Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This jackarmy site 21:22 - Feb 9 with 40647 viewsperchrockjack

Some alarming stuff on there..

Very disconcerting

Seems we basically have directors and a trust that cannot be trusted.

Well, are we in shite or not

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This jackarmy site on 21:24 - Feb 9 with 5514 viewswaynekerr55

I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle Perch. We as fans have a right to ask questions, and it's silly to blindly trust anyone.

That said I trust the TRUST to make the right decisions. I hope this takeover issue increases people who are fully paid up members of the trust. I'm hoping to get back for the Friday event.

BTW are you banned from TJA site?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

This jackarmy site on 21:27 - Feb 9 with 5489 viewsperchrockjack

Probably, but I ll not go on there out of choice.

Have to say that there is asking questions and asking questions.

Questions aren't asked really ,just slagging off phil sumbler and directors.

This jackarmy site on 21:28 - Feb 9 with 5466 viewswaynekerr55

This jackarmy site on 21:27 - Feb 9 by perchrockjack

Probably, but I ll not go on there out of choice.

Have to say that there is asking questions and asking questions.

Questions aren't asked really ,just slagging off phil sumbler and directors.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I hope this investment talk doesn't cause a split in the ranks. We've achieved what we have due to unity.

This jackarmy site on 21:29 - Feb 9 with 5454 viewsParlay

I think the right questions are being asked. When money comes into it then you cant trust anybody as far as I'm concerned.

And the problem is that our trust director has hefty yearly contract with the club for his personal business (printing?). Which goes without saying is a clash of thought. If the fans have a real issue then how much would he want to press it or fight against the grain if 100k a year or whatever it is of personal money is on the line.

Nobody is accusing the trust of anything other than having a scenario where a clash of thought has become apparent.

(Not in the criminal sense but in the personal human instinct sense)
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 2:07]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

This jackarmy site on 21:29 - Feb 9 with 5458 viewsGretsch

People want to remember who the trust were when we weren't A billy big bollucks club, when you had to pay to join the trust if you wanted to. To help the swans keep their 20% because you wanted to help the club and it was only a few seasons ago. People like Phil (who I don't know and have never met) were in fairness bothered to get off their arse and do whatever they could to HELP the club, I was happy to hand over my tenner and sell my raffles and sit on my arse, so I am greatful to people who put in an effort.

Some people just disrespect or can't remember the past. But all to their own opinions.
This jackarmy site on 21:31 - Feb 9 with 5440 viewsDarran

This jackarmy site on 21:29 - Feb 9 by Gretsch

People want to remember who the trust were when we weren't A billy big bollucks club, when you had to pay to join the trust if you wanted to. To help the swans keep their 20% because you wanted to help the club and it was only a few seasons ago. People like Phil (who I don't know and have never met) were in fairness bothered to get off their arse and do whatever they could to HELP the club, I was happy to hand over my tenner and sell my raffles and sit on my arse, so I am greatful to people who put in an effort.

Some people just disrespect or can't remember the past. But all to their own opinions.

Spot on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

This jackarmy site on 21:33 - Feb 9 with 5429 viewsperchrockjack

We have a chasm Wayne.

Many seem to be laudrup bitches.

I've never been so confident of the people running of our club.

I don't believe they lll shaft us which is the naked accusation on that site.

We Ve had buffoons before, these aren't.

This jackarmy site on 21:35 - Feb 9 with 5400 viewswaynekerr55

This jackarmy site on 21:33 - Feb 9 by perchrockjack

We have a chasm Wayne.

Many seem to be laudrup bitches.

I've never been so confident of the people running of our club.

I don't believe they lll shaft us which is the naked accusation on that site.

We Ve had buffoons before, these aren't.

Laudrup was brilliant up until the COC. Then the wheels fell off bar a couple of 'one off' performances.

We certainly weren't travelling in the right direction (IMO anyway). I do think that money can poison people, and I hope it won't in this case.

As I've said, more people MUST join and pay their £10 subs

Login to get fewer ads

This jackarmy site on 21:39 - Feb 9 with 5365 viewsJackfath

Pippy should put a link up to the relevant section of the trust site and make it a sticky.

That way more and more people will pay their tenners. init.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

This jackarmy site on 21:39 - Feb 9 with 5365 viewsperchrockjack

Have to say you can only judge people on what uou know of them.

Sumbler has been pre eminent in saving our club so sorry I won't see him ridiculed as he s being.

Truly we are playing with fire by looking at a crisis that isn't there and reading the ja post we are

This jackarmy site on 21:40 - Feb 9 with 5356 viewsGretsch

The problem with groups and cliques they destroy rather than build.

If anyone needs to know how big a FAN Huw is, watch Jack Army, he isn't just some guy with the reins he is a fan.
This jackarmy site on 21:41 - Feb 9 with 5345 viewswaynekerr55

This jackarmy site on 21:39 - Feb 9 by Jackfath

Pippy should put a link up to the relevant section of the trust site and make it a sticky.

Needs doing Fath.

Great post, although no doubt someone will say you're on a wind up...

This jackarmy site on 21:41 - Feb 9 with 5344 viewsskippyjack

The trust are against the takeover.. but the affiliation between the trust board members and the club directors goes back 13 years.. even if the takeover happens it'll be beneficial for the City..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

This jackarmy site on 21:42 - Feb 9 with 5328 viewsParlay

This jackarmy site on 21:40 - Feb 9 by Gretsch

If anyone needs to know how big a FAN Huw is, watch Jack Army, he isn't just some guy with the reins he is a fan.

