Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's match 15:58 - Jul 22 with 20203 viewsganjR

Went down to grab my tickets for tonight. Near little ground and friendly staff. Think Dundee Utd. Will outsell us, which would be embarrassing.

Tonight's match on 21:42 - Jul 22 with 5018 viewsBklynRanger

Luongo definitely looks a good player from the game and a half I've seen.

I think Furlong could be very effective against certain teams - effortlessly quick.

The last thing Schorch did before getting subbed was get utterly bamboozled. Not sure we'll see him again.
Tonight's match on 21:50 - Jul 22 with 4888 viewsfakekerby

I'm a bit concerned we only have two friendlies left and a fair few players haven't had much of a run out yet.

Nice to hear the Swindon lads are impressing but should we still be persevering with trialists like Scorch who don't sound that good at all?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 21:55]
Tonight's match on 21:57 - Jul 22 with 4771 viewsVish

luongo had a good game, Mackie was his usual self.

Austin was way off the pace and didn't seem interested or fit.

Scorch didn't cover himself in glory either

Decent turnout today. Even Richard Langley came along

The Dundee Number 20 was pretty good!

Good a lot of players got 90mins. Would have been nice to see Faurlin get some game time though
Tonight's match on 22:07 - Jul 22 with 4638 viewsBakes

Tonight's match on 21:57 - Jul 22 by Vish

Good a lot of players got 90mins. Would have been nice to see Faurlin get some game time though

How did Col Donaldson do? Did he look like he could of played for us in the champ?

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Tonight's match on 22:14 - Jul 22 with 4540 viewsNW5Hoop

Defence was awful tonight. Just awful. Cut apart several times, and every one of the back four was beaten for pace. There was one moment when their LW gave Furlong a five-yard start and still left him for dead. A lot of improvement needs to be fitted into a fortnight.
Tonight's match on 22:49 - Jul 22 with 4194 viewsganjR

Tonight's match on 21:26 - Jul 22 by eccles

putting off all the scouts?

We all know what he can do but he's miles off the pace.

Whats the old joke? 15 million wouldn't buy him, and on tonights performance I'd be one of em!

Just back. Good games for Green, Ned and Luongo in the end.
Furlong looks good going forward but not at defensive positioning, talent is there but I don't think he's ready for first choice RB. Schorch isn't the back up CB we need, although not as bad as many make him out to be.
Dundee United were sharper and maybe should feel unlucky to lose 2-1. Good support from the Arabs, coaches not getting back til about 8am tomorrow. We had decent numbers in the end ourselves, although the United fans behind the goal sung for the whole 90mins. Liked the chant of England's number 5 to Green, which went down to 3 in the end after some good play by him.
Bilateral looked good for them (big FW) and a couple of United fans on the train said he is class but has glass ham strings.
Good workout for fitness, we need some sharpness too as our play was loose and sloppy. We also need defensive coaching as we were split open too many times.
Good evening out.
Tonight's match on 22:56 - Jul 22 with 4137 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 23:00]
Tonight's match on 23:11 - Jul 22 with 4039 viewsconnell10

good going forward but oh my we need some work at the back, we were shocking at times! The two ex swindon lads did well, phillips was good as was mackie. Chaz was blowing outta his arse after 20 mins, he looks like he is on the niko diet far to much timber for a 15million pound prem stroke england player! PUT THOSE PIES DOWN CHARLIE YOU FAT GIT!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's match on 23:27 - Jul 22 with 3917 viewsenfieldargh

Only a friendly but there didn't appear to be any game plan.

Not one of our players tried to boss the midfield. Still too many players looking for a backward pass instead of moving incisively forward.

Luongo needed to step up and stamp some authority on the game. He looked like he's got the talent to do so. He played quite well as did Mackie, furlong, chief and Gladwin in brief moments

Scorch didn't impress me so no doubt they'll hand him a contract.

