Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Investments 23:42 - Jun 8 with 7986 viewsrrrspricey

Anyone here made any?

Looking to invest around £100k. Looked at some student housing that guarantees around 9% pa, anyone invested at this or any other advice that's better than sticking in a building society?
Investments (n/t) on 23:46 - Jun 8 with 5698 viewshighleverhoopL

Investments on 23:51 - Jun 8 with 5688 viewshighleverhoopL

Nothing guarantees 9%. If it offers 9% then there is a big risk associated.
What you should do with your 100k depends on timeframe and what you are trying to achieve.
Investments on 00:05 - Jun 9 with 5661 viewsRamseyR

Don't know where you're based, and what you'd get in your area, but look into purchasing a commercial property and renting it out...lots less to go wrong....no white goods, no boilers etc.
Some good yields to be had. 9% is not to be sniffed at, but I get a lot more than that on the commercial unit I rent out. If you keep under approx. 1000sq ft, there is currently a 100% exemption on business rates, although that could change in the future.
Investments on 07:00 - Jun 9 with 5472 viewsDWQPR

Putting my professional hat on here I would advise you to find an IFA. You would recieve good, professional advice and be covered by their professional indemnity insurance, unlike going it alone. It would be nice to chase a 9% return in this day and age, but frankly the higher the potential reward the higher the risk and you need to ask yourself what risk you are prepared to take and over what timescale you are looking to invest for. An IFA would help you understand all this. In addition to this the new pension access rules make such an investment far more attractive nowadays. If you want more information you can PM me.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Investments on 07:18 - Jun 9 with 5442 viewscaliforniahoop

Invest a fraction of that in my business and I will gaurentee 9% return!
Investments on 07:34 - Jun 9 with 5408 viewsRangersDave

It really depends on how altruistic you are with your thought process.
Currently I'm in one to earn between 30 and 85% on my investments this year, after 2 years of building my business and getting nothing.

It can be had if you look and are willing to wait for the return
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Investments on 07:42 - Jun 9 with 5391 viewsbosh67

My girlfriend set up a shares portfolio through the NFU and that has returned about 9-10% in the first year on roughly the same amount. Low and medium risk so it did okay.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Investments on 08:02 - Jun 9 with 5349 viewswestberksr

Investments on 07:42 - Jun 9 by bosh67

My girlfriend set up a shares portfolio through the NFU and that has returned about 9-10% in the first year on roughly the same amount. Low and medium risk so it did okay.

most funds have done OK the past couple of years but there are no guarantees it will continue.

the student housing deals do offer a higher income yield, but that applies to student rentals pretty much everywhere as they will pile 3 studants into a 2 bed proeprty with the living room becoming a bedroom.

how long is the income guaranteed for, what is the exi strategy if you need some capital back, are they mortgageable, what fees are taken after the rent guarantee runs out.

Not saying don't, but just need to look into it a bit more. Any property investment including commercial can work, but all have potential issues.

As do any other investments to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

Investments on 08:30 - Jun 9 with 5292 viewsthompsonridd

Have you looked at Peer to Peer Lending.

Good returns, security and you pick the term and can spread you investment over loads of loans.

I am an IFA and this is becoming quite popular.

Best go to unbiased.co.uk and find a local IFA near you.

Good luck
Investments on 09:14 - Jun 9 with 5193 viewsTheBlob

Gold bullion.Small ingots so there's less chance of getting gold plated tungsten.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Investments on 09:59 - Jun 9 with 5094 viewsGloucs_R

Poll: Are we staying up?

Investments on 10:23 - Jun 9 with 5034 viewsBostonR

Depends on many things:
Have you paid off your mortgage?
Do you have any other debts?
What is your pension provision
How old are you?

If you are in good financial shape and say over 55 how about spending it! That is what I am doing. I am not hanging around waiting until retirement. The kids are ok, I have a good life and I have spare cash so I decided to have a mid-life crisis and it's great!.
Investments on 11:51 - Jun 9 with 4932 viewsTacticalR

How about taking the whole board out for a piss up?

Air hostess clique

Investments on 11:57 - Jun 9 with 4911 viewspomanjou

My current investments paying off handsomely in both income and capital gains.