The problem be it, if he sells to the Americans then it doesn't matter how much of a fan he is, he aint the shareholder any more and wont be making the decisions.

Anybody who thinks the yanks are coming on board for 30% are mad. They want control otherwise what is the point? 30% is the opening gambit and would bet anything anyone would wish on that.

Forum celebrity

This jackarmy site on 21:49 - Feb 9 with 5284 viewsNeath_Jack

I suggested months ago that the best place for advertising, is at the match.

A couple of banners (I'm sure there may be a printer person linked to the Trust who can give them a "good" deal) placed in prominent places on the concourse, with a couple of Trust reps below them to offer advice and give information, and sign them up there and then (if that's possible). It's where people congregate, with their mates, fellow fans, a great topic of conversation and there's the peer pressure element of it. Add in some will have had a few sherberts, so will be more likely to part with their hard earned.

Unfortunately it was dismissed out of hand.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

This jackarmy site on 21:50 - Feb 9 with 5277 viewsGretsch

Fair point but I personally believe he has the interests of the club at heart, and isn't a mercenary and would do the right thing for the club.

If the American investment is made of course it may end up a take over, but they want to take over a club in the Premier surely, and don't want a club to drive it into The Championship and lower.

Yes I know about Tan but I belive our board are a little bit different from others, time will tell though.
This jackarmy site on 21:52 - Feb 9 with 5258 viewsGretsch

This jackarmy site on 21:49 - Feb 9 by Neath_Jack

A couple of banners (I'm sure there may be a printer person linked to the Trust who can give them a "good" deal) placed in prominent places on the concourse, with a couple of Trust reps below them to offer advice and give information, and sign them up there and then (if that's possible). It's where people congregate, with their mates, fellow fans, a great topic of conversation and there's the peer pressure element of it. Add in some will have had a few sherberts, so will be more likely to part with their hard earned.

Few handouts in the fans boozers, probably a hundred people in the Landore club on match day maybe more.
This jackarmy site on 21:54 - Feb 9 with 5238 viewsskippyjack

This jackarmy site on 21:42 - Feb 9 by Parlay

The problem be it, if he sells to the Americans then it doesn't matter how much of a fan he is, he aint the shareholder any more and wont be making the decisions.

Anybody who thinks the yanks are coming on board for 30% are mad. They want control otherwise what is the point? 30% is the opening gambit and would bet anything anyone would wish on that.

As I said months ago.. we will probably buy the Stadium.. sell 30% and the Stadium naming rights goes to the 'investors'.. plus our affiliation with our in debt council (f*ck knows how we're in 80 million debt mind..freebies?..oh well).. and the fact it'll enhance the selling Directors other business ventures which also has an affiliation with the City..

This move is for the benefit of the City.. plus our new University Campus and the links our club has with the educational system in Swansea.. plus this American investor has previous for University improvements.. this takeover isn't just about the club.. it involves a lot of things.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

This jackarmy site on 21:56 - Feb 9 with 5224 viewsskippyjack

F*ck off.. I've already given them my unskilled, uneducated views.. they owe me a tenner.

This jackarmy site on 21:58 - Feb 9 with 5204 viewsApeShit

This jackarmy site on 21:49 - Feb 9 by Neath_Jack

What about the LED boards facing the crowd?
This jackarmy site on 22:00 - Feb 9 with 5183 viewsNeath_Jack

This jackarmy site on 21:40 - Feb 9 by Gretsch

I don't think anyone is doubting his fandom.

There is clearly a conflict of interest though and anyone who tries to say any different is being very silly.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

This jackarmy site on 22:01 - Feb 9 with 5173 viewsNeath_Jack

This jackarmy site on 21:58 - Feb 9 by ApeShit

What about the LED boards facing the crowd?

Can't see them from our seats, they're too dim mun.

This jackarmy site on 22:02 - Feb 9 with 5168 viewsskippyjack

This jackarmy site on 22:00 - Feb 9 by Neath_Jack

There is clearly a conflict of interest though and anyone who tries to say any different is being very silly.

It's not a conflict of interest.. Leigh Dineen and T2C clarified what they did or do.

This jackarmy site on 22:07 - Feb 9 with 5141 viewsGretsch

This jackarmy site on 22:00 - Feb 9 by Neath_Jack

I am talking of the Laudrup gang, and the Monk hating gang, anf the Sumbler haters etc., and those with agendas to be leaders that no one necessarily wants.

In who else do we trust, we have a chairman who is a fan of the club, many/most of the executive are fans or people who put their hands in their picket to save us, and we have a trust who are obviously fans. Money can easily corrupt but I would rather have what we have rather than a Risdale or an Ashleigh etc.
This jackarmy site on 22:07 - Feb 9 with 5128 viewsParlay

This jackarmy site on 22:02 - Feb 9 by skippyjack

It's not a conflict of interest.. Leigh Dineen and T2C clarified what they did or do.

Of course there is clash of thought though.

Huw Cooze has been paid 400k by the club over the last 3 years into his personal business. 400k!

Thats an awful big incentive to toe the party line.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2015 2:08]

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024