No injuries and 90 mins for them although charlie went off two mins from time. The Arabs were singing you fat b'stard, sadly there were not wrong. Maybe we're selling him by the kilo?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Tonight's match on 00:05 - Jul 23 with 3726 viewsNorthernr

I was quite encouraged. The last 20 minutes was a write off as he'd obviously decided to give them 90 minutes regardless and we were blowing - Doughty in particular, which is a shame as he has no excuse for that and Ramsey was upset with his conditioning last season as well. Austin looked totally off the pace and disinterested, but only been back a week.

Disagree that we lacked a game plan. I think it's very obvious we're going to play 4-3-3 with one either side of a central striker and a tight three man midfield. I thought Luongo looked excellent, and Gladwin too before tiring. We moved down the field by playing out from full back into midfield, forming a triangle and then moving it forward again and doing likewise. It was a play we;'d clearly worked on and made a fcking change from "boot it long to Bobby".

The defence was shambolic. It;'s a flat no to the German on that evidence and Clint Hill cannot play left back in this system.

Try not to read too much into the friendlies, but I went away with far more positives than negatives.
Tonight's match on 00:10 - Jul 23 with 3700 viewsGetMeRangers

Tonight's match on 22:49 - Jul 22 by ganjR

Just back. Good games for Green, Ned and Luongo in the end.
Furlong looks good going forward but not at defensive positioning, talent is there but I don't think he's ready for first choice RB. Schorch isn't the back up CB we need, although not as bad as many make him out to be.
Dundee United were sharper and maybe should feel unlucky to lose 2-1. Good support from the Arabs, coaches not getting back til about 8am tomorrow. We had decent numbers in the end ourselves, although the United fans behind the goal sung for the whole 90mins. Liked the chant of England's number 5 to Green, which went down to 3 in the end after some good play by him.
Bilateral looked good for them (big FW) and a couple of United fans on the train said he is class but has glass ham strings.
Good workout for fitness, we need some sharpness too as our play was loose and sloppy. We also need defensive coaching as we were split open too many times.
Good evening out.

Much more enjoyable friendly than I thought it would be and generally agree with what you have said. I was surprised at how keen Dundee were - physical and speed. We didn't seem to be able to slow the game down and get it under control, particularly in midfield

some of the defending was shocking and I would say they were unlucky to lose.

Much that I like Jamie and all he brings, but for a fair bit of the game he looked like a terrier trying to retrieve a ball someone has thrown.

Hope we get to see some of the rest of the squad on Sunday. Had really been hoping to see Chery tonight but perhaps too early since he was signed
Tonight's match on 00:21 - Jul 23 with 3647 viewsPunteR

I know its only friendly's at the mo but hows Ned as captain so far? Does he look like he's taking some responsibility's on the pitch.?
Seems odd for Austin to be out of shape at this stage of preseason with premier league clubs showing interest. Still a few weeks to go I suppose.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tonight's match on 00:38 - Jul 23 with 3592 viewsQPR_Nippon

Tonight's match on 00:05 - Jul 23 by Northernr

I was quite encouraged. The last 20 minutes was a write off as he'd obviously decided to give them 90 minutes regardless and we were blowing - Doughty in particular, which is a shame as he has no excuse for that and Ramsey was upset with his conditioning last season as well. Austin looked totally off the pace and disinterested, but only been back a week.

Disagree that we lacked a game plan. I think it's very obvious we're going to play 4-3-3 with one either side of a central striker and a tight three man midfield. I thought Luongo looked excellent, and Gladwin too before tiring. We moved down the field by playing out from full back into midfield, forming a triangle and then moving it forward again and doing likewise. It was a play we;'d clearly worked on and made a fcking change from "boot it long to Bobby".

The defence was shambolic. It;'s a flat no to the German on that evidence and Clint Hill cannot play left back in this system.

Try not to read too much into the friendlies, but I went away with far more positives than negatives.

