there to take the oil, they are there to make sure enough Middle Eastern governments are not opposed to America getting enough oil at a suitable price for the US economy to prosper. Their secondary goal is to stifle expansionist fundamental Islam.

Furthermore, assisting Assad's enemies helps put pressure on Iran to be more moderate and threatens Russian influence in the strategic East Med. They'd even assist IS if only the organisation were less radical, less barbaric and less inclined to aspirations beyond the Syrian border.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 5:37]

All it does is illustrate how totally helpless you are as an individual in the scheme of things.
All I'm going to do is lay in an extra couple of tins of ravioli just in case everything goes boss-eyed.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Russia. on 09:33 - Oct 11 with 2037 viewsisawqpratwcity

Russia. on 08:29 - Oct 11 by TheBlob

All it does is illustrate how totally helpless you are as an individual in the scheme of things.
All I'm going to do is lay in an extra couple of tins of ravioli just in case everything goes boss-eyed.

Ha ha, I bet Scotty goes through your cupboards complaining about all the stuff that's out of date!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Russia. on 10:57 - Oct 11 with 2006 viewsSomersetHoops

I'm not a fan of Russia or Putin, but they haven't made a complete mess of the Middle East, America has with (formerly Great) Britain following its lead like the lap dog we have become. We have justified removing leaders by claiming they have been killing people while America and its allies including us have killed more, innocent people in the bombing "required" to remove them. It's no wonder people in the region form groups to oppose us in the West. I don't want to be associated with the actions of our Government in that region and regret that the people there see Western civilisation as represented by these actions. It is not surprising they don't buy it. It's very sad they have developed the really evil group called ISIS and it must be dealt with. Russia and Putin are our only hope of doing it. It would have been so much better in Syria if we had tried by negotiation to moderate the actions of Assad instead of supporting a rag-bag of varied terrorists to fight him. That whole policy was a mistake and has totally failed adding strength to all the anti-Western groups in the area including ISIS. Now we are relying on Russia to sort out America's mess, while they cling onto their stupidly pathetic policies to save admitting they got it completely wrong.

Who's Next?

Russia. on 11:43 - Oct 11 with 1979 viewscaliforniahoop

I am of the belief that behind closed doors, the west is jubilant that Russia are smashing butt, as stated above, the west would have had protesters lined up for hundreds of miles if they had taken this action.

The west will enter the fray at some stage and "order" will be restored in favour of the west super powers and so the cycle begins again!!
Russia. on 13:24 - Oct 11 with 1927 viewsLythamR

Russia. on 00:25 - Oct 11 by MrSheen

yes 90 apologies

Syria is a mess, you can argue that those civilian casualieys wouldn't have occurred to anything like the extent they have if the westerns powers had not enabled trained and supplied the rebels.

If western nations felt that Assads regime was so bad they should have had the balls to go in properly and remove him.

instead they have tried to do it in a cowardly way by encouraging training and arming rebels which has resulted in the ensuing carnage and refugee crisis, The US especially has a fine track record for this.
Russia. on 13:51 - Oct 11 with 1908 viewsTheBlob

Russia. on 09:33 - Oct 11 by isawqpratwcity

Ha ha, I bet Scotty goes through your cupboards complaining about all the stuff that's out of date!

The only thing that's out of date is me - Scotty actually like my cooking.
I made a bit of a typo earlier saying the Fed was printing $1b a month - meant to say it was $1trillion a month.
Also i don't know where somebody got the impression I said Russia wanted to have a pop at iran - nothing could be further from the truth.
Russia's put a damn great spannner in the works,along with Mccain's Army turning out bad.It's probably the only time I'm going to take off my hat to Corbyn over the vote not to bomb Syria.America's poodles indeed.
The idea was using some pretext to get involved in Syria so we could eventually.aid our main "ally" and its interests in subduing iran and get a bit of bunce along the way,but the russians understandably want a piece of the action so it's now a choke point - it all stops here.
As poor old Saddam found out (and Gaddaffi)once you start selling oil for gold rather than the petro Dollar the yanks are going to come looking for ya."Isis" has also been doing this.Plus they're screwing up the drugs trail and the smuggled gold route.
So what if you loose off a few Tomahawks /Hellfires/laser guded bombs,they've been bought with useless money anyway and it's all been piled on to the national debt in the manner of R's buying expendable players and piling that debt on to the club.You'll reprovision yet again and pile that cost on the debt.Then you expect suckers to buy government bonds to take a slice of the debt,there are still mugs out there,the chinese have rumbled the trend and are offloading in record numbers.....meanwhile the produce of the looted countries goes to shave some of that off.Hell,they can manipulate the gold price if they wanted to estimates(outrageous I think) of up to $50,000 an OUNCE.You see why gold is a necessity?Then there's the oil and drugs money.....No wonder they're keen to find that Nazi gold trian stuffed away in a Polish mountain tunnel.Supposedly full of looted Jewish booty including some of the Rothschild gold - the good stuff,Degussa,Eyes of Horus lozenge,none of your cheap shit gold laced with tungsten that the Chinese bought.
You know whut,when a country's in the shit they always take you to war as a last resort.There are hawks on both side of the globe to whom nuclear war is a good means to solving a lot of the world's economic and social problems.
That's in extremis,I could go onbut rant over.
I'm always reminded of that movie The Bedford Incident where a shadowing military manoeuvre goes horribly wrong.We're building up to a 70's style Cold War powder keg once again.
I'm into town to buy more canned goods and essentials like bill hooks and fork handles.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 14:03]