9.7% in Barratts - house builder
3.4% in Bellway - house builder
1.2% in Crest Nicholson - housebuilder
1.6% in Persimmon - housebuilder
12.1% in Taylor Wimpey - housebuilder
2.7% in Dixons/Carphone
8.9% in Glaxo Smith Kline
6.8% in GVC- onlineline betting in unregulated countries
2.9% in Legal and General
2.7% in National grid
7.4% in Redd - car crash insurance support services
4.5% in Royal Dutch Shell
1.4% in Sainsburys
3.3% in Unilever

2.3% premium bonds

11.5% Prudential income bonds
9.8% Generali income bonds.

7.8% cash

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Investments on 12:05 - Jun 9 with 4887 viewsBostonR

Investments on 11:51 - Jun 9 by TacticalR

How about taking the whole board out for a piss up?

You dont like me! Gonna spend it all on my own - that is my mid-life crisis!
Investments on 12:07 - Jun 9 with 4880 viewsLblock

If you wind of a "shipment" coming in from South America then lump on and you'll quaruple your money

The risk is 12 years inside but.......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Investments on 12:23 - Jun 9 with 4828 viewsTacticalR

Investments on 12:07 - Jun 9 by Lblock

If you wind of a "shipment" coming in from South America then lump on and you'll quaruple your money

The risk is 12 years inside but.......

Glad to see we have some genuine entrepreneurs on this board.

Air hostess clique

Investments on 12:33 - Jun 9 with 4800 viewspaesanu

With the same as you last year I bought two properties and rented them out as multilets. I manage them myself however and you have to have a passion for property otherwise you'll become an unreasonable landlord which helps no-one.

ROI is about 13%, based in Liverpool.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Investments on 14:32 - Jun 9 with 4678 viewsheadhoops

wait a few months and stick it all on Forest to beat us at the city ground even if we are top and they are bottom.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Investments on 14:48 - Jun 9 with 4639 viewsbaz_qpr

Easy to say when its not your money but if I had 100k I would put half of it into something safe and the rest into a punt on 3D Printing Tech stocks. Stratasys and Arcam are supposed to be the 2 main companies with the key tech / patents. This IMHO is the next big disruptive technology
Investments on 15:06 - Jun 9 with 4610 viewsnedflanders

I've just invested 20 ew on to begin in the 310fontwell
Investments on 15:09 - Jun 9 with 4584 viewsstowmarketrange

Investments on 10:23 - Jun 9 by BostonR

Depends on many things:
Have you paid off your mortgage?
Do you have any other debts?
What is your pension provision
How old are you?

If you are in good financial shape and say over 55 how about spending it! That is what I am doing. I am not hanging around waiting until retirement. The kids are ok, I have a good life and I have spare cash so I decided to have a mid-life crisis and it's great!.

I'm 55 in September and I've got lots of different ideas on what to do with my lump sum and the 75% of my deferred pension.
Part of me wants to buy a villa in Spain or Portugal,but my sensible side says stick it in a high interest account,or invest it for when I'm ready to slow down at 60.
I've spoken to a couple of IFAs and they both said different things,so I still ain't sure what to do.
I suppose I could always invest it in a football club.Does anybody know a stable club to invest in?
Investments on 17:06 - Jun 9 with 4467 viewsMark1

Markets have been going up since around 2009 and I'd be a tad wary going in now.

Usually best to be a contrarian, so may not be a bad idea to put some of the money into something that makes you money if/when the market falls.

Also, house prices in London are ridiculous and if rates were to rise the fall could be dramatic,so I'd tread carefully there too.

Some of my dosh is in precious metals ETF's and Gold funds - been crap for some time now, so hopefully, they could do well if the economy takes a dive.
Investments on 17:14 - Jun 9 with 4456 viewsloftus77

Investments on 14:32 - Jun 9 by headhoops

wait a few months and stick it all on Forest to beat us at the city ground even if we are top and they are bottom.

This.

Absolute guaranteed 100% return - stronger than bricks and mortar.
Investments on 18:02 - Jun 9 with 4389 viewscaptainmycaptian

Beer women and qpr ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024