That's what I was expecting, but it didn't really seem like a tight midfield 3 to me, I have to say. Thought Gladwin was playing very much on the left, Phillips right, obviously (with Furlong left exposed a number of times I might add) and Luongo/Doughty in the middle. A lot of the time the central striker role actually seemed to be occupied by Mackie, because Austin was just roving around the field popping up randomly in weird, unexpected positions! If pushed I would have called it a 4-4-2.
Tonight's match on 08:32 - Jul 23 with 3011 viewsBlackandGoldR

Pretty much agree with all that has been said relating to positive (Luongo) and negative (Schorch) points. I just feel a 4-3-3 leaves us exposed at the back. Think a 4-2-3-1 would work much better. Allowing the full backs to get forward and some cover for the defence from the middle. For this though we would need a Sandro/Henry type to be playing too. Good minutes but lots to be done before Charlton
Tonight's match on 11:05 - Jul 23 with 2732 viewsGetMeRangers

Tonight's match on 11:13 - Jul 23 with 2702 viewswombat

Tonight's match on 08:32 - Jul 23 by BlackandGoldR

Pretty much agree with all that has been said relating to positive (Luongo) and negative (Schorch) points. I just feel a 4-3-3 leaves us exposed at the back. Think a 4-2-3-1 would work much better. Allowing the full backs to get forward and some cover for the defence from the middle. For this though we would need a Sandro/Henry type to be playing too. Good minutes but lots to be done before Charlton

id have everybodys best friend barton sitting behind luongo and gladwin in the middle myself , you need a player who can read a game sandro and henry dont possess one btween them.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Tonight's match on 11:30 - Jul 23 with 2653 viewsfakekerby

Tonight's match on 00:21 - Jul 23 by PunteR

I know its only friendly's at the mo but hows Ned as captain so far? Does he look like he's taking some responsibility's on the pitch.?
Seems odd for Austin to be out of shape at this stage of preseason with premier league clubs showing interest. Still a few weeks to go I suppose.

Charlie has had far less of a pre season than anybody else due to his honeymoon and extended holiday - which was granted by the club.

He'll be fighting fit on the first game and is far and away our best player, so no need to start worrying over his fitness/shape. He's quite a big unit these days anyway, it won't take long to trim the excess fat from his holidays.
Tonight's match on 11:45 - Jul 23 with 2617 viewssimmo

Tonight's match on 21:57 - Jul 22 by Vish

Basically this. Doughty also looked absolutely shagged, his physical condition seems to continue to cause him issues...

I really liked how Dundee played, can see them doing well this season.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Tonight's match on 11:46 - Jul 23 with 2610 viewsCamberleyR

For those that went, did Dundee United have anyone that took the eye that could maybe potentially step up?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tonight's match on 11:57 - Jul 23 with 2578 viewsolderR

Tonight's match on 11:46 - Jul 23 by CamberleyR

For those that went, did Dundee United have anyone that took the eye that could maybe potentially step up?

Col Donaldson!
Tonight's match on 12:03 - Jul 23 with 2555 viewsNorthernr

Tonight's match on 11:46 - Jul 23 by CamberleyR

If we sign their goalkeeper to replace McCarthy it's time to start putting the women and children into the lifeboats.
Tonight's match on 12:18 - Jul 23 with 2498 viewsCamberleyR

Tonight's match on 12:03 - Jul 23 by Northernr

If we sign their goalkeeper to replace McCarthy it's time to start putting the women and children into the lifeboats.

Made Ademole Bankole look like Dino Zoff then?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tonight's match on 13:15 - Jul 23 with 2398 viewsTacticalR

Tonight's match on 00:05 - Jul 23 by Northernr

@Northernr "boot it long to Bobby".

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Air hostess clique

Tonight's match on 14:56 - Jul 23 with 2264 viewsNorthernr

Tonight's match on 12:18 - Jul 23 by CamberleyR

Might steal that line for the write up
Tonight's match on 15:00 - Jul 23 with 2246 viewsfakekerby

Tonight's match on 12:18 - Jul 23 by CamberleyR

I have no idea how Bankole earned a living out of football.

Couldn't catch, couldn't punch, couldn't even take the bloody goal kicks!

It was an absolutely unforgettable day watching him play though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024