Russia. on 19:24 - Oct 11 with 1826 viewsCiderwithRsie

Russia. on 13:51 - Oct 11 by TheBlob

The only thing that's out of date is me - Scotty actually like my cooking.
I made a bit of a typo earlier saying the Fed was printing $1b a month - meant to say it was $1trillion a month.
Also i don't know where somebody got the impression I said Russia wanted to have a pop at iran - nothing could be further from the truth.
Russia's put a damn great spannner in the works,along with Mccain's Army turning out bad.It's probably the only time I'm going to take off my hat to Corbyn over the vote not to bomb Syria.America's poodles indeed.
The idea was using some pretext to get involved in Syria so we could eventually.aid our main "ally" and its interests in subduing iran and get a bit of bunce along the way,but the russians understandably want a piece of the action so it's now a choke point - it all stops here.
As poor old Saddam found out (and Gaddaffi)once you start selling oil for gold rather than the petro Dollar the yanks are going to come looking for ya."Isis" has also been doing this.Plus they're screwing up the drugs trail and the smuggled gold route.
So what if you loose off a few Tomahawks /Hellfires/laser guded bombs,they've been bought with useless money anyway and it's all been piled on to the national debt in the manner of R's buying expendable players and piling that debt on to the club.You'll reprovision yet again and pile that cost on the debt.Then you expect suckers to buy government bonds to take a slice of the debt,there are still mugs out there,the chinese have rumbled the trend and are offloading in record numbers.....meanwhile the produce of the looted countries goes to shave some of that off.Hell,they can manipulate the gold price if they wanted to estimates(outrageous I think) of up to $50,000 an OUNCE.You see why gold is a necessity?Then there's the oil and drugs money.....No wonder they're keen to find that Nazi gold trian stuffed away in a Polish mountain tunnel.Supposedly full of looted Jewish booty including some of the Rothschild gold - the good stuff,Degussa,Eyes of Horus lozenge,none of your cheap shit gold laced with tungsten that the Chinese bought.
You know whut,when a country's in the shit they always take you to war as a last resort.There are hawks on both side of the globe to whom nuclear war is a good means to solving a lot of the world's economic and social problems.
That's in extremis,I could go onbut rant over.
I'm always reminded of that movie The Bedford Incident where a shadowing military manoeuvre goes horribly wrong.We're building up to a 70's style Cold War powder keg once again.
I'm into town to buy more canned goods and essentials like bill hooks and fork handles.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 14:03]

That makes a lot more sense.

PS you can never have enough billhooks. I never go to work without one.
Russia. on 19:38 - Oct 11 with 1815 viewsTheBlob

Russia. on 19:24 - Oct 11 by CiderwithRsie

That makes a lot more sense.

PS you can never have enough billhooks. I never go to work without one.

Ah hell,I'd been at the Guatemalan coffee again.
Are you like me and fed up with people pissing on your shoes and telling you it's raining?
I've just got this horrible feeling we're getting dragged into more shite,the parallels with bearded people blowing up antiquities for starters. has a strange echo of the Taliban antics before everyone steamed in.
Waiting now for some outrage that we can pin on (insert name here).
Just remember who has a handful of your IOUs and consequently a handful of your bollocks.

Russia. on 13:37 - Oct 12 with 1722 viewsR_from_afar

Russia. on 05:20 - Oct 11 by LadbrokeR

I am not the most informed when it comes to these matters but Putin supports Assads regime but is anti ISIS. In which case the Russians are dropping bombs on iSIS but if some of the free Syria army are taken out it's not a major concern.

...but look at where Russia has actually bombed:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34474362

They are primarily bombing areas where Assad is under pressure, regardless of whether it's ISIS or the FSA fighting him those areas. The Russians are not focused on taking out ISIS, that's just Russian propaganda.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Russia. on 13:45 - Oct 12 with 1715 viewsTheBlob

Your move......
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/russia-demands-explanatio

Russia. on 13:54 - Oct 12 with 1702 viewskensalriser

Russia. on 13:45 - Oct 12 by TheBlob

Your move......
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/russia-demands-explanatio

That looks very much like a bullshit propaganda source to me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024